The first horseman of the Apocalypse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The seventh seal opens the scroll when it is loosened, and the mystery of God will be finished when the seventh trumpet begins to sound:

Revelation 10
4 And when the seven thunders spoke their sounds, I was about to write. And I heard a voice from Heaven saying to me, Seal up what things the seven thunders spoke, and do not write these things.
5 And the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the earth lifted his hand to the heaven,
6 and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created the heaven and the things in it, and the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, that there should no longer be time.
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he will begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as He has declared to His servants the prophets.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The white horse:

John, and the other Apostles and disciples of Jesus Christ, represented a zealous John class of the 1st century. There is a remnant of that John class today who are privileged to see in these last days, a fast-moving drama! John says: “And I saw, and, look! a white horse; and the one seated upon it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went forth conquering and to complete his conquest.” (Revelation 6:2) Yes, in answer to that thunderous “Come!” a white horse charges forth. In the Bible, the horse often symbolizes warfare. Psalm 20:7; Proverbs 21:31; Isaiah 31:1. This horse, gleams with a whiteness that indicates unblemished holiness. Compare Revelation 1:14; 4:4; 7:9; 20:11. This is appropriate, for it portrays warfare that is clean and righteous in Jehovah’s holy eyes! See also Revelation 19:11, 14.

Who is the Rider of this horse? He has a bow, an offensive weapon of war, but he is also given a crown. The only righteous ones seen wearing crowns during the Lord’s day are Jesus and the class represented by the 24 elders. Daniel 7:13,14,27; Luke 1:31-33; Revelation 4:4,10; 14:14. It is unlikely that a member of the group of 24 elders would be pictured as receiving a crown on his own merit. So, this lone horseman must be Jesus Christ and no other. John sees him in heaven at the historic moment of 1914 during the Lord's day, when Jehovah declares, “I, even I, have installed my king,” and tells him that this is for the purpose “that I may give nations as your inheritance.” Psalm 2:6-8. So, in opening the first seal Jesus reveals how he himself, as the newly crowned King, sallies forth to war at God’s appointed time.

This scene harmonizes beautifully with Psalm 45:4-7, addressed to the King enthroned by Jehovah: “And in your splendor go on to success; ride in the cause of truth and humility and righteousness, and your right hand will instruct you in fear-inspiring things. Your arrows are sharp, under you peoples keep falling, in the heart of the enemies of the king. God is your throne to time indefinite, even forever; the scepter of your kingship is a scepter of uprightness. You have loved righteousness and you hate wickedness. That is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your partners.” Being familiar with that prophetic description, John would appreciate that it applies to Jesus’ activity as King. Compare Hebrews 1:1,2,8,9.

Why, though, must the newly crowned King ride forth to war? It is because his kingship is established in the face of bitter opposition from Jehovah’s chief adversary, Satan the Devil, and those on earth who, knowingly or unknowingly, serve Satan’s ends. The birth of the Kingdom itself calls for a major war in heaven. Fighting under the name Michael (meaning “Who Is Like God?”), Jesus overcomes Satan and his demons and hurls them down to the earth. Revelation 12:7-12. During this time of Jesus’ ride of conquest continues through the decades which began with the Lord’s day, sheeplike humans are being gathered. Though the whole world still lies “in the power of the wicked one,” Jesus lovingly continues to shepherd his anointed brothers and their companions, helping each to achieve the conquest of faith.. 1 John 5:19.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The white horse:

John, and the other Apostles and disciples of Jesus Christ, represented a zealous John class of the 1st century. There is a remnant of that John class today who are privileged to see in these last days, a fast-moving drama! John says: “And I saw, and, look! a white horse; and the one seated upon it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went forth conquering and to complete his conquest.” (Revelation 6:2) Yes, in answer to that thunderous “Come!” a white horse charges forth. In the Bible, the horse often symbolizes warfare. Psalm 20:7; Proverbs 21:31; Isaiah 31:1. This horse, gleams with a whiteness that indicates unblemished holiness. Compare Revelation 1:14; 4:4; 7:9; 20:11. This is appropriate, for it portrays warfare that is clean and righteous in Jehovah’s holy eyes! See also Revelation 19:11, 14.

