The first horseman of the Apocalypse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Revelation 4:5
"And out of the throne came lightnings and thunderings and voices. And seven lamps of fire were burning in front of the throne, which are the seven spirits of God."

THE SEVEN EYES OF THE LORD ARE THE SEVEN SPIRITS OF GOD.

Revelation 5:6
"And I looked, and lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, amidst the elders, a Lamb stood, as if it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."

Zechariah 4:2-3, 10
"And he said to me, What do you see? And I said, I see, and behold, a lampstand, all of it gold, and a bowl on its top, and its seven lamps on it, and seven pipes to the seven lamps on its top; and two olive trees beside it, one on the right of the bowl, and the other on the left of it.

10 For who has despised the day of small things? For they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel. These seven are the eyes of the LORD which run to and fro through the whole earth.

THE HEADSTONE

Matthew 21:42; Ephesians 2:20; 1 Peter 2:6).

Zechariah 4
7 Who are you, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

Zechariah 4
8 And the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house. His hands shall also finish it; and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you.

Jesus' hands laid the foundation of His house. His hands shall also finish it, and we shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent Him to us.

The gates of hades shall not prevail against the Church Matthew 16:18

The weapons of the witnesses of Christ are spiritual:

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God." (Ephesians 6:17)

"Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of hosts." (Zechariah 4:6).

TWO WITNESSES

Zechariah 4:2-6
"And he said to me, What do you see? And I said, I see, and behold, a lampstand, all of it gold, and a bowl on its top, and its seven lamps on it, and seven pipes to the seven lamps on its top; and two olive trees beside it, one on the right of the bowl, and the other on the left of it.
And I answered and spoke to the angel who talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
Then the angel who talked with me answered and said to me, Do you know what these are? And I said, No, my lord.
Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of hosts.

"And I will give power to My two witnesses, and they will prophesy a thousand, two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth." (Revelation 11:3-4).

Zechariah 4:11-14
"Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves? And he answered me and said, Know you not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the LORD of the whole earth."

It could be translated as "anointed sons", because this is a more literal translation of the Hebrew yitshâr bên (anointed sons).

THE GOSPEL GOING OUT IN POWER, WITH A DIRE WARNING

Leading up to the harvesting of the earth (which we read about in Revelation 14:14-20), John sees a vision of three angels going out into all the earth with three messages (Revelation 14:6-12). The first is going out "having the everlasting gospel to preach to those dwelling on the earth, even to every nation and kindred and tongue and people" (Revelation 14:6-7).

The second angel is going out with an announcement: Babylon the Great has fallen. The the third is going out with a dire warning not to worship the beast or his image.

IMO, this tells us that Revelation 14 belongs with Revelation 13:11-18 (and, of course, the beast of Revelation 13:11-18 is called the false prophet in Revelation 19:20). It also seems to me that the two witnesses are the ones going forth "having the everlasting gospel to preach to those dwelling on the earth, even to every nation and kindred and tongue and people".

And because the two witnesses prophesy for 1,260 days and are killed by the beast that ascends out of the abyss when they complete their testimony, and that beast is given authority to continue for 42 months, this is referring to the same 3.5 year period which immediately precedes the return of Christ.

For all the reasons I already put in this thread, I believe that there is no reason not to take the significance provided in the Revelation to mean that the first horseman of the Apocalypse signifies the two witnesses, the power behind them being Christ, and the rider of the red horse signifies the Antichrist, the power behind him being the dragon.

The content of your post is very important and must LITERALLY be fulfilled at this present end-times. I would like to share in your study bringing some more details for your meditation and also for the readers, which may lead us to the most perfect interpretation and revelation of this biblical enigma: -The two witnesses-

But first I would like to say that your conclusion that the whitehorse rider is NOT the Antichrist, that is absolutely TRUE. But who is him? JESUS? No, absolutely no.
To say or to preach that the whitehorse rider is the Antichrist, it is a blasphemy, because the whitehorse rider is a messenger of the LORD. He is a Warrior of the LORD.
The three others horseriders are of the Devil, and the whitehorse rider fights against those three satanic horseriders. The Scriptures reveal who is the whitehorse rider, evidently, but it is by revelation, not by speculation. By the way, JESUS is a SAVIOR, not a WARRIOR.

