The eternal gospel (everlasting gospel)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At my first reading I just wanted to know more about Jesus and because I loved to hear what Jesus said and did from the gospel readings at Catholic masses. I sincerely wanted to be like Him, but didn't know how to be anything but me. I wasn't even conscious of my sin. So I read, understanding some, seeing Jesus in the psalms, wonderfully in Isaiah, but not clearly or even dimly in many of the books. I loved reading through the actual gospels, but Paul confused me. While still in the gospels I started applying the word hypocrite to the nuns and priests of our parish, and mom promptly took away that copy of the King James version that I was reading through ( and it was taking a number of years). I was very upset by this and pop came to the rescue, privately handing me his pocket copy of the New Testament and psalms that he'd gotten from a chaplain during WW II. I was consequently able to finish my first reading with the same version, but abridged. My second reading was with a Gideon's bible and I was shocked to find LORD replaced by Jehovah and other striking differences to me, and I don't recall if I even finished reading the whole bible. As yet I hadn't known that there were different translations nor did I know that the different books were written at different times. I thought that there was just one author, God.
Quite a few years later my cousin Tony showed me a paperback copy of the Jerusalem Bible which had even more books in it. It was being used in a college class examining scripture as literature (I think) and since it was a modern translation without a lot of archaic language, I purchased a copy and it had notes about various rabbinical ages and made claims attributing authorship to Elohists, and Yahwists, and just about anyone other than Moses for the books of the law. I remember reading one verse in the apocrypha that made my hand spasm so I literally tore the page (I believe it was about Solomon whom I admired for his wisdom and wealth). I continued to read sporadically from that same version for many years, but purchased an inexpensive King James Version to bring with me to work, so I could read when I had time and discuss with a coworker named Jerome, who was definitely born again and gave me satisfactory answers to all my questions and eventually prayed with me to receive Christ. I can't remember the date, but I'll never forget the day and I'll always be grateful to Jerome for his faithfulness. He confessed later that often when I questioned him, he hadn't known the answers beforehand, but they came to him in the moment and we were both blessed by the conversations. He'd been raised as a Jehovah's witness, but searched and dabbled with cults and the occult before hearing the gospel and believing it. In that we had similar experiences and had more than a few laughs over the foolishness of our early days.
I've really wandered off into testimony and reminiscence, but after I received the Lord by faith, I went back to reading from cover to cover for three years, just looking for Jesus in the Old testament and refreshing my mind in grace in the new. Jesus rebuked the scribes and pharisees saying that they thought that they would find eternal life in the scriptures, but that the scriptures testified of Him (and they didn't have the rest of the book yet).
It was wonderful reading passages and seeing Jesus in them for the first time, and the Lord kept showing me more and more. I also listened to Christian radio on a local station and learned to discern sound from unsound doctrine, but bought into at least one contrived doctrine because the teachers were good scholars and usually didn't raise any red flags in my mind.
I don't understand everything and probably wouldn't bother reading scripture anymore if I did, but what a joy it is to be taught by God and have fellowship in His word.
I do find greater joy in doing His works and that is solid food indeed, but life took a bad turn when my wife took offense at my life and turned to others for company and comfort. It had to be, because the Lord let Satan test the testimony of my baptism and though painful, He remains as promised and I love Him all the more.
Hello @michaelvpardo,

Thank you so much for sharing your testimony with me. What comes across is the greatness and wonder of the Love and grace of God, and the sureness of His Word to us. How blessed we have both been to have been given the grace to believe, and the joy of knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Lord. How great is our God! How wonderful His ways! How sure His promises! How mighty the power that He has towards us who believe: like unto the power by which He raised His only begotten Son from the dead, and seated Him at His own right hand in the heavenlies; and we 'in Him'.

May His Name be praised!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @michaelvpardo,

Thank you so much for sharing your testimony with me. What comes across is the greatness and wonder of the Love and grace of God, and the sureness of His Word to us. How blessed we have both been to have been given the grace to believe, and the joy of knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Lord. How great is our God! How wonderful His ways! How sure His promises! How mighty the power that He has towards us who believe: like unto the power by which He raised His only begotten Son from the dead, and seated Him at His own right hand in the heavenlies; and we 'in Him'.

