The false Messiah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
What really gets me is people who think they know everything when they dont know squat.
Saying the false prophet who pours all this wealth into his millitary in Daniel cant be a US president who happens to be the most powerful man in the world commanding the most powerful military the world has ever seen.They just cant believe a man who can command fire to come down out of heaven as the false prophet does in revelation can be the same man who can comands the millitary that they themselves love.

Leave then.
You might study but you sure have no understanding.
It is the beaast that has ten horns .Not the false prophet.

Have you ever considered that there is a biblical criteria for anti-christ and false prophet?

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Have you ever considered that there is a biblical criteria for anti-christ and false prophet?

According to scripture an antichrist claims Christ has not come such as the people in Israel.There are 8 million people there who deny the Son and have not the father .There are 8 million there who claim Christ has not come.They are antichrist according to scripture.

The false prophet however is mentioned in revelation.
Though there is much written about him he is often called an antichrist by people who dont know who or what he is.
And he is not against the Israeli goverment as you say.In fact he trys to save that which he thinks is Israel.As a savior he marks those of that kingdom.It is the christians that are killed there .No where in scripture can you find the false prophet oppose the Israeli goverment.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
According to scripture an antichrist claims Christ has not come such as the people in Israel.There are 8 million people there who deny the Son and have not the father .There are 8 million there who claim Christ has not come.They are antichrist according to scripture.

The false prophet however is mentioned in revelation.
Though there is much written about him he is often called an antichrist by people who dont know who or what he is.
And he is not against the Israeli goverment as you say.In fact he trys to save that which he thinks is Israel.As a savior he marks those of that kingdom.It is the christians that are killed there .No where in scripture can you find the false prophet oppose the Israeli goverment.

It sounds to me like you're in one of those churches that denies the first part of what John said in 1 John 2:18 that they had heard that antichrist would come. Where or when did they first hear that?

Our Lord Jesus and His Apostle Paul covered both concepts of a singualr antichrist working great signs and wonders on earth to deceive the world with, and also the idea of many antichrists that do that false one's bidding.

If you understand about the "tares" parable, then you should realize that's about false ones ("many antichrists") being mixed in among the GOOD WHEAT (Judah). That's why we cannot claim deceived unbelieving Israel as antichrist, especially since Paul showed us that God has blinded them per Romans 11:25 forward. Thus there are deceived Jews today in Israel, and in the world, that have every... intention of following God, and think they are, although the "tares" among them are misleading them, preparing them to bow to the coming false messiah instead. Nor should it be a mystery that those "tares" also exist among Christ's Church, and will mislead the five foolish virgins into the same future iniquity of bowing to the coming pseudo-Christ.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Nearly every US President has been labeled as the antichrist.

Why stop now. !!!

Who labeled who an antichrist?
You missed the point of this thread.

It sounds to me like you're in one of those churches that denies the first part of what John said in 1 John 2:18 that they had heard that antichrist would come. Where or when did they first hear that?

Our Lord Jesus and His Apostle Paul covered both concepts of a singualr antichrist working great signs and wonders on earth to deceive the world with, and also the idea of many antichrists that do that false one's bidding.

If you understand about the "tares" parable, then you should realize that's about false ones ("many antichrists") being mixed in among the GOOD WHEAT (Judah). That's why we cannot claim deceived unbelieving Israel as antichrist, especially since Paul showed us that God has blinded them per Romans 11:25 forward. Thus there are deceived Jews today in Israel, and in the world, that have every... intention of following God, and think they are, although the "tares" among them are misleading them, preparing them to bow to the coming false messiah instead. Nor should it be a mystery that those "tares" also exist among Christ's Church, and will mislead the five foolish virgins into the same future iniquity of bowing to the coming pseudo-Christ.

the term antichrist is not useed for the one who performs miracles.
He is called the false prophet ,son of pedition,manof sin.He is also called the king of the north in Daniel.

