• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And since the fourth commandment is very explicit about its importance as an institution and moral imperative (it is, after all, declared amidst thunderings and lightnings and engraved on tablets of stone by the finger of God himself, as are the other nine), it would seem reasonable to expect an equally explicit declaration to announce its demise, of which, there are none in the entire Bible--not even a symbolic, prophetic utterance in the OT. And why haven't any of the other nine been replaced by spiritual implementation? Did God really place a strictly ceremonial, disposable requirement right in the middle of His moral code for mankind?
Literal circumcision was a covenant imperative. One of the 'sign' commands, along with the Sabbath observance, and yet we now understand it to be a meaningless, outward observance. I mean, what spiritual value is there is having your foreskin cutoff? None, of course. Ditto for a literal Sabbath observance. It doesn't change anything. It doesn't touch the inward part of a person. It's value, like circumcision, was in it being a useful illustration of the spiritual reality that does count and mean something. Isaiah 58 bears this out. The 'rest' that counts with God is your rest from sin. Just as the circumcision that counts with God is the putting off of the sin nature from the heart, not the flesh from the penis.

Reactions: BarneyFife

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That wouldn’t be much of a memorial of REMEMBRANCE and a covenant SIGN - as God calls the sabbath day command in Exodus 31:13 - to give them a command that was ALREADY kept since the 6th day of creation, now would it?
Precious friend, Excellent point! Similar to what I have asked the experts of "only
ONE gospel/Peter and Paul 'preached the EXACT SAME thing.'" How is it that:

God,
from Heaven. Gave Paul HIS (Secret, Hidden In Him) "The
Revelation Of The MYSTERY (Secret?)" (Romans - Philemon) WHEN:

As the experts teach "God ALREADY Taught Peter and eleven, on the earth," the
EXACT SAME thing? Huh? To date they have Not "quoted" Scripture for this idea,
but, I have personally "studied":

God's Approval/TWO Gospels In Prophecy vs Mystery
"Distinctions" of Prophecy vs MYSTERY

Now, to be fair, there are Both [a few] "similarities, as well as [Many] Differences, but, again, unless I am SADLY mistaken, "things that are Different cannot
possibly be:

the EXACT SAME thing!" Or, can they? Just sayin'...

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Literal circumcision was a covenant imperative. One of the 'sign' commands, along with the Sabbath observance, and yet we now understand it to be a meaningless, outward observance.

And because Ferris Bueller claims, <along with>, therefore, KNOW YE: <Sabbath observance to be a meaningless, outward observance>. If that isn't audacity, there is no such thing as blasphemy.

Grillerige mannetjie

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God rested on the seventh day in order to spend time with His creation—with us. That is why we attend church on that day, a day of “holy convocation” (Leviticus 23:3) in which we have the privilege of worshiping and learning more about God.

Beautiful! We do not, however learn more; from the beginning we were taught MORE by God. We find the first Sabbath School Lesson spoken and illustrated by God Himself through none other than Jesus Christ Himself IMMEDIATELY after the Sixth Day of creation in Genesis chapter 3:8 to 24.
FOR WHOM SCRIPTURE MATTERS

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And because Ferris Bueller claims, <along with>, therefore, KNOW YE: <Sabbath observance to be a meaningless, outward observance>. If that isn't audacity, there is no such thing as blasphemy.

Grillerige mannetjie
Circumcision and the sabbath day of rest were both ceremonial foreshadows of the circumcision of the heart, and Jesus giving us rest continuously, in the new covenant.

You are told to stop judging what day believers keep in Romans 14, and we are told to let no one judge us concerning the sabbath day - meaning the weekly and other sabbaths - because they are but mere shadows of Jesus, who is the substance (that the sabbath day is a shadow of), Colossians 2:16-17.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful! We do not, however learn more; from the beginning we were taught MORE by God. We find the first Sabbath School Lesson spoken and illustrated by God Himself through none other than Jesus Christ Himself IMMEDIATELY after the Sixth Day of creation in Genesis chapter 3:8 to 24.
FOR WHOM SCRIPTURE MATTERS
God took six days to create, and rested on the seventh day, as a prophetical foreshadow of their being six thousand years, or days, between Adam and the return of the last Adam (Jesus), with the thousand years of the millennium being the 7th day, aka Gods rest for His people - as taught by the church fathers such as Barnabas - which is called the sabbath-millennium doctrine.

