The False Doctrine with key word "COVER"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to this, your answer of who thinks it is ok to sin because god cannot see.your answer is, it is unknown...

or you did what you usually do and failed to read my question and gave an offbeat answer which did not answer my question,

either way, I asked you numerous times, and once again, you either can not answer, or will not answer (because you can’t)

LOL You misread my answer, so of course I hadn't a clue what you were talking about. I meant those who believe the false doctrine, the truth is UNKNOWN to them.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He says "I am chief"...present tense.

You like to believe that don't you?

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, 13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus saves sinners FROM their sin, not so they can keep on being a slave to sin. John 8:34-36

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is pure Gnosticism and false. It is a human reasoning trying to fit Adam into the bible wordings...unsuccessfully.

When we sin...ALL of us sins. A little leaven leavens the whole batch. Without spot or wrinkle means just that.

Righteous is as righteous does. Elect is as elect does.

You need to understand what grace from God is...not what Adam (the fallen man) wants it to be.

What would you say grace from God is? With Scripture, please.

What do you think Gnosticism is? Because this isn't that. I hear that accusation used by many people in many cases, generally erroneously.

I'm curious, what does this passage mean to you?

Ephesians 4
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

There is another that I become curious what you would say about it . . .

Romans 7
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

And I'm curious about something else also.

What is it you are thinking that Adam (the fallen man) wants grace to be?

I'm looking for some substance you your comments. "Elect is as elect does" sounds a bit pithy to me, no offense intended, just looking for substance.

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key word of the most common false doctrine is "cover." Anytime I hear someone use the phrase "the blood of Jesus "covers" our sin," I know they have been taught the watered down, powerless understanding of what the blood of Jesus actually does, and lives their lives struggling with sin, but has the false assurance that God can't see their sinning, so they still have their ticket to heaven. Many in these denominations that teach "covering" attract persons who desire to still be carnal; and never become born again - actual children of God. Not just in theory, but actually. Not just imputed righteousness (another key phrase used in this false doctrine), but actually. Jesus is coming back for a spotless Bride, not one who is still a slave to sin.

Part of the false doctrine is "we will always sin until we die and receive new bodies." The misunderstanding of the word "flesh" is the problem. Paul uses it equal to the old sinful carnal nature inherited from Adam. Those who believe this doctrine of demons never seek to be free, because they have been told they have to go through a life-long process of sanctification of overcoming sin. In other words, they have to become righteous in their own power of learning right from wrong. Good grief, that is what the Old Covenant was all about, but Romans 7:13 shows the problem. Sin in our nature. What is needed is a brand new spotless, powerful nature that partakes of the divine nature of Christ. 2 Peter 1:2-11. This is why 2 Peter 1:9 shows that only our past sins were cleansed. 1 John 1:9 ideally needs to only happen once. Then the fruit of the Spirit grows to maturity. The result of immature fruit causes minor trespasses, but forgiving others their trespasses against us causes our Advocate to forgive our trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15

Jesus' blood cleanses us of ALL sin; He takes it away, not just covers it up. He does NOT leave us with the old carnal nature of Adam? NO! Jesus is the new Adam. We become partakers of the divine nature of God that does not sin. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ has FREED us from the law of sin and death. Otherwise, we are not born again prepared for heaven. The New Covenant method regarding sin, is completely different than the Old Testament COVERING of sin, like a tarp over a cesspool, leaving the vile stench below.

The question arises from those in the false doctrine. "Then do we never have to repent again?" How many times does Peter say to repent in Acts 2:38? Or in 1 John 1:9? Once. If you truly repent and truly want to be holy, Jesus gives you His powerful sinless Spirit to change your desires. That is what becoming born again is all about. He makes you partakers of the divine nature.

So, no, once you truly repent, you shouldn't have to repent again and again as in the weak doctrine of covering our sin. You have no desire to do anything to repent of. Those desires have been TAKEN AWAY.

Kind of long but why ‘past’ only in Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

(Imo)the key there is ‘that are past’ and the ‘former things’

...wherein the time past you walked according to the course of the world.

...remember in the time past gentiles in the flesh were called uncircumcised by the circumcision in the flesh made by hands

...we all had our conversation in times past in fulfilling) the lust of the flesh, children of wrath

...for the time past may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

...Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Galatians 1:23-24 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. [24] And they glorified God in me.

Hebrews 10:31-32 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. [32] But call to remembrance the former days, (times past) in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

Isaiah 42:9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things (times past)are passed away.