But no where is that man called an antichrist.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
the term antichrist is not useed for the one who performs miracles.
He is called the false prophet ,son of pedition,manof sin.He is also called the king of the north in Daniel.

But no where is that man called an antichrist.

No, that won't work. The word "antichrist" is made up of two Greek words in the NT manuscripts, 'anti' and 'Christos'. The Greek word 'anti' does not mean only 'against', but also 'in place of' or 'instead of'. And per John's definition later, it's ANYONE who denies Christ Jesus. Would that include Satan then?

YES! For Satan is the chief denier that Jesus is The Christ, the origin of that denial starting with the devil when he first coveted Christ's place at his original rebellion.

That's what John was pointing out in the first phrase of 1 John 2:18, the idea that they had already heard that antichrist should come. Our Lord Jesus in Matt.24 and Mark 13, Apostle Paul in 2 Thess.2, covered BOTH ideas, that of a coming singular antichrist, and the idea of many antichrists that follow the devil.

In Matt.24 Jesus covers first the 'many' that come in His name saying they are Christ, and then later a specific warning about 'a pseudo-Christ' ("false Christ" per the Greek) that's to come actually working great signs and miracles to deceive with.

In 2 Thess.2, Paul covers BOTH also, the first about the man of sin, a singular one coming to sit in the temple as God working those same signs and wonders to deceive with, while also later the subject of the "mystery of iniquity" (the antichrist's little helpers, i.e., the "many antichrists").

Even with the idea of John's "spirit of antichrist" there's no way to get around how that's pointing to the spirit of a singular antichrist which many receive.

Then, if one really wants more evidence about a singular antichrist that's to come, they can go read how the early Church fathers interpreted 1 John 2:18 in relation to the false one of Daniel 11, Matt.24:23-26, 2 Thess.2:3-4, and Rev.13:11-16.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh brother...

Com' mon!

Shilohfoot, are you going to apologize on November 3rd when Obama is declared the President for his 2nd term?

I sure would love a list of failed Christian interpreted prophecies from the book of Daniel for the passed 2,000 years or so - I am sure IT would fill volumes.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Shilohsfoal, if you were to check Scripture for the characteristics of who you claim Romney to be, where he is supposed to come out of, and even more importantly WHEN he is going to show up in the scheme of what takes place, you will see for yourself that you could be more wrong, but you'd really have to work on it.

As a side note, I believe Brack Obama will win re-election in Nov. I believe with my whole heart that it is because we have turned our back so completely on God that He is returning the favor.

I predict that once he does win re-election, Shilosfoal will do like the guys who pretdicted that the Rapture was coming last April...he will quietly fade into the woodwork and we won't hear from him again.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shilohsfoal, if you were to check Scripture for the characteristics of who you claim Romney to be, where he is supposed to come out of, and even more importantly WHEN he is going to show up in the scheme of what takes place, you will see for yourself that you could be more wrong, but you'd really have to work on it.

As a side note, I believe Brack Obama will win re-election in Nov. I believe with my whole heart that it is because we have turned our back so completely on God that He is returning the favor.

I predict that once he does win re-election, Shilosfoal will do like the guys who pretdicted that the Rapture was coming last April...he will quietly fade into the woodwork and we won't hear from him again.

Or he will pull a 'Hal Lindsey' and proudly start teaching on TBN or his own radio show, as if his prophecy actually came true.......

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Who do you say?

The Devil himself, in person, on this earth. We are told about his casting out of heaven back in Rev.12:9 forward, which is given with time markers that cannot apply to the time of his original rebellion of old.

If some find that hard to accept, then they might want to reconsider what they've been listening to, because men's doctrines on this matter exist to get one away from understanding how the final Antichrist coming will be the devil himself on this earth working those great signs and miracles our Lord Jesus and His Apostles foretold us.

This is why... so many of men's doctrines deny the coming of a singular Antichrist, or they always want us to point to some flesh man on earth today, or to look for some flesh born man.

