The eternal gospel (everlasting gospel)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can a gospel of faith in the person of Jesus even be relevant after Jesus has been seen by every eye at His second coming? It's not faith to believe what you've seen to be true.

Still rereading your post, so I need more time for more of a response yet, but on this point, it occurs to me, this pretty much shows the necessity of dispensationalist viewpoint, at the very least, regarding this point.

Much love!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again, @michaelvpardo,

There is one verse in which the 'capstone' or 'copingstone' is mentioned and that is in 1 Kings 7:9:-

'All these were of costly stones,
according to the measures of hewed stones,
sawed with saws, within and without,
even from the foundation unto the coping,
(H2948)
and so on the outside toward the great court.'
(1 Kings 7:9)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I finally got around to looking again at 1 Kings 7:9 and the rest of the paragraph. It's actually more beautiful than I realized.
The foundation was of costly stones, large stones, some ten cubits and some eight cubits. 11 And above were costly stones, hewn to size, and cedar wood. 12 The great court was enclosed with three rows of hewn stones and a row of cedar beams. So were the inner court of the house of the Lord and the vestibule of the temple. 1 Kings 7:10-12
The testimony of the Holy Spirit is righteous and true. His word is established in heaven.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still rereading your post, so I need more time for more of a response yet, but on this point, it occurs to me, this pretty much shows the necessity of dispensationalist viewpoint, at the very least, regarding this point.

Much love!
While I don't believe in dispensations, there are certainly visible ages in biblical history and I wouldn't be inclined to " throw out the baby with the bathwater". All who believe are His and the point of these discussions is to bring us to like mindedness, to find agreement and unity in Christ. The Lord never intended that we squabble over meaning or divide His body into pieces. The opinion of every saint should be considered and valued, whether a mature believer or "baby" in Christ. Out of the mouth of babes, He has ordained strength (and I do so cherish the laughter and gurgles of babies in their mother's arms while the word is being preached. They do what they do without understanding, but God knows every one of them by name.)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but some things in scripture we just have to reason out and the Lord is pleased to help us if we just ask Him to teach us.
The things we have in scripture are there for our understanding.
I agree with this, but I have to add, for myself, the final understanding will be seen in the Scriptures, having been there all along in it's clear teachings, only that we did not yet see it until we had reasoned through those passages which prevented us from seeing.

I've come to think of the Bible as revealing errors in doctrines easily, quickly, on it's face. So that when someone comes up with some strange and wrong idea, there's a verse in the Bible that will speak directly against it, quickly showing it false. A simple basic understanding of the Bible, if received, will ward off most error.

I've found the truth of the Bible to be different. What we need to know to be saved, and to live pleasing to God, these things are clear and plain. But for the intricacies of our doctrine, we need to have a much deeper understanding of how many passages work together. We need to see how seeming conflicts between passages harmonize, not by redefining anything, not by overlooking or diminishing anything, but by having the true understanding of the terms and all.

But in all the complexity, I've found that when I understand a doctrine in Scripture, that my understanding can be expressed in the basic meanings of plainly stated Scripture, and the lack of understanding really only indicated a failure to take each word fully and seriously.

So many times parts of verses can be glossed over, "I don't understand those couple of words, but I don't see how they have an effect on what the verse means", and we go on reading, thinking we know.

Or in other cases, we read, thinking, Well, it just MUST mean that! I can't imagine something different! I always always look for Biblical authority.

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with this, but I have to add, for myself, the final understanding will be seen in the Scriptures, having been there all along in it's clear teachings, only that we did not yet see it until we had reasoned through those passages which prevented us from seeing.

I've come to think of the Bible as revealing errors in doctrines easily, quickly, on it's face. So that when someone comes up with some strange and wrong idea, there's a verse in the Bible that will speak directly against it, quickly showing it false. A simple basic understanding of the Bible, if received, will ward off most error.

I've found the truth of the Bible to be different. What we need to know to be saved, and to live pleasing to God, these things are clear and plain. But for the intricacies of our doctrine, we need to have a much deeper understanding of how many passages work together. We need to see how seeming conflicts between passages harmonize, not by redefining anything, not by overlooking or diminishing anything, but by having the true understanding of the terms and all.

But in all the complexity, I've found that when I understand a doctrine in Scripture, that my understanding can be expressed in the basic meanings of plainly stated Scripture, and the lack of understanding really only indicated a failure to take each word fully and seriously.

So many times parts of verses can be glossed over, "I don't understand those couple of words, but I don't see how they have an effect on what the verse means", and we go on reading, thinking we know.

Or in other cases, we read, thinking, Well, it just MUST mean that! I can't imagine something different! I always always look for Biblical authority.

Much love!
Well stated, brother. You stand on firm ground, well rooted in the word. I only wish more would dust off their bibles and be taught by God. Very few grasp the blessing of such spiritual communion and fellowship.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's an interesting statement!

We are in Christ, do we need something else?

Much love!
To be prepared and watching. Jesus had a lot to say on the matter, even if given in parables. The preparation part can be confusing, but the letters to the 7 churches would seem to apply (from the book of the Revelation. )

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HA... I did not understand ONE bit of what they were saying... I just enjoyed the respect and dignity in their exchange...

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if the prophecy is actually talking about the king of Babylon, like the prophet said?

