THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You are correct that Christ is an angel, but not in the sense of a created being. The word angel essentially means messenger. The Son ,Jesus, is described as the messenger ( angel) of the covenant. Jesus was not created, the Father created all things through His Son. The Father and Son cooperated with each other to create all things.
Archangel simply means "head of the angels" The archangel is the boss. Michael was the only being described as an archangel. Which means he was the head of all the angels... Elsewhere Jesus is described as the Lord of hosts... Same job... Different title.
Love it. But entities and God bless you and your balanced family.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
David didn't choose to rebel against God he liked who he really was. He ALWAYS liked it. It always worked for him. It wasn't until he met Jesus that he changed and that he did well.
Is the son of man also the Son of God? Is Jesus both? Did Jesus die?

"And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God." Mark 15:39

"In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." I John 4:9
Yes Jesus is the son of God. He is excellent. I have alot of love and respect for him I just tend to go both ways. If we can joke or duel or mess around amongst ourselves then he should be able to take and do it as an adult too.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The church is the assembly of believers!! not the building itself. The term denominations dates back all the way 2 the Levitical priest's in the old.T it was only ment 2 be used 2 describe the different groups of hierarchy within the priesthood of the Levitical tribe and now modern day churches have taken it and run with it.

The church which is the assembly stems from the synagogue which means coming together and was introduced in the time of the excile when the jews were captured and taken to Babylon and in Babylon their were no temples for the jews 2 worship God along with priest's so they used synagogues instead and they used rabbi's instead of priest's.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Jesus is the son of God. He is excellent. I have alot of love and respect for him I just tend to go both ways. If we can joke or duel or mess around amongst ourselves then he should be able to take and do it as an adult too.
You seem to be implying something that does not fit. The Truth may not be precisely known by each of us, but joking or messing around about our lack of complete understanding should not come into it. Perhaps I have misunderstood what you meant.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Christians believe that every time the word "church" appears in Scripture, it refers to the same thing. This thinking has led to much error and confusion. The fact is, at least three can be distinguished in Scripture.

The first church we find in the Bible is "the church in the wilderness" (Act 7: 38). This was the Old Testament congregation of Israel. Some would object to calling Israel a church, but this is exactly what the Holy Spirit calls her. In fact, the Hebrew word for "congregation", found numerous times in the Old Testament, is equivalent to the Greek word for "church" (see Psalm 22:22 & Hebrews 2:12). Yet, the Old Testament Israelite church is not the church of today.

The next church we read of in Scripture is yet future. Christ spoke of it in Matthew 16:18 where Christ told Peter, "I will build my church; and the gates of hell (Gk. 'hades') shall not prevail against it." This church is still future, for it is begun with a resurrected people. The "gates of hades" is not a reference to Satan's forces, as many teach, but a reference to the entrance (and exit) of the place of the dead (cf. Isaiah 38:10 where "gates of the grave" is literally "the gates of sheol" - sheol being the Hebrew equivalent to the Greek hades).

The third church is the church of today. Paul calls it "the Church which is His body" (Ephesians 1:22, 23). His body is not a physical building located on earth. All true believers today are members of the church of His body, and it is the one true Church in this dispensation of grace. I am a member of this Church?

The church in the wilderness is the same concept as Christ's Church in The New Testament with time and covenant differences. The main difference was that The Father had not yet sent His Son to die on the cross and be raised from the dead, and thus seal The New Covenant, the Everlasting Covenant that was even prophesied of in The Old Testament Books, and was the Promise by Faith first given to Abraham. That Christ would come and suffer was shown in the Old Testament prophets (Psalms 22; Isaiah 53).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is contained in The Old Testament Books. It just was not understood until Jesus' first coming, death and resurrection.

Thus the Old Testament 'church' is the same... Church of God under Christ Jesus today, but under The New Covenant. The old covenant was done away. The proof of this is how The New Testament Books testify of the OT Patriarchs being part of the foundation of Christ's Church (Ephesians 2).

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
  1. The idea of sending people to hell.
  2. Falsely twisting or manipulating confusing or accusing to do so
  3. Making one a certain way to commit the sin to then judge them funny thing till it happens to you.
I apologize about this statement. I don't mock hell, God forbid. I just don't want to go to hell. It's a terrible place and it'd scare anybody.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You seem to be implying something that does not fit. The Truth may not be precisely known by each of us, but joking or messing around about our lack of complete understanding should not come into it. Perhaps I have misunderstood what you meant.
I don't joke about it.

Reactions: amadeus

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The church in the wilderness is the same concept as Christ's Church in The New Testament with time and covenant differences. The main difference was that The Father had not yet sent His Son to die on the cross and be raised from the dead, and thus seal The New Covenant, the Everlasting Covenant that was even prophesied of in The Old Testament Books, and was the Promise by Faith first given to Abraham. That Christ would come and suffer was shown in the Old Testament prophets (Psalms 22; Isaiah 53).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is contained in The Old Testament Books. It just was not understood until Jesus' first coming, death and resurrection.

Thus the Old Testament 'church' is the same... Church of God under Christ Jesus today, but under The New Covenant. The old covenant was done away. The proof of this is how The New Testament Books testify of the OT Patriarchs being part of the foundation of Christ's Church (Ephesians 2).
Yes the church in the wilderness was isreal in Jerusalem I think and it first existed as the tribe of Judah, or judaism and they got captured and exilex to Babylon, or Egypt, where the pharoah made them slaves in the book of Exodus. Moses lead these people and fought pharoah and led them out of captivity. God sent snakes down from heaven after sending water from a rock because they rebelled but the church is later known as what came to be the seventh day Adventist Church and there 12 churches spoken of in revelation. The Israelites rebelled against God because they didn't like it in the desert

Last edited: