The common denominator

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! READ: <<We can not fulfil the Law>> with nor without Christ.

Phl 4:13, I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

The Scriptures and GOD in the Scriptures declare there is NOT ONE with good in him,

Can you give chapter and verse? Clearly, the Bible tells us that Barnabas was a good man, full of the Holy Ghost and faith (this was after the Cross)...Acts of the Apostles 11:22-24.

Also, goodness is a fruit that we bear as Christians (Galatians 5:22-23).

And while there is no good in my flesh (Romans 7:18), clearly the Holy Ghost who dwells within me (2 Timothy 1:14) is good (Psalms 143:10).

So, in that sense, good dwells within us.

But of course, there is no good in any of us apart from the Holy Ghost.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confirmed Scripture resisted ALSO bears fruit!

Resisting scripture can only bear the bad kind of fruit.

For heavens' sake have it your way for yourself and leave me alone, <I choose> to be a sinner rather! ...holy samoosas!

Choose that if you so desire...just realize that there are very real consequences for such a decision.

Mat 13:41, The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42, And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Can you give chapter and verse? Clearly, the Bible tells us that Barnabas was a good man, full of the Holy Ghost and faith (this was after the Cross)...Acts of the Apostles 11:22-24.

Also, goodness is a fruit that we bear as Christians (Galatians 5:22-23).

And while there is no good in my flesh (Romans 7:18), clearly the Holy Ghost who dwells within me (2 Timothy 1:14) is good (Psalms 143:10).

So, in that sense, good dwells within us.

But of course, there is no good in any of us apart from the Holy Ghost.

Goodness to get sick of ...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when did you begin to take an un-Christian point of view, @GerhardEbersoehn?

If I remember correctly, your posts have not been un-Christian up to this point;

But now, all of a sudden, you are taking viewpoints that are un-Christian or even anti-Christian;

And, while I am concerned for you, I believe that my response to this is not going to be to continue to argue with you; while I am going to be praying for you that the Lord might open your eyes to the truth.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Since when did you begin to take an un-Christian point of view, @GerhardEbersoehn?

If I remember correctly, your posts have not been un-Christian up to this point;

But now, all of a sudden, you are taking viewpoints that are un-Christian or even anti-Christian;

And, while I am concerned for you, I believe that my response to this is not going to be to continue to argue with you; while I am going to be praying for you that the Lord might open your eyes to the truth.

You and I are indeed standing on the precipice of the GREAT DIVIDE between Christian and Christian -- the great divide between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism, the great divide between the Faith of Grace and humanism :: "THE BONDAGE OF THE WILL", what Luther said in said book of his, is the HINGE on which the door between hell and Salvation turns. You and I are indeed standing on the precipice, one this side, the other on that side.

YOU ARE BEGINNING TO SEE THE LIGHT!

You remind me of Professor Walter Veith. Mrs White got him stuck on the issue of human free will -- BLIND-struck!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Choose that if you so desire...just realize that there are very real consequences for such a decision.

Ever thought about its conditions? It is the choice of every human being ever born including YOU, my friend. We're brothers. You think, maybe pretend you don't make the same choice? ever thought there are very real consequences for such a decision AS YOU'RE NO SINNER?

WAKE UP dreamer!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he said "not only" a free will choice, but also demonic.

Much love!
I'm confused by his whole post.
Shame. You are born one.
Ok, then, if one is born a heretic, then there's nothing one can do about that. How is that just?
Biblically no one is born a heretic. We are born capable of great evil or great good depending on who we choose to follow, God or Satan.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<all things>> just like "all men" misapplied for WHAT?! For vainglory! You think Calvinists are on your free-willers' level of intelligence and achievement. We are not. Thank God.
Yeah, It thought I smelled Calvinism's confusion bringing influence. It's pretty easy to smell. It takes happy Christians, bathing in God's love and makes them question if he is loving at all so that they end up questioning whether they are even saved. Just say no and jump back into God's love and compassion for all.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ok, then, if one is born a heretic, then there's nothing one can do about that. How is that just?
Biblically no one is born a heretic. We are born capable of great evil or great good depending on who we choose to follow, God or Satan.

All are born heretics, rebels, haters of God. There's nothing one can do about that.

How is that just? All EARNED that. All are sinners by merit of birth.

Biblically no one is not born a heretic. We are born capable only of great evil and no good depending on being all children of the first man Adam who chose to follow that old snake the devil rather than God.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yeah, It thought I smelled Calvinism's confusion bringing influence. It's pretty easy to smell. It takes happy Christians, bathing in God's love and makes them question if he is loving at all so that they end up questioning whether they are even saved. Just say no and jump back into God's love and compassion for all.

You do not know what you're talking, except making it plain it's futile / hopeless to tell you anything. You have the condition called being predisposed.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All are born heretics, rebels, haters of God. There's nothing one can do about that.

How is that just? All EARNED that. All are sinners by merit of birth.

Biblically no one is not born a heretic. We are born capable only of great evil and no good depending on being all children of the first man Adam who chose to follow that old snake the devil rather than God.
You just contradicted yourself. Are we born heretics or not?

A baby earned hell? What?

Jesus said to become like a child, because they are innocent.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not know what you're talking, except making it plain it's futile / hopeless to tell you anything. You have the condition called being predisposed.
You don't have a clue what I know, Bud.

I know Calvinism clouds God's goodness and ultimately makes him the author of all evil.

Reactions: justbyfaith

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You just contradicted yourself. Are we born heretics or not?

A baby earned hell? What?

Jesus said to become like a child, because they are innocent.

<<Are we born heretics or not?>> You have seen what I say; yes we are; and worse, much worse. We are born lost sinners who already earned hell. Yes.

<<Jesus said to become like a child, because they are innocent.>> You see, you prove me right, you wrong. You see, you are proving yourself a born liar. Yes. Because Jesus never and nowhere said <<become like a child, because they are innocent.>> It is you who says <<because they are innocent>>, not Jesus.