The Doctrine of Purgatory in Catholic Biblical Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marriage is to be committed to Christ's full doctrine. I did have a post concerning the water jugs and what the Wedding feast represents but it was moved to "Unorthodox" I then removed it from there because what I write is scriptural and can not get any more orthodox then it gets. It is ruled by Christ.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then clearly you are not because grace would be recognized and we would not be having this discussion.
i know right its like a well to deep and over your head maybe praying to mary a little bit harder . will help you understand

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolutely NOTHING to do with my post.

You are just trolling.

I'm putting you on ignore.
Good idea. Much of what CP says is true, and I like what CP says about Mary, but flooding the thread with orthodox schismatic rantings gets tiresome.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good idea. Much of what CP says is true, and I like what CP says about Mary, but flooding the thread with orthodox schismatic rantings gets tiresome.
Sorry you feel that way . I'll bow out gracefully , this is your playground after all. God Bless and Peace to you in the name of Jesus Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t emphasize ANYTHING about Mary – until YOU decided to start denigrating and disrespecting her.

All I did was to present the Biblical facts about Mary – and her God-given title of Kecharitomene. I even gave you the definition of this title because you are obviously ignorant of it.

If you have a problem with Mary being exalted – take it up with God, since HE is the one who exalted her – not me . . .

Dream on...Stating the facts about Mary is not disrespecting Mary!

Mary was born in Sin, just like every other Human.
Mary was a Believing faithful Jew, like other Believing faithful Jews.
Mary was Chosen to do a Great service unto the Lord and the Spirit of God was upon her and the Lord was with her, just as the Spirit of God was upon other Believing Faithful Jews and the Lord with them.
Mary became indwelt with the Spirit of God on the day of Pentecost along with many other Believing faithful people.

Acts 1
[12] Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
[13] And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
[14] These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Acts 2
[2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
[3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
[4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost...

Luke 1
[28] And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

BOL ~ are you a woman?

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Ezra

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was Chosen to do a Great service unto the Lord and the Spirit of God was upon her and the Lord was with her, just as the Spirit of God was upon other Believing Faithful Jews and the Lord with them.
Mary became indwelt with the Spirit of God on the day of Pentecost along with many other Believing faithful people.
amen Biblical truth thus saith scriptures

Reactions: Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
duhhh any one saved is full of grace
But NOT everyone is Kecharitomene.
Only Mary was.

Acts 6:8 says that Stephen was "full of grace" but he wasn't Kecharitomene.
Learn the difference . . .

Reactions: Mungo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dream on...Stating the facts about Mary is not disrespecting Mary!

Acts 1
[12] Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
[13] And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
[14] These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Acts 2
[2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
[3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
[4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost...

Luke 1
[28] And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

BOL ~ are you a woman?

Glory to God,
Taken
Can you show me where the Bible says that Mary was born in sin??
I showed you where it says just the opposite - that she was Kecharitomene.
Chapter and verse, please . . .

Can you also show me where the Bible says that anybody else gave birth to God??
You seem to be under the false impression that her role in Christendom was "just like everybody else".
Chapter and verse, please . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But NOT everyone is Kecharitomene.
Only Mary was.

Not "EVERYONE" carried the Lord in their "WOMB".
"Did you" ?

Acts 6:8 says that Stephen was "full of grace" but he wasn't Kecharitomene.
Learn the difference . . .

ONLY Noah was told...BY GOD, to build an ark.

Gen 6:
[14] Make thee an ark of gopher wood;

ONLY Moses was told...BY GOD, to go to Pharaoh to request release of the Israelites.

Ex 3
[10] Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

ONLY Moses was told...BY GOD, to Divide the sea.

Ex 14:
[16] But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it...

ONLY Mary was told...BY an Angel (Gabriel) of God, she would be conceived (Pregnant) in Her Womb, bring forth the child from Her Womb, and the CHILD would be Called, The Son of God.

Luke 1
[26] And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God [/QUOTE] unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
[27] To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
[29] And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
[30] And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
[31] And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
[32] He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
[33] And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
[34] Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee
shall be called the Son of God.[/B]

Point is as you have been told and shown;
God chose One Human person that God favored, to do ONE Time service unto Him.

Where did God say...Mary shall be called the Mother of God?

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - @Taken thus saith - and YOU unfortunately agreeith . . .

Even when you are SHOWN the TRUTH in Scripture...you call people Wrong...and ride your pride of Tradition "As If" your Traditions supersede Gods TRUTH.

Appears you have not noticed...there is no crowd lining up to FOLLOW You.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even when you are SHOWN the TRUTH in Scripture...you call people Wrong...and ride your pride of Tradition "As If" your Traditions supersede Gods TRUTH.

Appears you have not noticed...there is no crowd lining up to FOLLOW You.

Glory to God,
Taken
YOUR perversions of Scripture are not the Word of God.
They're the word of Taken - and they are at odds with God's Sacred Word.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not "EVERYONE" carried the Lord in their "WOMB".
"Did you" ?

ONLY Noah was told...BY GOD, to build an ark.

Gen 6:
[14] Make thee an ark of gopher wood;

ONLY Moses was told...BY GOD, to go to Pharaoh to request release of the Israelites.

Ex 3
[10] Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

ONLY Moses was told...BY GOD, to Divide the sea.

Ex 14:
[16] But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it...

ONLY Mary was told...BY an Angel (Gabriel) of God, she would be conceived (Pregnant) in Her Womb, bring forth the child from Her Womb, and the CHILD would be Called, The Son of God.

Luke 1
[26] And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God \unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
[27] To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
[29] And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
[30] And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
[31] And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
[32] He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
[33] And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
[34] Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee
shall be called the Son of God.

Point is as you have been told and shown;
God chose One Human person that God favored, to do ONE Time service unto Him.

Where did God say...Mary shall be called the Mother of God?

Glory to God,
Taken
Noah built an ark made of wood to carry him and his family.
Moses built an Ark made of wood and gold to carry symbols of God's power.
Mary IS the Ark of the New Covenant (Rev. 11:19-12:1) that carried GOD Himself (Luke 1:43) - Christ, who IS the New Covenant.

ONE more time:
Jesus is God.
Mary is His mother.
Ergo, Mary is the Mother of God - unless you deny that Jesus is God . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOUR perversions of Scripture are not the Word of God.
They're the word of Taken - and they are at odds with God's Sacred Word.

it is you who speaks nearly verbatim from your Catholic books and give a REFERENCE to a Scripture that Does NOT claim what you have said.

I have given you precise QUOTES from Scripture, you can Believe THEM or NOT...

Your Belief, Your Words...Do NOT CHANGE Gods Word of Truth.

Do not get angry because people are Not choosing to Follow You or Acknowledge You as their "teacher". People IN Christ already Follow Him and have chosen Him to be their "Teacher"...regardless of How Endlessly and amusingly "YOU" YOU DICTATE YOU are the "educator".

LOL

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy