The Elect

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I simply give the Gospel. But the doctrine of the elect is a true doctrine.

Never said it wasn't a true doctrine but we disagree on what the doctrine is and I am not here to convince you specifically. There is no joy to be found in debating with a Calvinist.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Philippians 2:12
"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."

I go back to the " Many are called , but few are chosen."

Roman 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose"
Many sign up for the Olympics, few qualify and are elected.

All through Pauls writings he shows that there is a qualifying at stake.
He himself..."ran that he may obtain..."

I see a difference between the 'called' and the 'elect'.
Our salvation as we know, is sure...our calling and election...has yet to be assured.

2 Pet 1:10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make 'your' calling and election sure.."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "chosen" is "eklektos" in the Greek and we derive "election" from it.

The elect is just a title for the church of Jesus Christ, a pre-determined act of God way before Adam sinned and the Cross was always necessary and we are all chosen through Christ's blood.

You didn't answer my question. Where does it say all are the elect?

See your post #33. You asked for more verses saying you are sanctified before you believe. Which I told you, I already gave you (2 Thess. 2:13) and you don't believe that. Now in post #39 you deny you asked. So, what is the problem?

Concerning your post #40, the Scriptures prove you wrong, not me. With the parable of the sower, we are not left to our own interpretation. Christ gave it for us. And you butchered it. See (Matt. 13:18-23). Note especially vs (19). The fowl are not the lost. The fowl is the wicked one.

So, I am not interested in your interpretation fully. Because I see you abuse the interpretation with your 'snippet'.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never said it wasn't a true doctrine but we disagree on what the doctrine is and I am not here to convince you specifically. There is no joy to be found in debating with a Calvinist.

When you say all are the elect, then there is no elect. There is no doctrine of the elect.

Well you shouldn't be concerned with 'joy' as much as supporting your position.

Stranger

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The elect are those who keep the commandments and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev. 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Genesis 3:20 And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

The Elect: the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
the mother of all living in Gen. 3:20 foreshadows the woman in Rev. 12:17.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The elect are those who keep the commandments and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev. 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Genesis 3:20 And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

The Elect: the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
the mother of all living in Gen. 3:20 foreshadows the woman in Rev. 12:17.

Of course, all who believe are elect. But why are they elect? and when did they constitute or become the body of the elect?

Stranger