The Death of Jesus - Matthew 27:45-54

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True - a mix of quotes and man-made philosophy...just how your average Christian likes it!
I can be either an orthodox trinitarian or a biblical trinitarian needing none of the creeds to support the Trinity( God is Plural in Persons ) or Deity of Christ.

I can defend it from either platform. :)

Reactions: BeyondET

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can be either an orthodox trinitarian or a biblical trinitarian needing none of the creeds to support the Trinity( God is Plural in Persons ) or Deity of Christ.
I can debate if from either platform. :)
It all started in councils Christo! In the minds of crafty men who felt the need to define the godhead when it was already adequately defined - 1 Timothy 2:5
The Apostles all knew this.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It all started in councils Christo! In the minds of crafty men who felt the need to define the godhead when it was already adequately defined - 1 Timothy 2:5
The Apostles all knew this.
There are plenty of passages declaring His Deity and His humanity.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are plenty of passages declaring His Deity and His humanity.
So you say.
This is true of the resurrected Lord...Colossians 2:9 but of course we know Who gave him that fullness ;)

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For most discernible Christians they would see your response as an unwillingness to enter the Word of God (Psalms 119:130). To explain this in brutally honest terms, it means you dont have light in you because you are only wanting to believe in doctrine which reinforces your own misconceptions. Jesus entered many a discussion with believers like you and rarely, if ever, did they repent and learn from the Lord - notably Nicodemus was a rare example. However, what about those Christians who are afraid to have a go? Jesus engaged with believers like BeyondET as they are not afraid of being found in error, like Peter who was rebuked many times throughout the Lords ministry for getting it wrong! What of those who quietly pass by without a word...happy to continue in ignorance afraid to be challenged and even more afraid to give an answer of the hope which is in them? No, the pendulum has swung but well done to BeyondET for giving it a crack!
TBC...
Jesus was SINLESS. You either agree or you don't.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a totally false statement. Belief in the Trinity in no way denies that actual humanity and sufferings of Christ. Jesus of Nazareth was fully God and fully sinless Man while on earth, and while He suffered, and bled and died. It was the blood of God which paid for our redemption.
This forum has been invaded by JW's! It is indeed the Blood!

Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Crucified in weakness just as you are weak in him - its the weakness Enoch which you dare not to look at. Your eyes will be opened!
As if you would know. Just another presumptuous statement from you.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's the Blood of Jesus that saves us. No other way!
I didn't ask you what saves us - I asked if the body holds any meaning to you?

Try this...Ephesians 2:16: "And that he might reconcile both unto God in one BODY by the cross"

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's the Blood of Jesus that saves us. No other way!

So imagine you are sitting across the table with Jesus at the last supper - he goes to hand you the bread and you say "no thanks, I'm only interested in the wine".

Is that your position?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't ask you what saves us - I asked if the body holds any meaning to you?

Try this...Ephesians 2:16: "And that he might reconcile both unto God in one BODY by the cross"
Well yeah. It contained the Blood of Jesus, the ONLY way of salvation!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So imagine you are sitting across the table with Jesus at the last supper - he goes to hand you the bread and you say "no thanks, I'm only interested in the wine".

Is that your position?
See #97