The goddess liberty!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how about Is 7:14 Rev 12:1
Queen Esther is also a pagan goddess? Yes Esther is a type of Mary!

Revelation 12:1 is in reference to the nation of Israel.

But there is one thing I might find educational if you could tell me. How does the Catholic church interpret Revelation 12:6 if it is referring to Mary? Not challenging you on it. I'm honestly curious.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is not Christianizing pagan holidays but conquered the pagans all saints day is nov 1 to conquer the highest pagan holiday oct 31 now oct 31 is the vigil

Another curious question then: Why did the Catholic Church not continue to preserve the observance of the Jewish holidays like the early church did?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 12:1 is in reference to the nation of Israel.

But there is one thing I might find educational if you could tell me. How does the Catholic church interpret Revelations 12:6 if it is referring to Mary. Not challenging you on it. I'm honestly curious.

first the child is Jesus and Mary is His mother, and Israel is a type of Mary as was Queen Esther

Vs 6 refers to the flight into Egypt

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another curious question then: Why did the Catholic Church not continue to preserve the observance of the Jewish holidays like the early church did?

it is offensive to Christ, in establishing the new the old passed away, to celebrate the Mosaic covenant Passover after Christ changed it to the new covenant Passover would be blasphemy? Would deny the sacrifice of Christ!

Reactions: historyb

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vs 6 refers to the flight into Egypt

1,260 days is the exact same amount of time as the 3 1/2 years ascribed to the tribulation period. Why would they regard this as mere coincidence?

My other question would be what evidence do they have that Mary and Joseph were in Egypt for exactly 1,260 days other than the above interpretation of the verse?

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is offensive to Christ, in establishing the new the old passed away, to celebrate the Mosaic covenant Passover after Christ changed it to the new covenant Passover would be blasphemy? Would deny the sacrifice of Christ!

Ok, here your position has very serious problems, and you really ought to reconsider this regardless of what your church teaches or not. They are telling you here that they deemed it far wiser to abandon holidays which prophetically pointed to the crucifixion of Christ, the preaching to the Old Testament saints in the Underworld, the leading of the saints by Christ into Heaven after His resurrection, PENTECOST for heaven's sakes, the end-time persecution/ martyrdom of the saints, and the rapture of the church - that they deemed it far better to drop holidays that were to serve as reminders of all that, and instead adopted ones that make us mindful of Easter bunnies and Christmas trees? You truly think this is pleasurable to Christ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1,260 days is the exact same amount of time as the 3 1/2 years ascribed to the tribulation period. Why would they regard this as mere coincidence?

My other question would be what evidence do they have that Mary and Joseph were in Egypt for exactly 1,260 days other than the above interpretation of the verse?

revelation is not always literal but metaphor

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As rev 1 says these things must shortly come to pass is that 2000 yrs?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, here your position has very serious problems, and you really ought to reconsider this regardless of what your church teaches or not. They are telling you here that they deemed it far wiser to abandon holidays which prophetically pointed to the crucifixion of Christ, the preaching to the Old Testament saints in the Underworld, the leading of the saints by Christ into Heaven after His resurrection, PENTECOST for heaven's sakes, the end-time persecution/ martyrdom of the saints, and the rapture of the church - that they deemed it far better to drop holidays that were to serve as reminders of all that, and instead adopted ones that make us mindful of Easter bunnies and Christmas trees? You truly think this is pleasurable to Christ?
I know! If we're going to 'morph' holidays into something for us, why not start with better holidays??

Much love!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stop making assumptions the world not the church teaches bunnies and trees?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did not borrow anything stop your assumptions that are based on your bias and spiritual pride, scales on your eyes

in the line of David it is automatic the mother of the king is queen, and Jesus is king of Heaven it is automatic that Mary must be queen of heaven
Well, God did not call Mary the queen of Heaven, but the goddess Asherah was called this. You are using man’s reasoning to go beyond what God ‘s Word tells us.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
revelation is not always literal but metaphor

This is a problem. When you adopt this method where very specific quantities of time are being mentioned in scripture, you are in effect dismissing the verses in question out of hand rather than having to account for them. That is not scholarship.
Stop making assumptions the world not the church teaches bunnies and trees?

The world was observing such things LONG before the Catholic church adopted them and Christianized them, which is the point we've been making. If the Catholic church had not adopted the bunny and tree holidays and dropped the Jewish ones, we might be reminded of truly Holy, divinely instituted observances and not pagan ones.

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idolatrous people create new gods for everything. Just because liberty was personified in ancient times, means nothing to us now. Who actually believes liberty is a goddess?

Liberty is best thought of as a gift from God. The bondage of sin, and the weight of the law, that was removed by Jesus Christ. That state of being free is liberty. That liberty makes the offering of our lives more valuable. To compell one to give, it lowers the value of an offering.
Agree! I have a question....when you pledge allegiance to something is this idolatry?
The reason I ask is because The Pledge of Allegiance was said every morning in class before classes began when I was in school. We all had to stand, face the flag, put our hand over our heart and recite the pledge.
EVERY SINGLE DAY of school.
As I was reading through this thread it crossed my mind that this could be idolatry in God's eyes.
What do you think?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, and He has used many, many other women in the salvation process to preach the gospel! He has used me in this way.

only Mary is the mother of our salvation and only a man can be a father, bishop, apostle, no offense to women

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only Mary is the mother of our salvation and only a man can be a father, bishop, apostle, no offense to women
My "spiritual mother," figuratively speaking, is a woman who began praying for my salvation before I was born. My parents were not Christians when I was growing up, but this woman gave me a Bible when I graduated from high school, and God used this Bible in the process of saving me. However, literally speaking, no human is our spiritual parent. Only God is our spiritual Father.

I seriously doubt that Mary had anything to do with my salvation. Sorry if this offends you. :)

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your level of wisdom, knowledge and understanding of His Word is severely hindered by your refusal to Seek Him and to receive wisdom from those who are more skilled in His Word than you are.
What you continue to speak as truth comes from the teaching of your religion....but I encourage you to seek His Hidden Wisdom and ask Him to open your eyes to see, ears to hear, and heart to receive what the Holy Spirit wants to teach you....after all He is called The Spirit of Truth....and scripture says that no man need teach you anything but the Holy Spirit will teach you all things and guide you into all truth....His Truth not man's doctrines.
I have read many of your replies here and I know a couple of the members that you have argued with are VERY SKILLED in the Wisdom, knowledge and understanding of scripture. And one of them has studied the original Greek/Hebrew language as it was first written and can bring a lot of clarity to scriptures that are hard to understand.
You would benefit greatly to be a student for a while instead of the teacher.
I hope you will pray about it and consider my advice.
God Bless.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is not Christianizing pagan holidays but conquered the pagans all saints day is nov 1 to conquer the highest pagan holiday oct 31 now oct 31 is the vigil

You really should consider using punctuation. I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying here.

Christ didn't conquer the pagans or their holidays. He died and rose from the dead so that they could be set free from their pagan rituals and false beliefs.

Reactions: Heart2Soul