2 Corinthians 5:17-20 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things (times passed) are passed away; behold, all things are become new. [18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; [19] To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. [20] Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Acts 14:14-17 Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, [15] And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein: [16] Who in times past suffered (for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God); who in the past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways. [17] Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

Jeremiah 8:17-22 For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the Lord. [18] When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me. [19] Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Is not the Lord in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities? [20] The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved. [21] For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me. [22] Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?

Times past ‘is there no balm?’
times past ‘is there no physician?’
Luke 5:30-31 But their scribes and Pharisees murmured against his disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners? [31] And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

For the remission of what is ‘past’ ... 2 Corinthians 5:17-20 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would you say grace from God is? With Scripture, please.

What do you think Gnosticism is? Because this isn't that. I hear that accusation used by many people in many cases, generally erroneously.

Ephesians 4
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

There is another that I become curious what you would say about it . . .

Romans 7
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

And I'm curious about something else also.

What is it you are thinking that Adam (the fallen man) wants grace to be?

I'm looking for some substance you your comments. "Elect is as elect does" sounds a bit pithy to me, no offense intended, just looking for substance.

Much love!

Let me know when you want my answer. ;) But you already know it, just curious why you don't believe it.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kind of long but why ‘past’ only in Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

That is all you need to be completely clean and then given the POWER to never get dirty again. That is the power of becoming born again. 2 Peter 1:9 "he was cleansed from his old sins.

Grace is not unmerited favor, but the POWER OF GOD. He puts His power within us. That is why in Romans 8:9 we are no longer in our carnal nature of sin, but in the Spirit. We MUST have the Spirit of God to be called His children. It is not us striving to stop sinning against our nature, but hating sin and loving righteousness NATURALLY by our NEW nature.

2 Peter 1:2-11 Study this.

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all you need to be completely clean and then given the POWER to never get dirty again. That is the power of becoming born again. 2 Peter 1:9 "he was cleansed from his old sins.

Grace is not unmerited favor, but the POWER OF GOD. He puts His power within us. That is why in Romans 8:9 we are no longer in our carnal nature of sin, but in the Spirit. We MUST have the Spirit of God to be called His children. It is not us striving to stop sinning against our nature, but hating sin and loving righteousness NATURAL by our NEW nature.

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

have to sign off here. Will look more closely at it all later. Thank you.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your spirit is good, and that matters more to me than anything else. With respect to the word "covers" I think its a problem over semantics. Words are not fixed, and can mean different things to different people, depending on the context. I'm not sure our difference is theological, and may be simply the implications from our different view and use of the word "cover?"

I do agree that sins are not only "covered" but separated from the believer. That is, we depart from a life of sin, from the carnal life, and begin to live in conformity with Christ.

On the other hand, no matter how righteous we are, our human spirits remained flawed, and affected by the Sin Nature. That is, we do *not* ever become sinless until the New Creation. You also seem to be saying that?

What we will agree on is that the righteous Christian does not, generally, live a life of sin, and does not, generally, live a life in the flesh. We have Christ living inside of us, and we have a New Nature. It is our job to reject the carnal impulses, and to choose for the life of the Spirit.

That being said, we do not ever become sinless in this life, because we have a Sin Nature. We just do not have to capitulate to that life, which is called the "life of the flesh." There is a big difference between being "flawed by sin" and "living a life of the flesh." The Christian normally lives a righteous life, even though he or she has a flawed performance. But those who capitulate to the life of the flesh are not righteous at all, except when they don't indulge the flesh and choose to conform to God's word.
Beautiful!

To clarify, my understanding is that God knows the difference between our old man - the child of Adam, the man of flesh - and our new man - the child of God, His spirit child.

Before the cross, sins were covered, hidden, but not removed. In Christ they are removed, as we are justified.

I'd say I agree with everything you wrote above.

Much love!

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL You misread my answer, so of course I hadn't a clue what you were talking about. I meant those who believe the false doctrine, the truth is UNKNOWN to them.
Ok so you failed to answer my question, and your answer makes no sense in light of my question

once again, can you name people who think God can not see their sin?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me know when you want my answer. ;) But you already know it, just curious why you don't believe it.
I'm curious your answer to this part:

Ephesians 4

And why would you separate "grace" from Christ?

God's grace is His favor towards us in giving us Christ. It is Jesus Christ in us that makes every difference, and without Him, we have nothing.