With Rev.17 and Rev.11 telling us about the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit, we should automatically understand that is not about any flesh born man, but the Devil himself.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Veteran, I do teach that Satan over-takes the body of the Beast at the Abomination of Desolation and is the reason an image is made of the Beast and where the life comes from that Satan gves that image. Now other than this tiny little difference ( and could be no difference )... I completely agree with what you posted above.

The reason for over-taking the body of the Beast is to have " histoy " for if he just plopped unto the earth he would not even have cab fare to get anywhere. ( for humorous example ) or do you think.... as far as money goes... we can't take it with us... but he can bring it?

Possible re-consideration on my part may be needed as Obama has not proven he is a native born American yet he is in office. Of course, even he has a history, though it may all be fake.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All this elaborate interpretation about the role of the Beast and the End Times makes me chuckle......as if humanity is so clever that the Devil has to work overtime to get the jump on us.......of course, the whole narrative speaks more about our own arrogance than the Devil's trickery. Com'mon people! Jesus called us blind for a reason! We are pigeons waiting to be plucked! After all, it hardly took any amount of political intrigue or even one twist or turn to deceive us the first time......he did it with fruit, remember? Think we any smarter today? The reality is, the Devil could stay in bed and phone it in.....

Forget all this speculation and storytelling.......forsake yourselves and follow Jesus by loving God and serving your neighbor. His redemption, not ghost stories, is the remedy for our pride.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Veteran, I do teach that Satan over-takes the body of the Beast at the Abomination of Desolation and is the reason an image is made of the Beast and where the life comes from that Satan gves that image. Now other than this tiny little difference ( and could be no difference )... I completely agree with what you posted above.

The reason for over-taking the body of the Beast is to have " histoy " for if he just plopped unto the earth he would not even have cab fare to get anywhere. ( for humorous example ) or do you think.... as far as money goes... we can't take it with us... but he can bring it?

Possible re-consideration on my part may be needed as Obama has not proven he is a native born American yet he is in office. Of course, even he has a history, though it may all be fake.

What many fail to understand within God's Word is that beings of the heavenly order do not need... a flesh body to manifest upon this earth in our earthly dimension. This right here should be enough to show that...

Heb 13:2
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
(KJV)

The two angels sent to Lot with appearance of the image of man, able to eat man's food...

Gen 19:1-5
1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
(KJV)

The power given the two angels sent to Lot included their taking part in the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, showing they were not just flesh men...

Gen 19:11-13
11 And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.
12 And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:
13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.
(KJV)

If there is anything the devil does not want God's people to understand for the last days, it is especially the two dimension concept written in God's Word about flesh vs. spirit, and how they can interlace with each other. What do I mean by that?

When the the devil took our Lord Jesus up on a high pinnacle to offer Him all the kingdoms of this world (Luke 4), what kind of body was our Lord Jesus in? How was our Lord Jesus transfigured upon the mount, even prior to His crucifixion? How could He appear to Abraham along with those two angels that brought Lot and his family out of Sodom and Gomorrah? (Gen.18). How was it possible that the children of Israel were able to eat angel's food in the wilderness, the "manna" of Exodus 16? How is it that we could entertain heavenly angels and not be aware they are angels per the Hebrews 13:2 verse? How could God's prophets and Apostles be given to see heavenly visions while their flesh bodies were still alive upon the earth? Even Isaiah thought he had died when he was given to see The LORD of hosts upon a throne per Isaiah 6.

Why am I even bothering to remind God's people of these things that are clearly written in His Word when most brethren have read about all those events, yet they still haven't believed it as written?

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Vet wrote: " What many fail to understand within God's Word is that beings of the heavenly order do not need... a flesh body to manifest upon this earth in our earthly dimension. This right here should be enough to show that...