The command for resting on the 7th day given only to Israel as a memorial and remembrance of their being delivered from slavery in Egypt, and as a covenant sign, was therefore another foreshadow of the coming millennial reign of Jesus.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God took six days to create, and rested on the seventh day, as a prophetical foreshadow of their being six thousand years, or days, between Adam and the return of the last Adam (Jesus), with the thousand years of the millennium being the 7th day, aka Gods rest for His people - as taught by the church fathers such as Barnabas - which is called the sabbath-millennium doctrine.

The command for resting on the 7th day given only to Israel as a memorial and remembrance of their being delivered from slavery in Egypt, and as a covenant sign, was therefore another foreshadow of the coming millennial reign of Jesus.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Maybe somebody else can do it, even if he or she is not keeping the sabbath! That would be ironic, but the Lord can raised up any saint for that, but I am having trouble seeing that He would, only because I cannot seem to fathom it from your point of view to do that myself with His help.

LACONIC: You get this,
How either of two of the same opinion all along can't persuade either of the two of the same opinion all along. . .

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they were keeping it since the beginning, there would be no need to have it as the 4th commandment.
But, by this logic, any of the ten commandments that were being kept since the beginning would not be needed as one of the ten commandments. God said that Abraham kept not only His commandments, but His statutes and judgments. The book of Genesis is filled with references to acknowledgments and accounts of sin and law. Mustn't they all then be disqualified from appearing on the tables of stone?
I can believe the sons of God as Israel's ancestors going way back to Seth whom had replaced Abel that was slain, were honoring the Lord that day, but not quite like Israel did, because Israel was commanded to execute those breaking that commandment as part of keeping the sabbath day.
Progressive revelation, my friend. It's still going on today. It's God's way of meeting people where they are.
John 16:12 I still have much to tell you, but you cannot yet bear to hear it.
This lack of careful instructions to not kill anyone breaking the sabbath day for Christians to keep the sabbath day is found wanting in the N.T.
That's because Christ came to end theocracy and usher in the spiritual kingdom of God. Remember the 'woman taken in adultery' story?
Do consider that Jesus is our resting place and not the actual sabbath day.
If you knew how much I've considered that argument, you'd wonder that I hadn't been struck down from mental exhaustion already. :D
Others will know we are Christians by our love; not by our keeping the sabbath day for then how can they tell us apart from the Jews? How can Gentile believers in Christ know that Jewish believers in Christ are really believers if they continue to observe the sabbath?

So what sets us apart in the eyes of Jews, and the world, and God for God wants us to be set apart from them in representing the New Covenant?
There is no specific requirement or command to distinguish Jews from Gentiles. In fact, in Christ, there is neither male nor female, Jew nor Gentile, etc.
When you read about how the Father draws us unto the Son to reveal His Son to us so we can believe in Him to be saved, then our believing in Him is a work of God too for why we should know we are the children of God by faith in Jesus Christ.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
The Sabbath was never meant to make people children of God by itself. It is a single part of the ten-point moral code for human beings; not just followers of God.
The early churches in the N.T. worshipped Jesus Christ on the first day of the week because that is the Lord's day of His resurrection. That is when they did their collection at their church services for the support of the missionaries in the field.
I certainly hope they worshipped Him on Sunday (and every other day of the week), but the solemnity of the Seventh-day sabbath was never transferred to the first day of the week by God. It simply cannot be found in the Bible.This has been honestly demonstrated thousands and thousands of times.
1 Corinthians 16:1Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
The organization of a weekly offering doesn't constitute an indication of a new holy day.
So Christians were honoring the Lord on Sunday to be distinctive different from the Jews on the sabbath so both Jews & Gentile believers in Christ know they ae believers in Jesus Christ for honoring & worshiping on the first day of the week as the Lord's day of His resurrection.
Again, Christians doing anything doesn't make it holy. Only God can do that. And He never made another day holy, unless we want to start keeping Hebrew feasts and other ordinated convocations but those were, indeed, fulfilled and done away by Christ's sacrifice. :)

Reactions: Brakelite

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Circumcision and the sabbath day of rest were both ceremonial foreshadows of the circumcision of the heart, and Jesus giving us rest continuously, in the new covenant.