May His Name be praised!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
I thought it was good to call Jesus my Master and friend, but Lord and older brother, that was unimaginable once. What an incomprehensible thing! Glory to the Lord, our Savior Jesus Christ, Glory to our risen Savior, Glory to the Father through the Son, Glory to His Spirit who keeps us for the day and forevermore. Praise His name in the heights! Praise His name in the depths! Praise Him all creation for He is coming on the clouds! Soon and very soon, we are going to see the King. Hallelujah and Amen.

Reactions: charity and marks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been referring to the eternal gospel in my posts, but that's a misnomer in regard to scripture, which calls it the "everlasting gospel", given that it is understood and proclaimed at the end of this age and the beginning of the millennial reign of Christ. It's been true from the foundation of the world, but not proclaimed for what I would think obvious reasons.
6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— 7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.” Revelation 14:6-7
We already have the gospel of Jesus Christ, the good news of salvation, the rock upon which Jesus chose to build His church (the good confession). In Christ, God has initiated and completed the new covenant of peace with God and the redemption in His blood. Its finished, written in eternity.
So why another "everlasting gospel" pronounced at the beginning of "the hour of judgment " and to "every nation, tribe, tongue, and people"?
It would seem a bit redundant if it weren't meant for the remnant of the nations and the remnant of Jacob, those brought through the judgment.
Again, we ask ourselves "why", but the answer is obvious. How can a gospel of faith in the person of Jesus even be relevant after Jesus has been seen by every eye at His second coming? It's not faith to believe what you've seen to be true.
So why have I called it "eternal"?
For one, although the New covenant was established in a moment of time and through the precious blood of our savior Jesus Christ, it was predetermined by God. We know this from Revelation 13:8, in context about "the beast", but revealing God's plan from the beginning:
It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Revelation 13:7-8
Since the everlasting gospel is meaningless without the New Covenant, the propitiation of sin, and the redemption in His blood, it was founded in Him from eternity as well, but proclaimed for the millennium. Since it's given in His word and through the body of Christ, and since all redemption is through Jesus Christ and the atonement in His blood, and since all is accomplished through Christ, then it seems that we were meant to understand it before His return. Chapter 13 of the Revelation of Jesus Christ doesn't give us much to go on, regarding understanding, so short of direct revelation by His Spirit, we should be able to find all the essential elements of the everlasting gospel in scripture (it wouldn't be very believable in heaven or on Earth if the scriptures didn't confirm the coming proclamation.)
So, where do we start?
So what are the first words out of the angel's mouth?
"Fear God."
Most who have read the scriptures should recall that "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" and that's a foundation demonstrated in Genesis immediately after the fall of man through Adam's transgression.

"So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.
And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?
So he said, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself.”

Genesis 3:6-10
Now, at this point in scripture the Lord asks Adam and his "wife" directly if he disobeyed His commandment, and they both confess, Eve to being deceived, Adam to transgression.
11 And He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?”
12 Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”
13 And the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
Genesis 3:11-13
This is the first conviction by God of sin and the first confession by the transgressor and the decieved.
God then pronounced the curses upon the serpent first, Eve second, and mankind through Adam, as well as the ground from which he was created, earth. However, God does not take Adam and Eve's lives, but rather, shows them mercy and also grace, providing for them clothing of animal skins and by implication "shed blood."
So we see here the fear of God, the confession of sin, mercy and grace.
To sum up, fear God and live.
There is a lot more to examine, many more posts, but I need help understanding Genesis 3:20 and I don't know if the translation is accurate:
" And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. " (as far as I can discern, there were no births yet and I want this verse to make sense.)
Any help here?

