The Goalposts of Understanding All Move!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I spend most of my time here attempting to clarify the misconceptions of most Christians.

Now, that may sound arrogant, but no--it's not me--it's just that time, that time that was foretold of being lead unto all truth and the finish of the mystery of God as He told to His servants the prophets.

As for "the goalposts all moving"...most of what I spend my time here doing is clarifying the timing of events. Granted, things have all been revealed and even foretold as if on a timeline. But if we are to have any spiritual discernment at all, even the smallest amount, then it should be clear that in reality the things of a God who "is the same yesterday, today, and forever"--are not actually on a timeline, but only revealed on one. After all, where is the chronology in "I AM?"

Are you hearing me?

Godly events--every one of them--exist, not in the world per se, but in Him.

It is true--we do presently live in the world and are on a timeline. But just as it is written that "now is the day of salvation", being applicable to every day and time as if time did not actually exist--this is the correct way of looking at all that is of God. Eventually.

Oh, and I do marvel at the dates and formulas and the math, and even the accurate ability to see those things line up just as so many discover them to line up as they are even written. But I tell you--that is not the end of understanding all truth--but just the beginning.

In the end, and with a full and complete and clear understanding of all truth and every matter of God that is written, indeed, the goalposts all move to their rightful place at the time of Christ--not actually on this timeline that was merely created for their revealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you hearing me?

ScottA, whenever I see a response from you to a post that i have penned, the switch automatically turns off as you are so often missing the mark, so to speak.

We can fall into and out of our salvation. In our seeking of a relationship with God, we need to follow the clues that present themselves to us and enter into a one-on-one dialogue with God so that we grow closer to a more meaningful relationship with God.

The complete history for mankind is upon a timeline of which any one person only exists for a very small portion along that timeline.

At the present time the cares of the world are attempting to choke out any formal relationship that we may have with God. Jesus told us that this would occur. The Bible also shows us what is happening during our existence along the timeline for mankind.

What is important is, for the "prophets," to be able to explain where we are on the timeline for mankind and what is occurring and why it is occurring.

So often your pontifications on this forum miss this point when you expand about your concepts about time.

Where are we along man's timeline? My understanding is that we are in the time of Israel's seek God once more. Knowing this, we can more easily understand the significance of what is presently occurring. Sadly, many of our theological beliefs do not match up with God's reality because of the confusion created with so many misguided opinions that have been penned where people have been attempting to explain our circumstances. One of those misguided perceptions is who or what are the entities of the beasts of Daniel 7. Our misconceptions are masking the realities of what is actually occurring.

Often ScottA, you are of no earthly use in this aspect of our understanding.

Yes, our day of salvation has, is and will come for each and every one of us as we respond to God's drawing of us to gather us to Himself.

So often, our respective complexities, complicates the drawing processes of God. as we are gathered to Him.

But then again, "Who is so' perfect,' in this aspect?"

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScottA, whenever I see a response from you to a post that i have penned, the switch automatically turns off as you are so often missing the mark, so to speak.

We can fall into and out of our salvation. In our seeking of a relationship with God, we need to follow the clues that present themselves to us and enter into a one-on-one dialogue with God so that we grow closer to a more meaningful relationship with God.

The complete history for mankind is upon a timeline of which any one person only exists for a very small portion along that timeline.

At the present time the cares of the world are attempting to choke out any formal relationship that we may have with God. Jesus told us that this would occur. The Bible also shows us what is happening during our existence along the timeline for mankind.

What is important is, for the "prophets," to be able to explain where we are on the timeline for mankind and what is occurring and why it is occurring.

So often your pontifications on this forum miss this point when you expand about your concepts about time.

Where are we along man's timeline? My understanding is that we are in the time of Israel's seek God once more. Knowing this, we can more easily understand the significance of what is presently occurring. Sadly, many of our theological beliefs do not match up with God's reality because of the confusion created with so many misguided opinions that have been penned where people have been attempting to explain our circumstances. One of those misguided perceptions is who or what are the entities of the beasts of Daniel 7. Our misconceptions are masking the realities of what is actually occurring.

Often ScottA, you are of no earthly use in this aspect of our understanding.

Yes, our day of salvation has, is and will come for each and every one of us as we respond to God's drawing of us to gather us to Himself.

So often, our respective complexities, complicates the drawing processes of God. as we are gathered to Him.

But then again, "Who is so' perfect,' in this aspect?"

