The Desecration of the Second Temple.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, ok. I don't agree. I think the 70 weeks are over. But that's ok.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could that be, as the six tenets which will happen after the 70th 'week', as per Daniel 9:24, are not fulfilled yet?
If I may interject here, your question was already scripturally and spiritually answered.
In Daniel 9:24, the angel is describing what was determined by God of what works of God needed to be accomplished. There is only one person that could finish those six works, and that was Jesus, in His first appearance.
Jesus Himself revealed that He finished them all in
John.17[4] I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John.19
[30] When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Now, if you'll notice in Daniel 9:24-27, the word "determined" is used three times, which implies judgment from God.

Edit: in the KJV, of course :)

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ Okay, having said that, I hope that you and all, are not assuming that those six works of God in Daniel 9:24, will only take place AFTER Jesus returns.

Because if you did assume that, then you should KNOW that it is the worst error that a professing Christian could make, which would be classifying ones own self as being a "Foolish Virgin".

Let's all read 1John.5[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Hopefully, you all that do believe and are Born Again of God's Holy Spirit, do also believe and trust the words of 1 John 5:13. If not, then you have a very serious dilemma to learn of in Romans 8:9.

Now, back to Daniel 9:24. Let's identify the six works of God.
[24] Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,
1. to finish the transgression, and
2. to make an end of sins, and
3. to make reconciliation for iniquity, and
4. to bring in everlasting righteousness, and
5. to seal up the vision and prophecy, and
6. to anoint the most Holy.

Which one, or all, did God the Father NOT finish through God the Son? Please notice Who was doing the work through Jesus!!
Even Jesus Himself told us who it was that was doing the works through Him.

Okay, concerning item #4. Through faith in Jesus, do YOU NOW HAVE God's Gift of His Eternal Life through His Son?
YES! You you do!! 1 John 5:13 says so.
So then, if you then have THAT, then you also HAVE His very own Everlasting Righteousness, aka God's Righteousness.
Now, for you to HAVE that, means that ALL six works of God HAVE BEEN FULFILLED......period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[24] Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,
1. to finish the transgression, and
2. to make an end of sins, and
3. to make reconciliation for iniquity, and
4. to bring in everlasting righteousness, and
5. to seal up the vision and prophecy, and
6. to anoint the most Holy.
Reality disagrees.
1/ Transgressions continue.
2/ Sinners keep on sinning.
3/ Jesus did reconcile for iniquity, but it didn't stop happening.
4/ Everlasting Righteousness only comes with the new heavens and earth, after the Millennium.
5/ Visions and Prophecy continue today.
6/ Jesus will be Anointed King of Kings and Lord of Lords, at His Return in glory.

Anyway, as I said; the 70th 'week' remains to happen. Revelation describes the second half of that 7 year period, in many scriptures.
The first half will be peaceful as the treaty holds. Daniel 9:27

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reality disagrees.
4/ Everlasting Righteousness only comes with the new heavens and earth, after the Millennium.
6/ Jesus will be Anointed King of Kings and Lord of Lords, at His Return in glory.

Anyway, as I said; the 70th 'week' remains to happen. Revelation describes the second half of that 7 year period, in many scriptures.

1. and 2. and 3. Jesus death made it possible for us to boldly approach the throne of grace. It has nothing to do with people actions in sinning, as they will continue to do so, but Jesus paid the price where if we ask for forgiveness, He shall make our sins white as snow.
4. The everlasting righteousness is what we will receive. Christ had to bring it into being. He did. It is done. Not temporary and needing to be redone, as animal sacrifices needed to be repeated.

5.The vision and prophecy are about the 70 weeks time element.
c0b18baec7082ce6468d756bc66842f4.jpg

6. Jesus is the Anointed One, add when He ascended into heaven, He began His work as high Priest in the Heavenly sanctuary. that is comprised of Holy and Most holy.
Paul speaks about Him as a High priest, and the Book of Revelation has some visuals of him in the Temple. One is where you see him among the candlesticks.

Reactions: APAK and Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reality disagrees.

I suppose that I could go head to head on each point with you, but it would proceed no further than where we stand now. But I can say this: For sin, God issued the sentence of death upon all people through Adam. Through Jesus, the second Adam, God granted forgiveness and Eternal Life to all, if they would repent towards God, through faith in the sacrifice for sin, by His Son.

