The first sin, contrary to popular belief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Contrary to popular belief, isn't the first sin Satan's pride in exulting himself above God?, which later led him to tempt Eve?

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Wakka;65145)
Contrary to popular belief, isn't the first sin Satan's pride in exulting himself above God?, which later led him to tempt Eve?
That's interesting. Is there a Scripture that says that?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ffbruce;65158)
(Wakka;65145)
That's interesting. Is there a Scripture that says that?Isaiah 14:12-16, Ezekiel 28, Revelation 12:4

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Jordan;65176)
Isaiah 14:12-16, Ezekiel 28, Revelation 12:4
Actually, it is EXTREMELY likely that the Isaiah passage is a prophecy against the king of Babylon, and the Ezekiel passage makes it clear that it is a prophecy against the King of Tyre. It could also rightly be argued that Revelation 12:4 refers to Rome, not Satan.It's usually best to not read hidden meanings into texts that clearly articulate what they're saying.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ffbruce;65181)
(Jordan;65176)
Isaiah 14:12-16, Ezekiel 28, Revelation 12:4
Actually, it is EXTREMELY likely that the Isaiah passage is a prophecy against the king of Babylon, and the Ezekiel passage makes it clear that it is a prophecy against the King of Tyre. It could also rightly be argued that Revelation 12:4 refers to Rome, not Satan.It's usually best to not read hidden meanings into texts that clearly articulate what they're saying.John 17:12, II Thessalonians 2Well, I can only post scripture. God giveth the wisdom. And your conclusion is clearly wrong.

free2believe

Nov 27, 2008
(Jordan;65184)
John 17:12, II Thessalonians 2Well, I can only post scripture. God giveth the wisdom. And your conclusion is clearly wrong.
What the heck kind of statement is that? I agree with you that the first sin was Lucifer's pride but to say someone else's opinion of what the Bible says is "clearly wrong" is clearly ignorant.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Jordan;65184)
John 17:12, II Thessalonians 2Well, I can only post scripture. God giveth the wisdom. And your conclusion is clearly wrong.
Good grief Jordan, stop being so arrogant!Isaiah 14 is mocking the Heylel Myth, and Lucifer is an absolutely incorrect translation. The passage clearly speaks against the Babylonian king. The Ezekiel 28 passage says - clearly - that it's a prophecy against the King of Tyre. That was an actual place along the Mediterranean Sea.You can ignore these facts if you wish, but it is to your own error.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(free2believe;65185)
(Jordan;65184)
What the heck kind of statement is that? I agree with you that the first sin was Lucifer's pride but to say someone else's opinion of what the Bible says is "clearly wrong" is clearly ignorant.What do you want me to do? Leave them in their errors not try to correct them, so I could have that being accountable? Works do follow us. I can't deny that.Evil triumph when good men does nothing and to do nothing at all for anyone is just as evil as someone preaching a lie. (Mark 7:7-9, Colossians 2:8)While I'm not perfect, I don't rely on opinions, for God and His Word has no opinion. I don't take flaws aruments. (I John 4:1)(ffbruce;65187)
Good grief Jordan, stop being so arrogant!Isaiah 14 is mocking the Heylel Myth, and Lucifer is an absolutely incorrect translation. The passage clearly speaks against the Babylonian king. The Ezekiel 28 passage says - clearly - that it's a prophecy against the King of Tyre. That was an actual place along the Mediterranean Sea.You can ignore these facts if you wish, but it is to your own error.
rolleyes.gif
And you want to ignore this?Ezekiel 28:13 - Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created....Genesis 2:15 - And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it....Genesis 2:21 - And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;Genesis 2:22 - And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.Genesis 2:23 - And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man....Genesis 3:1 - Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?So how could this King of Tyre and the serpent be in Eden, the Garden of God at the same time? or have you not read that God explains his own symbols?

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Jordan;65189)
What do you want me to do? Leave them in their errors not try to correct them, so I could have that being accountable? Works do follow us. I can't deny that.Evil triumph when good men does nothing and to do nothing at all for anyone is just as evil as someone preaching a lie. (Mark 7:7-9, Colossians 2:8)While I'm not perfect, I don't rely on opinions, for God and His Word has no opinion. I don't take flaws aruments. (I John 4:1)
rolleyes.gif
And you want to ignore this?Ezekiel 28:13 - Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created....Genesis 2:15 - And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it....Genesis 2:21 - And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;Genesis 2:22 - And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.Genesis 2:23 - And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man....Genesis 3:1 - Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?So how could this King of Tyre and the serpent be in Eden, the Garden of God at the same time? or have you not read that God explains his own symbols?
What do you do with THIS, Jordan? Ezekiel 28:2 ~ "Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre..."It says - point blank - who these words are directed at. And, if you know anything about ancient near-eastern history, you will see the entire chapter is point-blank speaking to that particular king.THIS is a PERFECT example of how & why it is SO DANGEROUS to have people running off down their own paths, without knowledgeable people to guide and offer suggestions.Go ahead and ignore the obvious if you wish.
rolleyes.gif
I'd also like to suggest you stop using all the fancy colors, etc. It does absolutely nothing to prove a point, and only makes everything look silly and messy.