THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are probably no more of an 'expert' than Butterfly or myself or many others on here.

John Walvoord, of Dallas Theological Seminary wrote the BEST book available on the Book of Daniel, titled "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation". And what makes this book stand out from all the others is that Walvoord cites the best scholars available for a comprehensive analysis from every perspective. Now, one would think that where Deuteronomy 18:22 requires that the words of prophet have an historical fulfillment to be TRUE, this is not the case for ANY of Daniel's prophecies. In fact, the scholars offer insights into the literal text, but they can't resolve the significance. And Walvoord has all this at his fingertips, but throws it way in his conclusions.

So a simple question should come from a simple text, as proposed in Post #51. -- Does Scripture and History support and defend a FOUR or a FIVE world empire scenario?

Apparently we all have the same "giftings" and you're as much as an expert as anyone, -- including Walvoord, Young, Kiel, Kliefoth, & Montgomery (among others) so what's your answer? FOUR or FIVE? :)

Bobby Jo

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Church

Many people interpreted the scriptures to have different meanings. This is why there are so many different church denominations and doctrines.

Is Christ divided? NO. Is the "SPIRITUAL CHURCH" divided? NO.

Is man's understanding divided? YES. Are church denominations, organized by men, divided? YES.

What is Religion? It is organized groups of people professing certain religious beliefs and having a hierarchy of leadership. The leadership determines their religious beliefs based upon their interpretation of their reference book writings (the Bible or similar book) and doctrine studies.

The Jewish religion consisted of ceremonies and rituals that people performed. The people had faith (trust) that by performing these ceremonies and rituals they were doing what God wanted them to do.

But there was/is a problem with this; ** ANYONE COULD (CAN) DO THEM **. They don't require a personal commitment of the heart. They don't require a repentant, humble heart. In fact, if you think about it, most all religions in the world teach ceremonies and rituals that people must perform in order to be right with God.

Jesus taught us that God is not pleased with ceremonies and rituals.
(Ps 40:6, Ps 51:16-17, Heb 10:5-6, Heb 10:10-12) God is pleased with a humble, repentant, trusting heart (like a child). Jesus taught us that He, Jesus, wants us to know that He is alive and sits at the right hand of God ready and wanting to hear our prayers (our conversation with Him in our hearts). We must come to Him in a spirit of humility, repentance, and faith (trust), in His love and His promises. He taught us that we must worship Him in the spirit (from the heart). He taught us that if we worship in the spirit He is faithful and will hear and keep us.

There are still those that teach ceremonies and rituals and there are still those that trust in them. However, people must have a personal relationship with Jesus so that, in the Day of Judgment, Jesus will not say depart from me, I never knew you. (John 10:14 "I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own, NKJ). He will say this if they trusted in what they thought they could do in ceremonies and rituals to save them instead of going to Jesus in a personal relationship so that He can know and save them. But there are those that think a person can trust in both God and in what they can do. The Jewish nation was carried off into captivity because of this idea.

What is a Christian? A person who is personally trusting that God loves him and sent his son, Jesus Christ, into the world to die on a cross for his sins. A person that trusts God to save and keep him just as Abraham did. (Read Romans 4:1-8) A Christian is a person that has been reborn (filled) with God's Spirit "by God."

CONTINUED

And what is more ritualistic than the Sunday morning meeting?

"Let's do something different."

"What for? We have been doing things this way for a 100 years so there is no need to change."

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I'm sick of this mental system. The Jews, the jews, the Jews. They're going to have a lot to learn to be in there. Whatever spirit got me to masterbate at age 12 was sick because is that a thing you do with a child? Making me do drugs in the modern time is okay kinda when your a teeb but you have to choose later on. By teen I mean about 18. You should quit it. I'm not going to hell for past sins and everything isn't rent based. If you do something know it's your fault. Quit m.

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
And what is more ritualistic than the Sunday morning meeting?

"Let's do something different."

"What for? We have been doing things this way for a 100 years so there is no need to change."
Because it's wrong.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
John Walvoord, of Dallas Theological Seminary wrote the BEST book available on the Book of Daniel, titled "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation". And what makes this book stand out from all the others is that Walvoord cites the best scholars available for a comprehensive analysis from every perspective. Now, one would think that where Deuteronomy 18:22 requires that the words of prophet have an historical fulfillment to be TRUE, this is not the case for ANY of Daniel's prophecies. In fact, the scholars offer insights into the literal text, but they can't resolve the significance. And Walvoord has all this at his fingertips, but throws it way in his conclusions.

So a simple question should come from a simple text, as proposed in Post #51. -- Does Scripture and History support and defend a FOUR or a FIVE world empire scenario?

Apparently we all have the same "giftings" and you're as much as an expert as anyone, -- including Walvoord, Young, Kiel, Kliefoth, & Montgomery (among others) so what's your answer? FOUR or FIVE? :)

Bobby Jo
Four.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I'm sick of this mental system. The Jews, the jews, the Jews. They're going to have a lot to learn to be in there. Whatever spirit got me to masterbate at age 12 was sick because is that a thing you do with a child? Making me do drugs in the modern time is okay kinda when your a teeb but you have to choose later on. You should quit it. I'm not going to hell for past sins and everything isn't rent based. If you do something know it's your fault. Quit m and screw the Pulitzer prize, quit judging as your directed not to do as you too have sins sworsethan mine.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

Bobby Jo
I'm tired of the trolls and manipulators liars and meddlers. If your world is really that good STAY in it. Leave me the HELL alone for a change. You know I'm liking GOD.

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Quit bearing false witness and making me in a way to act certain ways. Mischief? NO. That's discrimination

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
But you don't any more, right? We all have broken some of the ten commandments before we were saved but God doesn't count that against us now.
There's alot of things I won't do anymore. I'm more sane or at least older. I did embarrassing things as a kid and i regret it. Did I mention my nature was changed and I was like a boy at 20 god######!?

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I don't skip from being good to myselfalsely as they accuse me of. It's not blasphemy it's a balance. I love myself and God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All this Church defining and they can't even understand what Apostle Paul was teaching in Galatians 3 about the Faith of Abraham that was 430 years before the law!

Gal 3:6-7
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
KJV

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re-Post:

You are probably no more of an 'expert' than Butterfly or myself or many others on here.

Bobby Jo

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I was basically planned in the beginning. Anyway I earned heaven already. Nuff said.