Well equating the everlasting gospel with the new Covenant is irrelavent. It is the everlasting Gospel. It is simple-"Fear God and give HIm glory and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the seas and springs of water!" This is the everlasting good news! and has nothing to do with any covenants.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well equating the everlasting gospel with the new Covenant is irrelavent. It is the everlasting Gospel. It is simple-"Fear God and give HIm glory and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the seas and springs of water!" This is the everlasting good news! and has nothing to do with any covenants.
Wow! Try again! Why are the remnant of the nations (gentiles) required to keep the "feast of booths" (or tabernacles) in the millennial kingdom? You do know that this was a perpetual ordinance given to those under the law, right?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's a crazy idea. The everlasting gospel is about Lord Jesus Christ coming to die on the cross for the remission of sins of those who believe, AND that The Father raised Him from the dead. It's about His offer of everlasting LIFE in Him. And that is... The New Covenant.

The New Covenant has to do with one's Faith on Jesus Christ. It being a covenant is about our 'keeping' that Faith in order to receive His promises He gave. So it definitely is about two parties making an agreement, which is what a covenant is.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a crazy idea. The everlasting gospel is about Lord Jesus Christ coming to die on the cross for the remission of sins of those who believe, AND that The Father raised Him from the dead. It's about His offer of everlasting LIFE in Him. And that is... The New Covenant.

The New Covenant has to do with one's Faith on Jesus Christ. It being a covenant is about our 'keeping' that Faith in order to receive His promises He gave. So it definitely is about two parties making an agreement, which is what a covenant is.
You're not at all mistaken about the nature of covenants in general, but God is able to make covenants with both men and beast without man's consent as you see in the example of his covenant with Noah, his descendants, and all the creatures that came through the flood. These covenants are called unconditional and are kept by God, but men have consequences for breaking them. The covenant with Abraham, revealed in his dream of the smoking furnace and burning lamp (Genesis chapter 15), didn't involve Abraham as anything other than a witness and the hands that prepared the sacrifice that sealed the covenant with blood. God's promises to Abraham were also unconditional and Abraham believed God.
No offense intended my brother.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At my first reading I just wanted to know more about Jesus and because I loved to hear what Jesus said and did from the gospel readings at Catholic masses. I sincerely wanted to be like Him, but didn't know how to be anything but me. I wasn't even conscious of my sin. So I read, understanding some, seeing Jesus in the psalms, wonderfully in Isaiah, but not clearly or even dimly in many of the books. I loved reading through the actual gospels, but Paul confused me. While still in the gospels I started applying the word hypocrite to the nuns and priests of our parish, and mom promptly took away that copy of the King James version that I was reading through ( and it was taking a number of years). I was very upset by this and pop came to the rescue, privately handing me his pocket copy of the New Testament and psalms that he'd gotten from a chaplain during WW II. I was consequently able to finish my first reading with the same version, but abridged. My second reading was with a Gideon's bible and I was shocked to find LORD replaced by Jehovah and other striking differences to me, and I don't recall if I even finished reading the whole bible. As yet I hadn't known that there were different translations nor did I know that the different books were written at different times. I thought that there was just one author, God.
Quite a few years later my cousin Tony showed me a paperback copy of the Jerusalem Bible which had even more books in it. It was being used in a college class examining scripture as literature (I think) and since it was a modern translation without a lot of archaic language, I purchased a copy and it had notes about various rabbinical ages and made claims attributing authorship to Elohists, and Yahwists, and just about anyone other than Moses for the books of the law. I remember reading one verse in the apocrypha that made my hand spasm so I literally tore the page (I believe it was about Solomon whom I admired for his wisdom and wealth). I continued to read sporadically from that same version for many years, but purchased an inexpensive King James Version to bring with me to work, so I could read when I had time and discuss with a coworker named Jerome, who was definitely born again and gave me satisfactory answers to all my questions and eventually prayed with me to receive Christ. I can't remember the date, but I'll never forget the day and I'll always be grateful to Jerome for his faithfulness. He confessed later that often when I questioned him, he hadn't known the answers beforehand, but they came to him in the moment and we were both blessed by the conversations. He'd been raised as a Jehovah's witness, but searched and dabbled with cults and the occult before hearing the gospel and believing it. In that we had similar experiences and had more than a few laughs over the foolishness of our early days.
I've really wandered off into testimony and reminiscence, but after I received the Lord by faith, I went back to reading from cover to cover for three years, just looking for Jesus in the Old testament and refreshing my mind in grace in the new. Jesus rebuked the scribes and pharisees saying that they thought that they would find eternal life in the scriptures, but that the scriptures testified of Him (and they didn't have the rest of the book yet).
It was wonderful reading passages and seeing Jesus in them for the first time, and the Lord kept showing me more and more. I also listened to Christian radio on a local station and learned to discern sound from unsound doctrine, but bought into at least one contrived doctrine because the teachers were good scholars and usually didn't raise any red flags in my mind.
I don't understand everything and probably wouldn't bother reading scripture anymore if I did, but what a joy it is to be taught by God and have fellowship in His word.
I do find greater joy in doing His works and that is solid food indeed, but life took a bad turn when my wife took offense at my life and turned to others for company and comfort. It had to be, because the Lord let Satan test the testimony of my baptism and though painful, He remains as promised and I love Him all the more.
If you want to see Jesus more in the Old Testament, look for every instance of God appearing as a man in it, such as Genesis 18 where YHWH appeared to Abraham as one of three men - Abraham washed His feet. That’s Jesus, the only manifestation of God in the flesh, that exists - and as God, can transcend time.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! Try again! Why are the remnant of the nations (gentiles) required to keep the "feast of booths" (or tabernacles) in the millennial kingdom? You do know that this was a perpetual ordinance given to those under the law, right?