You are told to stop judging what day believers keep in Romans 14, and we are told to let no one judge us concerning the sabbath day - meaning the weekly and other sabbaths - because they are but mere shadows of Jesus, who is the substance (that the sabbath day is a shadow of), Colossians 2:16-17.
Fabulously faulty and fantastically artificial.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reckon only the Lord can help us to see what commandments are still in effect for why we keep them since His commandments are higher than the works of the law. One can say that honoring the Lord on the sabbath day just went to everyday for living that reconcile relationship with God in Jesus Christ, but there should be a difference for why we honor Him each day because we are saved as opposed to how the Jews were to do it on the sabbath day.
In Exo. 31:16, God explicitly states that the Sabbath command was an entirely separate covenant from the Sinai Covenant. So even if God's other commandments were abolished(and they weren't), the Sabbath still remains as an eternal obligation.

In Isa. 66:23, the prophet wrote that the whole world will keep the Sabbath when Jesus returns. Just because the animal sacrifices and other rituals that were customarily performed on the day aren't necessary, it doesn't mean the Sabbath command itself has changed. When He said His people are to forever devote the Sabbath to rest, worshiping Him, and assembling with other followers in Exo: 31:16, that's exactly what He meant. It goes without saying that a Christian should live holy lives every day of the week, but there is nothing in the NT that says God consecrated all 7 days as holy.
I wasn't even referring to you, @BarnyFife I've made similar comments previously. The rest day is Creational. But the Sabbath's part in the Old Economy is not central to the Gospel age; indeed, since the Resurrection is a fulfillment of the feasts of firstfruits, it's hard to go back to the Old Economy with its prescriptions.
You are hilariously wrong when you say the Sabbath isn't central to the gospel. As Paul taught in Heb. 4, the OT Israelites were given the gospel when they received the knowledge of God's Sabbath. The Sabbath has everything to do with the gospel because it is not only a reminder that the entire world will be at peace under God's government, but it is also a reminder that the entire world will know and worship the true God.

The fact that Paul goes on to connect the deaths of the Israelites who were condemned to death outside of the Promised Land for their inability to believe God and act on what He said(Num. 13-14)with Christians who will fail to make it into God's Kingdom and be condemned to eternal death for the same reason makes it even more obvious that the idea that the Sabbath has nothing to do with the biblical gospel is 100% false. The Sabbath points back to the true God and forward to the time where the whole world will know Him.
It has been wholly fulfilled. That is the proper terminology.

Since in Christ we have no outstanding debt of rest left to pay there's no need to try to do that through the commandment. It's the exact same reason why we don't try to atone for a sin debt, with a commanded sacrifice, that we don't have anymore.
Luk. 23:56 shows Christ's female followers keeping the Sabbath days after Jesus died, and Acts shows God's Church keeping the Sabbath decades after Jesus' ascension. Logic dictates that if Christ's followers were keeping it that long after His death and ascension, then it clearly means true Christians today would be doing the same thing.

Paul taught in Rom. 7:14 that the commandments are spiritual, so it's foolish(not to mention dishonest) to argue that keeping a spiritual and eternal commandment is the same as performing a carnal ordinance that was only meant to be temporary. God is spirit, therefore it stands to reason that the 4 commandments that show how He is to be worshiped would not have changed or been abolished. Would you argue that His commandments against idolatry, blasphemy, and misusing His name are as useful as performing animal sacrifices?

Neither one of those passages teach what you want to think they do, especially since Rom. 3:31 that 1 Cor. 7:19 show Paul upheld the eternal and ironclad authority of all 10 of God's commandments.