Who is the Rider of this horse? He has a bow, an offensive weapon of war, but he is also given a crown. The only righteous ones seen wearing crowns during the Lord’s day are Jesus and the class represented by the 24 elders. Daniel 7:13,14,27; Luke 1:31-33; Revelation 4:4,10; 14:14. It is unlikely that a member of the group of 24 elders would be pictured as receiving a crown on his own merit. So, this lone horseman must be Jesus Christ and no other. John sees him in heaven at the historic moment of 1914 during the Lord's day, when Jehovah declares, “I, even I, have installed my king,” and tells him that this is for the purpose “that I may give nations as your inheritance.” Psalm 2:6-8. So, in opening the first seal Jesus reveals how he himself, as the newly crowned King, sallies forth to war at God’s appointed time.

This scene harmonizes beautifully with Psalm 45:4-7, addressed to the King enthroned by Jehovah: “And in your splendor go on to success; ride in the cause of truth and humility and righteousness, and your right hand will instruct you in fear-inspiring things. Your arrows are sharp, under you peoples keep falling, in the heart of the enemies of the king. God is your throne to time indefinite, even forever; the scepter of your kingship is a scepter of uprightness. You have loved righteousness and you hate wickedness. That is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your partners.” Being familiar with that prophetic description, John would appreciate that it applies to Jesus’ activity as King. Compare Hebrews 1:1,2,8,9.

Why, though, must the newly crowned King ride forth to war? It is because his kingship is established in the face of bitter opposition from Jehovah’s chief adversary, Satan the Devil, and those on earth who, knowingly or unknowingly, serve Satan’s ends. The birth of the Kingdom itself calls for a major war in heaven. Fighting under the name Michael (meaning “Who Is Like God?”), Jesus overcomes Satan and his demons and hurls them down to the earth. Revelation 12:7-12. During this time of Jesus’ ride of conquest continues through the decades which began with the Lord’s day, sheeplike humans are being gathered. Though the whole world still lies “in the power of the wicked one,” Jesus lovingly continues to shepherd his anointed brothers and their companions, helping each to achieve the conquest of faith.. 1 John 5:19.
Thank you. With the exception of your identifying the rider on the white horse as depicting Christ Himself (rather than Christ being the power behind the rider on the white horse), I was with you until you mentioned 1914. But from your statement about 1914 onward I agree with some of what you say (only when you're quoting scripture) and disagree with a lot of what you say. I've naturally heard before people speaking about Michael being Jesus, I disagree. I also don't see what 1914 has to do with the fulfillment of any of it, and the dragon was cast out 2,000 years ago when Christ was caught up to God and to His throne (just as Jesus had said would happen hours before His crucifixion).

You're repeating some 7th-day Adventist teachings, so I'm not sure if you're perhaps a SDA?

Thanks for posting it though.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. With the exception of your identifying the rider on the white horse as depicting Christ Himself (rather than Christ being the power behind the rider on the white horse), I was with you until you mentioned 1914. But from your statement about 1914 onward I agree with some of what you say (only when you're quoting scripture) and disagree with a lot of what you say. I've naturally heard before people speaking about Michael being Jesus, I disagree. I also don't see what 1914 has to do with the fulfillment of any of it, and the dragon was cast out 2,000 years ago when Christ was caught up to God and to His throne (just as Jesus had said would happen hours before His crucifixion).

You're repeating some 7th-day Adventist teachings, so I'm not sure if you're perhaps a SDA?

Thanks for posting it though.

