The False Doctrine with key word "COVER"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt that God enjoys casting anyone into the lake of fire. And a good parent will call the police.

Did you not read the progression from faith to love in 2 Peter 1:5-7? Why are you arguing with me on this? The passage is clear that this is a process, a progression. From what? Sin? No! The maturity of perfection to being like Christ.
CL, I'm not arguing, but pointing out... ok. better known as ... discussion?

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the whole concept of imputed righteousness. God credits to the account of the ungodly person, His righteousness, because of their faith (Romans 4:5).

Actually, Romans 4 is before Christ, and in the middle of Paul's teaching on sin, the law, and righteousness. Christ not only puts His righteous Spirit inside us, but actually makes us righteous. We can now fulfill the righteous requirements of the law because of being born again of the Spirit of Christ.

Another key phrase besides "cover," "past, present and future sins are forgiven," is the phrase "imputed righteousness." In other words, the false doctrine that we can never be righteous even with our new nature. Or being blind to the new nature's power to be righteous. 1 John 3:7 "He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous." Demons do not want us to recognize who we are in Christ.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet it seems to be one of the apostle John's fundamental premises also (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17).
If you really think this is what John meant, are you claiming to be sinlessly perfect? So let's try to understand what John was teaching in the above verses.

THE ETERNAL SECURITY OF THE BELIEVER IS GUARANTEED
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. (1 John 2:17)
The will of God is (1) for sinners to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and (2) for saints to walk in the Spirit. But as we see in Galatians, Christians will not always walk in the Spirit since there is a constant conflict between the flesh and the Spirit, and there will be times when the flesh will dominate. But the eternal security of the believer -- who is in Christ -- is guaranteed.

THOSE WHO ABIDE IN CHRIST DO NOT CHOOSE TO WILFULLY SIN. THOSE WHO SIN HABITUALLY ARE NOT EVEN IN CHRIST
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. (1 John 3:6)
This does not mean sinless perfection, since it is John himself who tells Christians that they are not sinlessly perfect (1 John 1:8-10).

THE NEW NATURE OF THE BELIEVER CANNOT SIN
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9)
When a person is born again -- regenerated -- he or she receives a new nature. The dead spirit is *quickened* or made alive and the Holy Spirit dwells within this spirit. This spirit cannot sin because the Holy Spirit is within. However, since the flesh has not been eradicated, the child of God can still allow the flesh to dominate, and this leads to sin. Hence all the exhortations in Scripture to walk in the Spirit.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CL, I'm not arguing, but pointing out... ok. better known as ... discussion?

PICJAG

Read it again. I did edit that you weren't arguing, but still not getting what 2 Peter 1:5-7 is about.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
correct, this is a spiiritual warfare. not with knifs and guns, no, a warfare of the mind, again, Romans 6:12 "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof."

understand, your flesh cannot do nothing without your permission.

example, your arm/flesh cannot rise up above your head unless you give it permission. see it's about the seat of authority. so who sits in your seat? the Lord Jesus or ... notice how I say this, "or you".

why do you think we have the helper? ... we need H E L P.

PICJAG
This is why we are encouraged to put on the mind of Christ, the mortal body is animated by the mind, (flesh)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE ETERNAL SECURITY OF THE BELIEVER IS GUARANTEED
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. (1 John 2:17)
The will of God is (1) for sinners to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and (2) for saints to walk in the Spirit. But as we see in Galatians, Christians will not always walk in the Spirit since there is a constant conflict between the flesh and the Spirit, and there will be times when the flesh will dominate. But the eternal security of the believer -- who is in Christ -- is guaranteed.

The eternal security is based on our DOING the will of God. Did you misread that key word?

I certainly do not agree that a Christian goes in and out of being filled with the Spirit and being able to continuously walk in the Spirit. If that is what you believe, you are deliberately shooting yourself in the foot. Paul commanded us to not quench the Spirit, and yet you believe we will. Rise up and walk like Christ. After all Peter said if you do the things he said you will NEVER STUMBLE. 2 Peter 1:2-11

cc: @101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why we are encouraged to put on the mind of Christ, the mortal body is animated by the mind, (flesh)
WOH, you're going to made me come through this internet... (smile). BINGO, couldn't have said it better. oh what a joy to see christian and brothers seeing the light. THANK YOU.

and may God bless you and your Family.... I mean that..

boy oh boy I almost jump for joy there... when that answer came up. Good job WOH.