I would like to say here that there is only and only one white horse, not two. The Warrior of the LORD is a Prince since the beginning, he was together with the LORD in the house of Abraham. He is one of the three in Abraham's house, and after was sent to Sodom and Gomorrah to destroy that land as a whole, except Lot and his family.
Later he was sent to meet Moses in the mount Sina, and he was with Moses until his death, and was sent to meet Joshua after Mose's death, here we know who he is: Joshua 5:v.13-15 reveals:

13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a MAN over against him with his Sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
14 And he said, Nay; but as CAPTAIN of the host of the LORD am I NOW come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship (John wanted to do the same before him, but he did not permitted John to do it-Revelation 22:v.8-9), and Joshua said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?
15 And the CAPTAIN of the Lord's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

continues next post below

Last edited:

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Continuation of above

According to the Scriptures, in a FIRST MOMENT the whitehorse rider exclusively uses a bow to shoot arrows against the enemies of the Lord, the opponents of God's work in the midst of His people; But to trap Satan in the bottomless pit, and also to fight and cast the Beast of the sea with all its gigantic and monstrous religious and satanic structure into the lake of fire, he will use a sharp Sword-Revelation 19-, no longer a bow. In fact he is an ambassador of the KING, the LORD JESUS, here on the earth-Jeremiah 49:v.14 and Obadiah 1:v.1. Check it.

See the prophetic description of the union of the Lord JESUS with His Church, and the participation of the whitehorse rider-the ambassador of the Lord here on earth - it is showed in Psalm 45.

PSALM 45
1 My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

2 Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.

3 Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.

4 And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.

5 Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; whereby the people fall under thee.

6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

8 All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

9 Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.

10 Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;

11 So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.

12 And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall intreat thy favour.

13 The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.

14 She shall be brought unto the king in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.

15 With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the king's palace.

16 Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.

17 I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.

I wish you and all have a good studies and meditations with the presence of the Holy Spirit with us, according to the Lord JESUS's promises. John 16:v.7 to 15. Amen

God bless

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Scriptures reveal who is the whitehorse rider, evidently, but it is by revelation, not by speculation. By the way, JESUS is a SAVIOR, not a WARRIOR.

I would like to say here that there is only and only one white horse, not two.

Thanks for your post!

We agree of course that the rider of the first horse is not the Antichrist.

If I understand you correctly though, I can't agree with either (what I see as) your assumption that the rider of the first seal signifies one person only (merely because there is only one horse seen in the imagery, and one rider), for the following reasons:

The Bible contains a great deal of imagery that signifies certain realities. For example, in Ephesians 2:19-22 Paul uses the imagery of a building with a foundation and a chief corner stone to signify the fact that those who believe in Christ are (what Peter in 1 Peter 2:5 calls the living stones who together make up) the Temple of God.

THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST IS SIGNIFIED

The book of Revelation is "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John" (Revelation 1:1).

The fact that the Lord signified His Revelation should make us aware that the visions which John sees (both in the seals and in the scroll), signify something.

* The seals need to be opened before we can "see" (understand) what's written in the scroll.
* The visions seen when each seal is opened signifies something about:
(i) The scenes in the scroll; and
(ii) The actors who play a part in the scenes; and
(iii) The judgments that come.

However, the seals are not the prophecy. The prophecy is written in the scroll.

* The scroll only opens once the seventh and final seal is opened. This is why the seals are the first to appear after the letters to the seven churches.
* The scenes and the actors in the scenes which culminate in the judgments which are prophesied, are written about in chapters 7 through 20 of the scroll, with an overlap in chapter 21:1-8.

The horses seen in the seven seals (Revelation chapter 6) are not literal horses, but they signify something, and what they signify is easy to understand:

It's obvious that especially to people who lived before the days of fast cars, fast trains, tanks and the instruments of modern warfare, horses symbolized swiftness and strength. For thousand of years messengers who needed to deliver urgent messages to a king would travel far distances on horseback, having the horse gallop as fast as it could, as long as it could, and as far as it could, and the messenger would arrive at the king's courts with the sealed scroll containing the message for the king in hand.

Also for thousands of years horses were used in battle.

But the riders on the horses seen in the seals also only signify either the power that lies behind the scene which we only see being played out in the scroll, or the actor/s in the scene, or (as in the third and fourth seals) the cause of the scenes being described.

When reading prophetic or apocalyptic literature (such as the book of Revelation), it's human and easy to mistake the imagery for the reality being spoken of, and there is no reason to assume that because there is only one horse and one rider, this signifies only one person.

There is a second thing I disagree with you about, though:

The Warrior of the LORD is a Prince since the beginning, he was together with the LORD in the house of Abraham. He is one of the three in Abraham's house, and after was sent to Sodom and Gomorrah to destroy that land as a whole, except Lot and his family.
Later he was sent to meet Moses in the mount Sina, and he was with Moses until his death, and was sent to meet Joshua after Mose's death, here we know who him is: Joshua 5:v.13-15 reveals:

13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a MAN over against him with his Sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
14 And he said, Nay; but as CAPTAIN of the host of the LORD am I NOW come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship (John wanted to do the same before him, but he did not permitted John to do it-Revelation 22:v.8-9), and Joshua said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?
15 And the CAPTAIN of the Lord's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

I do not believe that the Angel of the LORD who Joshua fell down to worship is any other than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, who was appearing to Joshua in human form, long before His incarnation. This is why He did not prevent Joshua from worshiping him (as the angel sent to John in the Revelation did).

IMO, for the Angel of the LORD to call Himself the Captain of the LORD's armies when speaking to Joshua is simply stating - as the rider on the white horse signifies - that He is the power behind God's people:

Joshua 5
13 And it happened, when Joshua was beside Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked. And, behold, there stood a Man in front of him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, Are You for us, or for our foes?
14 And He said, No, but I have come as the Commander of the army of the LORD. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth. And he worshiped and said to Him, What does my Lord say to His servant?
15 And the Commander of the LORD's army said to Joshua, Take your shoe off your foot, for the place on which you stand is holy. And Joshua did so.

The sword of Christ is the Word of God, which is Almighty. We are told this a number of times in scripture. The LORD gave Israel's enemies into their hand. The Matthew Henry commentary (which I agree with in what it says about this) says,

(Quote) We have reason to think that this man was the Son of God, the eternal Word, who, before he assumed the human nature for a perpetuity, frequently appeared in a human shape. So bishop Patrick thinks, consonant to the judgment of the fathers. Joshua gave him divine honours, and he received them, which a created angel would not have done, and he is called Jehovah, ch. vi. 2. 2. (Unquote)

The above is completely different to what is said in the Revelation when John fell down before the angel to worship him - that angel stated very plainly and very clearly:

Revelation 22
8 And I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel showing me these things.
9 Then he said to me, Behold! Stop! For I am your fellow-servant, and of your brothers the prophets, and of those who keep the sayings of this Book. Worship God.

THE ANGELS WHO APPEARED TO ABRAHAM AND TURNED THEIR FACES TO SODOM

No one can really say who the two angels who turned to Sodom while the LORD remained with Abraham are, and IMHO I think it's not being careful enough with scripture to decide their identity. The Matthew Henry commentary says,

(Quote) Some think that they were all created angels, others that one of them was the Son of God, the angel of the covenant, whom Abraham distinguished from the rest (v. 3), and who is called Jehovah, v. 13. (Unquote)

I think it's extremely dangerous for the saints to (a) deny that the Angel of the LORD's armies who appeared to Joshua was not Christ Himself in human form; and (b) to ascribe to the rider of the white horse one person who is an angel - the devil is able to appear as an angel of light:

Colossians 2
18 Let no one defraud you, delighting in humility and worship of the angels, intruding into things which he has not seen, without a cause being vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind
2 Corinthians 11
14 Did not even Satan marvelously transform himself into an angel of light?

Remember, the horse and it's rider are not talking about a horse and a rider: Both signify something that is written about in the scroll which is opened once all seven seals have been opened.

God bless.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your post!

