The death penalty...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It says in the Bible so it’s God’s law.
So who are we going to listen to? Will it be, kill your enemy or don't resist an evil man?.....both are in the bible

If Jesus is God's final say on how God behaves, ie his attitude and action as stated in Hebrews 1, then we must conclude that when the prophets attributed the order of genocide to God, they were mistaken re God's character.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The natural man wants revenge....even a death penalty....that includes me
The spiritual man says, God is the righteous judge and his judgement is life for all men. It excludes mans revenge......that includes me
Well yes, I hear you loud and clear. "We" still want to see it which is natural when we or our loved ones are hurt by someone yet God says "Vengeance is mine" so, does He share that vengeance with us also?

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Better to kill them than wasting taxpayers dollars on them and the air they breath, prisons are too crowded, eliminate murderers, rapist and pedophiles that are a waste of human life and a threat to society.

Judge not, lest ye be judged. Condemn not, lest ye be condemned.

Best wishes, 2RM.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I thought you might say something like that. The thing is, our personalities and proclivities are part genetic, part our environment, part the exercise of our will. 'Til our societies do something to provide us all with a decent environment, it must bear part of the responsibility for crime. How are you going to put a society to death?

Best wishes, 2RM.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well yes, I hear you loud and clear. "We" still want to see it which is natural when we or our loved ones are hurt by someone yet God says "Vengeance is mine" so, does He share that vengeance with us also?
God's vengeance is to love. He never stops loving. This was demonstrated at Calvary. Jesus didn't die to prove a point anymore than a mother runs into a burning house to save her baby. She runs into that house because she loves her baby.

Reactions: 2ndRateMind