So in essence, God has issued two judgments upon all people. One for eternal death, and one for Eternal Life.
1. Eternal Death through Adam.
2. Eternal Life through Jesus.
Ever since Jesus Ascended, and made available to all God's Holy Spirit, we who are "desolate" of the indwelling presence of God, must NOW appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ, in order to receive God's forgiveness and His free Gift of His Eternal Life. 1 John 5.13
John 3[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned:
but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Do you comprehend the magnitude of HOW one can remain to be a "bad sinner" (foolish virgin), as opposed to those who are made to be a
"good sinner" (wise virgin)?
It's all by His Grace, through the six wonderful works, that God "determined" to Daniel, and then "finished" what He determined through the first appearance of Jesus.

Reactions: APAK

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your rebuttals do not prove your points.
The 70th 'week' has not occurred yet, as the parallels in Daniel 9:27 and Revelation 13:5-8, prove.
Trying to squeeze it around the Crucifixion, is serious error.

The visions and all unfulfilled Prophecy will come to pass as Written. Why not?
Ever since Jesus Ascended, and made available to all God's Holy Spirit, we who are "desolate" of the indwelling presence of God, must NOW appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ, in order to receive God's forgiveness and His free Gift of His Eternal Life. 1 John 5.13
Which does not happen until after the Millennium. Revelation 20:11-15
It's all by His Grace, through the six wonderful works, that God "determined" to Daniel, and then "finished" what He determined through the first appearance of Jesus.
Fairly obvious to anyone that the work of God isn't yet 'finished'. We humans are still a work in progress and as things stand at present, not progressing very well, in fact regressing!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 70th 'week' has not occurred yet, as the parallels in Daniel 9:27 and Revelation 13:5-8, prove.

Fairly obvious to anyone that the work of God isn't yet 'finished'. We humans are still a work in progress and as things stand at present, not progressing very well, in fact regressing!
It's fairly obvious that you are being blind sided by the filter of your religious indoctrination.

In His first appearance, Jesus SAID that He finished the work that His Father gave Him to do.
John.17[4] I have glorified thee on the earth:
I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

That work was detailed in Daniel 9:24 as being those Six works that were "determined" by God.

The following scripture reveals the Eternal Christ acknowledging to His Father, that He was ready and willing to do that work:
Hebrews 10[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
[8] Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God.
He taketh away the first [Old covenant], that he may establish [confirm] the second [New covenant].

[10] By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Reactions: APAK

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. and 2. and 3. Jesus death made it possible for us to boldly approach the throne of grace. It has nothing to do with people actions in sinning, as they will continue to do so, but Jesus paid the price where if we ask for forgiveness, He shall make our sins white as snow.
4. The everlasting righteousness is what we will receive. Christ had to bring it into being. He did. It is done. Not temporary and needing to be redone, as animal sacrifices needed to be repeated.

c0b18baec7082ce6468d756bc66842f4.jpg

6. Jesus is the Anointed One, add when He ascended into heaven, He began His work as high Priest in the Heavenly sanctuary. that is comprised of Holy and Most holy.
Paul speaks about Him as a High priest, and the Book of Revelation has some visuals of him in the Temple. One is where you see him among the candlesticks.
I think that your illustration reveals the absolute truth about the "70 week prophecy", and most importantly when and HOW the "70th week" was
fulfilled.

It truly is sad to witness the subtle deception that has taken root in the visible churches (church-ianty).
But then again, Jesus did warn us of such false teachings that would be coming from their "pulpits" and the so called "christian books" of their indoctrinated writings.

Luke.21[8] And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying,
[that] I am Christ;
and the time draweth near:
go ye not therefore after them.

Reactions: APAK and Cassandra

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We still have need of a high Priest, which is what Christ is doing now. He will be until He comes back.

We don't need animal sacrifices, and for one to say that there needs to be an earthly mission to come back and teach Israel, would show that His first mission was a failure, or just partly done. That is not true at all. There is no reason to come back and teach anybody. We have the Word of God, and Another Comforter who Christ said He would send, and He did.

Has nothing to do with being a work in progress. Everything you need to experience salvation, has been done. The Lamb has been slain, the Word of God is with you, and the Holy Spirit has been given to guide you. You have to accept it. If we mess up, we have an Advocate, who will forgive us..
The time prophecy I posted is sound.