If I understand you correctly though, I can't agree with either (what I see as) your assumption that the rider of the first seal signifies one person only (merely because there is only one horse seen in the imagery, and one rider), for the following reasons:

The Bible contains a great deal of imagery that signifies certain realities. For example, in Ephesians 2:19-22 Paul uses the imagery of a building with a foundation and a chief corner stone to signify the fact that those who believe in Christ are (what Peter in 1 Peter 2:5 calls the living stones who together make up) the Temple of God.

The book of Revelation is "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John" (Revelation 1:1).

The fact that the Lord signified His Revelation should make us aware that the visions which John sees (both in the seals and in the scroll), signify something.

* The seals need to be opened before we can "see" (understand) what's written in the scroll.

* The scroll only opens once the seventh and final seal is opened. This is why the seals are the first to appear after the letters to the seven churches.
* The scenes and the actors in the scenes which culminate in the judgments which are prophesied, are written about in chapters 7 through 20 of the scroll, with an overlap in chapter 21:1-8.

The horses seen in the seven seals (Revelation chapter 6) are not literal horses, but they signify something, and what they signify is easy to understand:

It's obvious that especially to people who lived before the days of fast cars, fast trains, tanks and the instruments of modern warfare, horses symbolized swiftness and strength. For thousand of years messengers who needed to deliver urgent messages to a king would travel far distances on horseback, having the horse gallop as fast as it could, as long as it could, and as far as it could, and the messenger would arrive at the king's courts with the sealed scroll containing the message for the king in hand.

But the riders on the horses seen in the seals also only signify either the power that lies behind the scene which we only see being played out in the scroll, or the actor/s in the scene, or (as in the third and fourth seals) the cause of the scenes being described.

When reading prophetic or apocalyptic literature (such as the book of Revelation), it's human and easy to mistake the imagery for the reality being spoken of, and there is no reason to assume that because there is only one horse and one rider, this signifies only one person.

There is a second thing I disagree with you about, though:

I do not believe that the Angel of the LORD who Joshua fell down to worship is any other than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, who was appearing to Joshua in human form, long before His incarnation. This is why He did not prevent Joshua from worshiping him (as the angel sent to John in the Revelation did).

IMO, for the Angel of the LORD to call Himself the Captain of the LORD's armies when speaking to Joshua is simply stating - as the rider on the white horse signifies - that He is the power behind God's people:

Joshua 5
13 And it happened, when Joshua was beside Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked. And, behold, there stood a Man in front of him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, Are You for us, or for our foes?
14 And He said, No, but I have come as the Commander of the army of the LORD. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth. And he worshiped and said to Him, What does my Lord say to His servant?
15 And the Commander of the LORD's army said to Joshua, Take your shoe off your foot, for the place on which you stand is holy. And Joshua did so.

The sword of Christ is the Word of God, which is Almighty. We are told this a number of times in scripture. The LORD gave Israel's enemies into their hand. The Matthew Henry commentary (which I agree with in what it says about this) says,

(Quote) We have reason to think that this man was the Son of God, the eternal Word, who, before he assumed the human nature for a perpetuity, frequently appeared in a human shape. So bishop Patrick thinks, consonant to the judgment of the fathers. Joshua gave him divine honours, and he received them, which a created angel would not have done, and he is called Jehovah, ch. vi. 2. 2. (Unquote)

The above is completely different to what is said in the Revelation when John fell down before the angel to worship him - that angel stated very plainly and very clearly:

Revelation 22
8 And I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel showing me these things.
9 Then he said to me, Behold! Stop! For I am your fellow-servant, and of your brothers the prophets, and of those who keep the sayings of this Book. Worship God.

