The difference in the Good Shepherd and the Hired Shepherd.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
The Good Shepherd who feeds the sheep for free and is not afraid to use the Rod to keep the sheep in line so that they don't wonder off on the paths of darkness where evil lies. He does not care if the sheep like it or not, it is for their own good! They can leave the flock and take their treasures with them for the Good Shepherd is not concerned with their wallets, but their souls prosperity. For they know that the Lord will provide their needs and He owns the whole earth and can give it to whom so ever He trains up to be a good steward over it.. with plenty for them to get their needs met for their God is not their money, but comes from the Favor of their God. A Good Shepherd will allow the sheep to give their last penny(poor widow's mite), all they have for they know this shows Great faith in their God to honor their generous, cheerful giving trusting that God sees their act of faith and will bless them for their Great faith IN HIM to provide, to make a way where there seems to be no way to pay all the bills, buy the food etc...! It is not your money that makes God move on your behalf.. it is your faith shown by your trusting in Him and not your last dollar.

The Hired Shepherd is one who passes the collection plate for the poor saints in Jerusalem according to 1Cor.16:1-3, before he serves the spiritual meal and keeps it all for his needs because he knows that that is all he is going to get for he really has no faith in God or he would know that God sees his deeds and unbelief and who his god is it is the LOVE of money. The hired always charges before he feeds the sheep because he does not care about the souls really and does not care if the poor hear the Word.. he works for MONEY not God.

There is nothing wrong with purchasing a teaching tape or cd at a reasonable price to have a copy to rehear for your spiritual growth, but the message must be free first to all who want to hear it.
I may not agree totally with Kenneth Copeland on everything they teach but for the most part I do believe them and their family to be the closets thing to a God fearing, Faith believing and speaking family and ministry. They know to put their WHOLE trust in God and they understand that it is a process, and a faith in Word building life style that build us up, not just smooth talk, but definitely Faith in God's Word of promise. The speak God's Word as if it is for us and stand on it till the thing they had faith for MANIFESTS. Which is the recipe for NOW faith not just in the future.

Heb 11:1-3
11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.KJV

They teach the Blessing of Abraham that Jesus came to bring to the Gentiles no longer just for the Jews as we have been brought into the commonwealth of Israel in Christ Jesus.
And then Jesus said (see if you can SEE this):
Luke 13:35-14:1
35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

Jesus is saying that he will return when the time comes that we say.... BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO TEACHES THE WORD OF GOD being birthed in the image of Christ.

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.. in the beginning was the Word ...... that is the name of the Lord!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good post,

Intersesting Jesus siaidJ "oh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine." ,", And what about Simon Peter,

Joh_21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Jesus said to him, feed My sheep, they dont belong to Peter nor any other man, and interesting Jesus didnt say to Peter " you are a shepherd go and feed your sheep".

As for the hirelings,

Joh_10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

I wonder how many wre willing to do such a thing, knowingly??

In all His Love

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
You made a good point, we are to worship no man as God and the greatest shall be the least. The Bible says that those in authority are ministers of God for our good and I do believe they are angels yet I do believe in heavenly angels for anyone who is a messenger for God is an angel. We are told not to worship angels, even 1/3rd of the stars of heaven that followed Satan (fallen angels)shall be thrown down to earth so my point is we are to remain faithful to our Head who is Christ and not a certain minister or person of fame which is idolatry.
I don't understand how the CC has adopted the fact that Peter is the Head of the church when Paul also was chosen by God to take the gospel to the Gentiles, kings and the CHILDREN OF ISRAEL(new Israel that is) Paul had never met Peter until 3 years later so if Peter was the head of the church, wouldn't it be necessary for Peter to have ordained Paul?? Which we know is not so.
Christ is the head and to feed the sheep is spiritual food which should be the most important meal of the day and brings us good success in life for it is backed by God and it is all HIS for He created it for His children.
Peter asked:
Luke 12:41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
KJV

Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
KJV

So THE WORD is our final authority, for we have a more sure Word in the scriptures that confirm the truth that we hear from the Spirit, for the Spirit will never oppose Word of God for they and the Father are One.

Matt 18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
KJV

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
KJV

And his name is.... The Word!

Blessings