In 1914 the times of the gentiles ended, at that time the one who only had the right to sit on the throne of David which is Jesus Christ began ruling in the midst of his enemies. In other words The Only Begotten Son of God, Jesus Christ stood up in heaven and began ruling over Earth through that heavenly messianic kingdom that he was made king of by his Father and God.
When it comes to the archangel, who's name is Michael, in scripture Jesus voice in regard to the resurrection is said to have the authority of the archangel's voice.
When Jesus went back to heaven, angels and authorities and powers were made subject to Jesus. It doesn't make sense to me for God to set up Jesus and Michael as rival commanders, if the angels and all authorities and powers have been made subject to Jesus. So it's reasonable for me to conclude that the Archangel Michael is Jesus Christ instead of believing that the Only Begotten Son of God has someone with equal authority as him. There is only one person who has more authority than Jesus Christ and that's the Father and God of Jesus Christ, everyone and everything else is subject to Jesus authority not equal to his authority. So why is Jesus Christ commanding call likened to the archangel voice. If you don't believe that Jesus is the archangel Michael then you're saying that the Archangel Michael has the keys to hades and death too. The only one who has been given the keys to hades and death is Jesus Christ. So I ask again why is Jesus Christ commanding call in regard to the resurrection liken to the archangel voice.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was becoming relieved that we're off the subject of this thread now. I was getting weary of it

I find it very irritating me when people continue making the same false claim. You are not reading properly. How many more times must I say in this thread that the white horse represents the gospel going out in power, and the power behind the white horse is Christ?

Can you answer the following questions?

Who gives power to the two witnesses?

Who gives power to the beast riding on the red horse, taking peace from the earth?

What do horses represent?

Why shouldn't the rider on the white horse be wearing a stephanos when the Revelation has the saints and 24 elders and Christ Himself in Revelation 14:14 all wearing stephanos crowns? Are the saints all "conquering generals" or is the conquering general the power behind them?

So you say the gospel ( a proclamation) is personified and then giving a conquering crown?

all authority comes from God. Every ruler on earth rules at gods will- Even men like Hitler and Stalin and Pol Pot and Mao!

The gospel does not conquer the earth. As Jesus said, when the son of man returns will he even find faith on the earth. the last days are marked by global darkness, though many still get saved.

Teh culmination of the times of the gentiles is when the antoichrist gathers the worlds armies at Armegeddon to fight th ereturning fglorified Jesus Christ at the end of the 70th week of Daniel.

Remember this 7 year persiod and its preview is about judgment and god punishing the earth and itsa inhabitants with His wrath.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So you say the gospel ( a proclamation) is personified and then giving a conquering crown?

all authority comes from God. Every ruler on earth rules at gods will- Even men like Hitler and Stalin and Pol Pot and Mao!

The gospel does not conquer the earth. As Jesus said, when the son of man returns will he even find faith on the earth. the last days are marked by global darkness, though many still get saved.

Teh culmination of the times of the gentiles is when the antoichrist gathers the worlds armies at Armegeddon to fight th ereturning fglorified Jesus Christ at the end of the 70th week of Daniel.

Remember this 7 year persiod and its preview is about judgment and god punishing the earth and itsa inhabitants with His wrath.
You seem to be asking if they're real, literal "personified" horses, with real, literal "personified" riders. The fact that Jesus sent and signified the Revelation to John, who saw visions representing things, is besides the point?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be asking if they're real, literal "personified" horses, with real, literal "personified" riders. The fact that Jesus sent and signified the Revelation to John, who saw visions representing things, is besides the point?

Are you asking me or telling me?

The white horse and its rider represents the antichrist going out to conquer. wh does he conquer? As is written in Daniel, the ten kings will be ruling the world (ten horns). The antichrist is the 11th horn and he uproots three of the ten and the kings then give their full allegiance to him.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that possibly, the main thrust of their message will be this:
PURELY my own speculation . . . I'm expecting that the witnesses will warn against joining the Beast against Israel, and that Isreal is God's Chosen nation. So act accordingly. And I think you are right also.

Much love!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@marks

When you reply to someone else's post when the other person was talking to me, fairness dictates that I reply to you too. Either be fair, or be quiet if you don't want to talk to me about it.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are you asking me or telling me?

