1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The false gospel of grace

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by Hobie, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Episkopos

Episkopos Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

..better to remain safe with a paper God...(bible only) than risk an encounter with the living God. o_O

2. stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    We men are pretty predictable aren't we? If we approach the mountain we will die, and we don't even want to hear God speak because its too frightening so YOU tell us what God said...And cover your face too because it terrifies us that you glow after you hear from Him...

3. Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    What makes you think that those who insist on the discipline of the word over experience are opposed to "an encounter with the living God"? I had such an experience and I am very grateful that I did have it. One way to test whether the experience is a real encounter with God (vs. a demonic encounter) is if it ignites a greater passion for God and especially His word. The devil will never draw humans to the word of God because he knows that they will be much more able to see through his schemes if they are Bible literate. Out of my direct encounter with God, I developed a passion for His word--and before that, I was a lackluster Bible student (at best).

4. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It really is. And I also wouldn't disparage the younger generation like that.

He can do a better job of relating the truth to us if we are reading a translation that has His words in it as He desires for us to hear them.

If the way that the words are related is corrupted, then perhaps He can still relay His message...just not specifically through the words in question. He would have to supernaturally testify that what He means by certain verses in certain translations is something other than what you might be reading in that translation.

And of course, He has actually done this with me in the past, showing me that there was a doctrine that is so much more easily found in the kjv but which is still findable (with a lot more work) in the nkjv.

My response was to switch to the kjv where His message is more easily found.

5. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    KJV versus Modern Translations

6. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
  7. stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Oh...I'm just now seeing
    I think maybe Satan would prefer that a man have scripture than he have a relationship with Jesus and His Spirit. Satan knows men and he knows scripture and can twist it all sorts of ways to convince a man that he understands it when he absolutely doesn't.

Look at all the men who spent their entire lives, even from young childhood, with a focus on Gods written word and yet Jesus told them, your mistake is that you don't know scripture and you don't know God.

Can you imagine devoting your entire LIFE to that study and then to be told that?? And their reaction was to run around, following, harassing and arguing with Jesus and the men who actually DID encounter and intimately know Him. They said, what will we do?? Now everyone will follow HIM instead of our interpretations!

quietthinker and Episkopos like this.
  8. Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Well, there's an old saying: "Word alone, you dry up; "Spirit" alone, you blow up; Word and Spirit, you grow up." Both the word of God and the Word of God are essential in living out what God encourages us to live. Psalm 119:105--->"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." What it doesn't say is that it is what puts you on the path in the first place. That is by the Spirit of God--and He goes where He wants to go. The word is necessary to keep us from being seduced by "every wind of doctrine" or even the "doctrine of demons". But it is obviously not all that is needed. Otherwise, the religious authorities would not have caused the crucifixion of the Lord of Glory.

Exactly so. You can only really know Scripture by the Holy Spirit.

Their hearts were definitely not right before God. They were following their father, the devil--who knows Scripture better than any human and he is VERY skillful at twisting it. He hates God and His word, as well as His Word, who is the Living Word as well as the Light of the World.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    stunnedbygrace likes this.
  9. marks

marks Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I think Benny Hinn teaches that too. But that's not what I meant, thank you for your clarification!

Much love!

Lady Crosstalk likes this.
  10. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    WOF

Lady Crosstalk likes this.
  11. Jon Mathews

Jon Mathews Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Your title is "The False Gospel of Grace". What then is your Gospel? What is the Good News you are preaching to everyone? What do you say the Gospel is?