The first woman Eve became a living being.” The last Eve a...?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose the question of consideration, is if "The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit" 1 Corinthians 15:45-- What then would the Bride of each be by their lineages, respectively?

I would suggest that this is a matter of that which is born of the flesh being flesh and that which is born of the spirit being spirit (John 3:6).

My conclusion then, is that all who are first born according to and after the lineage of Eve are born of the flesh, and all who are born [again] of the spirit of God are the Bride of Christ--meaning none of flesh and blood, but only spirit. This being just another clear image of the distinction between the flesh and the spirit...the one returning to the dust, while the other is returned to God in Christ...having become His Bride. But instead of the two becoming one flesh as the example first given in the flesh, the two become one spirit.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose the question of consideration, is if "The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit" 1Corinthians 15:45-- What then would the Bride of each be by their lineages, respectively?

I would suggest that this is a matter of that which is born of the flesh being flesh and that which is born of the spirit being spirit (John 3:6).

My conclusion then, is that all who are first born according to and after the lineage of Eve are born of the flesh, and all who are born [again] of the spirit of God are the Bride of Christ--meaning none of flesh and blood, but only spirit. This being just another clear image of the distinction between the flesh and the spirit...the one returning to the dust, while the other is returned to God in Christ...having become His Bride. But instead of the two becoming one flesh as the example first given in the flesh, the two become one spirit.
Eve's name means the mother of all living. Of course humans to be clear.

Reactions: ScottA

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I like this thinking, getting into the cervices of scripture (as it were).

I think the Last Eve will be split in two: the one for the spirit, the other for the Lord.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this thinking, getting into the cervices of scripture (as it were).

I think the Last Eve will be split in two: the one for the spirit, the other for the Lord.

I suppose that kinda works if you consider that Christ specifically was first born into this world of the flesh and of a woman... So then the Last Eve as the body of Christ being flesh, and the Last Eve born [again] of the spirit of God as the Bride of Christ being spirit. :vgood:

Reactions: Gottservant