The eternal gospel (everlasting gospel)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I say flimsy you might compare it to what James said about faith without works.
Our works do not reconcile us to God.

Do you think that there is anything lacking in the reconciliation we have with God in Christ?

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...someone else has an answer. My alerts for the day are getting a bit long to follow ( the new ones are highlighted, but the highlighting disappears as soon as I respond to one and I keep rereading the same posts over and over again...
I learned a long time ago when I was posting more on this forum to always have a small pad of paper and a pencil available. When I clicked on the alerts I would start with the oldest one showing and read and/or answer that one first. After that the red alert highlighting is gone. The double click on the alert button again and then click it again so that the whole list is displayed for you.

For each alert then as you check it write down the precise clock time on your pad of paper and proceed to the next one. I remember when I was getting 30-40 alerts sometimes when I first got on the forum each day and it was nearly impossible to keep track of what I had already read. Now I always have a running set of dates and time on my paper pad. If people actually tag me for an alert it is on there even if the red highlight is gone. This has worked well for me.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unsaved people can do very righteous seeming works, but that doesn't mean they are works of faith.

Mother Theresa, by her own admission, and rather late in life, expressed she didn't have any sort of real knowledge of or relationship to God. By her own testimony, she didn't know him.

Very sad!!
Well, a poor theology doesn't mean a lack of relationship. The biggest influence on my faith was my maternal grandfather, we called him dzedo or dzedi, which is a Slovak word which just means "man" and grandma was "baba", just like the southern slang, but means woman. When dzedo got annoyed with her, he sometimes called her " stada baba " which means old woman.
Dzedo was a coal miner, back in the day when they still dug with hand picks and used canaries to check the air for methane gas or carbon dioxide build up. He was a devout Catholic and I often saw him praying though I couldn't tell you if his prayers were memorized from the church or if he spoke with the Lord.
He was by no means perfect. He fermented his own wine, brewed his own beer, and cooked 180 proof moonshine with his own still. They found him on one occasion passed out in a drainage ditch after spending an evening with his brother drinking the hard stuff. He got angry and sharp with my grandmother occasionally, but calmed down in an instant and would always give me a big reassuring smile afterwards. Before I was born he kept live chickens for food and I remember his garden plot as though it was some huge farm. We hid from the bees he kept, among the corn after throwing stones at the beehives to rile them up, (until baba started scolding and calling us in.)
He lived and worked through the depression, giving food to neighbors, though he had 6 children of his own to feed and none ever went hungry. I never heard a bad word spoken of him except by my cousin Joe, whose own parents were both alcoholics (but still kind and loving towards me). I remember watching him sit with his pipe in his hand and a sparrow hopping around on his shoulder (he kept a little bird seed in his pocket and as a child in Slovakia, when he had to watch over the flock, he'd catch and eat birds for his lunch.)
He spoke broken english, adding extra syllables to words to suit his Slovak ears, and no better than my Spanish paternal grandfather, but I always understood what he was saying and I always understood his simple faith. I guarantee that he had no idea what the term born again even means.
Don't judge by assumption. It's better not to judge at all.
My dzedo lived a long and richly blessed life despite having very little material goods. He died at a ripe old age of 92.
None of this is proof of his salvation, but a tree is known by its fruit. Make no mistake, the righteous do righteously, and a long life is typically a blessing for obedience. Works are evidence of faith and even a young child can believe the Lord and know Him, even without any knowledge of doctrine.
What does Paul say in the book of Romans? What opened Martin Luther's eyes? He was a Roman Catholic monk and had an earnest desire to bring reformation to the Roman Catholic church. He didn't set out to create the Lutheran church. That was an "accident " of his rejection by the church, and their attempt to kill him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our works do not reconcile us to God.

Do you think that there is anything lacking in the reconciliation we have with God in Christ?

Much love!
No, I just think Christians are easily contented with salvation and become slothful in doing God's will. The resurrected Christ addressed a large gathering of disciples in Galilee, not just the Apostles, and gave them the great commission, telling them to go out into the world. Did they?
We're told that historically most of those new believers stayed in and around Jerusalem until the first persecutions under Herod. God scattered them through the persecution and the gospel spread.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I learned a long time ago when I was posting more on this forum to always have a small pad of paper and a pencil available. When I clicked on the alerts I would start with the oldest one showing and read and/or answer that one first. After that the red alert highlighting is gone. The double click on the alert button again and then click it again so that the whole list is displayed for you.

