THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PETER AND PAUL ON THE RESURRECTION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is on David's throne ruling the nations. Jesus is God, what's the problem?
Paul says he must reign until he destroys the last enemy - death. This happens at the resurrection on the last day.
“For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.” (1 Corinthians 15:25–26) (KJV 1900)

But only the born again can see the kingdom, ever present since Jesus walked the earth.

Death is not vanquished until the white throne judgment. At that time is the second resurrection, which is the damned.

D

Dave L

Death is not vanquished until the white throne judgment. At that time is the second resurrection, which is the damned.
This is when Jesus delivers the kingdom up to the Father according to Paul = he is reigning now.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says he must reign until he destroys the last enemy - death. This happens at the resurrection on the last day.
“For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.” (1 Corinthians 15:25–26) (KJV 1900)

But only the born again can see the kingdom, ever present since Jesus walked the earth.

In the MK the whole world will see his earthly kingdom.

In eternity, only his saints will live in The New Jerusalem but it does not tell us if those in the lake and see from the lake.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is when Jesus delivers the kingdom up to the Father according to Paul = he is reigning now.

The saints are already in the new Jerusalem at the white throne judgment occurs. The current heavens and earth have just been destroyed.

You keep throwing out claims would never post verses to back you.

D

Dave L

In the MK the whole world will see his earthly kingdom.

In eternity, only his saints will live in The New Jerusalem but it does not tell us if those in the lake and see from the lake.
Jesus said his kingdom comes without observation. And you must be born again to see it = no physical kingdom.

“But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.” (Luke 11:20) (NIV)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It does not say David will be on the throne anywhere. But I agree with the rest of what you said.
Evidently you have not studied Ezekiel (and some of the other prophets in the OT).

And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.And I the LORD [CHRIST] will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it. (Ezek 34:23,24)

And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. (Ezek 37:24,25)

God had promised David an eternal throne, therefore the above prophecies will be a fulfillment: And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. (2 Sam 7:16)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said his kingdom comes without observation. And you must be born again to see it = no physical kingdom.

“But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.” (Luke 11:20) (NIV)

That's a spiritual kingdom and it says nothing about him sitting on the throne of David, which is a physical throne for a physical nation on a physical earth. And it will be a physical throne in the MK in a physical Israel.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evidently you have not studied Ezekiel (and some of the other prophets in the OT).

And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.And I the LORD [CHRIST] will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it. (Ezek 34:23,24)

And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. (Ezek 37:24,25)

God had promised David an eternal throne, therefore the above prophecies will be a fulfillment: And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. (2 Sam 7:16)

Fulfilled through his lineage, not by David himself.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better study. The world is currently under Satan.

Don't mix spiritual and earthly issues together.
Since you deny here that Christ has overcome the world (when He said)...I will not mix with you.

You have but a little time.

D

Dave L

That's a spiritual kingdom and it says nothing about him sitting on the throne of David, which is a physical throne for a physical nation on a physical earth. And it will be a physical throne in the MK in a physical Israel.
You agree with the Pharisees, not Jesus.

D

Dave L

More amillennial nonsense.

What about the apostles who taught what I'm saying? Were they contradicting Jesus?
Jesus is Amillennial so it certainly is not nonsense. If he believed as you do, produce one scripture from his teachings that proclaims a physical kingdom instead of spiritual. He taught against a physical kingdom and the Pharisees rejected him because of it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is Amillennial so it certainly is not nonsense. If he believed as you do, produce one scripture from his teachings that proclaims a physical kingdom instead of spiritual. He taught against a physical kingdom and the Pharisees rejected him because of it.

So you dodged. The apostles most assuredly taught a physical kingdom. As did some of the Old Testament prophets.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two statements are not in conflict, but simply address different aspects of the gospel.

You have also misquoted Peter (which I have highlighted in red). Peter did not say anything about a "coming earthly kingdom." You apparently assumed that is what he meant...and have added it.

Jesus spoke of the coming kingdom

And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand Matthew 3:2

Peter is one of the Apostles. The Apostles asked if the kingdom would be restored.

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? Acts 1:6

Peter spoke of the kingdom

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:11

The throne Peter spoke of is the throne of Christ's kingdom

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. Isaiah 9:7

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David's Throne = God's Throne

“Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.” 1 Kings 2:12 (KJV 1900)

“Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him.” 1 Chronicles 29:23 (KJV 1900)

Heaven's sakes. Dave, you throw more wrenches in things... The throne of earthly Jerusalem was both the throne of David and the throne of God, on earth. But God's throne in Heaven is NOT the throne of David. David's was purely an earthly throne. You don't think during his earthly life that David was running around telling everyone he was sitting on the throne of Heaven, do you?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus spoke of the coming kingdom

And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand Matthew 3:2

Peter is one of the Apostles. The Apostles asked if the kingdom would be restored.

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? Acts 1:6

Peter spoke of the kingdom

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:11

The throne Peter spoke of is the throne of Christ's kingdom

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. Isaiah 9:7
That is all true, but it is not a "coming earthly kingdom." It is the kingdom of heaven.

D

Dave L

Heaven's sakes. Dave, you throw more wrenches in things... The throne of earthly Jerusalem was both the throne of David and the throne of God, on earth. But God's throne in Heaven is NOT the throne of David. David's was purely an earthly throne. You don't think during his earthly life that David was running around telling everyone he was sitting on the throne of Heaven, do you?
You contradict Peter and Paul in this matter. Peter placed Jesus on David's throne at his resurrection. Paul says he must reign until our resurrection on the last day, when he delivers the kingdom UP, not down, to the Father in the New Heavens and earth.

“Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.” (Acts 2:30–31) (KJV 1900)

“Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.” (1 Corinthians 15:24–26) (KJV 1900)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.” (Acts 2:30–31) (KJV 1900)

This text does not contain the word "this" in the original. It simply says, "having foreseen, he spoke concerning the resurrection," referring back to what he mentions in Acts 2:27. Peter is not referencing Christ sitting on David's throne immediately after the resurrection. The reference is to not leaving His soul in Hades (not "Hell" by the way).
“Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.” (1 Corinthians 15:24–26) (KJV 1900)

Yes, Dave, after he has put down all rule and authority and power on earth. This is talking about after His return to the earth, when the throne of David again comes into play.