Unfortunately, it is you who has missed the point.

The point is the events on this would-be timeline come to an end. This is not me waxing philosophical, and I know those that do have caused you to grow weary. But are those things that are to come not first announced? And just how is that, are they announced by the Priests or the Pharisees? Did you expect that with the church new wine would be put into what are now old wineskins? No, but just as there were false Priests among Israel, there have also been false teachers among us; and yet new things He declares before they come about. Which things are not new and would not appear to be new if not for the believing of a lie, just as it was foretold. Therefore what you have not yet heard is made new again.

Again, the point is that foretold end has begun to dawn, and I declare the times in the way that I do because this is to be a time of transition or terror. So, hear or do not, but this generation is like that one which brought the end of Israel, of whom our Lord was the Last. After which He was also the First of this time of the Gentiles wherein the spirit of God is poured out upon all flesh as a result of Israel's abominations; the end of which is to be like that of Israel who rejected the coming of Messiah in the flesh, who is now also rejected in the spirit by those who prefer the flesh.

As for your outlook on the times, there is no actual process of salvation regarding time--no tomorrow. This is just us being us from beginning to end, being drawn out over the creation of time that was to reveal us as we are--the man of sin revealed. Therefore Jesus came preaching that we must also be born of the spirit of God, many of whom have only received in part while glorifying the flesh. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Like the days of Noah, when the ship sails, its too late.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The point is the events on this would-be timeline come to an end. This is not me waxing philosophical, and I know those that do have caused you to grow weary.

An assumption based on what? Your funny bone feelings.

But are those things that are to come not first announced? And just how is that, are they announced by the Priests or the Pharisees? Did you expect that with the church new wine would be put into what are now old wineskins?

So are you the prophet to convey this understanding?

No, but just as there were false Priests among Israel, there have also been false teachers among us; and yet new things He declares before they come about. Which things are not new and would not appear to be new if not for the believing of a lie, just as it was foretold. Therefore what you have not yet heard is made new again.

This is so true. There are many who claim to be the "true" prophets of God. The true prophets know that before the "Neo/new/fresh" wine can be put into wineskins, the wineskins must first be renewed/restored/refurbished so that they are capable to hold the "new wine, i.e., the Holy Spirit, when they are filled with the new grape juice.

Now as you can only glean a small insight into who I am, you can appreciate that your understanding of who I am has not been revealed to you. You have no understanding as to whether or not I have heard from God with respect to the End Times.

You explanation of the "New Wine in the Renewed Wineskins" parable demonstrates that your understanding is suspect on a number of fronts.

Again, the point is that foretold end has begun to dawn, and I declare the times in the way that I do because this is to be a time of transition or terror. So, hear or do not, but this generation is like that one which brought the end of Israel, of whom our Lord was the Last. After which He was also the First of this time of the Gentiles wherein the spirit of God is poured out upon all flesh as a result of Israel's abominations; the end of which is to be like that of Israel who rejected the coming of Messiah in the flesh, who is now also rejected in the spirit by those who prefer the flesh.

So, I can infer from your understanding of God's intended future use of the Israelite Saints to be a blessing to all of the peoples of the world, will not happen, but that is still a part of the Abrahamic Covenant given to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. This is not my understanding of the Scriptures as they have been revealed to me through my studies of what has been recorded in them.

As for the time of terror that you speak of, my understanding is that that is still in our distant future after the Bottomless pit is unlocked after the 1,000 years of the imprisonment of those judged at the time of Armageddon occurs.

It has been impressed upon me during my study and meditation of the OT, that a "generation" as found in the Hebrew Text with the Root word H:1755 embedded within it actually points to a time span of just over 1,000 years. The OT prophets, including Moses, all agree that God will gather the Israelite Saints to Himself where they are living scattered throughout all of the earth after the conclusion of the visitation of the fathers iniquities upon the father's children and the children's children after the passing of the third and the fourth generational ages have run their respective course. When the time of the Gentiles comes to an end of oppressing God's earthly hosts, for their iniquities of idolatrous worship, He will plant them in Jesus' fertile soil/field and will teach them on the religion of Christ being the Son of God. It is at this time that God will establish His everlasting Kingdom on the earth and the great harvest of souls will begin.

Scott, you seem to be opposing God's prophetic plan for all of mankind.

God's goal posts are not moving as your posts in this thread seems to be suggesting.