The white horse and its rider represents the antichrist going out to conquer. wh does he conquer? As is written in Daniel, the ten kings will be ruling the world (ten horns). The antichrist is the 11th horn and he uproots three of the ten and the kings then give their full allegiance to him.
Oh OK. In your opinion it's the Antichrist. In my opinion it's not the Antichrist, and it represents the fact that the gospel will be going out in power, and I've given my reasons for saying so clearly and repeatedly in this thread, so we agree to disagree because I'm not repeating why I don't agree with you yet again in this thread.

You have the first rider all worked out as the 11th horn who uproots three kings and I say it's bogus. It's not the Antichrist because that runs counter to white in the Revelation, the gold crown etc etc.

Circles.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks

When you reply to someone else's post when the other person was talking to me, fairness dictates that I reply to you too. Either be fair, or be quiet if you don't want to talk to me about it.
I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you are telling me. I think of this all as a sort of group conversation, we all can chime in.

:)

Much love!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you are telling me. I think of this all as a sort of group conversation, we all can chime in.

:)

Much love!
You're pretending you never told me in a post you don't think you want to talk to me anymore (or something similar). Soon afterwards you were backing up another poster's posts who was replying to my post (only because he was disagreeing with me). Not fair if you don't want to talk to me, or me to talk to you. So let me be honest (because I'm honest): Your "Much Love!" signature does not always go with your style when it comes to me? It also doesn't go with your style when you're issuing posts at me with the rapidity of automatic rifle fire (like you were doing in @Marty fox's thread without giving me a chance to type out a proper response to each post).

I don't know if you're using speech-to-text software, or saved posts to just copy 'n paste (or how you do it), but no human is capable of being that fast.

I'm honest: You give me the impression of someone who just wants to be able to put the person down who you are debating with by running circles around him with your rapid automatic rifle firing of posts, just because he disagrees with you. I don't think you like people who challenge the interpretations of scripture you hold dear to your heart (you've given me that impression). And between me and you, there are a few of your interpretations of scripture that I believe need challenging, IMO.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're pretending you never told me in a post you don't think you want to talk to me anymore (or something similar). Soon afterwards you were backing up another poster's posts who was replying to my post (only because he was disagreeing with me). Not fair if you don't want to talk to me, or me to talk to you. So let me be honest (because I'm honest): Your "Much Love!" signature does not always go with your style when it comes to me? It also doesn't go with your style when you're issuing posts at me with the rapidity of automatic rifle fire (like you were doing in @Marty fox's thread without giving me a chance to type out a proper response to each post).

I don't know if you're using speech-to-text software, or saved posts to just copy 'n paste (or how you do it), but no human is capable of being that fast.

I'm honest: You give me the impression of someone who just wants to be able to put the person down who you are debating with by running circles around him with your rapid automatic rifle firing of posts, just because he disagrees with you. I don't think you like people who challenge the interpretations of scripture you hold dear to your heart (you've given me that impression). And between me and you, there are a few of your interpretations of scripture that I believe need challenging, IMO.

I want you to know how much I appreciate this post! This kind of communication is invaluable to me.

I'm here to be challenged, my only request is that it's done with good manners. I try to maintain good manners myself, and I know sometimes I fail. Being honest, I delete probably 1 in 10 that I write, either because I realize I'm not adding anything, or I'm engaging in bad behavior, or whatever the reason. It woud not surprise me at all to know there are more I should have deleted.

I wasn't pretending, but I wasn't thinking about it. I do remember what you are referring to. Yes, I didn't think it good to continue in that moment with you, and I was still interested in engaging the topic, and I'm sorry if that came off poorly to you. Maybe that should have been a couple of those 10!

I try to make a point of never saying never. I truly am sorry if I've allowed fleshy postings! It should never be!

I tend to answer long posts in a series of shorter posts because it's often easier to gather my thoughts that way. I realize it may not work as well for others as well as it works for me. My hope is that someone doesn't take it the way you have, like I'm trying to machine gun you down.

:(

I'm just a guy sitting at a desk, my job requires I answer the phone, among my other duties. And there isn't that much activity these days. But my presence here is essential to the company.

Nothings cut and paste, except Scripture quotes. I just type it out.