THE ANGELS WHO APPEARED TO ABRAHAM AND TURNED THEIR FACES TO SODOM

No one can really say who the two angels who turned to Sodom while the LORD remained with Abraham are, and IMHO I think it's not being careful enough with scripture to decide their identity. The Matthew Henry commentary says,

(Quote) Some think that they were all created angels, others that one of them was the Son of God, the angel of the covenant, whom Abraham distinguished from the rest (v. 3), and who is called Jehovah, v. 13. (Unquote)

I think it's extremely dangerous for the saints to (a) deny that the Angel of the LORD's armies who appeared to Joshua was not Christ Himself in human form; and (b) to ascribe to the rider of the white horse one person who is an angel - the devil is able to appear as an angel of light:

Colossians 2
18 Let no one defraud you, delighting in humility and worship of the angels, intruding into things which he has not seen, without a cause being vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind
2 Corinthians 11
14 Did not even Satan marvelously transform himself into an angel of light?

Remember, the horse and it's rider are not talking about a horse and a rider: Both signify something that is written about in the scroll which is opened once all seven seals have been opened.

God bless.
Way toooooooo long for response, a mini novel

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My suggestion is that he is the beast, however, the exact identity of this rider is not given.
The first horseman of the Apocalypse represents false Christs. The four horsemen correspond to the events in the Olivet Discourse.

FIRST HORSEMAN

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

SECOND HORSEMAN
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom

THIRD HORSEMAN
and there shall be famines...

FOURTH HORSEMAN
...and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Reactions: Truth7t7 and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first horseman of the Apocalypse represents false Christs. The four horsemen correspond to the events in the Olivet Discourse.

FIRST HORSEMAN

SECOND HORSEMAN
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom

THIRD HORSEMAN

FOURTH HORSEMAN
I think the beast will present himself as chosen savior.

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the beast will present himself as chosen savior.

Much love!
He will be a king/ruler of Jewish/Hebrew decent, and proclaim to be from the lineage of King David, he will present himself as Meshiach/Messiah to Judaism, and Jesus returned to the false apostate church on earth

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil

Yes, it is what the Word of GOD reveal unto all of us.

Yes, it is what the Word of GOD reveal unto all of us

The fact that the Lord
signified His Revelation should make us aware that the visions which John sees (both in the seals and in the scroll), signify something.

I would say it is obvious.

We speak not the wisdom of this world, nor of some which are puffed up and that come to nought. What man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of GOD knows no man, but the Spirit of GOD. GOD has revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of GOD.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil

Joshua 5

You can desagree. But I assert before my LORD JESUS that who spoke with Joshua was not Him. It is of yours the choose to believe in the lie whose source is he father of lie, the old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, or to believe in the Truth. GOD is Truth.

JESUS sent His angel to meet Joshua. Joshua asked: Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as CAPTAIN of the host of the LORD am I NOW come.

Isaiah 63:v. 7 to 10 and so on

7 I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.

8 For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit(the holy Spirit is the Comfort, he is the Paraclete-John 16:7-15: therefore he - the holy Spirit - was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit (who is not a ghost as is witten in English language, but a Person): and these three are One.

P.S

The angel of the LORD who was with Joshua is the same that did contend with the Devil and disputed about the body of Moses: his name is Michael, the archangel.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

FIRST HORSEMAN

SECOND HORSEMAN

THIRD HORSEMAN

FOURTH HORSEMAN
Brother all you've proved in this post is that you can count to four. But you've offered nothing to attempt to refute the fact that the Revelation signifies what it signifies regarding the white horse and its rider, because you cannot refute it.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You can desagree. But I assert before my LORD JESUS that who spoke with Joshua was not Him. It is of yours the choose to believe in the lie whose source is he father of lie, the old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, or to believe in the Truth. GOD is Truth.

JESUS sent His angel to meet Joshua. Joshua asked: Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as CAPTAIN of the host of the LORD am I NOW come.

Isaiah 63:v. 7 to 10 and so on

7 I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.

8 For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit(the holy Spirit is the Comfort, he is the Paraclete-John 16:7-15: therefore he - the holy Spirit - was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit (who is not a ghost as is witten in English language, but a Person): and these three are One.

P.S

The angel of the LORD who was with Joshua is the same that did contend with the Devil and disputed about the body of Moses: his name is Michael, the archangel.
Then we disagree. My understanding is the same in this regard as that of Matthew Henry.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Then we disagree. My understanding is the same in this regard as that of Matthew Henry.
It is of yours the choose to believe in the lie whose source is he father of lie, the old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, or to believe in the Truth. GOD and JESUS, both are the Truth.

eJESUS sent His angel to meet Joshua. Joshua asked: Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as CAPTAIN of the host of the LORD am I NOW come. JESUS is the LORD, LORD of lords, like Michael.