The fact that Paul clearly said the Sabbaths "are" symbolic of things to come and not "was" implies a present obligation, as any good English teacher would tell you. If anything, Col. 2:16-17 proves God's Church continued to keep it. Protestants and Catholics seem to lack basic reading comprehension skills because nothing in the entire NT says the Sabbath was only a past obligation. The Sabbath existed before the Sinai Covenant was ratified, God made it an entirely separate covenant, and the Sabbath covenant was made after the Sinai Covenant was ratified, therefore the Sabbath was not abolished with Jesus' death.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

How many times have yourselves told yourselves this? I'd rather not know.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been wholly fulfilled. That is the proper terminology.
Semantics. Multiple definitions of biblical fulfillment in the anti-Sabbatarian view.
Since in Christ we have no outstanding debt of rest left to pay there's no need to try to do that through the commandment. It's the exact same reason why we don't try to atone for a sin debt, with a commanded sacrifice, that we don't have anymore.
There never was an outstanding debt of rest. And, indeed, no debt can be paid by the keeping of a commandment.
Literal circumcision was a covenant imperative. One of the 'sign' commands, along with the Sabbath observance, and yet we now understand it to be a meaningless, outward observance. I mean, what spiritual value is there is having your foreskin cutoff? None, of course.
Circumcision and the Sabbath, even though always paired together in the anti-Sabbatarian view, have almost nothing in common. They don't even appear in the same document. Circumcision was originally an Abrahamic covenant imperative. It's never been a moral imperative because it appears nowhere in the moral law. It was an ordinance in the Mosaic ceremonial law, which has been done away by the sacrifice of Christ. It now symbolizes the removal of sin (instead of skin) from the heart. The Sabbath is a sign, but it is also a moral commandment. I didn't put it in there--God did. As recently as 60 years ago, no one argued that the Sabbath was abrogated, they just thought it was Sunday. It's so puzzling. Why do you think so many places are closed or closed early on Sunday?
Ditto for a literal Sabbath observance. It doesn't change anything. It doesn't touch the inward part of a person.
I beg to differ. Seriously devoting 24 hours especially to God every week forms a deep impression on people's hearts. The jury is in on that, my friend.
It's value, like circumcision, was in it being a useful illustration of the spiritual reality that does count and mean something. Isaiah 58 bears this out. The 'rest' that counts with God is your rest from sin.
Yeah, according to Isaiah 58, our rest from the sin of trampling the Sabbath. The chapter concerns general commandment-keeping, proper fasting, and Sabbath-keeping. No mention of circumcision whatsoever.
Just as the circumcision that counts with God is the putting off of the sin nature from the heart, not the flesh from the penis.
I went looking for a Bible passage that relates the meaning or purpose of circumcision to that of the Sabbath or of rest, in general, and I couldn't find a single one. Perhaps you'll have better luck. :)

Reactions: Brakelite

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gift Of The Sabbath - 53 Thanksgivings A Year - Is It For Us?
^ OP

Sure, I can agree with your parallel of “gathering” together one day a week....with others....
Synagogue practice of Jews and Church practice of Christians...

Remember those days were set aside, to REST in the PEACE in the HOUSE dedicated TO, and WITH....the “giver of rest and peace”.

A BORN AGAIN (converted IN Christ) person, IS in Rest and Peace in the House dedicated TO, and WITH....the “giver of rest and peace”....24-7...to those...that have become “OF God”.

The House, (Temple/Church) is within the man.
The Giver, is the Lord God.
The Giving, is THROUGH the Power of God, ie Christ.
The WITH, is Gods Spirit WITH man, mans spirit WITH God, 24-7
The REST and PEACE, is IN and WITH the mans spirit, 24-7

Peace.....with you....one thing.
Peace.....in you........another thing.
Peace out...curiously a 60’s slang term....that children ‘of flowers’ started...!!
(Obviously missing the knowledge, “of God”, IS Gods teaching.)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know of Scripture declaring that the 4th commandment--the Seventh-day Sabbath--was ceremonial and a foreshadow of the circumcision of the heart?
Neither passage refers to the Seventh-day Sabbath. There was a problem with Gentile Christians judging and persecuting Jewish converts to Christianity for retaining their festivals and seasons from the ceremonial law of Moses. The 4th commandment of God was never in question. If it were we would have evidence of Jewish uprisings protesting its annulment, which, we do not have.