Much love!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is exactly what she has been promoting all along -- sinless perfection. Since even Paul did not make such a claim, CL is simply giving out false information -- Christian FAKE NEWS.

Well I need her to write it down for me before I proceed with a conversation with her.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Grace is not unmerited favor, but the POWER OF GOD. He puts His power within us. That is why in Romans 8:9 we are no longer in our carnal nature of sin, but in the Spirit. We MUST have the Spirit of God to be called His children. It is not us striving to stop sinning against our nature, but hating sin and loving righteousness NATURALLY by our NEW nature.

your post does bring to mind yes the ‘not as though I had obtained’ but the Philippians 3:12-16 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. [13] Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, (Philippians 2:20-22) I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. [15] Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. [16] Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Philippians 2:5-8 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: [6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: [7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: [8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just by faith says:

Yet it seems to be one of the apostle John's fundamental premises also (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17).

Jde 1:24, Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
1Jo 2:10, He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

Rom 5:5, And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Col 3:14, And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Heb 10:14, For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

No it is not one of Johns fundamental premises.

YOu misapply verses to make them read a person will not sin but yet John gives us 1 JOhn 1:9 for believers who do sin

and then this:

1 John 1:7-9
King James Version

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Now go study the greek, parse these verses and find out that John says that anyone who says they do not sin (anymore) calls Jesus a liar and the truth is not in them!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I have already answered this post a couple days ago. Is this a copy and paste?

No.

You didn't believe me the first time, so I'm not going to repeat myself.

I did not get your "first response" to the reasoning in the post referred to. I also did not post that post previously.

But if you have no answer, I suppose that saying that I made the same statements before and that you already answered them is a good deflection so that you don't have to answer.

You like to believe that don't you?

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, 13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus saves sinners FROM their sin, not so they can keep on being a slave to sin. John 8:34-36

No, I don't "like to believe that". It is what the text bears out to us.

While Paul formerly committed the sins of blasphemy, persecution, and insolency, and also repented of committing those sins, his repentance did not change the fact that he had indwelling sin. Thus he continued to be "the chief of sinners" in the present tense.

As I have always contended, we are sinners in that we all have indwelling sin (1 John 1:8, Romans 7:18, 1 Timothy 1:15); but we are not sinners in that we don't have to commit sins in the practical sense (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17): because the element of sin is rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) in the believer who is sanctified wholly (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 John 3:9; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10; 1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now go study the greek, parse these verses and find out that John says that anyone who says they do not sin (anymore) calls Jesus a liar and the truth is not in them!

1 John 1:8 does not say what you think it does. It is referring to indwelling sin; not practical sins.

It does not say that if we say that we do not sin anymore, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. if it did, it would be contradicting 1 John 3:9 and 1 John 3:6 w/ 1 John 2:17.

It is saying that we all have sin. That is, the element of sin dwells on the inside of all of us.

However, this element can be rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any dominiion over us (Romans 6:14).

As for 1 John 1:10, it is saying that we all have sinned in the past, not necessarily that we will sin in the present or the future; neither that sin is inevitable as goes a certain heresy existing in the church today.

Hope this helps.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We grow in knowledge of what sin is. But those who are born again through repentance will live according to the light they have. Philippians 3:16. God only hates KNOWN sin. The Holy Spirit super-sensitizes our conscience, and works through our conscience. 1 John 3:21-24 shows those who obey their Spirit-filled conscience. That is where God has written His laws.

I remember as a young Spirit-filled Christian doing something that I later found I was doing based on a false teaching. Even though I know it was a sin now, then I didn't, and I could still hear God's voice. Later as I became mature, if I didn't act quickly enough to make something right, I couldn't hear God's voice until I made it right. That is His chastisement for me, because my number one joy is hearing His voice.

Lots of Words to avoid answering a simple question.

I will ask again. You only need reply yes or no! anything else is verbage (verbal garbage) .

Before I proceed, I need to ask you- are you espousing a person live a sinlessly perfect life on earth once they are born again ? Yes or NO!

there is no point talking to you if you will not answer this simple question with a simple answer.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of Words to avoid answering a simple question.

I will ask again. You only need reply yes or no! anything else is verbage (verbal garbage) .

Before I proceed, I need to ask you- are you espousing a person live a sinlessly perfect life on earth once they are born again ? Yes or NO!

there is no point talking to you if you will not answer this simple question with a simple answer.

YES!