The False Doctrine with key word "COVER"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's true!

For myself, all that is not of faith is sin. There is the life that Jesus lives in me, that is to be my life, and anything else falls short!

Much love!

Thank you.

Glory to God,
Taken

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes and always will be unless you are Born again and made alive in Christ. And no it is not:business as usual", because now you have the Spirit of God in you and That spirit cannot sin, what concern does the wine have with the outside of the vessel, you still trying to make the outside clean.

As for feeling better, having no guilt is a good start, its the devil and men that love to fill men with Guilt. How can those who are forgiven be guilty.??
But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. Gal. 2:17, 18

The problem is worse when one has never had the power of sin destroyed in the first place. Then there is no need to "build again" what was once torn down. The superficiality of modern conversions does not affect the sinful nature. So then the victory that is IN Christ is yet unknown.

But that being so it is worse yet to speak against the faith of this victory.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. Gal. 2:17, 18

The problem is worse when one has never had the power of sin destroyed in the first place. Then there is no need to "build again" what was once torn down. The superficiality of modern conversions does not affect the sinful nature. So then the victory that is IN Christ is yet unknown.

But that being so it is worse yet to speak against the faith of this victory.
Everyone needs to have the proper foundation and then allow God to build on that foundation. If the foundation is our own rather than the solid foundation provided in/with/through Jesus then what good will the choice of seemingly even the best of building materials of gold and silver do for us?

My mind, my brain, my logic... even using the written words of scripture... without really knowing God forms a foundation of sand that will be carried away when severe weather hits me. Where is the Rock? Where are we?

Where would Noah have been if he had not followed precisely God's instructions even when he did not know really what was coming:

"Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it." Gen 6:14-16

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith." Heb 11:7

So then should I sit back in my easy chair and presume that the ark does not need to be built by me as God directs me? God did not build the Ark. Do we have any building to do? Are we listening to His voice and working while it is still day... Night is coming!

What lay outside of the Ark? What happened to everything outside of the Ark? If we do not build an Ark as God directs...?

Reactions: Agios and Episkopos

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your totally incomplete belief is blasphemous, YES! You do not know what it is you are actually free from, if you even are.

When you have the indwelling Holy Spirit and are suddenly free from sin, you KNOW it. There is an extreme difference in your nature. But if you are not free, you believe you are just free from condemnation, and can continue to sin as always. Now that is blasphemous and a complete inadequate underplay of the power of the blood of Jesus.

Paul never expected Believers to be “ free from sin”..... if he did , why did he tell his churches that if they had a Brother ( a fellow Saved Believer) “ caught up in some Sin” to be gentle with that person. Why did he tell them to be Gentle ? The person doing the admonishing “ this” time might be the Guilty party the “ next” time!
Read you Bible, would you? And pray for the understanding of it that you sorely lack.....

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh get over yourself, if you insist on opposing Christ by declaring all those who come to Him"Sinners" just because they are not like you,

wadr have you not did the same as you blame her of? Can’t name how many times no one has the relationship you have and all those who read the word (though you quote it) are not like you. How the majority can’t touch or come close to where you are.

I know the power of God, it has declared me "innocent" in the eyes of God, but you would declare all men guilty.

Again, and you don’t?

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone needs to have the proper foundation and then allow God to build on that foundation. If the foundation is our own rather than the solid foundation provided in/with/through Jesus then what good will the choice of seemingly even the best of building materials of gold and silver do for us?

My mind, my brain, my logic... even using the written words of scripture... without really knowing God forms a foundation of sand that will be carried away when severe weather hits me. Where is the Rock? Where are we?

Where would Noah have been if he had not followed precisely God's instructions even when he did not know really what was coming:

"Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it." Gen 6:14-16

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith." Heb 11:7

So then should I sit back in my easy chair and presume that the ark does not need to be built by me as God directs me? God did not build the Ark. Do we have any building to do? Are we listening to His voice and working while it is still day... Night is coming!

What lay outside of the Ark? What happened to everything outside of the Ark? If we do not build an Ark as God directs...?
Whoa! This hit me like a ton of bricks, complete contrast to the famous saying, "Jesus is our Ark', we just plant our feet there, all is done, all is well.

Reactions: amadeus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul never expected Believers to be “ free from sin”..... if he did , why did he tell his churches that if they had a Brother ( a fellow Saved Believer) “ caught up in some Sin” to be gentle with that person. Why did he tell them to be Gentle ? The person doing the admonishing “ this” time might be the Guilty party the “ next” time!
Read you Bible, would you? And pray for the understanding of it that you sorely lack.....

People mainly don't love Jesus...they want something He is offering...namely salvation!

Selfishness.

People don't want truth..they want security...a covering up of their sins and weaknesses. And so Jesus seems to fit that bill.

But the reason why the Jews rejected Jesus was not because they didn't want to "get saved". It was the overkill aspect of Jesus being God.

So then Jesus is perfect and whoever enters into Him takes on that same perfection. But who, in the carnal mind, is looking for perfection? We just want a little improvement...and we'll be happy. So it goes for OUR IDEA of salvation.

But that is not who Jesus is...or God is. Everything He does is perfect and without sin. So they who wish to get involved with Jesus need to raise their standards to His...not lower His standards down to our own.

In Him is NO sin. That is the only truth there is. It's not an "improved life" in Christ.. "a little less sin at a time" in Christ. That is for the unbelievers to look at and be satisfied...since it is limited to what men can do. But that isn't the real Jesus Christ.

