The Doctrine of Purgatory in Catholic Biblical Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo should we as Christians bow down toward Mecca or kiss the Quran ? Should we be bowing down to Buddhist and receiving anointing from pagans? I know Peter wasn't hung upside down for that, right? That is not why any of the apostles were martyred. It is for standing as an affront to all for Christianity ALONE!

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:11For no one can lay a foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, 13his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work.… your trying to build with combustible material.. your doctrine with mary is NOT BIBLE . you can not post one scripture backing up mary . if all catholics are like you no wonder they are like chickens running around with there heads cut off :eek::rolleyes:o_O if you can post scripture dont bother

NO ALL CATHOLICS ARE NOT LIKE ME. If they were we would all be on the same page.Clearly you haven't read anything I wrote. You know, you are nothing but an idol worshiper . An idol is anything or anyone put BEFORE God as a replacement for . That is what those who have the jezebel spirit do. They sacrifice God's doctrine =FOOD to their idols= false doctrines by their "doctrinal fathers". You put their poppycock BEFORE God and call it god. When all it does is dismantle the TRUE DOCTRINE OF GOD. With that spirit's false interps. of scripture and denial of LIFE in Christ you systematically destroy the doctrine for men. The unaware buy your happy horse poop like it is Word when all it is, is bondage ! You tell the simple come in here, 'stolen water is sweet, food eaten in secret -delicious. They do not know the dead are in there and your cords lead straight to hell. Then you think you are so high and mighty and try to dismantle the queens. You do not have the fortitude to do that. Even the parishioners of the queens need to learn to stop putting her men before God. simply commune for the sake of Christ as he bit the bullet and went to temple and did not do as they did but but as he knew for the sake of Truth. "Do not do as they do but do as they say" . that is in so much as does not reject the author of Life. the rabbis then did not preach other god's but did practice being full of themselves while professing God. That transcends to today. There are a lot of wind bags out there. Don't be like them . Fellowship and commune with and speak truth to power, until that power kicks you out FOR THE TRUTH but , don't be a cop out on truth.

All that is required of the queens is to get rid of FALSE beliefs which have been ajoined to the Foundational doctrine they do have. You don't even preserve that. You would be better off keeping what I share as food for thought and go fellowship and commune among the Catholics or other queens then reject the foundation all together. Those of the queens who are to come out of the harlot's doctrines will. Oh and news Flash the Harlot is not simply made up of Catholics, who are simply just perpetrating a fraud as Christian. The harlot of Rev. is more complex than that but yes those who go by Catholic will have the biggest number amongst the Harlot due to reach and size and the influence of its last 8 kings. The eighth was not even truly elected. ;) But has been counted among the 7 and is of the 6th in popularity but is the eighth and is going to destruction. If only men were about the Father's business.:oops:

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
e. You know, you are nothing but an idol worshiper .
really ? i worship a idol lol let me clue you in MARY is the covenant promise. sh was only a vessel to help bring in the promise. the true promise is in death burial resurrection i think you and bread of life are twins.. you both reply with insults...
Oh and news Flash the Harlot is not simply made up of Catholics, who are simply just perpetrating a fraud as Christian.
see i never mentioned anything about the great whore . i dont by your mary the queen junk

since you resort to insults Ignoreis the next best thing for you spiderman. hope you get your fire insurance fixed.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really ? i worship a idol lol let me clue you in MARY is the covenant promise. sh was only a vessel to help bring in the promise. the true promise is in death burial resurrection i think you and bread of life are twins.. you both reply with insults... see i never mentioned anything about the great whore . i dont by your mary the queen junk

since you resort to insults Ignoreis the next best thing for you spiderman. hope you get your fire insurance fixed.
Oh the wiles of satan. You do know there has to be some truth in his rhetoric in order for it to be received? It is called maligning the truth. Clearly she is a vessel, we all are. However, common is based upon purpose. Was she a vessel made for COMMON "just a vessel" use? I think not !

Romans 9:20
20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to Him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21Does not the potter have the right to make from the same lump of clay one vessel for special occasions and another for common use?…
Clearly you are for common use that is why you answer back to God. The common get cast to the fire.

She is not used for a COMMON thing. She conceived and gave Birth to the Most UNCOMMON Man EVER- The God Man. Put that in your hat!
So yes from the same lump of clay-Mankind, she is taken and was made for the MOST BEAUTIFUL , EXCEPTIONAL USE- the bringing forth of God (Emmanuel God with us). If you call her common then you imply her use was common . You say she was not exalted then you are saying her purpose was not to be the FLESH which would cloth -make the Christ- God Man.

She is a vessel for the MOST SPECIAL OCCASION, the uniting and reconciling of men to God. Shame on you! Very sad. But who am I to answer back to God if He has made you for common use to show the exceeding riches of glory in God! Be what you are. Some are for casting aside ,others for glory.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And PJPII was also an Ecumenicalist. I am not talking about simply reaching out to all Christian denominations either . He believed all religions lead to God and hold Truth , THAT IS NON CHRISTIAN RELIGIONS. Just because he is/was popular does not mean- RIGHT!