For each alert then as you check it write down the precise clock time on your pad of paper and proceed to the next one. I remember when I was getting 30-40 alerts sometimes when I first got on the forum each day and it was nearly impossible to keep track of what I had already read. Now I always have a running set of dates and time on my paper pad. If people actually tag me for an alert it is on there even if the red highlight is gone. This has worked well for me.
Thank you for a solid tip, but honestly, if I have to respond to every alert, to every accusation, to every evil innuendo, I'll never get my own labors accomplished on my property or in my house. I'm embarrassed to have any guests over for all the disarray, clutter, dust, and frequently scattered cat food and catnip. I trust that the Lord will give me opportunity to see and to respond to damaging accusations. He's my defender, I just know a bit of somewhat deadly martial arts, and by the grace of God have never had to use them.
Thank you though brother, for your kindness and obvious administrative gifts. I'm always pleased to read your posts.

Reactions: amadeus

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much for posting this lovely rendition of an old and wonderful worship song. It's been so long since I've heard it in a congregation that it brought tears to my eyes and they're still a bit blurry with tears. Oh how I long to worship the Lord in the company of the saints again. It breaks my heart to be separated from those I love, both the living and the dead. I was born as gentle as a lamb, but life and circumstance made me something else. The Lord is sovereign over all creation and in this I trust Him.
Thank you again dearest friend and brother in the Lord, we'll all meet face to face, in the glory of His presence, and soon, very soon. Amen.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you mean? How many? Where can I read about this in the Bible?

Much love!
Job 38:7

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Enough to match the angels singing.

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

A son of God is the image of God. On that day their only parent was God. God never tells us how many stars nor how many sons of God. More than just 1 though.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I just think Christians are easily contented with salvation and become slothful in doing God's will.
I think this is a widely held view in some circles, but one I don't share. The desire to remain fleshy is from the flesh, and is answered in the renewing of the mind.

The spirit yearns for God, and the flesh yearns for sin, and that's true of all the born again. Christians which are still in fleshy thoughts and fleshy ways are Christians who's minds need renewing.

We need to learn to think according to the truth of the Bible.

If the flesh mind remains dominent for a greater amount of time, the life will be more fleshy. As the mind is renewed, and we begin thinking in the spirit mind, the mind of Christ, then the life is more spiritual.

"Building yourself up in your most holy faith", that's what we need, and I'm here to help.

Jesus has given us a wonderful and blessed life if we will trust Him sufficiently to go ahead and live it.

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. I was only mentioning that she herself has spoken of her lack of relationship with God.

Much love!
Thank you for the clarification brother. Things will get a bit more difficult when we examine the actual words of Christ in the context of the everlasting gospel and I believe that the Apostle Paul was shown these things and was forbidden to speak about them during the formation of the church and for the purposes of building the church. He mentions his rapture and visions in the epistles, but doesn't explain them.
We have to assume that the Lord kept some secrets from us, His church, because they would stand in opposition to the purposes of His gospel of salvation. I can see no other reason for finding this seemingly random information in the scriptures. I've already jumped the gun so to speak, in another thread about OSAS, which seems like a slap in the face to our Lord. Praise the Lord for His mercies and the unfathomable depths of His grace. I'm convinced that we'll not only arrive at a consensus, but at the truth in Christ and the stature of the mind of Christ. That's awesome indeed.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is a widely held view in some circles, but one I don't share. The desire to remain fleshy is from the flesh, and is answered in the renewing of the mind.

The spirit yearns for God, and the flesh yearns for sin, and that's true of all the born again. Christians which are still in fleshy thoughts and fleshy ways are Christians who's minds need renewing.

We need to learn to think according to the truth of the Bible.

If the flesh mind remains dominent for a greater amount of time, the life will be more fleshy. As the mind is renewed, and we begin thinking in the spirit mind, the mind of Christ, then the life is more spiritual.

"Building yourself up in your most holy faith", that's what we need, and I'm here to help.

Jesus has given us a wonderful and blessed life if we will trust Him sufficiently to go ahead and live it.

Much love!
I don't disagree with what you're saying regarding that necessity of the renewal of our minds, but we do have all these rebukes and warnings from the Lord in the letters to the 7 churches in chapters 2 and 3 of the book of the Revelation which are given to all with an ear to hear.
And we do have the song of Moses in chapter 32 of the book of Deuteronomy , one of the most powerful prophetic passages in all of scripture. It helps to understand who Jeshurun is, but the name is only used twice in scripture, and if you think in terms of redemptive history the name is given to the Hebrews in this order, Jacob, Israel, Jeshurun.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 38:7

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Enough to match the angels singing.

Job 38:4-7 KJV
4) Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5) Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6) Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7) When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Sequencing is everything. The earth was created and formed before God created man. Who then was singing and shouting?

Psalms 104:1-9 KJV
1) Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
2) Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
3) Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
4) Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
5) Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
6) Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
7) At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.

8) They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
9) Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

Genesis 1:1-10 KJV
1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4) And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6) And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7) And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8) And God called the firmament Heaven
. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

{4. Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: } Angels created Second/Third day?

9) And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10) And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Here is a possiblity of when the angels were created.

The sons of God is an expression used of those who were God's direct creations, Adam, angels, the redeemed. Jesus, when He was born, was the only begotten Son of God. He remains the uniquely begotten Son of God.

