The False Doctrine with key word "COVER"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, it was not very well worded :oops:
I have known a few Christians who take Gods grace for granted. Someone who attended a church I belonged to for a while had said to me a few times over a few years..."oh, everybody lies" It was in reference to something to do with her SSI. IOW-she wanted to "cheat", rather than trust the Lord. Her pastor thinks she is a spirit filled Christian...she stayed in my upper rooms for 2 years, when she had any and anyone who would help her to move out. She cleaned me out. Took many things of mine. Boxes of sensitive information, photos, a tv, an air conditioner, and several other things. Another, who is a high school friend and attends the church I now go to sleeps with her boyfriends and thinks God "understands". Admittedly, I don't personally know many like this but, I know they are out there. Their lives show it...and they say they are saved. Living together outside of marriage, doing worldly things and such. These are the ones I am speaking about who think that God no longer sees their sin but see Jesus instead.
I can only see God seeing Jesus if He is actually IN us. :)
Just goes to show not everyone who claims to be saved is saved. Not sure why your pastor thought she was saved.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ah yes, semantics! "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof." Romans 6:12

Reign:

verb
  1. hold royal office; rule as king or queen.
    "Queen Elizabeth reigns over the UK"

Similar:
    be king/queen
    be monarch
    be sovereign
    sit on the throne
    occupy the throne
    wear the crown
    wield the scepter
    hold sway

rule

govern

be in power
    ruling

regnant
    on the throne
  2. Reigning to me just means that whatever reigns in our hearts or, has dominion over us is a complete thing yet, even though we want and pray that God Himself reign over us...we are broken and will miss the mark at times. It is in the repentance of such sin, especially the sin that "so besets us"...we are not (IMHO) sinless but if we are truly seeking God and His ways, we will sin LESS. :)
  3. So, reigning is something that dominates IMO.
noun
  1. the period during which a sovereign rules.
    "the original chapel was built in the reign of Charles I"

Sin dwells in our body and, we can choose to sin or not. A BAC does not desire to sin yet...IMHO, we have NOT yet been perfected as Christ is. We run for the prize! We fall, stumble...we get back up again and re-join that race where our salvation is being worked out of us as it was worked inside us. So, allowing something to reign is something that takes over and puts oneself on the throne rather than God.
Our flesh, or sinful nature, war against our new nature, or new man?
Oh how we would love to be as perfect as He is perfect...one day! :)
@Nancy Psalm 32.1 is relevant also: "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith
Amadeus said:
Unless we had perfect discernment ourselves with regard to the heart of everyone else, how could we recognize a sinless person when we met one?
justbyfaith said:
I didn't say sinless...I said perfect.
While I also see a difference between the two things in scripture I do not believe that in this case changing my statement to read "recognize a perfect person" instead of "recognize a sinless person" would ultimately make a difference in my point. Jesus was able to see a person's heart and responded accordingly without stumbling. How like Jesus are we at the moment? Are we still coming up short or do we still do some stumbling?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the divine nature feel like to you?

My upbringing is ambiguous because I've been in church from day one. I've literally been talking with God all of my life. My 1st 16 years, however, were a weak form of spirituality. Just before I turned 17 I recommitted my life to Christ, and read, a little while later, a Scripture telling me that God gives His Spirit to those who obey Him. I immediately felt filled with the Spirit from that time on. As I got more mature, the spiritual experience seemed drier, which I now see as entering a more mature period of growth, leaving the "joys" of childhood behind. ;)

Having God in my life causes me to want to be good, to please God. Turning away from obedience made me miserable in my teens. I was so happy to return to God, even though there seemed to be no reward whatsoever in this world! Later, after a time of learning discipline, things began to happen. But I've come to value God's good pleasure above all else, even when it seems He's withdrawn His presence from me. At this late stage in my life, I'm much more confident that God is with me all the time, for the duration. I've never doubted my salvation, since I was raised up in it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, you are the one who said we are free from the "consequences" of sin, another aspect of the false doctrine. That is not true. Read Paul's warning in Romans 6:15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

The New Covenant is not like the Old Covenant of keeping rules through a SIN NATURE. No! The New Covenant is the death of the sin nature, and receiving a new nature that partakes of the divine nature of God! Jeremiah 31:31 shows that the eternal laws of God - the righteous requirements of the law (Romans 8:3 He condemned sin in the flesh [killing the old nature of sin], 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit, are written on our hearts/new nature.

