The deep danger of politicizing Christianity. It simply reveals our deep need for revival.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold, this is over-reactionary nonsense. I'm assuming posts like this are why you love teaching that all your sins are "covered in the blood" so you can justify accusing everyone who happens to disagree with you a little of "serving the Devil."

If you are a Bible teacher, explain to me what 2 Timothy 2:24-25 means.
Are you thinking we should live in fear of what may be coming?

I think we should be living in trust and confidence in our God. Why is it someone would rather see us afraid?

Much love!

@Gideons300

Reactions: WaterSong

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Behold ... my inbox shows that I have received an email from you.... Please note that I have no desire to hear from you... or communicate with you due to the fact that you do not know how to communicate with respect.... I have not and will not read your message to me.. because I do not wish to engage you....My post was simply to let you know that I TAKE responsibility for being the one that reported you to ADMIN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive witnessed the harm this person can do, on another forum.
"Worthy Christian Forum".
Go there, and talk to The Mods.....Find Debp........as she's a mod there for many years, and will confirm what im telling you.
So, what you perceive incorrectly as some random personal attack, is actually just the first wall im going to build between the real believers here and this person.
He flames forums, then fans the flames.
He lives on "christian" forums...= to post controversial or anger generation Threads, and then he just sits back and laughs at the FIGHTING.
Ive seen it for MONTHS on another Forum.
He mixes a little truth with a lot of error, and text-speaks in a epic faux- spiritually fake manner that just overwhelms the simple and the easily misled.
Watch and see...
And if he stops, it's because of ME.
Believe it.

Behold, no offense, but you are SO clueless, LoL. As if I don't know who Gideon is, nor aware of what goes on at Worthy. The reason you think people aren't aware of far more than you think they are is because you are too busy listening to yourself to even be paying attention to anyone else.
Ok, now to your verses.

And your 2nd Tim Verse, is a good one, but you have to understand something about the Word of God

Let me show you.

1. Scripture teaches, confirms, and verifies, other scriptures..

We compare Scripture with Scripture to get the CONTEXT......as without this, it all pretext, and confusion, and heresy.
Understand?

So, when you just arbitrarily try to create a pretext... a false idea, . using a single verse....then you have failed to understand why the bible has more then one verse in it.

A Teacher like me, has an ability to let you see inside the meaning....which is the Light.
This why i dont need to post 345 verses, per Thread.......as i can help you to see, the Light that is the meaning of the verses.
Sometimes i post a Verse, and that is the Thread, and i open it in the Thread.....
But normally, i teach the Light that is the verse's meaning.

So.....
Paul says a few things, including your verse... and they balance perfectly.....your verse, that you have yanked completely out of Context.

Now you asked me if i am a teacher.....well, 120+ Threads, speak for themselves.

Next, Paul says that we are to ......""""as much as we can, live peacefully with all people"""", including with the Born Again Brethren.
But, Just as Jesus was using a small whip of cords and running people out of the Temple in Jerusalem, there is time for unrelenting and hot, spotlight centered on a heretic.
This is always necessary when someone who will use a forum to harm believers, is in operation.
In that case, you dont play with it, you dont hold hands with it, and you dont abide it.. You dont run up to it with agape` love and try to make friends.
What you do is this..... Titus 3:10
Now go and study that verse, and learn something you need to KNOW.

Lastly....the same Paul who wrote 2nd Tim, also said in those epistles to "rebuke sharply", the believers.
This is one of the best ways, if not the best, that a skilled Teacher will stop heresy, dead, as well as help a confused Christian get back on the right spiritual track.

This is your exegesis of 2 Timothy 2:24-25? Behold, in the name of touting how important "context" is, you didn't address the context nor the verses in question, but proceeded to wander off into other books. Now focus, please. I want you to tell me the meaning of the verses, and the following words specifically:

δοῦλον δὲ κυρίου οὐ δεῖ μάχεσθαι, ἀλλὰ ἤπιον εἶναι πρὸς πάντας, διδακτικόν, ἀνεξίκακον, ἐν πραΰτητι παιδεύοντα τοὺς ἀντιδιατιθεμένους, μήποτε δώῃ αὐτοῖς ὁ θεὸς μετάνοιαν εἰς ἐπίγνωσιν ἀληθείας,
Truthfully......Ive noticed that people who respond like you, are worried about "touchy, feely, love", but could care less about bible doctrine ....there is a time for everything, and a means to deal with it. The Bible is not just a "lets all hug and get along", manuscript.