Why? doesn't say, but that they will is established in SCripture.Zech. 14:16-19

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to see Jesus more in the Old Testament, look for every instance of God appearing as a man in it, such as Genesis 18 where YHWH appeared to Abraham as one of three men - Abraham washed His feet. That’s Jesus, the only manifestation of God in the flesh, that exists - and as God, can transcend time.
That's just a small fraction of Jesus in the OT
Pretty sure that I posted a series of short studies on this site a long time ago called seeing Jesus, which had more things to look at, but was by mo means comprehensive. Jesus appears in "types", like Samson the Nazarite from birth, Joshua the Son of Nun, Joshua the high priest in the book of Zechariah, "the branch", and many others. Types are frequently just sinful men, but reveal something of the mission, character, redemptive purpose, etc. It helps if you're aware that Joshua is the Hebrew name of Jesus and Jesus is Greek for Joshua.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? doesn't say, but that they will is established in SCripture.Zech. 14:16-19
Ever read the phrase "come let us reason" in scripture? It isn't important that we understand everything, but understanding helps us apply the word to our lives and get to know the Lord a little better. It's great if you can memorize scripture, because the Holy Spirit can apply verses directly to your situations from your memory, but some things in scripture we just have to reason out and the Lord is pleased to help us if we just ask Him to teach us.
The things we have in scripture are there for our understanding. It's not like they're just dropped in there randomly, but some things weren't meant to be understood until the "end times" or "latter days." The Everlasting gospel is not the gospel to build the church, but the gospel for the millennial kingdom and is preached after the church is "complete". It governs life or death for the millennial reign of Christ.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever read the phrase "come let us reason" in scripture? It isn't important that we understand everything, but understanding helps us apply the word to our lives and get to know the Lord a little better. It's great if you can memorize scripture, because the Holy Spirit can apply verses directly to your situations from your memory, but some things in scripture we just have to reason out and the Lord is pleased to help us if we just ask Him to teach us.
The things we have in scripture are there for our understanding. It's not like they're just dropped in there randomly, but some things weren't meant to be understood until the "end times" or "latter days." The Everlasting gospel is not the gospel to build the church, but the gospel for the millennial kingdom and is preached after the church is "complete". It governs life or death for the millennial reign of Christ.

Well I fear your editorial here is a veiled attempt to justify reinterpreting SCriptures. We can find many applications from verses in Scripture- that is the divine mystery and majesty of Gods Word. but there still is only one interpretation! gentiles will celebrate teh feast of tabernacles in the millenial kingdom.

And the everlasting good news(gospel) is simple. It is everlasting and simply says fear God and give Him glory!

