The concept of existence and perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's kind of funny how unwise this is. This arguement is flawed because you use the bible as the basis rather than the spirit. You take a part and call it the whole. In doing this you create a false spirit, so you don't even have a part of the truth anymore

Didn’t know it was an argument but just considering what perfect is and how God’s definition of perfect differs from men’s. Been considering Ezra 7:19-20 for about two weeks and it has nothing to do with arguing with you. “The vessels also that are given thee for the service of the house of thy God, those deliver thou before the God of Jerusalem. [20] And whatsoever more shall be needful for the house of thy God, which thou shalt have occasion to bestow, bestow it out of the king's treasure house.”

been considering Martha and Mary and how Jesus said Mary tended to the part that was needful and wouldn’t be taken away from her. And the “bestow it (that which is needful) out of the Kings treasure house. With “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also”. considering grace bestowed on us that you may be called the children of God...and what treasure house of the King this great grace is bestowed.
Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

not sure your replies here follow after “let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth.” So no need responding. At least you admitted to arrogance but then justify it as worthy.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since there were almost 100 posts when I first saw this thread, I might have missed where perhaps some of you mentioned that you know the word "perfect" here never ever meant, "to be without flaws"….. but, that it meant to be "complete", lacking in no areas of our lives about having a reasonable grip on everything important that Jesus asked us to try to incorporate into our lives.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus
Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since there were almost 100 posts when I first saw this thread, I might have missed where perhaps some of you mentioned that you know the word "perfect" here never ever meant, "to be without flaws"….. but, that it meant to be "complete", lacking in no areas of our lives about having a reasonable grip on everything important that Jesus asked us to try to incorporate into our lives.
Nope, it means flawless, just on a different level of self

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn’t know it was an argument but just considering what perfect is and how God’s definition of perfect differs from men’s. Been considering Ezra 7:19-20 for about two weeks and it has nothing to do with arguing with you. “The vessels also that are given thee for the service of the house of thy God, those deliver thou before the God of Jerusalem. [20] And whatsoever more shall be needful for the house of thy God, which thou shalt have occasion to bestow, bestow it out of the king's treasure house.”

been considering Martha and Mary and how Jesus said Mary tended to the part that was needful and wouldn’t be taken away from her. And the “bestow it (that which is needful) out of the Kings treasure house. With “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also”. considering grace bestowed on us that you may be called the children of God...and what treasure house of the King this great grace is bestowed.
Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

not sure your replies here follow after “let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth.” So no need responding. At least you admitted to arrogance but then justify it as worthy.
Not even reading your arguement. I litterally just read the topic sentence. Anyways, you're the one who admitted to being arrogant. How? By using this false spirit you created as a replacement for the holy spirit. Very funny

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You condemn me for saying something like that, not whether it's right or wrong. Don't you see you're doing the same exact thing if you claim to speak truth? Truth by nature is the language of God, so if you speak it you speak his words rather than your own.
Nope, we are all trying to understand God's Word. All that I speak are merely my own interpretations and opinions. I can only hope that I got a fraction correct. I will never insult God in such a manner.

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, we are all trying to understand God's Word. All that I speak are merely my own interpretations and opinions. I can only hope that I got a fraction correct. I will never insult God in such a manner.
1st off, the word of God went up when Jesus went up. That title is alloted to him and only him. Secondly, your opinions are the opinions of a human. Something like that is garbage. Jesus never listened to anything but the word of God and God never listens to anything but his own voice. So are you going against them? You say no. Then don't call them wrong by affirming that listening to your voice is a fine thing. You may have said I can only hope to get it right, but you state that this is a fine behavior.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1st off, the word of God went up when Jesus went up. That title is alloted to him and only him. Secondly, your opinions are the opinions of a human. Something like that is garbage. Jesus never listened to anything but the word of God and God never listens to anything but his own voice. So are you going against them? You say no. Then don't call them wrong by affirming that listening to your voice is a fine thing. You may have said I can only hope to get it right, but you state that this is a fine behavior.
Receiving revelation and words of wisdom from God, required a great deal of faith and humility. These two characteristics are very rare in any community, let alone Christendom.

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Receiving revelation and words of wisdom from God, required a great deal of faith and humility. These two characteristics are very rare in any community, let alone Christendom.
The fact that you aren't screaming when you say that is just pathetic. You see that you are weak and shrug your shoulders. Similairly, God will shrug his shoulders at you when you ask him why

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not even reading your arguement. I litterally just read the topic sentence. Anyways, you're the one who admitted to being arrogant. How? By using this false spirit you created as a replacement for the holy spirit. Very funny

it is ok. No matter what I would have responded you would have found a problem. Wise to save yourself some time and go ahead a chalk it up to being beneath you.

Mar 30, 2020
Star
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is ok. No matter what I would have responded you would have found a problem. Wise to save yourself some time and go ahead a chalk it up to being beneath you.
Well I would have always found a problem since the number of problems was infinite. So what would you expect? Also, it wasn't me chalking it beneath me, it was the real spirit of God

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are speaking of perfection and remaining pure from sin. Walking as Jesus walked. So you are way off here. Just ask people who have been believers for 70 or 80 years and ask them if we grow into perfection or not.

Salvation is by grace through faith...not of works lest any man should boast. It is a gift of receiving the power from heaven to do the works of heaven.
You know Older Christians who claim to have reached perfection?