It is he - the crowned Michael the archangel - the whitehorse rider - the first seal to be open by JESUS, the LORD. Revelation 6:v.2

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is of yours the choose to believe in the lie whose source is he father of lie, the old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, or to believe in the Truth. GOD and JESUS, both are the Truth.

eJESUS sent His angel to meet Joshua. Joshua asked: Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as CAPTAIN of the host of the LORD am I NOW come. JESUS is the LORD, LORD of lords, like Michael.

It is he - the crowned Michael the archangel - the whitehorse rider - the first seal to be open by JESUS, the LORD. Revelation 6:v.2

Joshua worshiped him. Angels do not accept worship.

Hebrews 1
6 And again, when He brings in the First-born into the world, He says, "And let all the angels of God worship Him."

Colossians 2
18 Let no one defraud you, delighting in humility and worship of the angels, intruding into things which he has not seen, without a cause being vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind.

Jesus IS God. God is truth. Jesus is the truth = God is one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Trinity).

Let all the angels of God worship Him, and let no one defraud you, delighting in humility and worship of the angels, intruding into things which he has not seen, without a cause being vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind.

The white horse and its rider signify something written in the scroll, opening our understanding. They are not the thing they signify. What they signify is the human witnesses of Christ, and probably the two witnesses, taking the gospel out into all the world with power, which power is the power Christ gives to them.

We speak not the wisdom of this world, nor of some which are puffed up and that come to nought. What man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of GOD knows no man, but the Spirit of GOD. GOD has revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of GOD.

Last edited:

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Joshua worshiped him. Angels do not accept worship.
JESUS in not ANGEL. JESUS IS GOD. The WORD is GOD. JESUS is the WORD made flesh.
Sthephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. Acts 7:v.30-33

30 And when forty years were expired, there appeared to Moses in the wilderness of mount Sina an ANGEL of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.

31 When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him,

32 Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold. (How could Michael express of this manner before Moses, and later before Joshua? Because even GOD, the Almighty, give to Michael this authority: Exodus 23:20-21 - 20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. 21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for MY NAME IS IN HIM. - What's NAME? Exodus 3:v. 15 reveals:
15 God said unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:
THIS IS MY NAME. Yeah, the same NAME GOD had put upon Michael the archangel, as He said to Moses: MY NAME IS IN HIM.

33 Then said the Lord to Moses, (Michael is lord too. JESUS is the LORD of lords) Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground.

Without know Joshua was face to face before the archangel Michael under the command of JESUS, in fact the same ANGEL who was with Moses on Mount Sina, not our Lord JESUS. Acts 7:v.30-33

And now, why will there be a time of a great trouble such as never was since there was a nation even to this current time, the time of the end? And also RESURRECTION? Daniel 12:v.1-3:
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Michael is the predecessor of the coming of JESUS: 1 Thessalonians 4:v.16 -
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel _Michael_, and with the trump of GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: -RESURRECTION- This MUST occur now, even now, in days ahead - Aleluia!!!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Oseas

Colossians 2
18 Let no one defraud you, delighting in humility and worship of the angels, intruding into things which he has not seen, without a cause being vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind.

Hebrews 1
6 And again, when He brings in the First-born into the world, He says, "And let all the angels of God worship Him."

Revelation 22

Joshua realized he was not talking to an angel, and so Joshua worshiped. Angels do not accept worship:

Joshua 5

The Commander of the army of the LORD (not the angel of the army of the LORD):

"And I will give power to My two witnesses, and they will prophesy a thousand, two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth." (Revelation 11:3).

2 Corinthians 11:14
Did not even Satan marvelously transform himself into an angel of light?

Christians, beware of expecting "an angel to be the rider of the white horse". Let no one defraud you, delighting in humility and worship of the angels, intruding into things which he has not seen, without a cause being vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind. (Colossians 2:18)

Hebrews 1

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Some say that Michael the archangel = Christ. Let's take a look at this:

New Testament mentions of Michael the archangel:

Jude 1:9
But Michael, the archangel, when contending with the Devil, he argued about the body of Moses, he dared not bring a judgment of blasphemy, but said, Let the Lord rebuke you!