2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
(KJV) "

Yes Vet, but Satan is cast down. Though I do not claim that when he overtakes the body of the beast he does not edify it with his beauty and possibly any imortal ability he posesses... but that he does take over the body of the beast all the same.

The two angels sent to Lot with appearance of the image of man, able to eat man's food...
And... they were able to be harmed....

When the the devil took our Lord Jesus up on a high pinnacle to offer Him all the kingdoms of this world

Ok one of the Atheists paradoxes they present to prove God does not exist. Let us desroy it. See Satan took Jesus to an exceedingly high mountain and offered Jesus reign over all he could see... NOT the entire World... but Only what he could see.. for if it was more..then who would Satan reign over? Atheists claim that passge proves God does not exist because it claims Jesus would rule the entire world and he could not see theentire world because the world is flat. Boy are these people dumb. Now, does one think Satan asked Jesus to bow once or forever? I claim... once! for even Satan knew he could not obtain Jesus's position in Heaven foe Jesus is the Son of God.... nah though certainly Satan would have liked that Jesus would ave agreed to bow to him forever....but certainly he... Satan has to know now as well as then...that it would never be so. Just one little bow would have done what Satan wanted.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Vet wrote: " What many fail to understand within God's Word is that beings of the heavenly order do not need... a flesh body to manifest upon this earth in our earthly dimension. This right here should be enough to show that...

(KJV) "

Yes Vet, but Satan is cast down. Though I do not claim that when he overtakes the body of the beast he does not edify it with his beauty and possibly any imortal ability he posesses... but that he does take over the body of the beast all the same.

And... they were able to be harmed....

When the the devil took our Lord Jesus up on a high pinnacle to offer Him all the kingdoms of this world

Ok one of the Atheists paradoxes they present to prove God does not exist. Let us desroy it. See Satan took Jesus to an exceedingly high mountain and offered Jesus reign over all he could see... NOT the entire World... but Only what he could see.. for if it was more..then who would Satan reign over? Atheists claim that passge proves God does not exist because it claims Jesus would rule the entire world and he could not see theentire world because the world is flat. Boy are these people dumb. Now, does one think Satan asked Jesus to bow once or forever? I claim... once! for even Satan knew he could not obtain Jesus's position in Heaven foe Jesus is the Son of God.... nah though certainly Satan would have liked that Jesus would ave agreed to bow to him forever....but certainly he... Satan has to know now as well as then...that it would never be so. Just one little bow would have done what Satan wanted.

Satan and his angels have not... been cast out the heavenly just yet.

The idea that the two angels sent to Lot could be harmed by flesh men is supposition, an idea suggesting they had flesh bodies. That kind of idea is nowhere written in God's Word.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
Satan and his angels have not... been cast out the heavenly just yet.

How can Jesus reign supreme if Satan has a place in Heaven?
Has not Satan pursued the woman Israel to include the First Jewish Revolt of 67-70 A.D.?

Is Satan still falsely accusing Jesus to this day? Zec 3:1
How long is two thousand years to an immortal being? 2Pe 3:8

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
How can Jesus reign supreme if Satan has a place in Heaven?
Has not Satan pursued the woman Israel to include the First Jewish Revolt of 67-70 A.D.?

Is Satan still falsely accusing Jesus to this day? Zec 3:1
How long is two thousand years to an immortal being? 2Pe 3:8

Have you not read about Lazarus and the rich man per our Lord Jesus in Luke 16?

There's a place of separation in the heavenly between God's Abode and the abode of hell, where Satan's pit prison is.

When Christ returns, there's going to be a place of separation between His saints in the beloved city on earth, and the wicked outside it (Rev.22:14-15; Rev.20; Matt.25).

In Ezekiel 28 where God uses the prince and king of Tyrus as anti-types for Satan, and then Satan is directly mentioned as the cherub that covereth, God revealed that Satan is going to turned to ashes UPON THIS EARTH.

Ezek 28:14-19
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
(KJV)