Absolutely NOTHING to do with my post.

You are just trolling.

I'm putting you on ignore.

Reactions: Giuliano

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Song of Solomon 1:4
The Bride Confesses Her Love
…4Take me away with you—let us hurry! May the king bring me to his chambers. We will rejoice and delight in you; we will praise your love more than wine. It is only right that they adore you.
All glory to you Almighty God! Let me always be an affront to those who doubt and question your Design. I will honor and esteem all the Elect . To esteem and honor them is glory to you who made them who they are ! All glory to your power ! I will esteem my family in you ALWAYS. Oh Blessed among women I too am highly favored that you have come to me . My association with you is to be in the company of the KING and His kings and all the queens under you. .All glory to the King of kings!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Song of Solomon 1:4
The Bride Confesses Her Love
…4Take me away with you—let us hurry! May the king bring me to his chambers. We will rejoice and delight in you; we will praise your love more than wine. It is only right that they adore you.
All glory to you Almighty God! Let me always be an affront to those who doubt and question your Design. I will honor and esteem all the Elect . To esteem and honor them is glory to you who made them who they are ! All glory to your power ! I will esteem my family in you ALWAYS. Oh Blessed among women I too am highly favored that you have come to me . My association with you is to be in the company of the KING and His kings and all the queens under you. .All glory to the King of kings!

Hi; @CovenantPromise Interesting; so do yo think the lyrics come directly from Song of Solomon 4? or indirectly, etc?

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely NOTHING to do with my post.

You are just trolling.

I'm putting you on ignore.
Oh come on Mungo lighten up. Try to show love to those who may not love your doctrine. How am I trolling? Is this a forum to discuss Christ? Or am I being proven right as to what this forum really is? Don't love as the politicians do , to love only those who love you (what you believe and preach). Guess what I love you. And I will always acknowledge what you write or post. I respectfully disagree with some things you believe. Instead of getting all huffy and puffy, have dialogue. You do not have to agree with me . But the educated stance is to hear people out. Let the readers decide what they believe. It is to extend the same rights God has given to us- To make choices. We have no right to subjugate. Truth is heard by those who know Him.

John 18:36-
37“Then You are a king!” Pilate said. “You say that I am a king,” Jesus answered. “For this reason I was born and have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to My voice.”

What is TRUTH?

Last edited:

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't think this is fully a Scripture quote...
Am I being tag teamed? YEEESSS. Anything I say is approved when it comes to glorifying Christ. Is it wrong to have fun? Are you saying scripture forbids rejoicing in TRUTH? Are we not to go out in joy? Perhaps you have not felt the ecstasy which comes with serving the Lord? It would seem when you "got nothing" you nit pick over joy? Was there something not supported by scripture that I said?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Am I being tag teamed? YEEESSS. Anything I say is approved when it comes to glorifying Christ. Is it wrong to have fun? Are you saying scripture forbids rejoicing in TRUTH? are we not to go out in joy? Perhaps you have not felt the ecstasy which with serving the Lord? It would seem when you "got nothing" you nit pick over joy? Was there something not supported by scripture that I said?
I guess I was just referring to the word concubines...

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She is a vessel for the MOST SPECIAL OCCASION, the uniting and reconciling of men to God
our reconciliation comes from Christ alone see they sang praises the night jesus was born simeon praised the Lord he had seen the salvation . no body praised mary .once again your theology is carnal and false wood hay stubble crispy crittered burnt toast . will not stand the fire

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I was just referring to the word concubines...
Really, then read the Song of Solomon and see it from a spiritual perspective, May God Grant that! It has to do with positions of servitude. Since all scripture is God breathed the Song of Songs is God's Song. If you are carnal you will not see the deep metaphoric language of it and think I speak in a carnal sense when applying it to Christ's approach to the assemblies and what they appear as (IN RANKING) before Him. And what their purpose is before Him. The Song of Songs is the highest and deepest expression of love . It's symbolic. The imagery of love an affection is to be turned right side in . It is God's highest affection and revelation of love for His Elect. Obviously you too, have not been reading my post. Concubines are assemblies which have no Rites. And they do not bring forth first fruits= those of the first resurrection, but rather, second fruits = the second resurrection.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
our reconciliation comes from Christ alone see they sang praises the night jesus was born simeon praised the Lord he had seen the salvation . no body praised mary .once again your theology is carnal and false wood hay stubble crispy crittered burnt toast . will not stand the fire
Oh Boya! The hounds of hell sure are running amuck! What took place for Her and in her is reconciliation. She is the first of the NC to be reconciled . But it is from God, to her, from her that we have been introduced to Christ. She is the Immaculate Conception because First: She is born of Christ before all were. Is He the life giving Spirit , yes or no? Does all birth begin with a seed? Even spiritual birth has a conception. Did she receive the Holy Seed - the Word? Would that be a soiled conception or Immaculate? Did others have a Virgin Conception? Did the enmity come between her and satan fulfilling Genesis 3:15? If there is enmity (The Holy Spirit) between her and satan can that possibly mean partial ? ABSOLUTELY NOT! For a house divide can not stand! She was made immaculate at her yes to God's Word. This has nothing to do with convincing you but you simply rejecting truth.