Shalom

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I can infer from your understanding of God's intended future use of the Israelite Saints to be a blessing to all of the peoples of the world, will not happen, but that is still a part of the Abrahamic Covenant given to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. This is not my understanding of the Scriptures as they have been revealed to me through my studies of what has been recorded in them.

As for the time of terror that you speak of, my understanding is that that is still in our distant future after the Bottomless pit is unlocked after the 1,000 years of the imprisonment of those judged at the time of Armageddon occurs.

It has been impressed upon me during my study and meditation of the OT, that a "generation" as found in the Hebrew Text with the Root word H:1755 embedded within it actually points to a time span of just over 1,000 years. The OT prophets, including Moses, all agree that God will gather the Israelite Saints to Himself where they are living scattered throughout all of the earth after the conclusion of the visitation of the fathers iniquities upon the father's children and the children's children after the passing of the third and the fourth generational ages have run their respective course. When the time of the Gentiles comes to an end of oppressing God's earthly hosts, for their iniquities of idolatrous worship, He will plant them in Jesus' fertile soil/field and will teach them on the religion of Christ being the Son of God. It is at this time that God will establish His everlasting Kingdom on the earth and the great harvest of souls will begin.

God's goal posts are not moving as your posts in this thread seems to be suggesting.

Jesus made His corrections before Israel of what was foretold of the times to come, but was rejected. At which point He told them assuredly speaking to those alive at the time, saying "you", that "this generation" (their generation) would see "all these things come to pass." But they did not believe Him, nor did the early church who at first expected Him to appear at any moment, but then alternatively began to believe the false teaching and the lie bringing strong delusion and great apostacy. These things too are also written and should have changed the erroneous expectations of what was formerly believed, and yet they have not been taken to heart to the reproof of those who have been following the lie. It is according to these reproofs that I have been speaking, for which I also offer correction before the times are complete.

If you have any one point of doctrine that keeps you held fast to your beliefs that you believe I have contradicted, name that one thing and I will explain the error of it further.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An assumption based on what? Your funny bone feelings.

So are you the prophet to convey this understanding?

This is so true. There are many who claim to be the "true" prophets of God. The true prophets know that before the "Neo/new/fresh" wine can be put into wineskins, the wineskins must first be renewed/restored/refurbished so that they are capable to hold the "new wine, i.e., the Holy Spirit, when they are filled with the new grape juice.

Now as you can only glean a small insight into who I am, you can appreciate that your understanding of who I am has not been revealed to you. You have no understanding as to whether or not I have heard from God with respect to the End Times.

You explanation of the "New Wine in the Renewed Wineskins" parable demonstrates that your understanding is suspect on a number of fronts.

Shalom

AKA , THEY MUST FIRST BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST .
Now i pray to GOD you understand that simple truth . Just wanted to remind us .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THEY MUST BELIEVE FIRST IN JESUS CHRIST . That is what this means .

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
AKA , THEY MUST FIRST BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST .
Now i pray to GOD you understand that simple truth . Just wanted to remind us .

I believe that Paul in Ephesians 4 best describes what is required of the Saints: -

Ephesians 4:20-24: - 20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the renewed/restored/refurbished man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

Now if you have been renewed/restored/refurbished then the step that you say that they must also first believe in Jesus Christ has already taken place.

I have not changed the Gospel Message as it seems that you are suggesting that I have.

Please do not put words into my posts that I did not write.

Now it seems appropriate for me to suggest to you that your prayer for me is just as fitting for you as it might be for me.

Shalom

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you have any one point of doctrine that keeps you held fast to your beliefs that you believe I have contradicted, name that one thing and I will explain the error of it further.

ScottA, your so-called correction has not changed my understanding at all as to what is to occur during the End Times during the last Generation/Age.

It is your poor understanding of what Jesus said that needs correction.

In the Parable of the Minas Jesus told the Israelites around Him on His way up from Jericho to Bethany, that when Satan goes away to be imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit in the near future, that they, the Israelite will send a delegation after him to tell the "powers" that be who can give Satan his desired kingship, that they no longer want Satan to be their master. Jesus tells us that, after Satan returns, that he asks for the Israelites to be brought before him so that they can be killed in front of him. This is also foretold to us in Rev 12 where we are informed that Satan is very angry when he is released from the pit because his time is very short.

