The Father saved me, in Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus was lying when He said He would raise "the temple of His body"? Is this your assertion?

John 10:18

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Jesus had the power to lay down His life, and the power to take it back up again.

Mark 8:31
And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and [of] the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise
again.

And interesting thing here is that "rise" is an Active Voice verb, which means that the speaker is the one doing the action. Jesus raises Himself. This is the meaning of the Active Voice. Passive voice would be that someone else raised Him.

The fact is, Father, Son, and Spirit are each credited with Jesus' resurrection:

1 Corinthians 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but made alive by the Spirit:

By the way . . . John 2:19 also uses the Active Voice, I will raise it up.

So, yes, the Father raised Jesus, and also, Jesus raised Jesus. Interesting, isn't it?

Much love!
mark

It may help you to know that APAK does not believe Jesus is God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which I see he just admitted to. Sorry, I hadn't quite finished reading the last page.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious bit of "knowledge". More like an insult if you ask me. I'm curious what you feel this adds to the discussion. Care to answer that?

As for the rest, you've let on your belief that Jesus has limited powers and limited knowledge.

You make the Father and the Son to be of different "stuff", the Father forever all-knowing and the Son forever ignorant.

I think this is one of those core disagreements underlying much else, and, given not only our different ways of reading the Bible, now it turns out we have significantly different understandings about God Himself.

So I think I have nothing more to say.

Much love!
Mark[/QUOTE

Sort of like offering a blind, imperfect lamb...isn't it?