In Christ is HIS perfection found..His holiness. He can't lower His standard to include us. We need to have faith and trust in Him to be where He is. We need to stand where He stands. And God doesn't compromise the truth as men do. We either receive the real God or the very popular fake god of the fake gospel that has swept the world with it's popularity.

So then we need to choose a fake Jesus that stands in sin with us...or turn ourselves over to the truth that is in Christ to dwell in HIS perfection and truth.

There is no gradual gospel. (Unless we are talking about the decoy gospel that is from men)

The gospel is about the power of God unto salvation...freedom...from ALL sin. In Him is the presence of God entered into...a reconciliation with a holy God...that never sins.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine of entire sanctification is for those who, along with Paul (as in Romans 7:24) have become discontented with a lifestyle of sin because their conscience afflicts them concerning their sins.
I would heartily disagree with this my friend!

Our desire for sanctification may not match the sanctification God is working in us.

God sanctifies us, we do not sanctify ourselves, would you agree with this?

If you do, would you likewise agree that this says something about the timeline of how/when it happens?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we are not building only for ourselves.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

You plural are the temple of God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still see though, a difference between imputed and imparted :)
Hi Nancy,

I see a difference myself. In that God justifies the ungodly, this is a "reckoned" or imputed righteousness. In that God recreates us righteous and holy, and then trains us to live that way, this is imparted righteousness.

Or so it seems to me.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy,

I see a difference myself. In that God justifies the ungodly, this is a "reckoned" or imputed righteousness. In that God recreates us righteous and holy, and then trains us to live that way, this is imparted righteousness.

Or so it seems to me.

Much love!

I can see how we change after the new birth (or born again) comes about. It is evident to ourselves as well as those who knew us B.C. I used to think sanctification was a one time deal but, I find it does not work that way...I now think it grows as we grow in Him and His ways. It's like the shedding of old skin, like a snake :eek: Then, we become more and more like the "new creature in Christ" It's a lifelong process IMHO. :)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my understanding, sin is all that I think do and say that does not arise from my new life in Christ. Either the source of my human activity is my faith in God, or it's not. If I'm not living out the life of the spirit, alive in Christ which will always produce righteousness, then I'm allowing the flesh it's thing, which will always be sin.

Your thoughts?

Much love!

True, but teh bible helps us define many ways we do or do not live by faith or not.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we look at the whole picture . . . our bodies are not yet redeemed.

That which is born of God does not sin. But that which was born of Adam is dead in sin. And the child of God has both present. I am the child of God that cannot sin. I live in a body - corrupted flesh - that can only sin. In faith we overcome. If our faith falters, we may sin.

Much love!

Hit the nail on the head! When we live in Adam- and then come to our senses- God has given us 1 John 1:9

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it is based on the blood of Jesus as is the New Covenant! In the OT it was the blood of bulls and goats, but that merely covered the sins while the indwelling sin remained. The blood of Jesus takes away our sins to to core and fills us with the Holy Spirit. As far as forgiving others, haven't you read:

John 20:
22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Matthew 6:
For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

REad them many times, but what is the point you are trying to explain with these.

Are you saying of one does not forgive someone or if a church leadership votes or whatever to retains the sins of someone- do you say they are lost?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Fool Nobody......except yourself.In your silly, confused Pride , you think you are “ above” all of the other Believers and reached a level of Perfection in your Body Of Flesh. Big Mistake. As I said.....” You have Secret Thoughts That Would Shame Hell itself” and bad thoughts are bad as the deed itself...
I hope Newbies to the Faith can use this example to see how dangerous the Bible is to those who that do not understand it......I suspect that deep inside her, she has greatly misunderstood verses like Hebrews 6 and 10 and has to conjure-up some kind of Doctrine that gives her day-to -day “ peace”and allows her to sleep at night....
This is what happens when you reject a free gift and think instead that you have to merit it .God provided his ONLY Proper Way to sleep at night AND be full of Joy in the day. That “WAY” is to Rest in His Gospel—— a Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing.Your UnBiblical and delusional religion that you conjured up up has its origins in Hell and I think you are in serious jeopardy of being lost...if you preach a false Gospel ( anything that disagrees with 1Cor15:1-4) you are “ Accursed”...... you are smart enough to know what that means......for those of you that don’t know what “ Accursed” means....it means Damnation....One does not mess with the Gospel.....

What is your definition of Grace, and how does it affect the sins you commit in your life?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think a true Christian with the Holy Spirit in them sins in the present and future? That is part of the false doctrine.

No, it is called the reality of growing in grace and being conformed. YOu have been convinced you already are conformed to the image of Jesus and thus perfect in thought word and deed. Scripture calls that a lie! but the rest of all believers knows we are unlearning the old ways (which just don't magically disappear at salvation) and are learning the new ways by hiding the word in our hearts!

If believers stop sinning at salvation for the rest of their lives, then there would be no need for Romans 12:1-2

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REad them many times, but what is the point you are trying to explain with these.

Are you saying of one does not forgive someone or if a church leadership votes or whatever to retains the sins of someone- do you say they are lost?

I have no idea about the retaining of sins, personally. But I try very hard to never hold back forgiveness of any sins someone commits against me. Every night I think about if there is anything. I'm not really addressing this answer to you, as you have unbelief. I'm addressing anyone, who like me, have integrity of heart and are conscious of the warnings in our New Covenant, and will accept the advice of a mature Christian who knows the time to get it right is short.

Reactions: Nancy