Again, Behold, if you were paying attention to anyone besides yourself, you would be fully aware of how many people I correct and in some cases spiritually discipline on this forum. But it is HOW it is to be done where you and I disagree, and it is that part of the discussion that you have run from like the plague in the past because you know very well it will implicate you in sin.

So define the words for me specifically and let's have this conversation finally.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i
Are you thinking we should live in fear of what may be coming?

I think we should be living in trust and confidence in our God. Why is it someone would rather see us afraid?

Much love!

@Gideons300
Of what is coming from man? Not at all. Look. If we are walking correctly, with our eyes firmly on the Lord, running our race as if there is but one prize, setting our affections on things above, walking in all the light we have with our behavior matching what we espouse as truth, of course we have nothing to fear.

As, but what if we are found quite content where we are spiritually, thinking we have need of nothing because we are forgiven, so why sweat it? What if we are found divided against other brothers or sisters in Christ, judging they cannot possibly be children of God because they disagree with us as to beliefs. Should we fear then? Absolutely.

God is so very patient with us but we must also be very aware that He will not be mocked. Nor will He be taken for granted with his grace used as a ready excuse for anywhere we fall short in walking totally submitted and pleasing to Him, especially when we have no desire to be changed or corrected by the whisperings of the Holy Spirit to hearts.

It was said in the book of Acts that when Ananias and Saphira lied to the Holy Ghost and dropped dead in the sight of all, great fear came upon all who believed. LOL, well, I would guess so. Can you imagine?

So, let us all be honest. If we knew this next Sunday service, that same move of the Spirit would be seen, how many of us would show up with no fear? Heck, how many of us would show up, period?? LOL.

My point is this. There are individual exceptions, but overall, the church is operating on life support, going through the motions, with little expectation that the coming Sunday will differ from the 10 previous ones. It does not bother us that sin still grips us. It does not bother us that we often knowingly and willfully do things that we know God disapproves.

All the signs point to the fact the return of our Savior coming soon and we are found content to be bickering and debating scripture, judging those harshly who disagree with our interpretation, having a form of godliness, but with our lives denying the power of it. We are the vineyard of the Lord, and it is almost harvest, and here we sit, almost devoid of fruits, with the world pretty much viewing us as religious hypocrites, fully expecting to hear "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." from the one who knows all of our inner thoughts and motives.

The world does not persecute us because our lives, or the way we interact with the world and with one another. Why? Plain and simple. Because our lives do not testify that their deeds are evil. Instead they scorn us because far too often, there is a huge disconnect between our beliefs and our what we display of Jesus to them.

Do we not get it? We are the only Bible they will read. We are pretty much blind to our God's great call to live our Christianity out in front of them so some may be saved. There are still multitudes in this capsizing world, who truly are hungry for light, and they WILL come to the light of life, Jesus Christ, but only if our beliefs are bringing forth fruits that testify to the presence of Jesus living there.

I do not fear what man may do. to me. But if we bite this poisoned apple of thinking we have nothing fear when our own hearts are not walking fully in the light, nor truly wanting to, yes, it is time to fear.

Godly fear is not a bad thing. It is a gift from God. I pray we get a good dose of it. It is our path back to pleasing the one who died for us.

blessings,

Gids

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As, but what if we are found quite content where we are spiritually, thinking we have need of nothing because we are forgiven, so why sweat it?
So you are talking about the unsaved? Deluded?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
especially when we have no desire to be changed or corrected by the whisperings of the Holy Spirit to hearts.
OK, this sounds like though you say "we", you mean the unbeliever. That makes more sense.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is this. There are individual exceptions, but overall, the church is operating on life support, going through the motions, with little expectation that the coming Sunday will differ from the 10 previous ones. It does not bother us that sin still grips us. It does not bother us that we often knowingly and willfully do things that we know God disapproves.
So to be very clear, there are all those billions of people who claim to be Christians, and then there are all those who are actually born again, born of the Spirit, born of God (all the same thing).

Who are the "US" that don't care about sin? The not born again, right?

Much love!

Reactions: GTW27

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! That is the longest yes or no answer in the history of avoiding having to actually answer. Do you feel answering directly might have consequences you may not like? I understand, and I hope you see that there is a better way to co-exist.

Look Behold, I know you do not like nor agree with what I am sharing. I get that. You have not been the first nor will you be the last. LOL. But even if we disagree, we are brothers in Christ and Jesus commands us to be patient and kind to one another. I want that interaction between us.

I understand you are not of the same mind as I so I purposely leave your posts alone, for the most that can come out it is further divide, and that in no way glorifies our savior.

I ask the same of you.

If, however, you do not feel our call to live in peace is applicable because I am not a Christian at all but a heretic, then you need.to be clear about that.

I pray you choose peace, dear brother, if per chance, at a future date, our God builds a bridge of fellowship between us.

blessings to you,

Gideon

Gideon, I honestly haven't foggiest idea of how Behold believes he's a "teacher." He thinks that because he posts 300 threads this qualifies him, while ignoring the actual Biblical criteria for being one (which he still refuses to address). You and I have disagreed on a few things in the past, particularly over the issue of fasting if I remember correctly. But you demonstrate being FAR more qualified as a teacher than your detractor here, by both your posts and your behavior.

Hopefully we have some time down the road for some good discussions, and wrong or right on everything you teach, I'm glad to have you around here. You post like you have both a good head and a good heart as well.

God bless,
Hidden

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't understand anything about this at all! What sense does that make?

?

Your question, like many of your questions, Marks, had me having to downshift three gears just to address you. Now you have the conversation going completely in reverse...

Please bother someone else.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, let us all be honest. If we knew this next Sunday service, that same move of the Spirit would be seen, how many of us would show up with no fear? Heck, how many of us would show up, period?? LOL.
Yes, this is really something to think about.

I'm reminded of the story of the man who buys a home and as he's moving in, his wife brings his dog, who, hearing his master's voice, bounds into the house. The dog had never been there, didn't know what was in there, but he heard his master's voice.

If we're thinking in terms of what may or may not happen to me based on what I think of my behavior, that's a mindset that is trying to fulfill the requirements of goodness so that we'll be OK with God.

That sort of thinking actually makes things worse for us, because law empowers sin, even if it's the law of the conscience. Trying to serve law will increase sin in your life. Trying to earn approval and acceptance from God will actually cause you to move away from Him.

It's good to have a sober view of life, and these sorts of things help us to do that. But the point isn't to make us afraid to go to church. Rather, to push us towards God Himself.

Ananias and Sapphira were looking for the approval of man. And pretty much like always, they figured they'd have to "buy" it. Give some money so they will think I'm OK.

God of course knows us from the inside out, and in Christ we are Already accepted by Him. And so instead of "running away from punishment" we run towards God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question, like many of your questions, Marks, had me having to downshift three gears just to address you. Now you have the conversation going completely in reverse...

Please bother someone else.
I was hoping if I reframed the thought you might understand better. Some people don't see well what they do towards others, but easily recognize it towards themself. I guess it didn't work that way.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was hoping if I reframed the thought you might understand better. Some people don't see well what they do towards others, but easily recognize it towards themself. I guess it didn't work that way.

Much love!

Marks, I have jumped on you rather aggressively in the past because you are thick-headed, and no that is not a deliberate insult; I am telling you why I have to do that sometimes, and Behold is even more so. This might be the one time when I actually agree with Behold, in fact. If soft correction doesn't work, then it requires that one get a little more forceful, does it not?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not fear what man may do. to me. But if we bite this poisoned apple of thinking we have nothing fear when our own hearts are not walking fully in the light, nor truly wanting to, yes, it is time to fear.

Godly fear is not a bad thing. It is a gift from God. I pray we get a good dose of it. It is our path back to pleasing the one who died for us.

blessings,

Gids
As a born again believer, what is it we should be afraid of exactly? The Lake of Fire? Afflictions to correct us? I'm interested in your thinking on this.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marks, I have jumped on you rather aggressively in the past because you are thick-headed, and no that is not a deliberate insult; I am telling you why I have to do that sometimes, and Behold is even more so. This might be the one time when I actually agree with Behold, in fact. If soft correction doesn't work, then it requires that one get a little more forceful, does it not?
And in the same breath you say this is not an insult.

It is your negative opinion of me broadcast on a public forum. Think about that for a moment.

Your negative opinion. What you have to do? Sure.

Let your moderation be known to all men.
The fruit of the Spirit is . . . gentleness . . . meekness . . . kindness . . .
Love believes all things, hopes all things . . .
I tell you now, even weeping . . .

How "forcefully" should you push your personal opinion of me? Are you "correcting" me by telling me and the world how "thick-headed" I am? Is this for real?

And for what do you "correct" me by telling people I have mental problems? Seriously! Because we have some disagreements over parts of the Bible? So instead just sharing your view and refuting mine, you feel the need to present your case that I'm 'defective'.

Now, you can say I'm overdramatizing your comments, what I'm doing, is showing them for what they are.

And if that makes me even more thick-headed, so be it.

It is good be zealous for a good thing.

And I say these things in the hope that you choose to leave all that behind. It's not for Christian brothers.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, to put this another way . . .

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Much love!