All it's ever been for me is that I see wonderful things (to me) in the Bible, and I want to share those things with others.

And I realize I can come on strong sometimes! I do try to temper that! Because I really am hoping to impart a gift!

Much love!

Reactions: Zao is life

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just a guy sitting at a desk, my job requires I answer the phone, among my other duties. And there isn't that much activity these days. But my presence here is essential to the company.

All it's ever been for me is that I see wonderful things (to me) in the Bible, and I want to share those things with others.

And I realize I can come on strong sometimes! I do try to temper that! Because I really am hoping to impart a gift!

Much love!
You must be Joe Biden, Is That You Joe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I want you to know how much I appreciate this post! This kind of communication is invaluable to me.

I'm here to be challenged, my only request is that it's done with good manners. I try to maintain good manners myself, and I know sometimes I fail. Being honest, I delete probably 1 in 10 that I write, either because I realize I'm not adding anything, or I'm engaging in bad behavior, or whatever the reason. It woud not surprise me at all to know there are more I should have deleted.

I wasn't pretending, but I wasn't thinking about it. I do remember what you are referring to. Yes, I didn't think it good to continue in that moment with you, and I was still interested in engaging the topic, and I'm sorry if that came off poorly to you. Maybe that should have been a couple of those 10!

I try to make a point of never saying never. I truly am sorry if I've allowed fleshy postings! It should never be!

I tend to answer long posts in a series of shorter posts because it's often easier to gather my thoughts that way. I realize it may not work as well for others as well as it works for me. My hope is that someone doesn't take it the way you have, like I'm trying to machine gun you down.

:(

Much love!
Better than me. I have to delete 1 in 3 posts, except that I don't delete them. Hope your Friday is good and your weekend even better.

Reactions: marks

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The great tribulation is so obviously and ridiculously clearly for 42 months, 3.5 years.

That’s how long the mark is given, during the great tribulation.
What would you call the 6 Trumpets and 7 Thunders? They do not happen during those last 42 months. They happen prior to these last 42 months. The mark does not even start until after the 7th Trumpet starts. Chapter 13 comes after chapter 11.

"The second woe has passed; see, the third woe is coming quickly. The seventh angel sounded his shofar; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying,

“The kingdom of the world
has become the Kingdom
of our Lord and his Messiah,
and he will rule forever and ever!”

"The dragon was infuriated over the woman and went off to fight the rest of her children, those who obey God’s commands and bear witness to Yeshua. Then the dragon stood on the seashore;"

The 7th Trumpet as the third woe is Satan come to earth and the John shows us Satan is waiting to introduce his FP, and to set up the AoD. Only then can any 42 month period start.

"They worshipped the dragon, because he had given his authority to the beast; and they worshipped the beast, saying,

“Who is like the beast?
Who can fight against it?”

It was given a mouth speaking arrogant blasphemies; and it was given authority to act for forty-two months."

How can humanity worship Satan if Satan is not present? We see here that those 42 months start while Satan is on earth along with this FP. This is all that happens until the 7 vials and the battle of Armageddon.

How can any show that the other Trumpets and the 7 Thunders will now happen in these 42 months? John already claimed the first 2 woes are over.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When literalism runs amok you wind up with Timtofly's eisegesis of the 144,000?
Not using symbols to explain what is literally going on on the earth.

How can the 144k literally be in heaven and on earth being sealed at the same time, immediately between the 6th and 7th Seal being opened? Why would those in Paradise the temple of God need to be protected from what is going on during the Trumpets on the earth?

Why would chapter 7 not be immediately after the 6th Seal, and immediately prior to the 7th Seal?

Why is John's Olivet Discourse entry, the very words of Christ as the sign of the Second Coming not the 6th Seal.

"Then I watched as he broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake, the sun turned black as sackcloth worn in mourning, and the full moon became blood-red. The stars fell from heaven to earth just as a fig tree drops its figs when shaken by a strong wind. The sky receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved from its place."

