The eternal gospel (everlasting gospel)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We also tend to assume that Paul wrote the epistle to the Hebrews because the theology is deep and the writing style is similar,

Hebrews 2:3 KJV
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

Galatians 1:11-12 KJV
11) But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12) For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

I'm of the opinion that Paul did not write Hebrews.

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Renewing our mind isn't so much a necessity that we have to do, it's God's program for us with which we cooperate, and even then, God has the final word on our progress. And that final word will never be to cast us away from Him. It will always be to care for us, and to do what needs done in our lives.

Jesus saves us to the uttermost. All the way. It's knowing that truth that releases us to freely live Godly lives.

Much love!
I'm not suggesting that slothfulness somehow leads to the loss of salvation, and you're correct that our growth is ultimately controlled by the Lord. However our "rewards" are based upon what we do in the body of Christ and we are instructed by the Apostle Paul to exhort the brethren to good works, to encourage service as a spiritual sacrifice. These instructions would be completely unnecessary if people were naturally inclined to work and they're given to the church.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have pondered and wondered if Paul was having a vision of Elijah....but he stated he knew a man for over 14 years....now if this is a dream then it is not literal.....hard to really understand the whole matter without praying.
God Bless
I think what he was saying was that he knew this man 14 years earlier, not that he knew him for 14 years. I take it exactly as Paul wrote it. He knew a guy this happened to, and he didn't understand exactly how it worked, but, this is someone he'd boast over, but not himself.

And I'd add, not obliquely, not deceptively, "but it was really me, not him, but I want you to think it was him". Or we see through his charade, wink wink, and are willing to disbelieve his words thinking we know his deceptive intention.

I just have to take it like I find it.

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People use all sorts of parts of the Bible all sorts of ways, that doesn mean too much to me. Only that I'm clear in what I'm saying to you. Do you find my words clear? Do you feel you understand what I'm saying, and how this in no wise denies Jesus' deity?

Any thoughts on my speculations here?

Much love!
I don't doubt you brother, but we want to be clear for the sake of "unstable minds." I was married to one. She's a believer, but has always struggled with unrighteous teachings. This is a person who loves the sound preaching of Charles Stanley, and the unsound doctrines of Joel Osteen. The two preachers have incompatible doctrines, one appealing to the spirit and one appealing to the flesh, but she's never been able to see that and she's no less loved by God despite it. (She is however, growing in the knowledge and grace of God under the hand of His discipline. Some of us learn hard lessons this way.)

Reactions: marks

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 2:3 KJV
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

Galatians 1:11-12 KJV
11) But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12) For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

I'm of the opinion that Paul did not write Hebrews.

Much love!
I would agree, but can't be dogmatic about it. The risen Christ "spoke" with Saul on the road to Damascus and He did see the risen Lord who he frequently refers to as Christ Jesus instead of Jesus Christ on that same occasion .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not suggesting that slothfulness somehow leads to the loss of salvation, and you're correct that our growth is ultimately controlled by the Lord. However our "rewards" are based upon what we do in the body of Christ and we are instructed by the Apostle Paul to exhort the brethren to good works, to encourage service as a spiritual sacrifice. These instructions would be completely unnecessary if people were naturally inclined to work and they're given to the church.
I think they are there to to chase the unbeliever into the kingdom, and to pry the believer away from the flesh mind and into the spirit mind.

Yes, we are to encourage each other to love and good works.

I see the fleshy mind fairly entrenched in our manner of living and thinking, and we need to come to understand that we are new and free, and that everything that looks like unredeemed life, all these things which we once were, so stop living like you still are!

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree, but can't be dogmatic about it. The risen Christ "spoke" with Saul on the road to Damascus and He did see the risen Lord who he frequently refers to as Christ Jesus instead of Jesus Christ on that same occasion .
BTW . . . I'm really enjoying this opportunity to get to know you a little better!

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they are there to to chase the unbeliever into the kingdom, and to pry the believer away from the flesh mind and into the spirit mind.

Yes, we are to encourage each other to love and good works.

I see the fleshy mind fairly entrenched in our manner of living and thinking, and we need to come to understand that we are new and free, and that everything that looks like unredeemed life, all these things which we once were, not stop living like you still are!

Much love!
You're not wrong, but even Paul struggled relentlessly with his own sin, that nature in his flesh that remained in opposition to His Spirit, even calling himself the chief of sinners:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! Romans 7:23-25
Romans chapter 8 follows immediately and the chapter numbers and verse numbers aren't in the original letters and are by no means inspired.
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not wrong, but even Paul struggled relentlessly with his own sin, that nature in his flesh that remained in opposition to His Spirit, even calling himself the chief of sinners:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! Romans 7:23-25
Romans chapter 8 follows immediately and the chapter numbers and verse numbers aren't in the original letters and are by no means inspired.
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2
I'm glad we agree on this.

There is the law in my mind, I'm a child of God, a new mind, and I love and serve God. There is a law in my body, my members, that relentlessly pursues sin.

Jesus has given us that deliverance in giving us that new mind, but it IS a body of death.

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad we agree on this.

There is the law in my mind, I'm a child of God, a new mind, and I love and serve God. There is a law in my body, my members, that relentlessly pursues sin.

Jesus has given us that deliverance in giving us that new mind, but it IS a body of death.

Much love!
Amen and Amen.
I've got another cool and sunny morning (it was 46° here last night), but the temperature might hit 80 by late afternoon and I want to try to finish filling the right half of my wood locker. Oops, its already after 2. I'm confident that you can field questions so I'm gone for the moment.

Reactions: marks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evil judgments all and not worth an answer, but yes, I do things God's way, in accordance with the Holy writ. My testimony bears witness of Him and His word.
Does yours?
I have a great deal of labor to perform upon my property and some cool sunny weather to do it, so forgive me if I don't respond quickly to back biting. It's a little thing.

Sorry but God and His Word are not the witnesses Demanded of us to bring charges against an elder.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have pondered and wondered if Paul was having a vision of Elijah....but he stated he knew a man for over 14 years....now if this is a dream then it is not literal.....hard to really understand the whole matter without praying.
God Bless
Read the whole thing my dear friend . It was paul speaking about himself .
And let the LORD be praised my friend .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the whole thing my dear friend . It was paul speaking about himself .
And let the LORD be praised my friend .
Except Paul said it wasn't him. Don't you believe him? Were his words inspired by God for him to write?

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but God and His Word are not the witnesses Demanded of us to bring charges against an elder.
I'm in no hurry for the order of church discipline, but I'll give you the order of authority, or better stated, the order of service, which apparently has been neglected or ignored by a large portion of the church upon Earth.
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 1 Corinthians 12:27-29

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except Paul said it wasn't him. Don't you believe him? Were his words inspired by God for him to write?

Much love!
Paul never said it was not him my friend . He just didnt like to boast in himself .
See the entire reason for his writing this , was to show them that we are naught , but Christ is the ALL .
And thus we ought not be boasting in ourselves , nor envying one another .
He did this to cut the legs off those whose pride was in themselves and were leading men in the wrong direction .
The thing to learn from this is , HUMILITY . That was the message and men are just men . WE are nothing great .
GOD is great and JESUS is KING . SO LET HIS Name be praised . AND if anyone wants to boast , BOAST IN THE LORD ALONE .
FOR it is GOD who gives each one their own gift . AND its meant not for us to be exalted , but for the edifying of the body ,
and for CHRIST to be exalted in heart and in mind . SO LET ALL THAT DRAWS BREATH , SOUND A GLORIOUS PRAISE OUT UNTO THE WONDEROUS LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One day soon the King shall come and forever the lambs will be with the one who set us free . LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .
For yet a little while and HE that shall come shall indeed come and will not tarry . Praise the glorious LORD . HOME is with the KING .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul never said it was not him my friend . He just didnt like to boast in himself .
See the entire reason for his writing this , was to show them that we are naught , but Christ is the ALL .
And thus we ought not be boasting in ourselves , nor envying one another .
He did this to cut the legs off those whose pride was in themselves and were leading men in the wrong direction .
The thing to learn from this is , HUMILITY . That was the message and men are just men . WE are nothing great .
GOD is great and JESUS is KING . SO LET HIS Name be praised . AND if anyone wants to boast , BOAST IN THE LORD ALONE .
FOR it is GOD who gives each one their own gift . AND its meant not for us to be exalted , but for the edifying of the body ,
and for CHRIST to be exalted in heart and in mind . SO LET ALL THAT DRAWS BREATH , SOUND A GLORIOUS PRAISE OUT UNTO THE WONDEROUS LORD .
I don't believe he was being deceptive, but I'm certain more people view it how you do. But this is nothing to separate you from me!

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.