THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that what the test is? What life is about? To see whether we go to heaven or hell? I was actually told this once. I have ALOT of good in me. I have some bad too. I admit this.
Simply put, yes!

The thing is to be honest, none of us can win the battles within us alone. This is why Jesus came to make it possible as it says here:

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

So what we need is to have God working with us inside of us. We have to open up the door to our own heart and invite Him inside. Of course that is only the beginning.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last week my mom took some pills and got high. She went to sleep and wouldn't wake up. At first I thought she would wake up later but she didn't. I waited an hour later and tried to wake her up. She wouldn't wake up. I told my sister and she called the paramedics and they came over and gave her a shot. She woke up. The first time it happened I woke her up out of the bathroom. She was sleeping on the toilet with the door locked.
I am praying now for you and your Mom.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Each class was worth 2 to 3 units. I got a B plus in English in college,my highest grafe and my highest grade in high school was an A plus in algebra.

Reactions: Helen

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The reason I became a seventh day Adventist was because I felt lost and all of a sudden Doug batchelor came on my TV and said in order to be saved I must keep the Sabbath, but beforehand I was on Myspace and I put on there my favorite genre is horror, that's my favorite movies.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Simply put, yes!

The thing is to be honest, none of us can win the battles within us alone. This is why Jesus case to make it possible as it says here:

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

So what we need is to have God working with us inside of us. We have to open up the door to our own heart and invite Him inside. Of course that is only the beginning.
Yes with God all things are possible. I used to work for sac cental and they gave me food and clothes.

Reactions: amadeus

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Yes with God all things are possible. I used to work for sac cental and they gave me food and clothes.
The reason I became a seventh day Adventist was because I felt lost and all of a sudden Doug batchelor came on my TV and said in order to be saved I must keep the Sabbath, but beforehand I was on Myspace and I put on there my favorite genre is horror, that's my favorite movies.
I love horror movies!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
My grandfather passed. He filmed alot of horror and action movies. I love action and Kung Fu movies. I used to smoke and chill and watch TV and movies. I would watch kungfu movies with my brother like the karate kid and Jackie Chan. Rush hour is a pretty good movie. I like the lost boys.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
My grandfather passed. He filmed alot of horror and action movies. I love action and Kung Fu movies. I used to smoke and chill and watch TV and movies. I would watch kungfu movies with my brother like the karate kid and Jackie Chan. Rush hour is a pretty good movie. I like the lost boys.
It's about a good vampire's I.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
There's a verse in the Bible that says horror is of the devil and is to be shunned. Forget what verse it is.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a verse in the Bible that says horror is of the devil and is to be shunned. Forget what verse it is.
I don't know about one verse that speaks directly in that way. Perhaps someone else here knows one... But consider these two verses.

First here is Jesus speaking to the Jews:

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." John 8:44

And then Paul admonishes us to steer clear of such things:

Abstain from all appearance of evil." I Thess 8:22

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
We can know we are right when Jesus changes our hearts and minds and we think alike and when the holy Spirit guides and leads us. Prayer and discipline are important, they're key. When you're changed from a sinner to light, you'll know the holy Spirit. And attending church on Saturday or Sunday helps biblical understanding, like reading the Bible with prayer. The holy Spirit brings understanding.