THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If Jesus was on Earth he was the son of man as Earth is for men. He was born there after all. I don't know if he died. If he didn't answer the questions?
which questions, sorry?
Well if red isn't a contraption I guess the jew flake Farley's swak to get some pork chips. Vegan stew... Hebrew Brew.
red, a contraption? hmm could you elaborate, ty. might be onto something there :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would say "no!"
no jew nor gentile in the kingdom
so that maybe becomes another way to hide wisdom?

Caught me on that one, huh?

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Gal 3:28

I would guess that "Greek" here refers to any non-gentiles which could also be Gentile...or?

áEllhn Hellen (hel'-lane);
Word Origin: Greek, Noun Masculine, Strong #: 1672

1. a Greek either by nationality, whether a native of the main land or of the Greek islands or colonies
  2. in a wider sense the name embraces all nations not Jews that made the language, customs, and learning of the Greeks their own; the primary reference is to a difference of religion and worship
KJV Word Usage and Count
Greek 20
Gentile 7

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Gal 3:28

I would guess that "Greek" here refers to any non-gentiles which could also be Gentile...or?

1. a Greek either by nationality, whether a native of the main land or of the Greek islands or colonies
  2. in a wider sense the name embraces all nations not Jews that made the language, customs, and learning of the Greeks their own; the primary reference is to a difference of religion and worship
KJV Word Usage and Count
Greek 20
Gentile 7
man, i'm not at all sure, i know the Jews of Scriptural days were pretty much completely fractured, and captured by "hellenized thought"--just like us iow--so fwiw i began putting myself in wherever i read about a "Jew" in the NT, prolly been a couple years ago now, meant to be temporary, but as we Christians are so completely under the law and all now, and exhibit every sign they did, i guess it will be permanent, for me anyway

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man, i'm not at all sure, i know the Jews of Scriptural days were pretty much completely fractured, and captured by "hellenized thought"--just like us iow--so fwiw i began putting myself in wherever i read about a "Jew" in the NT, prolly been a couple years ago now, meant to be temporary, but as we Christians are so completely under the law and all now, and exhibit every sign they did, i guess it will be permanent, for me anyway
Of course your thoughts and question are necessary ones. When a distinction is made between Jew and Gentle/Greek we should keep this also in mind:

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Rom 9:6

So is every physical descendant of Jacob a Jew... or even if he is, is he an Israelite?
The descendants of Jacob may still "supplanters" or "heel catchers".

ÅIsrahvl Israel (is-rah-ale');
Word Origin: Hebrew, Adjective, Strong #: 2474

Israel = "he shall be a prince of God"
  1. the name given to the patriarch Jacob (and borne by him in addition to his former name)
  2. the family or descendants of Israel, the nation of Israel
  3. Christians, the Israel of God (Gal 6:
KJV Word Usage and Count
Israel 70

ÅIakwvb Iakob (ee-ak-obe');
Word Origin: Hebrew, Noun Masculine, Strong #: 2384

Jacob = "heel-catcher or supplanter"
  1. was the second son of Isaac
  2. the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary
KJV Word Usage and Count
Jacob 27

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

KJV Word Usage and Count
Greek 20
Gentile 7
We are all one in Christ Jesus... Is that like the saying we are all brothers and sisters in Gods eyes?

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is THE church. Buildings come and go. Not Christ who is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow.

B

brakelite

Of course your thoughts and question are necessary ones. When a distinction is made between Jew and Gentle/Greek we should keep this also in mind:

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Rom 9:6

So is every physical descendant of Jacob a Jew... or even if he is, is he an Israelite?
The descendants of Jacob may still "supplanters" or "heel catchers".

ÅIsrahvl Israel (is-rah-ale');
Word Origin: Hebrew, Adjective, Strong #: 2474

Israel = "he shall be a prince of God"
  1. the name given to the patriarch Jacob (and borne by him in addition to his former name)
  2. the family or descendants of Israel, the nation of Israel
  3. Christians, the Israel of God (Gal 6:
KJV Word Usage and Count
Israel 70

ÅIakwvb Iakob (ee-ak-obe');
Word Origin: Hebrew, Noun Masculine, Strong #: 2384

Jacob = "heel-catcher or supplanter"
  1. was the second son of Isaac
  2. the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary
KJV Word Usage and Count
Jacob 27
The name Israel applied to the individual son of Isaac until the time of Moses when God called Israel in a corporate sense out of Egypt...
KJV Exodus 4
22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord , Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
Do at first it applied to one man, then to his descendants. Did they live up to that name? Were they overcomes as Jacob overcame the angel and prevailed? Interesting though that Matthew applied the prophecy of Hosea 11:1 to Jesus. So where the people of Israel failed to live up to Gods expectations, Jesus did. So when you ask are there heel grippers today, I guess yes... But in Christ they too can overcome yes?

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all one in Christ Jesus... Is that like the saying we are all brothers and sisters in Gods eyes?
"And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother." Mark 3:33-35

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
"And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother." Mark 3:33-35
Praise be to GOD and Jesus!

Reactions: amadeus

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
s
God doesn't choose to 'send' people to hell. He loves us so much he sent Jesus to die for our sin so we could be rescued from hell. But if we don't choose to accept Jesus it is where we are all destined.
Amen. Jesus and God both like love and bless us. They watch over us and guide us through the Bible Church pastors and sermons. They strive with us for as long as possible until we can understand or heed their words in their handbook or prophetic book. The Bible is basic instructions bringing life eternal or basic instructions before leaving Earth. Jesus has a mission for usm that is to baptise, recruit, train, and teach Gods word the best we can at the time. To feed the hungry clothe the naked and donate to the poor. If you don't want to donate that is perfectly okay but to recruit people to learn the truth about their creator is good. They can then choose either sda or Catholic. This is the great controversy between Christ and the Devil. Christ dwells with God and God dwells amongst the people. The Devil tempts and gets his way with people. I used to be Catholic and it was a good church and when I was a kid I liked playing with the other kids there and getting candy during catechism class but I really like the meat marrow or milk of the word given to us by our father and the church. If I choose seventh day Adventism as I may then so be it but one thing is for certain- God is important and an important part of us and our lives as he can help and do things for us and he is the great creator of life. You don't have to be a nerd just be smart in things you do and decisions you make. Stay as young as you can be and treat your teeth and body well. Whether your vegan or not is up to you but there are plans and options for you.

Reactions: Nancy

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
God created the many seas and mountains the sun and the moon. The sun for warmth and light to see and the moon to light the night. He created food and the body and clothes to warm the body and fashion. With out clothes we'd be much colder and clothes style the body and a strong healthy body is important. Being fit is very important and you'll be much happier. He gave us a brain and mind to use and a male and female companion to aid us in life. To help us out and to have a relationship with. Children are for the edification of the church and God head and you can raise them how you want and see what they are like. See what's in that head of theirs. God made us with musical minds and the ability to teach and he's taught me. Teachers are are well worth it and the wait and are cool good responsible and important. Each mind matters and is important and there's a season and time for all things but there is more to life than just war and killing. There's many aspects of life but there is a time for all things. God can show us the way through Jesus and we can choose either light or dark. Either wisdom or acceptance and with acceptance comes smarts and new and cool ways of thinking. It is cool to be smart however to be over haughty is naughty.

Reactions: Giuliano