Do and believe what you want. Let God contend with you!
Jude 1:8-9
8Yet in the same way, these dreamers defile their bodies, reject authority, and slander glorious beings. 9But even the archangel Michael, when he disputed with the devil over the body of Moses, did not presume to bring a slanderous judgment against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”…

Christ will address all who would slander His glorious Elect Mother.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The facts are Mary Believed, Mary was highly favoured, Mary was willing to serve the Lord in the manner the angel conveyed...AND the Lord was WITH her and the Spirit of the Lord Came UPON her.

You say she was completely, perfectly endowed with grace....
So?
You say Kecharitomene is a Title given Mary...
So?

It is NOT a BIG SECRET, it was a ONE TiME spectacular and miraculous event for the Lord to come forth OUT from God IN HeAVEN and enter Mary's Womb and then come forth OUT (in the FLESH) from a Human womans WOMB.

It is NOT a BIG SECRET, people in the OT believed, and were Willing to serve the Lord according to the manner He desired, the Lord was WITH them and the Spirit of Lord was UPON Them.

It is NOT a BIG SECRET, Jesus FORETOLD of the 'INDWELLING" Holy Spirit that WOULD come "AFTER" He departed "this world" and "returned to Heaven".

AFTER Jesus 'ASCENDED' Back UP to "Heaven", a Large gathering took place In Jerusalem, ON The Day of Pentecost...the Disciples, Mary, other believers all gathered TOGETHER Received the "INDWELLING" Holy Spirit, just as Jesus had foretold.

While you emphasize Mary being "perfectly endowed with Grace"....Jesus emphasized a persons "Conversion" and Receiving of the Indwelling of Holy Spirit...as to that WHICH is the Paramount Act of God, for a person to become made WHOLE, Free from Sin, and Forever Alive IN Christ....

And much as you TRY to make that apply to Mary, BEFORE Jesus' Ascension...THAT IS NOT WHAT SCRIPTURE TEACHES.

Acts 1
Acts 2

Glory to God,
Taken
I didn’t emphasize ANYTHING about Mary – until YOU decided to start denigrating and disrespecting her.

All I did was to present the Biblical facts about Mary – and her God-given title of Kecharitomene. I even gave you the definition of this title because you are obviously ignorant of it.

If you have a problem with Mary being exalted – take it up with God, since HE is the one who exalted her – not me . . .

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CovenantPromise So how did you mean, about concubines in positions of servitude? (Wondering specifically....?)
I already told you they are not queens. Therefore , they do not have Rites I am sure you know what those are. They do spread Christ's name , they do bring people to Him but they do not produce first fruits- those of the first resurrection. They tend to not have any esteem of His mother and do not have celebration of the Lord's Supper in the manner of believing in the power of it. They do not produce first fruits but do produce believers with a limited understanding of the gospel.

You can recognize the queens . They are adorned with robes , and scepters and all that jazz. They are long standing and have direct grafting in by apostles. They have not been brought the faith by other means. Their beginnings are as a direct result of apostles.

Those which come after them and due to their influence and what they have provided results in concubine denominations. They tend to not possess all the Rites and pageantry , you know all the formalities and customs.
They are a bit more loose in their doctrines . They do give praise to Christ but do not have deep knowledge of Him due to their loose doctrines. They do have stakes in His name. Many have come to know of Christ through them but because of their loose doctrines, will never be a first fruit. There is power in His name and as long as their hearts are sincere , based on what they know , they go to heaven.For God is the judge of hearts. They are usually silver in doctrine never more and can have a lot of dross. If they simply praise Christ and have never dogged His mother they are fine. And there are many who have not. It is kind of like , if you cannot say anything nice then don't say anything at all. You will not be convicted if you never said anything bad. God knows who they are .

The queens well that is a different ball of wax. Sometimes , position and age can make them lax, stagnate and /or have a wandering eye and embrace worldly kings . Sometimes power and position can be intoxicating. That is what has happen to many of the queens. They have become full of themselves. Also, they are selfish and ambitious , especially the RCC. So much so, that she has persecuted other queens and has absorbed them into herself . This to bring them under control of her heads, because it is clear they already honor Christ and have had their own shepherds but that is not acceptable. Throughout history that queen has sought to MAKE HERSELF the ONLY QUEEN. Read the history. The queens throw a lot of shade at each other and each want's to be the queen bee. So, no one mindedness will be had . Each rejects a truth from the other. CRAZY! So Christ saved the best wine for the end of time =what the meaning of the best wine saved for the End of the Wedding Feast in Canaan is about.
The Shulammite will produce only first fruits of Jews and all of those who have gotten tired of the queens pomp and the concubines undisciplined, loose behavior/doctrines.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t emphasize ANYTHING about Mary – until YOU decided to start denigrating and disrespecting her.

All I did was to present the Biblical facts about Mary – and her God-given title of Kecharitomene. I even gave you the definition of this title because you are obviously ignorant of it.

If you have a problem with Mary being exalted – take it up with God, since HE is the one who exalted her – not me . . .
She is Full of Grace.