Paul spoke of three gospels for the church. the gospel of salvation, th egospel of grace and the gospel of mercy. They are all gospels in that they are all good news. but just one of those is the good news that saves.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I fear your editorial here is a veiled attempt to justify reinterpreting SCriptures. We can find many applications from verses in Scripture- that is the divine mystery and majesty of Gods Word. but there still is only one interpretation! gentiles will celebrate teh feast of tabernacles in the millenial kingdom.

And the everlasting good news(gospel) is simple. It is everlasting and simply says fear God and give Him glory!

Paul spoke of three gospels for the church. the gospel of salvation, th egospel of grace and the gospel of mercy. They are all gospels in that they are all good news. but just one of those is the good news that saves.
I only try to reinterpret scripture that isn't understood clearly and that I'm convinced has been misinterpreted. Free Masonry and carnal minded popes have done a lot of damage to sound doctrine over a long period of time.
Our time is far spent and the bride really needs to get dressed. The everlasting gospel isn't about salvation, but life in the millennium to come. You can't have faith in what you've already seen.

Reactions: Azim

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only try to reinterpret scripture that isn't understood clearly and that I'm convinced has been misinterpreted. Free Masonry and carnal minded popes have done a lot of damage to sound doctrine over a long period of time.
Our time is far spent and the bride really needs to get dressed. The everlasting gospel isn't about salvation, but life in the millennium to come. You can't have faith in what you've already seen.

So what does free masonry and popes have to do with the fact an angel preaches a gospel the church is not commissioned to preach?

So everything you have written here is based upon what you think or believe and not empirical fact or rules of grammar. Many people see this passage clearly. will you tell them they shouldn't think it is clear unless they agree with what you think is the right way to look at it?

I am not saying you are necessarily wrong or insincere, but the way you wrote your response makes it seem you are the final arbiter of misunderstood passages.

We all have beliefs about passages that are in conflict, but we should base it on sound exegesis and not "convinced"

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what does free masonry and popes have to do with the fact an angel preaches a gospel the church is not commissioned to preach?

So everything you have written here is based upon what you think or believe and not empirical fact or rules of grammar. Many people see this passage clearly. will you tell them they shouldn't think it is clear unless they agree with what you think is the right way to look at it?

I am not saying you are necessarily wrong or insincere, but the way you wrote your response makes it seem you are the final arbiter of misunderstood passages.

We all have beliefs about passages that are in conflict, but we should base it on sound exegesis and not "convinced"
You don't actually know that, you're just assuming that. The angels don't fully understand redemption and for good reason. They have a judgment to deal with as well at Christ's return, and God is not unrighteous to hold them to different standards than men. Read about the fall of the king of Babylon in chapter 14 of the book of Isaiah. Pretty sure that its saying that God makes Lucifer a man and makes him die as such. He's not alone in that.
BTW, I've never claimed to know or understand everything, but to the contrary have just stated or preached my understanding by faith as the Lord instructs us. I'm not the Holy Spirit so it isn't my job to convince anyone of the truth, nor convict anyone of sin. I do make the claim of being called a prophet to the church and to my nation.
You can accept that or not. It costs you nothing either way unless the prophesy is for your ears. I just do as I'm shown and as His Spirit gives me the "unction" to do.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't actually know that, you're just assuming that. The angels don't fully understand redemption and for good reason. They have a judgment to deal with as well at Christ's return, and God is not unrighteous to hold them to different standards than men. Read about the fall of the king of Babylon in chapter 14 of the book of Isaiah. Pretty sure that its saying that God makes Lucifer a man and makes him die as such. He's not alone in that.
BTW, I've never claimed to know or understand everything, but to the contrary have just stated or preached my understanding by faith as the Lord instructs us. I'm not the Holy Spirit so it isn't my job to convince anyone of the truth, nor convict anyone of sin. I do make the claim of being called a prophet to the church and to my nation.
You can accept that or not. It costs you nothing either way unless the prophesy is for your ears. I just do as I'm shown and as His Spirit gives me the "unction" to do.