You still believe that we can sin with no consequences. What could be clearer that that is a doctrine of demons.

Have you not noticed, that there was only one found worthy, and it was not you. And for how long will you insist on condemning the righteous, and for how long will you insist that His righteousness is sin, if it is enough for Christ that they believe why is it not enough for you. No one will make it by any other reason than Gods grace, yet you keep insisting that its not enough. So what did Jesus die for, Teh law has no bearing on our salvation, neither has sin, that is all done, you know that part, it is finished, are you saying it was never finished?? and that Jesus lied and the job was never completed. Calling the righteous sinners is truly not from God.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way we can resurrect our old sin nature like a dog going back to his own vomit is by quenching the Spirit. Paul commanded us to not quench the Spirit. Those who do, believing in OSAS will not save them.

Yes, we're talking about two different things here. I'm talking about having flawed human spirits, which is part of our spiritual DNA, inherited from Adam and Eve. We have a sin nature, but we do not live in it as Christians. We can backslide, but this is not the normal Christian life. For the normal Christian life, it is normal to have bouts of sin, which is nothing more than tantrums. We do not live in them, but quickly repent of them, as soon as we come to our senses. It is not normal to stay there, or to fall to great depths, though that can happen too.

When I talk about our having a Sin Nature, I'm not talking about living in the Flesh, or about going back and forth from a life in the Flesh to a life in the Spirit. It is normal for Christians to have minute sins from day to day, and even from hour to hour at times. But these are more "flaws" that "great sins." We get too angry, or we get proud--that kind of thing. We confess them, and they are forgiven.

But it's important to note that even Christians can backslide, which is not what kind of life the Christian is called to. It is not normal. So let me be clear about that. Going from godly living to an occasional error is not the same thing as going from living in the Spirit to living in the flesh. The Christian should *never* live in the flesh. But *all Christians* sin every day in small ways, without even abandoning life in the Spirit. It's just hard to say that you're "living in the Spirit" at the same time that you're yelling at your spouse! ;)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My upbringing is ambiguous because I've been in church from day one. I've literally been talking with God all of my life. My 1st 16 years, however, were a weak form of spirituality. Just before I turned 17 I recommitted my life to Christ, and read, a little while later, a Scripture telling me that God gives His Spirit to those who obey Him. I immediately felt filled with the Spirit from that time on. As I got more mature, the spiritual experience seemed drier, which I now see as entering a more mature period of growth, leaving the "joys" of childhood behind. ;)

Having God in my life causes me to want to be good, to please God. Turning away from obedience made me miserable in my teens. I was so happy to return to God, even though there seemed to be no reward whatsoever in this world! Later, after a time of learning discipline, things began to happen. But I've come to value God's good pleasure above all else, even when it seems He's withdrawn His presence from me. At this late stage in my life, I'm much more confident that God is with me all the time, for the duration. I've never doubted my salvation, since I was raised up in it.
I would by God's grace date my salvation from when I was born again, rather than my my upbringing.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith

While I also see a difference between the two things in scripture I do not believe that in this case changing my statement to read "recognize a perfect person" instead of "recognize a sinless person" would ultimately make a difference in my point. Jesus was able to see a person's heart and responded accordingly without stumbling. How like Jesus are we at the moment? Are we still coming up short or do we still do some stumbling?
Except that there is no one who is sinless (1 John 1:8); while there are those who are perfect (Hebrews 10:14); in that sin, while dwelling in them, is rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any dominion over them (Romans 6:14).