The death penalty...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because people only talk about the 6 million Jews.

Surely, though, all people matter, regardless of their skin colour or religion? The shocking thing about the Nazi treatment of the Jews, though, was not so much the number of deaths (though that is important), but the application of industrial methods designed to eradicate an entire race.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting.

Why does it matter to you that these people were white?
Why does it matter to you that these people were Christian?

Best wishes, 2RM.

cos they are glorified saints who intercede for us! Christian martyrs are powerful with God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read that the death toll for the Soviet Union during WW2 was around the twenty million mark. That is a big number, I agree, possibly enough to condemn the perpetrators in God's eyes to a considerable degree of suffering in the hell of their own making. But it is not over a hundred million, and I think we need to be as accurate and precise as we can be about those dark days.

Best wishes, 2RM.

it’s not possible to get an accurate number they streatch over have of Europe and most of Asia to Cuba etc. over a hundred years

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That doesn't mean you can guess at any number you want. And I thought we were discussing WW2, anyway.

Best wishes, 2RM.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why keep a murderer, rapist and pedophiles alive and feeding off the system, and wasting taxpayer’s money?

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why keep a murderer, rapist and pedophiles alive and feeding off the system, and wasting taxpayer’s money?

On the other hand, their extra punishment is to sweat in jail for years worrying about whether they'll be going to hell..:)
"Ungodly...These men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (2 Peter 2:12)

"Come on down"

rel-satan1.jpg

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I for one do not think a Christian should support this. Yeah, easy to say when it is not my family member who might have been raped and killed by said person but God DID say that we should not take , vengence...it is His alone.
I will probably get flack for my opinion, won't be the first time, nor the last. So, JMHO!
flack flack, flick flick.....awwww, Nancy, but isn't frying someone in the flames of hell for eternity worse than the death penalty?

My opinion is that death is a consequence of living on a planet bent outta shape. That said, I don't think its a good idea to hasten it even when some of the inhabitants insist on putting a jack hammer up my nose.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
flack flack, flick flick.....awwww, Nancy, but isn't frying someone in the flames of hell for eternity worse than the death penalty?

My opinion is that death is a consequence of living on a planet bent outta shape. That said, I don't think its a good idea to hasten it even when some of the inhabitants insist on putting a jack hammer up my nose.

"but isn't frying someone in the flames of hell for eternity worse than the death penalty?"

Well, yes of course it is worse but what does that have to do with the death penalty here on earth?

"My opinion is that death is a consequence of living on a planet bent outta shape." <---Agreed! Natural death...

"even when some of the inhabitants insist on putting a jack hammer up my nose." <---Ouch.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Life in jail should mean exactly that, a lifetime without parole or early release, that'd certainly act as a deterrent..:)
I got a 3-month sentence in Leicester prison in 2002 on a vigilante rap and was bored stiff most of the time, no radio, no TV, spasmodic newspapers..

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Life in jail should mean exactly that, a lifetime without parole or early release, that'd certainly act as a deterrent..:)
I got a 3-month sentence in Leicester prison in 2002 on a vigilante rap and was bored stiff most of the time, no radio, no TV, spasmodic newspapers..

I'm half inclined to agree. However, deterrence is only one reason to punish an individual for this or that crime. Among the others are vengeance, protection of the public, and rehabilitation. Believing, as I do, that the Christian God is a redemptive God, I put more emphasis on rehabilitation than most would. So I think it is our earthly duty to do whatever we can to bring a criminal to a state of grace. And you can't do that if you just kill them.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..But I think it is our earthly duty to do whatever we can to bring a criminal to a state of grace. And you can't do that if you just kill them..

If they won't help themselves there's little we can do.
The thief dying on the cross next to Jesus saved himself by feeling the full genuine pangs of repentance so Jesus told him "Today you'll be with me in paradise".

But when the murderous king in Hamlet tried to pray, it wasn't genuine repentance and he admitted to himself "My words fly up but my thoughts remain below"

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Indeed. However my experience is that as we get older, we get a little bit wiser. Provided they are literate, and have access to learning materials, there is no reason to give up on them.

Best wishes, 2RM.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"but isn't frying someone in the flames of hell for eternity worse than the death penalty?"

Well, yes of course it is worse but what does that have to do with the death penalty here on earth?

"My opinion is that death is a consequence of living on a planet bent outta shape." <---Agreed! Natural death...

"even when some of the inhabitants insist on putting a jack hammer up my nose." <---Ouch.
The natural man wants revenge....even a death penalty....that includes me
The spiritual man says, God is the righteous judge and his judgement is life for all men. It excludes mans revenge......that includes me

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm half inclined to agree. However, deterrence is only one reason to punish an individual for this or that crime. Among the others are vengeance, protection of the public, and rehabilitation. Believing, as I do, that the Christian God is a redemptive God, I put more emphasis on rehabilitation than most would. So I think it is our earthly duty to do whatever we can to bring a criminal to a state of grace. And you can't do that if you just kill them.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Better to kill them than wasting taxpayers dollars on them and the air they breath, prisons are too crowded, eliminate murderers, rapist and pedophiles that are a waste of human life and a threat to society.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The thief dying on the cross next to Jesus saved himself by feeling the full genuine pangs of repentance so Jesus told him "Today you'll be with me in paradise".

But when the murderous king in Hamlet tried to pray, it wasn't genuine repentance and he admitted to himself "My words fly up but my thoughts remain below"
The thief on the cross only wanted to be remembered, anything else was off his radar. He was there because his life was one of crime.
Consider the scene/context. A Jewish man hung on a cross was cursed. He knew he would be struck from the family memory never to be mentioned again. Although initially railing against Jesus with his mate (the guy on the other side of Jesus) he saw something compassionate in how Jesus related even from the cross and asked that at least he remember him. Jesus' overflowing mercy would have knocked his socks of by his reply; not only will I remember you, you will be with me in paradise. Here we have another window into the heart of God.

Reactions: 2ndRateMind

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Better to kill them than wasting taxpayers dollars on them and the air they breath, prisons are too crowded, eliminate murderers, rapist and pedophiles that are a waste of human life and a threat to society.
this JP is the spirit of the natural man......it is not from the heart of God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmmm. I think the planet would be pretty overcrowded by now, if we did not die.

Best wishes, 2RM.
I'm sure a solution to overcrowding would have been forthcoming but maybe it's too wild for a fallen race who think that putting a few (well, maybe a few more) satellites into space is nearing the pinnacle of human achievement