Thatr is why the everlasting good news is not a good news of salvation but teh good news that God is to be glorified! I never said it had anything to do with salvation.

And who has confirmed you are a prophet?
What prophecies have you made?
Are you sitting under a pastor /teacher?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

'And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven,
having the everlasting gospel to preach
unto them that dwell on the earth,
and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Saying with a loud voice,

"Fear God, and give glory to Him;
for the hour of His judgment is come:
and worship Him that made heaven, and earth,
and the sea, and the fountains of waters.'

(Rev 14:6-7)

Hello @Davy,

The gospel being referred to as, 'The Everlasting Gospel', is that found in Revelation 14, which is specifically called by that name. No other good news of God in Scripture is so called. What it is declaring is clear and unequivocal, and is very obviously not the gospel of the grace of God whereby we are now being saved.

Disservice is done to the word of God and His truth, by insisting that this gospel is that by which we were saved, and that there is no other gospel, or 'good news' given by God. For example, 'The Gospel of the Kingdom', differs in content from 'The Gospel of the grace of God'.

'The Everlasting Gospel' was proclaimed by the Creator to His sinful creatures after the Fall (Jude 14:15, Hebrews 11:7 and 2 Peter 2:5). ; and it will be proclaimed again at the end. Hence its name 'everlasting'.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thatr is why the everlasting good news is not a good news of salvation but teh good news that God is to be glorified! I never said it had anything to do with salvation.

And who has confirmed you are a prophet?
What prophecies have you made?
Are you sitting under a pastor /teacher?
The teacher that I "sit under" is God, always has been, but I've "sat under" many pastors. In fact, I warned one that his childish teaching method and miss application of scripture would cost him and his congregation. That church, Avon Baptist, no longer exists, they closed their doors forever.
I warned the pastor at Grace tabernacle about an issue involving a disciplinary matter that he needed to address before it caused great damage in the congregation. He was wise and acted while this issue was causing a rift between 2 sister churches and followed the biblical order of church discipline. The individual who was directly involved made his apologies to the congregation and he was greatly loved by the same. Unfortunately his restoration to the congregation was incomplete. He was so embarrassed by his sin that he couldn't face the people he loved in the church and moved on, but that growing rift between sister churches was sealed and though sorrowful the congregation was not further divided or made bitter.
At another congregation in Asbury Park, where my wife and I landed for a while, the pastor was well trained in sound doctrine, but his preaching was "brassy", judgemental and his language frequently corse. I wrote to him and warned him to consider what he was saying and doing, because he was confusing my wife as well as others in the congregation. He was confident in his position and completely ignored what I said. Shortly afterwards he was fired and replaced. That's 3 confirmations. Would you like more?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello @Davy,

The gospel being referred to as, 'The Everlasting Gospel', is that found in Revelation 14, which is specifically called by that name. No other good news of God in Scripture is so called. What it is declaring is clear and unequivocal, and is very obviously not the gospel of the grace of God whereby we are now being saved.

Disservice is done to the word of God and His truth, by insisting that this gospel is that by which we were saved, and that there is no other gospel, or 'good news' given by God. For example, 'The Gospel of the Kingdom', differs in content from 'The Gospel of the grace of God'.

'The Everlasting Gospel' was proclaimed by the Creator to His sinful creatures after the Fall (Jude 14:15, Hebrews 11:7 and 2 Peter 2:5). ; and it will be proclaimed again at the end. Hence its name 'everlasting'.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thank you, a very good and righteous post.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello @Davy,

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
This is so awesome. 2 Peter 2:5 is part of a great cautionary teaching about false teachers, and I'm glad that despite sharing my understanding, I'm still alive after more than 2 decades of doing so. This brought to mind a passage in 1st Peter and a verse frequently the subject of argument but entirely relevant to the everlasting gospel.
In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you. 5 They will give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit. 1 Peter 4-6
Praise the Lord and give Him glory! His grace is without measure and his kindness to generations!
We should look at this in some depth, but to keep the study manageable, I'll start a second thread, a part 2, about the fallen. This is where the heavens are shaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.