As for regressing, well, we all should know that from Matt 24. That doesn't mean the way to salvation has not been given to us.

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there is that Luciferian Jewish concept of a "wannabe millennium", but that has nothing to do with the biblical "one day/thousand year" principal of 2 Peter 3:8-9, about the Age of God's Grace and our repentance, which began at Pentecost.

Evidently, you have not correctly understood the parable about "the strong man", and just exactly who he is "bound" from.

Since you do do not relish the synergy of the KJV scriptures, but instead welcome all the trash from bibles produced from the Westcott & Hort Greek text, you may not, or ever, discover the spiritual depth of understanding, that is afforded through the following KJV scriptures.

Mat. 12:29
[29] Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Mark 3:27
[27] No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Luke 11:22-22
[21] When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
[22] But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

Edit: the dividing of Satan's spoils has been going on since the death and resurrection of Jesus, through Pentecost, upto today.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It truly is sad to witness the subtle deception that has taken root in the visible churches (church-ianty).
But then again, Jesus did warn us of such false teachings that would be coming from their "pulpits" and the so called "christian books" of their indoctrinated writings.
This is correct, but you point the finger the wrong way!
It is those preterists, AMill and who believe the Jewish State of Israel is still God's chosen people; who spread confusion and error.
Soon the Lord will take action and those who had chosen to believe unscriptural and fanciful ideas like the above and a 'rapture to heaven', will be very shocked and embarrassed.
1 Corinthians 3:12-15 tells about how we must pass thru fire, the fire of judgment of our works.
James 3:1 says that those who teach will be more severely Judged.

So we must be very careful with what we believe and teach:
Preterists ignore the historical record, most prophesies remain unfulfilled.
Those who teach AMill, directly oppose the prophecies in Revelation 20 and Hosea 6:2, +
Those who teach Satan is bound now; directly oppose 1 Peter 5:8-9
Those who promote a Jewish redemption refute the entire Christian message. And the 20+ OT prophesies that describe the demise of Judah.
Rapture to heaven believers are just naïve sci-fi addicts, clueless about what God really does want us to do.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Keraz,
Wow! It's good to see a Christian doing his own personal study on Daniel and the books of Maccabees. One does need to verify that the prophecies concerning the 2300 days, the 1290 days, and for them that wait and come to the 1335 days, have been fulfilled.

Through Antiochus Epiphanes came "the abomination that maketh desolate" of the sanctuary, and then through Israel's prince at that time, Judas Maccabeus, who "cleansed/restored the sanctuary".

I perceive that you were able to line up the timing as best that you could, but that you were not satisfied with your conclusion in the math.
I also came to the same situation. However, here is how it came to me to solve that issue, but with the KJV only. Any other modern day version, will send you off your mark.

In Maccabees, the 1290 days, plus the 45 days (1335), are to be examined within the 2300 days. From there I did the math, but in conjunction with the intricate words of time, that is mentioned concerning each situation.

There are the details of time that should not be over looked or taken for granted, when assembling the people, events, and the time of place with each player. Once you begin searching in that manner, you will see it come together for you. Mind you, I was very careful of commentaries, and resigned myself strictly to KJV Proverbs 3:5 anf John 16:13.

You truly will have an adventure in the Lord with His reward, of Finally knowing the truth about that study, as well as the 70 weeks.

May God Bless,
Earburner

Teh 1290, and 1335 days are concerned with teh last temple to be built in Jerusalem in the future and with teh nation of Israel. It will be for the cleansing of the temple.

The 1290 days in Daniel 12 are end times events as shown by the context.
Same with the 1335 days.

Though Antiochus did abominable things in the temple, He is not the abomination of desolation. Jesus did not speak of the past but the future!
It was not written in past tense but teh 2nd aorist active subjunctive which tells us it is something to happen that teh audience may or may not witness. But it will happen.

Reactions: Keraz

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is correct, but you point the finger the wrong way!
It is those preterists, AMill and who believe the Jewish State of Israel is still God's chosen people; who spread confusion and error.
Soon the Lord will take action and those who had chosen to believe unscriptural and fanciful ideas like the above and a 'rapture to heaven', will be very shocked and embarrassed.
1 Corinthians 3:12-15 tells about how we must pass thru fire, the fire of judgment of our works.

