THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PETER AND PAUL ON THE RESURRECTION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

This text does not contain the word "this" in the original. It simply says, "having foreseen, he spoke concerning the resurrection," referring back to what he mentions in Acts 2:27. Peter is not referencing Christ sitting on David's throne immediately after the resurrection. The reference is to not leaving His soul in Hades (not "Hell" by the way).

Yes, Dave, after he has put down all rule and authority and power on earth. This is talking about after His return to the earth, when the throne of David again comes into play.
Is Jesus God? Then Jesus rules the universe from David's throne in heaven.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus God? Then Jesus rules the universe from David's throne in heaven.

:rolleyes: I just got through telling you David's throne is not in Heaven. Proof positive again that you are not even listening to the people you appear to be engaging in "conversations" with.

D

Dave L

:rolleyes: I just got through telling you David's throne is not in Heaven. Proof positive again that you are not even listening to the people you appear to be engaging in "conversations" with.
David's throne = God's throne. Scripture already provided.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did any NT figure other than the pharisees teach a physical kingdom?

Revelation 20:1-6 New International Version (NIV)
The Thousand Years
20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. Theya]">[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

D

Dave L

Revelation 20:1-6 New International Version (NIV)
The Thousand Years
20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. Theya]">[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
This depends on the NT definition of the kingdom as spiritual. Not the Pharisaic understanding OT being physical. Besides, try to find a physical kingdom in Jesus' teachings and you will only find he taught against physical kingdom ideas.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This depends on the NT definition of the kingdom as spiritual. Not the Pharisaic understanding OT being physical. Besides, try to find a physical kingdom in Jesus' teachings and you will only find he taught against physical kingdom ideas.

And again you are calling the apostles and the OT prophets liars when they talked about Christ's physical rule on the earth

D

Dave L

And again you are calling the apostles and the OT prophets liars when they talked about Christ's physical rule on the earth
Jesus specifically taught against the physical kingdom ideas of the Pharisees. Notice how Jesus describes the kingdom as spiritual only.

“And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

“Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

“because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

“He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus specifically taught against the physical kingdom ideas of the Pharisees. Notice how Jesus describes the kingdom as spiritual only.

“And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

“Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

“because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

“He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

You keep posting historical issues and trying to claim they address prophecy.

Plus you love that archaic English which often sounds like it is saying something it is not.

Amillennialism is not literal.

D

Dave L

You keep posting historical issues and trying to claim they address prophecy.

Plus you love that archaic English which often sounds like it is saying something it is not.

Amillennialism is not literal.
Jesus refutes the physical kingdom ideas clearly by the scripture I just posted.

D

Dave L

How can the kingdom be physical if you need to be born again to see it? Or if as Jesus says, it comes without observation? Or flesh and blood cannot inherit it?

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all true, but it is not a "coming earthly kingdom." It is the kingdom of heaven.

It is the Kingdom of heaven which comes down to the earth from heaven.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Revelation 21:2

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the Kingdom of heaven which comes down to the earth from heaven.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Revelation 21:2
Nonetheless, that "coming down from God" does not mean that it comes to stay, but rather that "where He is, there we might be also."

Here is not "there."