How long O Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Revelation 6:9-11 the souls under the altar ask the question of how long dost thou not judge them that dwell on the earth. The answer is given in vs 11 that they should rest a little season until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that they should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Currently everyone who has read Revelation 6 knows the answer to the question, and since we all have this knowledge (or foreknowledge, depending on when someone thinks this takes place) there is no need to ask this question again, now or in the future, because the answer will not change. Actually asking the Lord this question would show a lack of faith if someone thought a different answer might be possible.

So here’s a question for those who think the fifth seal in Revelation 6:9-11 is a still future event, why are they asking this question in the first place when they already know the answer?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Revelation 6:9-11 the souls under the altar ask the question of how long dost thou not judge them that dwell on the earth. The answer is given in vs 11 that they should rest a little season until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that they should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Currently everyone who has read Revelation 6 knows the answer to the question, and since we all have this knowledge (or foreknowledge, depending on when someone thinks this takes place) there is no need to ask this question again, now or in the future, because the answer will not change. Actually asking the Lord this question would show a lack of faith if someone thought a different answer might be possible.

So here’s a question for those who think the fifth seal in Revelation 6:9-11 is a still future event, why are they asking this question in the first place when they already know the answer?

What in the world are you on about? What gives YOU the right to say those in Christ should not ask that same question of 'how long'? For a believer in Jesus Christ that simply wants to know more of what that's about, per your philosophy they should NEVER ask about it? Is that the false idea you wanted to present?? If it is, then that is a false premise, and you have no right to even suggest such an idea.

So Brethren in Christ -- ASK GOD and His Christ all you want regarding that STILL FUTURE event of the 5th Seal, because it has NOT happened yet today, because the killing of those "fellowservants" is for the VERY END OF THIS WORLD, during the time of "great tribulation" that Jesus warned about!

Do NOT listen to charlatans that try to keep you from understanding this 5th Seal event, and in case you brethren do not yet know about that 5th Seal event, I will cover it in my next post here.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What in the world are you on about? What gives YOU the right to say those in Christ should not ask that same question of 'how long'? For a believer in Jesus Christ that simply wants to know more of what that's about, per your philosophy they should NEVER ask about it? Is that the false idea you wanted to present?? If it is, then that is a false premise, and you have no right to even suggest such an idea.

So Brethren in Christ -- ASK GOD and His Christ all you want regarding that STILL FUTURE event of the 5th Seal, because it has NOT happened yet today, because the killing of those "fellowservants" is for the VERY END OF THIS WORLD, during the time of "great tribulation" that Jesus warned about!

Do NOT listen to charlatans that try to keep you from understanding this 5th Seal event, and in case you brethren do not yet know about that 5th Seal event, I will cover it in my next post here.
You didn’t answer the question of why people are asking God a question that they know with absolute certainty what the answer already is. Would you ask someone how long a day is when you already know it’s 24 hours long?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following explains about the TESTIMONY of Christ's servants for the end of this world during the coming "great tribulation" that happens just prior to Christ's future return to gather His faithful Church...

Rev 6:9-11
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them
that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost Thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?"

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and
it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
KJV

That above event is about being killed for the preaching of The Word of God and the giving of a Testimony for Christ. Those saints in heaven that were killed for that in the past are the ones asking God how long. God shows there's more yet still to come, pointing to the end of this world.

And here is where Lord Jesus Himself warned His Church about that persecution of the saints for the end involving that TESTIMONY FOR JESUS...

Mark 13:9-13
9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings
for My sake, for a testimony against them.

10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
KJV

That TESTIMONY by those in Christ is for the time of the end, NOT PAST HISTORY. It will involve the 'cloven tongue' of Pentecost of speaking by The Holy Spirit. ALL... peoples that hear that future TESTIMONY will... hear it spoken in their own language of birth!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn’t answer the question of why people are asking God a question that they know with absolute certainty what the answer already is. Would you ask someone how long a day is when you already know it’s 24 hours long?
Satan can stick that idea up his you know what. That's who you are listening to with that silly idea.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan can stick that idea up his you know what. That's who you are listening to with that silly idea.
My, are you upset about this or something? Both the scriptures and logic tells us that the fifth seal event has already passed.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My, are you upset about this or something? Both the scriptures and logic tells us that the fifth seal event has already passed.
And you are pushing a LIE, shown easily by the following in red...