Revelation 12:7
And there was war in Heaven. Michael and his angels warring against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels warred.

In Daniel 10:5-6, Daniel was being spoken to by ".. a certain man (who) was clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz. His body also was like the beryl, and his face looked like lightning. And his eyes were like lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet in color were like polished bronze, and the voice of his words like the sound of a multitude."

This same person who Daniel saw, spoke of himself as being assisted at the time by Michael the archangel:

Daniel 10:12-14
"Then he said to me, Do not fear, Daniel; for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and to chasten yourself before your God, your words were heard. And I have come for your words. But the ruler of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days. But lo, Michael, one of the chief rulers, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. Now I have come to make you understand what shall happen to your people in the latter days. For the vision is yet for many days."

Daniel 10:21
But I will show you that which is written in the Scripture of Truth. And there is none who holds strongly with me in these things, but Michael your ruler.

It's quite clear that the person talking to Daniel was not Michael the archangel, but He Himself was being assisted by Michael. Later on, Michael the archangel is again mentioned in the prophecy which Daniel received:

Daniel 12:1
And at that time Michael shall stand up, the great ruler who stands for the sons of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation; until that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

In my opinion except through eisegeis (reading into the text something which is not there), we cannot use the above scripture to identify the Man below as "Michael the archangel", because the text below does not identify him as Michael:

Joshua 5:13-15
And it happened, when Joshua was beside Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked. And, behold, there stood a Man in front of him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, Are You for us, or for our foes?
And He said, No, but I have come as the Commander of the army of the LORD. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth. And he worshiped and said to Him, What does my Lord say to His servant?
And the Commander of the LORD's army said to Joshua, Take your shoe off your foot, for the place on which you stand is holy. And Joshua did so.

Joshua realized he was not talking to an angel, and so Joshua worshiped. Angels do not accept worship:

Revelation 22

The text in Joshua 5:13-15 tells is that the Man seen by Joshua was the Commander of the armies of the LORD (not "the angel" of the army of the LORD):

"And I will give power to My two witnesses, and they will prophesy a thousand, two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth." (Revelation 11:3).

I believe we need to be careful not to change the Revelation of God, as some who have identified the rider on the white horse as the archangel Michael have done:

2 Corinthians 11:14
Did not even Satan marvelously transform himself into an angel of light?

Hebrews 1

Colossians 2

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Jesus IS God. God is truth. Jesus is the truth = God is one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Trinity).

Yes, there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit (who is not a ghost as is written in English language, but a Person), and these three are One.

Let all the angels of God worship Him, and let no one defraud you, delighting in humility and worship of the angels, intruding into things which he has not seen, without a cause being vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind.

I was surprised you say that JESUS is the angel and appeared to Joshua in human form, so then you worship him as such. As I told you before, JESUS is GOD, not an angel.

The white horse and its rider signify something written in the scroll, opening our understanding. They are not the thing they signify. What they signify is the human witnesses of Christ, and probably the two witnesses, taking the gospel out into all the world with power, which power is the power Christ gives to them.

What prevails is the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, understand? What you said has nothing to do with the Word of GOD, so you are saying nothing unfortunatelly.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Colossians 2

As I said in my post before, I was surprised you say that JESUS is the angel and appeared to Joshua in human form, so then you worship him as such. As I told you before, JESUS is GOD, not an angel.

In fact, Joshua realized that the MAN was an Enemy, an adversary.

The Commander of the army of the LORD (not the angel of the army of the LORD):

Yes, the Army of the LORD has a commander created and named by God the Father. If you want to know who is him read Revelation 12:v.7 and 11 to 13.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Some say that Michael the archangel = Christ. Let's take a look at this:

Again, you said that.

Actually, You know not to distinguish JESUS from Michael, nor to distinguish JESUS from the Person of the Holy Spirit, in fact, it is not easy because this one has no genealogy of his person.