PICJAG

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our body cannot sin unless our nature commands it to. What is dead is the source of sin, the Adamic nature of sin. Romans 7:13. Our nature/spirit is born again, Romans 8:9. It died on the cross with Jesus, and was resurrected with Jesus. BUT, our body still has to die to match our divine nature, Romans 8:10. Our body will become immortal once Jesus returns and resurrects our bodies.

be transformed by the renewing of the mind.

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read it again. I did edit that you weren't arguing, but still not getting what 2 Peter 1:5-7 is about.
building our ... your faith is important in growing up. read WOH post above #85

nuff said,

PICJAG

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth
You said in the other forum:
Than tell us we are all sinners, either HE has or HE has not. Or as Paul put it.

Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Isnt it up to Jesus to take care of us, If He will not impute Sin on us, will you insist on doing it for Him, It is finished is it not.

Committing sin is finished, yes. But you are reading Romans 7 out of context. This is about the Jews under the law who had to keep the law with their carnal nature Romans 7:13. It is the law of sin and death. You have no power over the sin in your nature, but your mind knows the law.

Jesus cured that never ending dilemma by giving us a new nature. It is called being born again.

Romans 8:2 "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." Paul is saying that the bondage he used to be in, he is now FREE from. He can now fulfill the righteous requirements of the law without struggle.
Do you even know what sin is, all you speak of is sin, does not that mean you too are in bondage to it, we are free from the consequence you said so yourself, so where is the bondage, next thing youll raise the freedom to sin, thingy that the religious and lawyers love, and there again added the Law to grace, what has the law to do with grace, Are you you sure you are not a SDA, you keep going off like one, You are saved by grace not by keeping the law, even you yourself said it did nothing, than you keep adding it. This bit

Luk 5:36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, brother!

cc: @101G
what did I say CL Hebrews 12:2

I must admit that response from WOH, well I just might kick up my heels and a get a cold one and sit on the back porach at 17:30 hours and be like a bug in the shade, laying on his right side..... (smile)... and hey, that cold one is "ICE TEA", and not the rapper.... (smile)... lol. .

PICJAG

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you even know what sin is, all you speak of is sin, does not that mean you too are in bondage to it, we are free from the consequence you said so yourself, so where is the bondage, next thing youll raise the freedom to sin, thingy that the religious and lawyers love, and there again added the Law to grace, what has the law to do with grace, Are you you sure you are not a SDA, you keep going off like one, You are saved by grace not by keeping the law, even you yourself said it did nothing, than you keep adding it. This bit

Luk 5:36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

No, you are the one who said we are free from the "consequences" of sin, another aspect of the false doctrine. That is not true. Read Paul's warning in Romans 6:15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

The New Covenant is not like the Old Covenant of keeping rules through a SIN NATURE. No! The New Covenant is the death of the sin nature, and receiving a new nature that partakes of the divine nature of God! Jeremiah 31:31 shows that the eternal laws of God - the righteous requirements of the law (Romans 8:3 He condemned sin in the flesh [killing the old nature of sin], 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit, are written on our hearts/new nature.

You still believe that we can sin with no consequences. What could be clearer that that is a doctrine of demons.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you really think this is what John meant, are you claiming to be sinlessly perfect?

No, I am claiming that I have sin...but that when I am abiding in Christ, it is rendered dead within me (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8).

In 1 John 3:6, it is clear that the one who abideth in Him sinneth not.

In 1 john 2:17, the one who does the will of God abideth (sinneth not) for ever.

And in 1 John 3:9, we find that the one who is born of God cannot sin.

I know that there are many who read these scriptures according to their own experience instead of reading their experience according to these scriptures.

They say, "I want to believe that I am born again; and therefore this scripture cannot be saying that the born of God cannot sin; because I sin."

Instead of saying, "This scripture says that the born of God cannot sin. I sin; therefore I must not be born of God yet."

In the latter scenario, it ought to motivate the person to seek the Lord until they obtain the second benefit that is spoken of in 2 Corinthians 1:15; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14, and 1 John 3:9; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, and 1 John 2:10; and 1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, and 1 John 2:6.

Deu 4:29, But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Jer 29:13, And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Reactions: mjrhealth

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what did I say CL Hebrews 12:2

I must admit that response from WOH, well I just might kick up my heels and a get a cold one and sit on the back porach at 17:30 houes and be like a bug in the shade, laying on his right side..... (smile)... and hey, that cold one is "ICE TEA", and not the rapper.... (smile)... lol. .

PICJAG

Sounds refreshing. I'm drinking hot tea - Jiaogulan tea.