The Sabbath-millennium doctrine may be more than a product of coincidence, but nowhere in the Bible is it found being taught as a prophetical foreshadow or typical-antitypical motif or as a defense for setting aside the 7th-day Sabbath of God's law. Orthodox biblical doctrine cannot be established on fascinating theories. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gift Of The Sabbath - 53 Thanksgivings A Year - Is It For Us?
^ OP

Sure, I can agree with your parallel of “gathering” together one day a week....with others....
Synagogue practice of Jews and Church practice of Christians...

Remember those days were set aside, to REST in the PEACE in the HOUSE dedicated TO, and WITH....the “giver of rest and peace”.

A BORN AGAIN (converted IN Christ) person, IS in Rest and Peace in the House dedicated TO, and WITH....the “giver of rest and peace”....24-7...to those...that have become “OF God”.

The House, (Temple/Church) is within the man.
The Giver, is the Lord God.
The Giving, is THROUGH the Power of God, ie Christ.
The WITH, is Gods Spirit WITH man, mans spirit WITH God, 24-7
The REST and PEACE, is IN and WITH the mans spirit, 24-7

Peace.....with you....one thing.
Peace.....in you........another thing.
Peace out...curiously a 60’s slang term....that children ‘of flowers’ started...!!
(Obviously missing the knowledge, “of God”, IS Gods teaching.)
Thanks for participating. :cool:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is good to put aside a day for worship and praise but frankly that could be any day or all days. My church had services Friday and Saturday night and two on Sunday. Whatever worked with your schedule is the way I see it. It was a spirit-filled Church that flourished. Churches like Calvary Chapel grow tremendously. Why? God grew them. This is another sign that God is pleased with us - growth. I have visited stagnant churches that haven't grown in 50 years mainly because the Pastor and congregation were legalistic. We are not under the Law, we are under Grace. This Pastor would focus too much on sin and make you feel as though you weren't worthy to even receive communion with the Lord - quite damming. I never went back.

At the end of time will there be a Saturday or Sunday? Is there a Saturday or Sunday in Heaven? No.
Christ gave us examples of the church-types that existed throughout the Church Age in Revelation. Two out of Seven were righteous, the rest needed to repent for various reasons: sin, false doctrine, etc.
Legalism thwarts growth. Look at your church. Is it spirit-filled, loving, spreading love and joy, peace and good will or are they focused on the LAW, constantly pointing fingers, hitting people over the head with the Bible even to the point of anger and hatred? That kind of church will not grow and I would advice you to flee and find a better one.

All believers have been Spirit-filled since salvation as a testimony from God that we are saved; Matthew 9:17 this is why after coming to and believing in Jesus Christ, we would never hunger nor thirst to be filled again. John 6:35

So beware those that preach another Jesus, or another spirit assuming it is the Holy Spirit, or another gospel to receive because that is not of Him. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & 1 Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 & Colossians 2:5-10 & 1 Corinthians 12:13 & Ephesians 4:4-6 & Galatians 3:26

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All believers have been Spirit-filled since salvation as a testimony from God that we are saved; Matthew 9:17 this is why after coming to and believing in Jesus Christ, we would never hunger nor thirst to be filled again. John 6:35

So beware those that preach another Jesus, or another spirit assuming it is the Holy Spirit, or another gospel to receive because that is not of Him. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & 1 Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 & Colossians 2:5-10 & 1 Corinthians 12:13 & Ephesians 4:4-6 & Galatians 3:26

Yes.
Huge difference between......
ARE sav-ed....and SHALL BE sav-ed.....WILL NOT Be sav-ed.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Exo. 31:16, God explicitly states that the Sabbath command was an entirely separate covenant from the Sinai Covenant. So even if God's other commandments were abolished(and they weren't), the Sabbath still remains as an eternal obligation.

Thank you for sharing, however, there are some contentions here. I apply your verse towards that Old Covenant.

Exodus 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Hebrew 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

It is His righteousness apart from the law, and that includes the sabbath day commandment, is why believers are guiltless for profaning the sabbath because they are saved since they had come to & believed in Jesus Christ. That is why there is no more need for the Jews to keep the sabbath day to obtain salvation for now as believers in Jesus Christ, they are saved. Even though His word regarding the sabbath day is still present for why believers are profaning it, but because Christ is in them is why they ae guiltless by His righteousness apart from the law.