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them;
and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
KJV

ALL... of the Rev.6 SEALS are for the very end of this world, NOT past history. Thus the falseness you are pushing here is MEN'S FALSE DOCTRINE OF PRETERISM. And you do it INTENTIONALLY. And you thought you by clever speech you could actually hide your doing that?? You obviously didn't consider there could be some here that actually study... their Bible, and listen to God by The Holy Spirit.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ Jesus:

Note in my previous post I remarked that ALL... of the Revelation SEALS are for the very end of this world. How is that, you might ask? It's very simple...

ALL... of the Rev.6 SEALS are in parallel with the main SIGNS of the end that Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13.

If you do a search on this forum of my content, you will discover a post where I covered those parallels between Christ's Olivet discourse and the SEALS of Rev.6. Lord Jesus' Olivet discourse is about the SIGNS of the end He gave to His Church leading up to His future return on the last day of this world. He pointed to the last generation being the one that will 'see' all those SIGNS of the end He gave.

What proves... ALL... of those SEALS are for the end is when Jesus commanded His servants to learn a parable of the fig tree. Jesus pointed to the 'generation' that will SEE ALL THESE THINGS, meaning ALL the SIGNS of the end He gave in His Olivet discourse, including the FINAL SIGN He gave.

What was Jesus' FINAL SIGN He gave in His Olivet discourse that aligns with the Rev.6 SEALS? That final SIGN of the end He gave is that of His future return and gathering of His saints, His Church. (See Matt.24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27; Rev.6:14-17).

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are pushing a LIE, shown easily by the following in red...

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them;
and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
KJV

ALL... of the Rev.6 SEALS are for the very end of this world, NOT past history. Thus the falseness you are pushing here is MEN'S FALSE DOCTRINE OF PRETERISM. And you do it INTENTIONALLY. And you thought you by clever speech you could actually hide your doing that?? You obviously didn't consider there could be some here that actually study... their Bible, and listen to God by The Holy Spirit.
Nothing cleaver here and I’m not hiding anything, it’s just that it makes absolutely no sense, and I mean common sense, to ask a question that you obviously know the answer to. Again do you go around asking people how many hours are in a day?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are acting as if some issue here is plain to all, and I'm not even sure what you're saying? You seem to be suggesting that Rev 6.9-11 cannot be a future event? If so, I think that is a perfectly reasonable question.

Here's why. The vision is pointing forward to a time, during the reign of Antichrist, when Christians are martyred. And then are then viewed, perhaps, as waiting for their vindication. This would be a future event.

If this is a reasonable proposal, then why do you suggest that "everybody who is Christian already knows that the event is past?" Is that what you're saying?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Because it was a question asked in the past by the saints killed by apostate Israel in the first century. The answer was to wait a little while when Israel was judged in 70AD

Reactions: grafted branch

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ Jesus:

Note in my previous post I remarked that ALL... of the Revelation SEALS are for the very end of this world. How is that, you might ask? It's very simple...

ALL... of the Rev.6 SEALS are in parallel with the main SIGNS of the end that Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13.
From my perspective it is perfectly reasonable to say that the birth pang signs of the Olivet Discourse are parallel with the signs of the book of Revelation not because they represent the same time, but rather, because they are both used for the same type of events.

For example, if God wanted to use an earthquake to show His displeasure with the crucifixion of His Son, why would He not show the same sign at the deaths of His people during the reign of Antichrist? The fact that the same sign parallels with one another does not indicate the same time, but rather, similar circumstances.

