THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

From my perspective there really aren't a lot of "lost, sinners, pagan, gentile" in this Forum. But I do see a LOT of "christians" (small "c") who may attend a denomination/church/fellowship/cult, and VERY FEW Christians (Capital "C").

So we should build up christians (small "c") into Christians (Capital "C"), so they won't hear the words: "Depart from me I knew you not."

We can't fix everything, but we should try,
Bobby Jo
This is where I have an issue within forums, when people come here claiming to be ' above ' others as judges with regards to where people stand with God, or where they are within their Christian lives.
Oh don't get me wrong we all jump to conclusions about people from posts, but the reality is that only God knows the full story behind the person posting. I do understand that in some cases you can truly tell certain things about people - but your post comes across as you sounding like an ' expert ' on the matter, and others who are like minded presume the same.
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... your post comes across as you sounding like an ' expert ' on the matter, and others who are like minded presume the same.
Rita

You're right. I DO express my views as "EXPERT", because Scripture and History are TRUE. It's those who contort, defy, and misrepresent Scripture and History that are NOT proficient in the TRUTH.

Take the simple sequence in Daniel Chapter 2 as an example. The "commentators" (and MANY of those who "post") present a FOUR World Empire scenario:

1. Gold, Babylon
2. Silver, Medo/Persia
3. Bronze, Greece
4.a. Iron, Rome
4.b. Clay, Revived Rome

But verse 41 says:
Dan. 2:41 And as you saw the feet and toes partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom ...

Furthermore, verse 45 says:
Dan. 2:45 ... the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold ... = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE

So if these "posters" can't get the most SIMPLE of Scriptural concepts, do you think they might use HISTORY to help them?

THREE Superpowers and the United Nations:
1. U.K./U.S.
2. Russia
3. China
4. United Nations

These all exist today as a "Divided KINGDOM", exactly as Scripture DEMANDS, but maybe I should be "polite" and not point out their ignorance/deceptions/dishonesty. :)

Ya think?
Bobby Jo

B

Butterfly

You misunderstood the point I was making, I was talking about you making out you were an expert on where others stood before God. Its obvious that you have really studied revelation, and in comparison to me , yes you are more of an expert. ( whether I will come to agree with your conclusions, well time will tell ! )
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and Bobby Jo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You're right. I DO express my views as "EXPERT", because Scripture and History are TRUE. It's those who contort, defy, and misrepresent Scripture and History that are NOT proficient in the TRUTH.

Take the simple sequence in Daniel Chapter 2 as an example. The "commentators" (and MANY of those who "post") present a FOUR World Empire scenario:

1. Gold, Babylon
2. Silver, Medo/Persia
3. Bronze, Greece
4.a. Iron, Rome
4.b. Clay, Revived Rome

But verse 41 says:
Dan. 2:41 And as you saw the feet and toes partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom ...

Furthermore, verse 45 says:
Dan. 2:45 ... the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold ... = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE

So if these "posters" can't get the most SIMPLE of Scriptural concepts, do you think they might use HISTORY to help them?

THREE Superpowers and the United Nations:
1. U.K./U.S.
2. Russia
3. China
4. United Nations

These all exist today as a "Divided KINGDOM", exactly as Scripture DEMANDS, but maybe I should be "polite" and not point out their ignorance/deceptions/dishonesty. :)

Ya think?
Bobby Jo
You are probably no more of an 'expert' than Butterfly or myself or many others on here.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Love to yourself and your neighbor? Isn't the ten commandments summed up love towards God and your neighbor?
No, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength' The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:30-32

Reactions: Nancy

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
No, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength' The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:30-32
Yeah if you'll notice I edited it just before you responded. Loving your neighbor includes sacrificing things to help your neighbor as you need to sacrifice things to love God.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I had to sacrifice being carnal for the Lord to become spiritual and win souls to God.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah if you'll notice I edited it just before you responded. Loving your neighbor includes sacrificing things to help your neighbor as you need to sacrifice things to love God.
The ten commandments are summed up in that verse.