The fruit of the Spirit is....joy..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:22 (NASB)
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

“the fruit of the Spirit is..... joy...”

Joy, being of unmeasurable worth...Is the heart that is free, the heart that is unburdened, the heart that is at rest, the heart that knows nothing against itself. A heart that is as open, and humble, as obedient before God as that heart can find the light to walk in. Is what is required for this joy to be experienced....

Would one want to know joy? Walk in a little more righteousness than you did yesterday and tomorrow a little more than today....Than in a very short order will you know joy....Joy that knows no bounds.

For this joy does build. The more righteousness one walks in, the more of this joy will one taste, experience, and live in. As a permanent resident will this joy make itself known...

Sin and disobedience is that that steals ones joy... As those that have had dealings with God know by experience.....One can get this joy back, but it does take time to build this joy again....For joy, it is the proof of one walking in obedience to the Spirit that dwells in their inner man...If something gives this Spirit a pause. Listen to it, for if not, it will cost you your joy....The heart that has learned this, is a heart that has so blessed itself with something of unmeasurable worth...For being obedient to this that either gives or costs one joy, is a blessing only by experience can one know....

It is this heart that can, will, experience such an inner joy that no outward set of circumstances can move this heart... The heart itself is stayed on Christ... Through thick and thin, in all things has it learned to be content...Knowing to live is Christ, to die is gain...

Oh such high sounding words, but not to the heart that sees but a little of it’s own sin and corruption.....To have our hope not in ourselves, and to put our hope in the One who has called us out of all the disorder we see around us. To live by the faith of our hearts turned to His love and faithfulness and His provisions towards us...

Joy, joy, joy, is what that heart will know in abundance.. May the love and the joy of God be known, experienced by all those that He has called. Who continue to walk in all the light they see....

Be blessed all, as His joy fills our hearts according to the measure of our obedience to the light we see, Not me

Reactions: Pisteuo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Many years ago as a fairly new Christian I thought joy equalled happiness and wondered why I didn't feel it. Now all these later I know what joy really is and you can have it during happy times and also times of testing. It is just there, inside and is indescribable. Same with the peace that transcends understanding, it is so precious. I have to confess though that although I also have more patience than I used to have I know God is still working on 'love'.

Reactions: Joseph77 and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago as a fairly new Christian I thought joy equalled happiness and wondered why I didn't feel it. Now all these later I know what joy really is and you can have it during happy times and also times of testing. It is just there, inside and is indescribable. Same with the peace that transcends understanding, it is so precious. I have to confess though that although I also have more patience than I used to have I know God is still working on 'love'.

But the blessing is that God is working, and in that knowledge, can all the fruit of the Spirit be enjoyed in one’s life..

Be blessed as God continues His work. :)

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisteuo and Pearl

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How wonderful is the joy of the Holy Spirit, it's like no other joy, every now and then I get the unspeakable joy, big massive smile on my face, the shakes, right after communion yesterday I got the hops and fell to the floor, I also sometimes dance in the Holy Spirit. :D

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How wonderful is the joy of the Holy Spirit, it's like no other joy, every now and then I get the unspeakable joy, big massive smile on my face, the shakes, right after communion yesterday I got the hops and fell to the floor, I also sometimes dance in the Holy Spirit. :D

It is a blessing to see, that joy, inward joy that none can take away comes through have a personal relationship with the Holy One of Israel...

Be so blessed in your relationship with Him, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho