THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I don't know about one verse that speaks directly in that way. Perhaps someone else here knows one... But consider these two verses.

First here is Jesus speaking to the Jews:

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." John 8:44

And then Paul admonishes us to steer clear of such things:

Abstain from all appearance of evil." I Thess 8:22
I apologize. I was just kidding. Just backed into a corner.
I apologize for acting up with the key of David. It is good but I don't ALWAYS praise the Lord I leave time for me too.

Reactions: Nancy

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
One last thing for now..... If you read my messages in the right way you'll see I'm not talking to myself.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Delivery is delivery. Work is to be done for God. And many people have or had two sides or a balance one way or another whether it's respect or something.
I don't like having personal comments made towards me about the lord.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You are absolutely correct. However, there is good biblical justification in the concept that the Son of God,. Jesus, in His preincarnate life, was known as Michael. The fact that Michael is indeed an archangel doors not necessarily mean he is a created angel as are the others. Several times Jesus is referenced as an angel... Messenger of the covenant etc... But we don't automatically think he was created. Just saying. Not really wanting to create a debate here... Just suggesting there are other legitimate perspectives to the identity of Michael without lessening the attributes of Christ himself.
I believe Jesus is the son of God but used to be an angel before passing the earthly test.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ told Peter, "I will build my church; and the gates of hell (Gk. 'hades') shall not prevail against it." This church is still future, for it is begun with a resurrected people.

You misunderstand. That Church is now! And it WAS begun, and is peopled NOW by a ressurected people...

'let the dead bury the dead' comes to mind

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
There's a verse in the Bible that says call no man your father in regards to spiritual means. This is because our father in heaven is our spiritual father.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I heard once that each person has the power..the potential for great good or great evil... The Bible says that "the heart is exceedingly wicked above all else... Who can know it?"

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
In the end though Christ did rise again from the cross and became God. He is risen he is Christ.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You misunderstand. That Church is now! And it WAS begun, and is peopled NOW by a ressurected people...

'let the dead bury the dead' comes to mind

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!
I think that church is the Catholic Church.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

I believe Jesus is the son of God but used to be an angel before passing the earthly test.
You are correct that Christ is an angel, but not in the sense of a created being. The word angel essentially means messenger. The Son ,Jesus, is described as the messenger ( angel) of the covenant. Jesus was not created, the Father created all things through His Son. The Father and Son cooperated with each other to create all things.
Archangel simply means "head of the angels" The archangel is the boss. Michael was the only being described as an archangel. Which means he was the head of all the angels... Elsewhere Jesus is described as the Lord of hosts... Same job... Different title.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Jesus used to be a man on Earth but became a God, right? Or I'd say he's the son of God.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You are correct that Christ is an angel, but not in the sense of a created being. The word angel essentially means messenger. The Son ,Jesus, is described as the messenger ( angel) of the covenant. Jesus was not created, the Father created all things through His Son. The Father and Son cooperated with each other to create all things.
Archangel simply means "head of the angels" The archangel is the boss. Michael was the only being described as an archangel. Which means he was the head of all the angels... Elsewhere Jesus is described as the Lord of hosts... Same job... Different title.
So Jesus is like an archangel?