The eternal gospel (everlasting gospel)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, my young brother, I dont think you understood what Charity said and I'm pretty sure that you don't understand a lot of what I'm saying. You really don't have to understand these things, they have no effect on your salvation, but I'm begging you not to lean on your own understanding and say evil things about another very blessed saint and one with a sweet aroma of grace in her posts. Charity is not in the least bit confused, she just understands quite a bit more than you do. She's scholarly like a good Berean, and full of the Holy Spirit. I'm not suggesting that you aren't, but this thread shouldn't be filled with false accusation, carnal argument, or undermining the testimony of any saint.
Do you understand, friend?
No need to talk down to others, I shouldn't think.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hint: how do lights rule anything? Strongs #4475
The greater and lesser lights? Sun and moon? Either metaphorically, or, what do you have in mind?

Of course, the stars were not said to rule.

Your thoughts?

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The greater and lesser lights? Sun and moon? Either metaphorically, or, what do you have in mind?

Your thoughts?

Much love!
Actually read the passage again and consider the order of the verses.
14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness.
In normal grammatical usage "them" applies to all the lights, not just to the greater and lesser light. Many of the stars we see are far larger than the sun and produce a far more intense light. In the time of Moses this wasn't understood by men, but I'm pretty sure that God knew what He was talking about and this forces us to a spiritual understanding, not a carnal one.
And we should mention that the first verses show that the lights in the firmament were created before the sun, moon, and stars. Sometimes detail is good.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your thoughts?

Much love!
BTW, I also conversed on line with a member of some wacky cult that thought that Jesus and Satan were the 2 greater and lesser lights and "spirit brothers" making Jesus a created being and Satan his equal. This was on a Christian message board and he considered himself a Christian. Insanity is a common feature of the cults, but a sound mind comes from Christ Jesus. All humanity needs a little help in that area these days.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Notice I put your big FIB WORDS in Bold Red and Large Letters.

The "everlasting gospel" of Rev.14 is The Gospel of Jesus Christ! And I KNOW OF NO OTHER GOSPEL THAT CAN SAVE taught in God's Word! It is the same Gospel preached to Abraham, the same Gospel Jesus preached, the same Gospel Christ's Apostles preached, and the same Gospel that Apostle Paul preached. Any other gospel is just rubbish.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY CONFUSED
(Re: Reply#56 - Page 3)

'And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven,
having the everlasting gospel to preach
unto them that dwell on the earth,
and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Saying with a loud voice,

Fear God, and give glory to Him;
for the hour of His judgment is come:
and worship Him that made heaven, and earth,
and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

(Rev 14:6-7)

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo
Status
Not open for further replies.