The False vs True Gift Of Tongues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 7:25
He is forever able to save the people he leads to God, because he always lives to speak to God for them.

Deut 8:19,20 .... I testify against you today that you will surely perish. “Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so you shall perish; because you would not listen to the voice of the LORD your God.

We are saved by faith and faith comes from hearing Him (Rom 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.) And so if you listen to the voice of the Lord your God you will be saved!

Jn 6:63,64 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.
“But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.

And who are those "who do not believe"? If of course are those who "would not listen to the voice of the Lord" our God!

And so it was written -

Deut 6:4 “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. “These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.

So is hearing the Lord our God what is on their heart, or is what's on their heart that they will live because the Jesus will speak to God for them - so they don't have to???

It was in the book of Hebrews that we read:

Heb 3:7-11 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME,
AS IN THE DAY OF TRIAL IN THE WILDERNESS,
WHERE YOUR FATHERS TRIED Me BY TESTING Me,
AND SAW MY WORKS FOR FORTY YEARS.
“THEREFORE I WAS ANGRY WITH THIS GENERATION,
AND SAID, ‘THEY ALWAYS GO ASTRAY IN THEIR HEART,
AND THEY DID NOT KNOW MY WAYS’;
AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH,
‘THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST.’”

So are they trying to take a verse out of context to explain that we don't have to listen to the Lord Today??? It seems so.

Heb 7 was about how we have a priest we can go to forever - Jesus Christ. So He can and did make the sacrifice that saves us. And the He, our priest forever, talks to His Father in heaven and so we will be saved, if indeed we do actually go to our Priest (Jesus Christ). But they don't go to Him if they don't talk to Him. And they don't talk to Him if they don't listen to Him!! And they don't listen to Him if they don't know Him. And they don't know Him if they are saying the Bible is their friend! So they try and say that they don't need to listen to Him Today, They tell themselves that since He talks to His Father in heaven they don't need to listen to Him, seek Him, and get to know Him. So when His Holy Spirit comes to their spirit with His words they reject Him and His Holy Spirit. And if His Holy Spirit even comes in a manor that causes them to speak in tongues, so they don't know what is being said, they still will not listen to Him speak to them in their language! Instead they say that it might be from the devil, because they don't really believe He, Jesus Christ the Word of God, is there with His Holy Spirit to talk to them!

Therefore they HARDEN their hearts like those before them who Moses wrote to explaining:

Deut 8:19,20 .... I testify against you today that you will surely perish. “Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so you shall perish; because you would not listen to the voice of the LORD your God.

Yeah - Jesus Christ talks to His Father and intercedes for you, but only if He is your High Priest that you go and talk with! And if you don't listen to Him Today, then you have harden you hearts and are putting Him to the test, like those in the desert, and you shall surely perish like the also because you would not listen to the voice of the Lord your God - Jesus Christ!

And dancing around over your unfaithfulness is not going to help you:

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 7:25
He is forever able to save the people he leads to God, because he always lives to speak to God for them.
The thing is there is a counter force to God that leads away from Him as this angel abode not in truth, and he is always spreading his lies and many listen to what he says and his evil angels leading to death.
John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Reactions: The Learner