Much love!
You have to ask yourself then if the rest of the passage applies to the first (context).
Then you have to ask yourself if Lucifer is just a man and dead. The same is true of the annointed cherub, the covering angel. These are deep waters my friend, but we have a "liferaft", a hand up in Jesus Christ. Amen and Hallelujah.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok... so... I do have this to say.... I do understand what being prepared and watching means...
God is doing marvelous things at this time... Cleaning house HE is. That is what I see.
I think He is preparing His Bride... He is raising up a body of believers who will Worship in
Spirit and in Truth.

Now I feel I have added to this wonderful conversation... LOL ... This has kissed my heart with joy for some reason.
Blessings on you @michaelvpardo

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The teacher that I "sit under" is God, always has been, but I've "sat under" many pastors. In fact, I warned one that his childish teaching method and miss application of scripture would cost him and his congregation. That church, Avon Baptist, no longer exists, they closed their doors forever.
I warned the pastor at Grace tabernacle about an issue involving a disciplinary matter that he needed to address before it caused great damage in the congregation. He was wise and acted while this issue was causing a rift between 2 sister churches and followed the biblical order of church discipline. The individual who was directly involved made his apologies to the congregation and he was greatly loved by the same. Unfortunately his restoration to the congregation was incomplete. He was so embarrassed by his sin that he couldn't face the people he loved in the church and moved on, but that growing rift between sister churches was sealed and though sorrowful the congregation was not further divided or made bitter.
At another congregation in Asbury Park, where my wife and I landed for a while, the pastor was well trained in sound doctrine, but his preaching was "brassy", judgemental and his language frequently corse. I wrote to him and warned him to consider what he was saying and doing, because he was confusing my wife as well as others in the congregation. He was confident in his position and completely ignored what I said. Shortly afterwards he was fired and replaced. That's 3 confirmations. Would you like more?

Did you bring these charges against these pastors biblically?

You sound like the carnal Corinthians when you say you sit under god! We all sit under god and His Word! But if you are not under a pastor teacher now you are in sin.

Eph. 4:
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.

If you are not a current member of a local church then you also are in sin.
Hebrews 10:25-26
King James Version

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

If you did not confront these pastors biblically- I do not care how right you were in your "discernment" you violated Gods commands!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok... so... I do have this to say.... I do understand what being prepared and watching means...
God is doing marvelous things at this time... Cleaning house HE is. That is what I see.
I think He is preparing His Bride... He is raising up a body of believers who will Worship in
Spirit and in Truth.

Now I feel I have added to this wonderful conversation... LOL ... This has kissed my heart with joy for some reason.
Blessings on you @michaelvpardo
Thank you. Your comments are lovely and an encouragement. Who could ask for more? God bless you and increase your understanding ( and I know that He has and He will). Amen
BTW, encouragements is one of the greatest gifts of the Holy Spirit and it would be wonderful if those with that gift used it frequently and with wisdom. Thank you again sister.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you bring these charges against these pastors biblically?

You sound like the carnal Corinthians when you say you sit under god! We all sit under god and His Word! But if you are not under a pastor teacher now you are in sin.

Eph. 4:
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.

If you are not a current member of a local church then you also are in sin.
Hebrews 10:25-26
King James Version

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

If you did not confront these pastors biblically- I do not care how right you were in your "discernment" you violated Gods commands!
Evil judgments all and not worth an answer, but yes, I do things God's way, in accordance with the Holy writ. My testimony bears witness of Him and His word.
Does yours?
I have a great deal of labor to perform upon my property and some cool sunny weather to do it, so forgive me if I don't respond quickly to back biting. It's a little thing.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I don't believe in dispensations,
I think just what you've outlined in the OP shows dispensational differences between the "church age" and the millennial kingdom, so these would be classified as 2 dispensations, isn't that right?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord never intended that we squabble over meaning or divide His body into pieces.
Very true!

Ephesians 4:15-16 KJV
15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16) From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be prepared and watching. Jesus had a lot to say on the matter, even if given in parables. The preparation part can be confusing, but the letters to the 7 churches would seem to apply (from the book of the Revelation. )
The bride getting dressed . . . prepared and watching . . . watching, that I understand.

I've heard many people's ideas of what has to happen for the church, to the church, by the church, getting her "ready" for Jesus to come back. The only thing I've found in the Bible that prepares us to meet Jesus is being reconciled to God, and receiving that reconciliation. What is to be added?

Much love!

Reactions: HisLife

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've heard many people's ideas of what has to happen for the church, to the church, by the church, getting her "ready" for Jesus to come back. The only thing I've found in the Bible that prepares us to meet Jesus is being reconciled to God, and receiving that reconciliation. What is to be added?
I am actually surprised to hear you say this... Not sure why... but I am... LOL
Sorry... I am not trying to derail this thread... I added my little two cents worth and was well received... I feel respect in this thread...
and I feel the beauty of working together to DIG into the scriptures.

Reactions: Azim and marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bride getting dressed . . . prepared and watching . . . watching, that I understand.

Much love!
Nothing else . Get the gospel out to all that has breath .
Many are preaching that we must have this huge revival before JESUS can return .
This is a lie .
Notice that paul specifically says , A falling AWAY has to occur . Well , we are in IT now and its growing massive .
A huge false unity is gaining ground . WHICH IS THE FALLING AWAY . They exclude JESUS and the gospel
and preach unity for world peace and a social gospel now . ITS false and i shun it without apology .
Preach CHRIST , His sayings , the apostles sayings and be WATCHING .

Status
Not open for further replies.