The Gift of Prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dawngordon

Jan 15, 2008
All it takes is one prophecy to not be fulfilled and you are not speaking for God, I felt like I was flogging a dead horse yesterday by continuing about the MYTH of the ONE MAN ANTI CHRIST, started by the wise and learned, that JESUS SAID WOULD NOT KNOW THE SECRETS,I proved it by what I posted in revelation 17, those not written in the book of life will see the BEASTthroughout scriptures, beast, creature etc.. means different things, for different passages, just because the beast in 20 means what I said it meant, it is not the same four beast Daniel spoke of,,,understand?By the way I have this all saved, and written down in a newsletter that is copyrighted, I do not care if you tell others because it is a message from God, however do not say it came from you, that would not be of the Lord, and false prophets do that, they say that message was something they knew all along, that is as bad as quoting Isaiah, and saying it was YOU, this is what prophecy isThe gift of prophecy edifies, exhorts, and comforts (I Corinthians 14:3); helps us build up or strengthen; and should lead us to the Word of God. It is the ministry of the Holy Spirit to convict of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment to come (John 16:8-11).that is why I point out the NEED to follow the laws at the SAME TIME, if someone thinks they prophecy but are not convicted of not only their own sin, but others they are PHONY, Yesterday it was said "as long as you do not follow the anti christ." THIS IS NOT OF GOD. Titus 3:9 is CLEARProphecy is divinely inspired and anointed utterance; a supernatural proclamation in a known language. It is the manifestation of the Spirit of God - not of intellect (I Corinthians 12:7), and it may be possessed and operated by all who have the infilling of the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 14:31)Intellect, faith, and will are operative in this gift, but its exercise is not intellectually based. It is calling forth words from the Spirit of God. The gift of prophecy operates when there is high worship (I Samuel 10:5-6), when others prophets are present (I Samuel 10:9-10), and when hands are laid on you by ministers (Acts 19:1-6). The gift of prophecy (I Corinthians 12) and the office of the prophet (Ephesians 4:11) are not the same thing. To stand in the office of a prophet, one must have a consistent manifestation of at least two of the revelation gifts, wisdom, knowledge and discerning of spirits, I have all three, I have been approached by beezle himself TWICE, in others bodies, that is DISCERNING OF SPIRITS, once he tried to tamper with my food, another time in a nasty email,Discerning of spirits is the supernatural ability given by the Holy Spirit to perceive the source of a spiritual manifestation and determine whether it is of God (Acts 10:30-35), of the devil (Acts 16:16-18), of man (Acts 8:18-23), or of the world. It is not mind reading, psychic phenomena, or the ability to criticize and find fault. Discerning of spirits must be done by the power of the Holy Spirit; He bears witness with our spirit when something is or is not of God. The gift of discerning of spirits is the supernatural power to detect the realm of the spirits and their activities. It implies the power of spiritual insight - the supernatural revelation of plans and purposes of the enemy and his forces. It is a gift which protects and guards your Christian life. I have met christians that actually believe demons do not exist, or are still in hell, and all other sorts of nonsense. THEY ARE STILL HERE< let us get this straight.:shepard:

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Good Word Dawn,I'm with you on this issue but I'm sure that you won't get many positive responses on this website concerning this issue!So you go girl!Bro.Jody