The Final Seven Years/The Fifth Seal

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 6: 9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]10 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]11 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.[/SIZE]

h0b.png

Copyrighted by Guy Smith 1997 Fair use for education and discussion purposes

Do you think the fifth seal represent the persecution of the believers during the Great Tribulation?

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith

BLACK SHEEP

May 24, 2013
The fifth seal represents the martyrs (as well as everyone else) in paradise who are waiting for the Lord to return to resurrect them at the end of tribulation. They are told to wait a little longer (to the end of the tribulation) as paradise fills even more. This seal also debunks the false teaching of a rapture before tribulation.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The Antichrist will come on the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe, 6th Vial.

Persecution of the saints is shown on the 5th Seal especially, and the stars of heaven falling to earth on the 6th Seal.

Thus the 666 is truly about the Antichrist's appearance on the 6th Seal, 6th Trumpet, 6th Vial.

iamlamad

Jun 9, 2013
guysmith said:
[SIZE=12pt]Revelation 6: 9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]10 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]11 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.[/SIZE]

h0b.png

Do you think the fifth seal represent the persecution of the believers during the Great Tribulation?

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith
They are CHURCH AGE martyrs; Stephen was one of the first. If they were 70th week martyrs, they would KNOW they only had to wait to the finish of the week. Next, John has not yet even started the 70th week at the 5th seal, so how could he be talking about martyrs of the week?

There is a hint to the timing of the rapture there. They are told they must wait until the final martyr is killed as they were. This cannot be talking about if they were shot or beheaded or burned at the stake, etc, for each would have been different. No, this is talking about church age martyrs versus 70th week martyrs. To be killed as they were AS CHURCH AGE martyrs. So how long must they wait? Until the END of the church age, That age will end with the pretrib rapture. Anyone martyred after that will be a 70th week martry. So the 5th seal is a HINT to the timing of the rapture. Lamad

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
guysmith said:

h0b.png

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith
These are tribulation Saints killed by Mystery Babylon under the alter in heaven.

Revelation 6:9-11
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
The opening of the fifth seal brings forth the cries of slain martyrs. Jesus spoke of this hour in Matthew 24:9, 10. Hear Him: "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another."

Please read Chapter 4 again. Rediscover that this reference is to Tribulation saints composed of elect Israelites and those Gentiles converted by the preaching of the 144,000 Jewish evangelists. These persecuted saints and martyrs are not part of the Church -the body of Christ and the bride of the Saviour- already in glory (chapter 4:1).

These martyred saints are seen under the altar. In the Old Testament, the altar always referred to the place where the blood had been sacrificed. Souls will be saved during the Tribulation hour the same way souls are saved today -through the precious shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Because the believers of the Tribulation hour proclaim Christ crucified, they lose their lives. At this point every 20th-century believer should ask himself the question, "Would there be enough evidence to convict me as a Christian during this period of time were I present?" However, in this age of grace, we also will be the losers if we attempt to be secret disciples, never testifying of our faith in Christ Jesus. The Saviour said, "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 10:32, 33).

God bless.

iamlamad

Jun 9, 2013
Eric E Stahl said:
These are tribulation Saints killed by Mystery Babylon under the alter in heaven.

Revelation 6:9-11
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
Sorry, but this simply does not fit. The days of "great tribulation" where mass murder of martyrs will take place is found after chapter 13. This is before John has opened the 70th week. This is before the rapture of the church which ends the church age.

This is like dominoes, if one domino is tipped, they all fall. IF someone misses where the rapture is, or where the 70th week begins, everything else will be theory instead of truth.

Start with the vision in chapters 4 & 5. Ask yourself the same questions God asked me:

Why was I not immediately seen at the right hand of the Father, when there are many scriptures saying that is where I went to be?
Why was "no man found" worthy in the search that ended in failure, when if you read ahead I was found?
Why was the Holy Spirit in the throne room in chapter 4 when i said I would send Him down as soon as I ascended?

One can seldom get the timing of the first seals without being able to answer these questions correctly.

Next, where does the 70th week begin? Where does the Day of the Lord begin? Unless we can answer these correctly, how could one know much of anything else? Many people say they are pretrib, and don't know where John starts the "trib." Many try to push the start of the Day of the Lord off to the end of the week, but John and the Holy Spirit start it in Rev. 6. Many try to start the 70th week with the first seal, not understanding that seal was broken in 32 AD. We must learn to answer these questions correctly.

The 70th week is "clearly marked," (God's words, not mine) by the 7's: the 7th seal opens the week, the 7th trumpet marks the midpoint and the 7th vial ends it. So when JOhn saw the great crowd in heaven in chapter 7, that is before he has even started the 70th week.

These martyrs are seen before the rapture of the church, so they are church age martyrs. If they were 70th week martyrs, what they said would make no sense; they would KNOW they only have to wait 7 years. But if they were early church age martyrs, of course then could not know this age would continue all the way to today, and they would wonder and ask "HOW LONG?"

veteran said:
Those heeding these Pre-Trib Rapture believers here are going to really deserve what they get.
The truth is, NONE of US get what we deserve. We deserve to end up in hell forever. but through God's grace, we are born again to everlasting life. What pretribbers will "get" is to spend the 7 years in heaven, while hell comes to planet earth. You could escape what is coming,if you choose to, but if you choose to set your own appointment with His wrath, I believe God will honor that. Good luck trying to survive. The will of the Father is that you will be overcome by the Beast.

Trumpeter said:
The opening of the fifth seal brings forth the cries of slain martyrs. Jesus spoke of this hour in Matthew 24:9, 10. Hear Him: "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another."

Please read Chapter 4 again. Rediscover that this reference is to Tribulation saints composed of elect Israelites and those Gentiles converted by the preaching of the 144,000 Jewish evangelists. These persecuted saints and martyrs are not part of the Church -the body of Christ and the bride of the Saviour- already in glory (chapter 4:1).

These martyred saints are seen under the altar. In the Old Testament, the altar always referred to the place where the blood had been sacrificed. Souls will be saved during the Tribulation hour the same way souls are saved today -through the precious shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Because the believers of the Tribulation hour proclaim Christ crucified, they lose their lives. At this point every 20th-century believer should ask himself the question, "Would there be enough evidence to convict me as a Christian during this period of time were I present?" However, in this age of grace, we also will be the losers if we attempt to be secret disciples, never testifying of our faith in Christ Jesus. The Saviour said, "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 10:32, 33).

God bless.
Sorry, it is a myth that the rapture takes place in 4:1. A beginning reader would tell us that was JOHN caught up. Chapter 4 is the vision of the throne room. The 24 elders is NOT the church, for the timing here is just before Jesus rose from the dead. In 5:6 John saw the moment Jesus ascended into heaven after rising from the dead. That was perhaps 32 AD. Sorry, not the time of the rapture. The answer given to those under the alter is a HINT to the time of the rapture. The church already raptured in chapter 7 is a very strong hint to the timing of the rapture. It is not in 4:1.

Lamad

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
What time is it? it would seem the opinions are as varied as there are min. in a day.
I'm begin to believe that many here enjoy disputing Rev simply because no one can be proven right or wrong.

It's the playground for wanna be prophets and spiritual leaders

Wall-Clock-44479.jpg

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Rex said:
What time is it? it would seem the opinions are as varied as there are min. in a day.
I'm begin to believe that many here enjoy disputing Rev simply because no one can be proven right or wrong.

It's the playground for wanna be prophets and spiritual leaders

Wall-Clock-44479.jpg
Greetings Rex,

Revelation is where everyone should be spending a lot more time, considering Rev 22:19. It would sure cut down on the number of end time doctrines.

It is the only book in the Bible that promises a special blessing for reading it and an important warning for those adding to or taking away from it.

Rev 1:3 Blessed [is] he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time [is] near.

Rev 22:18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;

Rev 22:19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

God bless.

KevinMiller

Jul 29, 2013
Seattle, Washington
Revelation 6:12-17
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Jesus the Christ will returs on the sound of the 7th trumpet !

Revelation 19:-11-16
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
iamlamad said:
The truth is, NONE of US get what we deserve. We deserve to end up in hell forever. but through God's grace, we are born again to everlasting life. What pretribbers will "get" is to spend the 7 years in heaven, while hell comes to planet earth. You could escape what is coming,if you choose to, but if you choose to set your own appointment with His wrath, I believe God will honor that. Good luck trying to survive. The will of the Father is that you will be overcome by the Beast.
The Truth is... what God in His Word says it is, not what men say that devise pop doctrines that go against His Word, like the false Pre-Trib secret Rapture theory.

That doctrine is not taught anywhere in God's Word (except one place as a direct warning from God, like at the end of Ezekiel 13, where He said He is against the pastors that teach His people to fly to save their souls). Think I'll put up a study on that.

I will not stop giving warning about falling into that Pre-Trib secret Rapture doctrine, simply because I care about the brethren, and want those in Christ to stand strong and not fear, like our Lord Jesus expects us to.