Also in Luke 14 Jesus speaks prophetically that they, the Israelites will attempt to rebuild the Temple, so that they can reconnect with God, but when they see a "King" judging the kings of the earth for their trampling of God's heavenly hosts at Armageddon, that they will send a delegation to that "King," i.e., Jesus, to seek His terms of peace.

Paul in Romans 11:25-26 also tells us that after the fulness with respect to time of the Gentiles trampling God's Sanctuary and His Earthly Hosts is completed, with the judgement of the Gentiles at Armageddon, that "all" of Israel will be saved.

Your claim that the Israelites will be rejected at this time because they rejected Christ during the time of His first advent, is a false claim on your part. There is no explanation that you could possibly present that could possibly change the fact that the Israelites will come and bow down before Christ and seek His terms of peace in our near future.

Now, Scott, you have a Blessed Day now, while you can, before you too are judged for your righteousness.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Paul in Ephesians 4 best describes what is required of the Saints: -

Ephesians 4:20-24: - 20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the renewed/restored/refurbished man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

Now if you have been renewed/restored/refurbished then the step that you say that they must also first believe in Jesus Christ has already taken place.

I have not changed the Gospel Message as it seems that you are suggesting that I have.

Now it seems appropriate for me to suggest to you that your prayer for me is just as fitting for you as it might be for me.

Shalom
Lets not jump to assumptions and conclusions my friend . You were not being accused .
I was just making sure folks KNEW that If one believes NOT IN JESUS CHRIST
its all in vain .
Yes if one truly believes in JESUS CHRIST they would have confessed him by mouth believing IN HE ALONE for salvation .
THEN the proof of their conversion WILL BE SEEN.
To all believers we would remind them OF all things CHRIST and the apostles taught .
But i see a teaching today at work . ITS a false one . And i just wanted to make
sure no one ever once believes it . YOU were not and still are not being accused of this other teaching that i speak often about
my friend .
The teaching of falsehoods or the lie as i call it , IS THIS
THEY are teaching JESUS is already at work in folks , they are saved no matter what they believe or whatever religoin they serve .
THAT my FRIEND IS A LIE . As , buest guess you agree with me its a lie .
But you were not being accused . Many also teach some of the teachings of CHRIST JESUS
and yet SURE SEEM TO OMIT HIS WARNINGS about those who heard and yet believed not .
And i am just ensuring that none follow this other pattern i am seeing at work .
But again , YOU were NOT being accused . I was making sure , however , to MAKE SURE
and say WE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST . OR , Yeah ITS ALL VAIN .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom
Yes . We must remind all with all them reminders . Every WORD of holy pure doctrine left to us
in that holy book ought with upmost urgency be taught . SO KEEP REMINDING ALL .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScottA, your so-called correction has not changed my understanding at all as to what is to occur during the End Times during the last Generation/Age.

It is your poor understanding of what Jesus said that needs correction.

In the Parable of the Minas Jesus told the Israelites around Him on His way up from Jericho to Bethany, that when Satan goes away to be imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit in the near future, that they, the Israelite will send a delegation after him to tell the "powers" that be who can give Satan his desired kingship, that they no longer want Satan to be their master. Jesus tells us that, after Satan returns, that he asks for the Israelites to be brought before him so that they can be killed in front of him. This is also foretold to us in Rev 12 where we are informed that Satan is very angry when he is released from the pit because his time is very short.

Also in Luke 14 Jesus speaks prophetically that they, the Israelites will attempt to rebuild the Temple, so that they can reconnect with God, but when they see a "King" judging the kings of the earth for their trampling of God's heavenly hosts at Armageddon, that they will send a delegation to that "King," i.e., Jesus, to seek His terms of peace.

Paul in Romans 11:25-26 also tells us that after the fulness with respect to time of the Gentiles trampling God's Sanctuary and His Earthly Hosts is completed, with the judgement of the Gentiles at Armageddon, that "all" of Israel will be saved.

Your claim that the Israelites will be rejected at this time because they rejected Christ during the time of His first advent, is a false claim on your part. There is no explanation that you could possibly present that could possibly change the fact that the Israelites will come and bow down before Christ and seek His terms of peace in our near future.

Now, Scott, you have a Blessed Day now, while you can, before you too are judged for your righteousness.

Indeed, comprehension is the problem. Yours.

I never claimed that "the Israelites will be rejected", but stated rather the historical fact that they had rejected Jesus.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All things happen, to every generation - that's the simplest way to put that it's better to wait
(than pretend to know).