In Isa. 66:23, the prophet wrote that the whole world will keep the Sabbath when Jesus returns. Just because the animal sacrifices and other rituals that were customarily performed on the day aren't necessary, it doesn't mean the Sabbath command itself has changed. When He said His people are to forever devote the Sabbath to rest, worshiping Him, and assembling with other followers in Exo: 31:16, that's exactly what He meant.

I read that reference below as all coming to Him to worship Him every day of the week, and not just on the sabbath, because it started out from one new moon to another and from one sabbath to another.

Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord. 24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

So they are not really keeping the sabbath day like the Jews in the O.T. It was just written that they would be coming to Him to worship Him everyday of the week. If you consider the whole world doing that, it would take every day of the week for everybody to have that opportunity. Not that they be coming every day of the week, but the world will be coming every day of the week to come to Him to worship Him.

It goes without saying that a Christian should live holy lives every day of the week, but there is nothing in the NT that says God consecrated all 7 days as holy.

That is how I see Isaiah 66:23 to be applied as.

You are hilariously wrong when you say the Sabbath isn't central to the gospel. As Paul taught in Heb. 4, the OT Israelites were given the gospel when they received the knowledge of God's Sabbath. The Sabbath has everything to do with the gospel because it is not only a reminder that the entire world will be at peace under God's government, but it is also a reminder that the entire world will know and worship the true God.

So are you saying you still have to keep the sabbath to be saved?

Or are you saying you keep the sabbath to stay saved?

Or are you saying because you are keeping the sabbath, it means you are saved?

I believe this verse identifies us as the children of God rather than keeping the sabbath.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith...........26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

John had written the commandments for us to keep to be seen as abiding in Him.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

No emphasis on keeping the sabbath for abiding in Him there.

The fact that Paul goes on to connect the deaths of the Israelites who were condemned to death outside of the Promised Land for their inability to believe God and act on what He said(Num. 13-14)with Christians who will fail to make it into God's Kingdom and be condemned to eternal death for the same reason makes it even more obvious that the idea that the Sabbath has nothing to do with the biblical gospel is 100% false. The Sabbath points back to the true God and forward to the time where the whole world will know Him.
Luk. 23:56 shows Christ's female followers keeping the Sabbath days after Jesus died, and Acts shows God's Church keeping the Sabbath decades after Jesus' ascension. Logic dictates that if Christ's followers were keeping it that long after His death and ascension, then it clearly means true Christians today would be doing the same thing.

Paul taught in Rom. 7:14 that the commandments are spiritual, so it's foolish(not to mention dishonest) to argue that keeping a spiritual and eternal commandment is the same as performing a carnal ordinance that was only meant to be temporary. God is spirit, therefore it stands to reason that the 4 commandments that show how He is to be worshiped would not have changed or been abolished. Would you argue that His commandments against idolatry, blasphemy, and misusing His name are as useful as performing animal sacrifices?
Neither one of those passages teach what you want to think they do, especially since Rom. 3:31 that 1 Cor. 7:19 show Paul upheld the eternal and ironclad authority of all 10 of God's commandments.

The fact that Paul clearly said the Sabbaths "are" symbolic of things to come and not "was" implies a present obligation, as any good English teacher would tell you. If anything, Col. 2:16-17 proves God's Church continued to keep it. Protestants and Catholics seem to lack basic reading comprehension skills because nothing in the entire NT says the Sabbath was only a past obligation. The Sabbath existed before the Sinai Covenant was ratified, God made it an entirely separate covenant, and the Sabbath covenant was made after the Sinai Covenant was ratified, therefore the Sabbath was not abolished with Jesus' death.

I thank you again for sharing, but again, something is not aligning here in scripture for how you apply Paul as menaing.

Why was Paul giving the order to all the churches in Galatia and at Corinth about how to do the collection for the saints in the ministry on the first day of the week? It was to be done after the bounty was collected at church service where they would put aside a portion from the bounty collected for supporting the saints in the mission field so there would be no special collection for them or Paul when they would come.

1 Corinthians 16:1Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.