So we must be very careful with what we believe and teach:
Preterists ignore the historical record, most prophesies remain unfulfilled.
Those who teach AMill, directly oppose the prophecies in Revelation 20 and Hosea 6:2, +
Those who teach Satan is bound now; directly oppose 1 Peter 5:8-9
Those who promote a Jewish redemption refute the entire Christian message. And the 20+ OT prophesies that describe the demise of Judah.
Rapture to heaven believers are just naïve sci-fi addicts, clueless about what God really does want us to do.
Since you are throwing around the religious terms of church-ianty, I thought that I would give us something to look at in the simple graph below

Google Image Result for https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/89/Millennial_views.svg/380px-Millennial_views.svg.png

In it, I tend to lean more on the side of the Amillennial view, with a hybrid understanding. In other words, I am not in lock step with all of it's reasonings, since it's inception of understanding.

As a Born Again Christian, the Holy Spirit is my true and only guide through the scriptures. Therefore, I cannot be defined or confined strictly by religious terms.

In the above graph, where do you sit in the suggested format of belief systems?

Edit: in that graph, I am only referencing the top one, and not any of the others that come along with it.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This first Jewish revolt in Daniel 8 (2300 days) was between 167 BC and 160 BC, with the temple being desicrated around 164 BC when Antiochus Epiphanes IV died. Like the others, this is mid-week, just like the second Jewish revolt from 66 AD to 73 AD with the destruction of the temple in 70 AD in the midst of the week.

With these two as a pattern we can look forward to two more 3.5 year period back to back equaling 7 years after the fullness of the Gentiles comes in and then all Israel will be saved.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I would give us something to look at in the simple graph below
I looked at it and the first one of the top graphs, is pretty much my belief.
We are now in the Church age.
Soon to come is the great reset of our civilization, then all the prophesied things from Revelation 7 to 22
All generally in the order set out in Revelation.
second Jewish revolt from 66 AD to 73 AD
The revolting Jews were not finally removed from the holy Land, until 135 AD.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In our walk IN Christ, as long we each do live, all Born Again Christians do review their belief system continually, according to the Spirit, and never by what is acceptable to church-ianity and the doctrines of men.

As a result, by the Spirit leading and guiding us, we are always comparing spiritual things with that which is spiritual, in and of the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 2:13. By Him, we conclude what is acceptable doctrine for our belief system, and not what scholarly men in the pulpits may believe or say.
We have no qualms in rejecting/trashing an entire belief system of church-ianity, when a simple and truthful concept of the Lord is revealed, but is neglected and/or rejected by "religious" men and their institutions.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked at it and the first one of the top graphs, is pretty much my belief.
We are now in the Church age.
Soon to come is the great reset of our civilization, then all the prophesied things from Revelation 7 to 22
All generally in the order set out in Revelation.
Yes, we are in the church age, the Age of God's Grace through faith in Christ, unto all people, since Pentecost, aka the New covenant.

The beginning of that Age, is when Christ "confirmed" the New Covenant with many disciples for the first 3.5 years while in His mortal flesh, then He continued for 3.5 more years, through the Holy Spirit, thereby completing the prophetic 70th week.

We are NO LONGER in the Age of Transgression (Daniel 9:24), the Age of the Old covenant through Israel and it's Temple.
It will NEVER rise again in any capacity of authority with God or men.

Daniel was written for Israel, as Revelation was written for the church.
Christians need to stop blending the two together.
As long as they continue to do so, God sees their doctrines of belief as being a "harlot".

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Daniel was written for Israel, as Revelation was written for the church.
Christians need to stop blending the two together.
Now you oppose the teachings of Jesus:
John 10:16, John 17:20-23, Ephesians 2:11-18 and many others that say there is only ONE people of God.
The Bible was Written for everyone who loves the Lord and keeps the Commandments. Jew and Gentile.
all Born Again Christians do review their belief system continually,
Have you really done that? I do think you should.
For myself, there has been a few minor changes, but basically my eschatological beliefs remain the same as when I first started writing articles on the Prophetic Word, in 2011.
It will NEVER rise again in any capacity of authority with God or men.
Denial of a new Temple shows a sad lack of scriptural knowledge. Many prophesies tell us there will be a new Temple in Jerusalem, one that the Christian people will worship in, Isaiah 56:1-8, the Anti-Christ will desecrate, 2 Thess 2:4 and Jesus will return to and reign from. Zechariah 13:16-21