“But immediately following the trouble of those times, the sun will grow dark, the moon will stop shining, the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers in heaven will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, all the tribes of the Land will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with tremendous power and glory. He will send out his angels with a great shofar; and they will gather together his chosen people from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

“There will appear signs in the sun, moon and stars; and on earth, nations will be in anxiety and bewilderment at the sound and surge of the sea, as people faint with fear at the prospect of what is overtaking the world; for the powers in heaven will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with tremendous power and glory. When these things start to happen, stand up and hold your heads high; because you are about to be liberated!”

"In those days, after that trouble, the sun will grow dark, the moon will stop shining, the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers in heaven will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with tremendous power and glory. He will send out his angels and gather together his chosen people from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven."

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Revelation 4:5
"And out of the throne came lightnings and thunderings and voices. And seven lamps of fire were burning in front of the throne, which are the seven spirits of God."

THE SEVEN EYES OF THE LORD ARE THE SEVEN SPIRITS OF GOD.

Revelation 5:6
"And I looked, and lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, amidst the elders, a Lamb stood, as if it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."

Zechariah 4:2-3, 10
"And he said to me, What do you see? And I said, I see, and behold, a lampstand, all of it gold, and a bowl on its top, and its seven lamps on it, and seven pipes to the seven lamps on its top; and two olive trees beside it, one on the right of the bowl, and the other on the left of it.

10 For who has despised the day of small things? For they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel. These seven are the eyes of the LORD which run to and fro through the whole earth.

THE HEADSTONE

Matthew 21:42; Ephesians 2:20; 1 Peter 2:6).

Zechariah 4
7 Who are you, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

Zechariah 4
8 And the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house. His hands shall also finish it; and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you.

Jesus' hands laid the foundation of His house. His hands shall also finish it, and we shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent Him to us.

The gates of hades shall not prevail against the Church Matthew 16:18

The weapons of the witnesses of Christ are spiritual:

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God." (Ephesians 6:17)

"Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of hosts." (Zechariah 4:6).

TWO WITNESSES

Zechariah 4:2-6
"And he said to me, What do you see? And I said, I see, and behold, a lampstand, all of it gold, and a bowl on its top, and its seven lamps on it, and seven pipes to the seven lamps on its top; and two olive trees beside it, one on the right of the bowl, and the other on the left of it.
And I answered and spoke to the angel who talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
Then the angel who talked with me answered and said to me, Do you know what these are? And I said, No, my lord.
Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of hosts.

"And I will give power to My two witnesses, and they will prophesy a thousand, two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth." (Revelation 11:3-4).

Zechariah 4:11-14
"Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves? And he answered me and said, Know you not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the LORD of the whole earth."

It could be translated as "anointed sons", because this is a more literal translation of the Hebrew yitshâr bên (anointed sons).

THE GOSPEL GOING OUT IN POWER, WITH A DIRE WARNING

Leading up to the harvesting of the earth (which we read about in Revelation 14:14-20), John sees a vision of three angels going out into all the earth with three messages (Revelation 14:6-12). The first is going out "having the everlasting gospel to preach to those dwelling on the earth, even to every nation and kindred and tongue and people" (Revelation 14:6-7).

The second angel is going out with an announcement: Babylon the Great has fallen. The the third is going out with a dire warning not to worship the beast or his image.

IMO, this tells us that Revelation 14 belongs with Revelation 13:11-18 (and, of course, the beast of Revelation 13:11-18 is called the false prophet in Revelation 19:20). It also seems to me that the two witnesses are the ones going forth "having the everlasting gospel to preach to those dwelling on the earth, even to every nation and kindred and tongue and people".

And because the two witnesses prophesy for 1,260 days and are killed by the beast that ascends out of the abyss when they complete their testimony, and that beast is given authority to continue for 42 months, this is referring to the same 3.5 year period which immediately precedes the return of Christ.

For all the reasons I already put in this thread, I believe that there is no reason not to take the significance provided in the Revelation to mean that the first horseman of the Apocalypse signifies the two witnesses, the power behind them being Christ, and the rider of the red horse signifies the Antichrist, the power behind him being the dragon.