Interestingly, you will never see a reference in the Bible of angels actually singing. Check it out. If these "morning stars" are angels, this is the only instance.

If we ask, who are these others, the morning stars, there is another very interesting thing.

Revelation 22:16 KJV
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Revelation 2:26-28 KJV
26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27) And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28) And I will give him the morning star.

2 Peter 1:19 KJV
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Galatians 4:19 KJV
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Who are these morning stars who sing?

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

A son of God is the image of God. On that day their only parent was God. God never tells us how many stars nor how many sons of God. More than just 1 though.

In that Adam called Eve the mother of all living, I'm thinking there were just the two of them.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He mentions his rapture and visions in the epistles, but doesn't explain them.
Something about me you might as well learn now.

If you are referring to, I knew a man who, 14 years ago . . .

2 Corinthians 12:1-5 KJV
1) It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2) I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3) And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth)
4) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
5) Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

Many people assert that this was Paul himself. I wasn't there, so all I have to go by is what Paul himself said, and he said it wasn't him. So I'm of the opinion that it wasn't him.

I don't think God, through Paul, is lying to us about who was caught up at that time.

This is the way I read the Bible.

Much love!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 38:4-7 KJV
4) Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5) Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6) Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7) When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Sequencing is everything. The earth was created and formed before God created man. Who then was singing and shouting?

Psalms 104:1-9 KJV
1) Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
2) Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
3) Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
4) Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
5) Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
6) Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
7) At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.

8) They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
9) Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

Genesis 1:1-10 KJV
1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4) And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6) And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7) And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8) And God called the firmament Heaven
. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

{4. Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: } Angels created Second/Third day?

9) And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10) And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Here is a possiblity of when the angels were created.

The sons of God is an expression used of those who were God's direct creations, Adam, angels, the redeemed. Jesus, when He was born, was the only begotten Son of God. He remains the uniquely begotten Son of God.

Interestingly, you will never see a reference in the Bible of angels actually singing. Check it out. If these "morning stars" are angels, this is the only instance.

If we ask, who are these others, the morning stars, there is another very interesting thing.

Revelation 22:16 KJV
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Revelation 2:26-28 KJV
26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27) And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28) And I will give him the morning star.

2 Peter 1:19 KJV
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Galatians 4:19 KJV
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Who are these morning stars who sing?

In that Adam called Eve the mother of all living, I'm thinking there were just the two of them.

Much love!
This is good, but be cautious. These passages are also used by the Jehovah's witnesses to deny the divinity of Jesus Christ, and by the Luciferians who see the Lord as Lucifer, having come out of His church and introducing destructive heresies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1) It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2) I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3) And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth)
4) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
5) Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

Many people assert that this was Paul himself. I wasn't there, so all I have to go by is what Paul himself said, and he said it wasn't him. So I'm of the opinion that it wasn't him.

I don't think God, through Paul, is lying to us about who was caught up at that time.

Much love!
I have pondered and wondered if Paul was having a vision of Elijah....but he stated he knew a man for over 14 years....now if this is a dream then it is not literal.....hard to really understand the whole matter without praying.
God Bless

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Good catch there, brother. It is a common assumption, but no less true if Paul wasn't being modest and spoke of another saint's experience. We also tend to assume that Paul wrote the epistle to the Hebrews because the theology is deep and the writing style is similar, but it could've been written by any of the saints with a sound understanding of the scriptures available (the old Testament writings) and its foolish to assume that Paul was unique in New Testament Revelation.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't disagree with what you're saying regarding that necessity of the renewal of our minds, but we do have all these rebukes and warnings from the Lord in the letters to the 7 churches in chapters 2 and 3 of the book of the Revelation which are given to all with an ear to hear.
And we do have the song of Moses in chapter 32 of the book of Deuteronomy , one of the most powerful prophetic passages in all of scripture. It helps to understand who Jeshurun is, but the name is only used twice in scripture, and if you think in terms of redemptive history the name is given to the Hebrews in this order, Jacob, Israel, Jeshurun.

Renewing our mind isn't so much a necessity that we have to do, it's God's program for us with which we cooperate, and even then, God has the final word on our progress. And that final word will never be to cast us away from Him. It will always be to care for us, and to do what needs done in our lives.

Jesus saves us to the uttermost. All the way. It's knowing that truth that releases us to freely live Godly lives.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is good, but be cautious. These passages are also used by the Jehovah's witnesses to deny the divinity of Jesus Christ, and by the Luciferians who see the Lord as Lucifer, having come out of His church and introducing destructive heresies.
People use all sorts of parts of the Bible all sorts of ways, that doesn mean too much to me. Only that I'm clear in what I'm saying to you. Do you find my words clear? Do you feel you understand what I'm saying, and how this in no wise denies Jesus' deity?

Any thoughts on my speculations here?

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.