The First Recorded LIE- taught by most of Churchainity!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Adam and Eve...

• Alive in Heaven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long Dead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the post, a good one. maybe I can help here a bit.

Yes, if one is spiritually dead.

I don't think so, consider this. 1 Corinthians 15:50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption". what about flesh and bone, but no blood? Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have". the Lord Jesus had no BLOOD. in our resurrected bodies will be flesh and bone, but no blood.

agreed, but many say God is not the God of the dead. well they should consider this, Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living".

I realize your just spouting for responses at least I will give the benefit of the doubt, because what you are saying here doesn't make sense and don't look to me to sort it out.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize your just spouting for responses at least I will give the benefit of the doubt, because what you are saying here doesn't make sense and don't look to me to sort it out.
no problem you missed the meat. scripture, Isaiah 28:9 "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts".

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mar 12:26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

DPMartin, I ask you to consider "He is not the God of the dead, but the living" was before Christ's death and resurrection. Much like Jesus' words spoken in Mark 7:27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.

It was not yet time.
We know now that through Christ's death and resurrection He did indeed cast the children's bread to the dogs. He also is a God of the dead. Death and resurrection.
The dead rise.

Mark 12:26-27 KJV
[26] And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? [27] He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

Numbers 19:13 KJV
[13] Whosoever toucheth the dead body of any man that is dead, and purifieth not himself, defileth the tabernacle of the Lord ; and that soul shall be cut off from Israel: because the water of separation was not sprinkled upon him, he shall be unclean; his uncleanness is yet upon him.

Numbers 19:18 KJV
[18] And a clean person shall take hyssop, and dip it in the water, and sprinkle it upon the tent, and upon all the vessels, and upon the persons that were there, and upon him that touched a bone, or one slain, or one dead, or a grave:

John 19:29 KJV
[29] Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

Psalm 51:7 KJV
[7] Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Hebrews 9:19-23 KJV
[19] For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, [20] Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. [21] Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. [22] And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. [23] It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

After His death and resurrection:
He is a God of the living and the dead.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DPMartin, I ask you to consider "He is not the God of the dead, but the living" was before Christ's death and resurrection. Much like Jesus' words spoken in Mark 7:27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.

It was not yet time.
We know now that through Christ's death and resurrection He did indeed cast the children's bread to the dogs. He also is a God of the dead. Death and resurrection.
The dead rise.

right here you're off base, you are using this scripture Mark 7:27 to justify what? there is no mention of the status of the dead in Mark 7 is there? so how is it that that relates in anyway to what Jesus says 5 chapters later in completely different circumstances? you know just as well as I do that Jesus speaks of the relationship between His administration of the Gospel to the Jews first, then the gentiles of which it wasn't the time for the gentiles to be fulfilled, because the Jews were promised the Messiah to come to them, of which Jesus was honoring, and explaining. also the Gospel was first preached from the Jews to the gentiles.

you miss use intentionally, therefore the rest of your posting is irrelevant.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
right here you're off base, you are using this scripture Mark 7:27 to justify what? there is no mention of the status of the dead in Mark 7 is there? so how is it that that relates in anyway to what Jesus says 5 chapters later in completely different circumstances? you know just as well as I do that Jesus speaks of the relationship between His administration of the Gospel to the Jews first, then the gentiles of which it wasn't the time for the gentiles to be fulfilled, because the Jews were promised the Messiah to come to them, of which Jesus was honoring, and explaining. also the Gospel was first preached from the Jews to the gentiles.

you miss use intentionally, therefore the rest of your posting is irrelevant.

Mark 7: 27 was only a reference of how sometimes Jesus spoke concerning a matter that sounds abrupt but later makes sense. "Bread not cast to dogs". As you said: the gospel went the the Gentiles. Are they not the dead?