In fact, I believe the birth pang signs of the Olivet Discourse were explicitly given to anticipate the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD. On the other hand, the signs in the book of Revelation are explicitly preparing for the 2nd Coming of Christ. Same signs, but different times.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are acting as if some issue here is plain to all, and I'm not even sure what you're saying? You seem to be suggesting that Rev 6.9-11 cannot be a future event? If so, I think that is a perfectly reasonable question.

Here's why. The vision is pointing forward to a time, during the reign of Antichrist, when Christians are martyred. And then are then viewed, perhaps, as waiting for their vindication. This would be a future event.

If this is a reasonable proposal, then why do you suggest that "everybody who is Christian already knows that the event is past?" Is that what you're saying?
Well, what I’m saying is everybody who has read Revelation 6 knows the answer to the question asked by the souls under the altar. Knowing this information negates the necessity to ask the question. This fact alone makes it unlikely that it can a future event.

I’m willing to listen to reasonable arguments, why would someone in the future who finds themselves under the altar ask the question when they already know the answer?

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BTW, nothing you have submitted here is anything new to me, but it might be new to others that don't know you from other boards. I don't recall how I responded to this when you posted this on another board in the past, but the following is how I choose to respond to it now.

You want us to believe that they already knew the answer to the question before they even asked it, that they already knew that they were going to have to rest a little season until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that they should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled? And even though they already knew all of that they asked it anyway? Good luck proving that they already knew they were to rest a little season until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that they should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled, before they even asked that question.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, nothing you have submitted here is anything new to me, but it might be new to others that don't know you from other boards. I don't recall how I responded to this when you posted this on another board in the past, but the following is how I choose to respond to it now.

You want us to believe that they already knew the answer to the question before they even asked it, that they already knew that they were going to have to rest a little season until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that they should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled? And even though they already knew all of that they asked it anyway? Good luck proving that they already knew they were to rest a little season until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that they should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled, before they even asked that question.
Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

They are slain for the word and the testimony which they held. Are you saying they didn’t have the words of Revelation 6 or that they didn’t hold that testimony even after they went through the prior seals of Revelation 6?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well if they knew the answer, why would they bother asking the question?

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if they knew the answer, why would they bother asking the question?
Exactly, they didn’t know the answer when they asked, that’s why that question had to have been asked prior to the writing of Revelation or possibly just shortly after but certainly not in our future.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Those martyrs who have been and still are being killed for their faith, did not know how long that would have to wait for their vindication and the punishment of their killers.
The Fifth Seal was opened when the first martyr, Stephen was stoned to death. The retribution for his and all the perpetrators of the horrible killings does not happen until the GWT Judgment, after the Millennium. Thrown into the Lake of Fire. Revelation 20:14-15

All those martyrs too, must wait until after the Millennium is over, for their reward of immortality. Only those martyrs who will be killed by the 'beast', during the final 3 1/2 years will be resurrected when Jesus Returns. Revelation 20:4
ALL... of the Revelation SEALS are for the very end of this world.
Actually, none of the seals are for the end. How can they be? When a scroll is sealed, it cannot be unrolled and read before those seals are removed.
Obviously the first Five Seals are opened, things like wars, plagues and famines and the martyrs, are all long term events. We experience those things now and as Jesus said they are like birth pangs: they get more frequent and intense as the end of this age approaches.

The Sixth Seal is the next Prophesied event, which will commence all the happenings in Revelation , up to the glorious Return.
The Seventh Seal is just a time gap.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Fifth Seal was opened when the first martyr, Stephen was stoned to death. The retribution for his and all the perpetrators of the horrible killings does not happen until the GWT Judgment, after the Millennium. Thrown into the Lake of Fire. Revelation 20:14-15
So you are saying the first four seals have already been opened and are now history. Would you care to compare your historical points so we can compare the prophecies with your historical fulfilments.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Revelation 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

So you think Stephen did a complete 180 and decided to go ahead and lay that sin to their charge? Or maybe Stephen’s prayer didn’t availeth much?