The goddess liberty!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Agree! I have a question....when you pledge allegiance to something is this idolatry?
The reason I ask is because The Pledge of Allegiance was said every morning in class before classes began when I was in school. We all had to stand, face the flag, put our hand over our heart and recite the pledge.
EVERY SINGLE DAY of school.
As I was reading through this thread it crossed my mind that this could be idolatry in God's eyes.
What do you think?

I think the pledge is an oath, which is also forbidden. Though at least it claims the nation is under God. I choose to interpret that as being under God's authority. So we declare that one nation under God is no nation without him.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, History, I wouldn't mind if we were using the old Jewish lunar calendar myself. Maybe it would encourage a supposedly Christian nation to be keeping the Jewish holidays like the early church did, instead of all this pagan stuff we do today.

Just saying. Sometimes it pays to be a little skittish.

Except we are not Jewish and not under the Jewish law or Jewish system. I would not never want to be a part of something like that.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree! I have a question....when you pledge allegiance to something is this idolatry?
The reason I ask is because The Pledge of Allegiance was said every morning in class before classes began when I was in school. We all had to stand, face the flag, put our hand over our heart and recite the pledge.
As I was reading through this thread it crossed my mind that this could be idolatry in God's eyes.
What do you think?
Sorry again for the second time today H2S, but the Statue of Liberty was created to represent the goddess Asherah (aka Libertas and by other names) mentioned in Jeremiah and Isaiah. This goddess was called the "queen of heaven" in the Bible. I posted some links to articles up there in this thread somewhere if you're interested in learning about it. I have always loved the Statue of Liberty and have seen it as a symbol of freedom, but the article I linked to paints a different picture of the statue.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh brother!
Go ahead and "oh, brother" me, HB, but I think this is very important, esp. where Revelation 17 and 18 are talking about this goddess. Just look at the cross references in your Bible. You will see.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry again for the second time today H2S, but the Statue of Liberty was created to represent the goddess Asherah (aka Libertas and by other names) mentioned in Jeremiah and Isaiah. This goddess was called the "queen of heaven" in the Bible. I posted some links to articles up there in this thread somewhere if you're interested in learning about it. I have always loved the Statue of Liberty and have seen it as a symbol of freedom, but the article I linked to paints a different picture of the statue.
I agree...I also did some research on it...but lforrest's post about idolatry made.me question what we pledge allegiance or oaths to as whether it too is idolatry.
Thanks for the reply.
God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think?

Submit to Jesus Christ the king,
Your level of wisdom, knowledge and understanding of His Word is severely hindered by your refusal to Seek Him and to receive wisdom from those who are more skilled in His Word than you are.
What you continue to speak as truth comes from the teaching of your religion....but I encourage you to seek His Hidden Wisdom and ask Him to open your eyes to see, ears to hear, and heart to receive what the Holy Spirit wants to teach you....after all He is called The Spirit of Truth....and scripture says that no man need teach you anything but the Holy Spirit will teach you all things and guide you into all truth....His Truth not man's doctrines.
I have read many of your replies here and I know a couple of the members that you have argued with are VERY SKILLED in the Wisdom, knowledge and understanding of scripture. And one of them has studied the original Greek/Hebrew language as it was first written and can bring a lot of clarity to scriptures that are hard to understand.
You would benefit greatly to be a student for a while instead of the teacher.
I hope you will pray about it and consider my advice.
God Bless.

many wisdom and insight is appreciated I have learned

what is your problem with Mary being the mother Of Jesus?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My "spiritual mother," figuratively speaking, is a woman who began praying for my salvation before I was born. My parents were not Christians when I was growing up, but this woman gave me a Bible when I graduated from high school, and God used this Bible in the process of saving me. However, literally speaking, no human is our spiritual parent. Only God is our spiritual Father.

I seriously doubt that Mary had anything to do with my salvation. Sorry if this offends you. :)

does not offend, Jesus is our salvation! Mary is His mother, that makes Her the mother of our salvation? Right
And because Esther a type of Mary is Queen and all fair and found favor with the king, Mary Queen all fair funds favor with God, refering to the grace of salvation lost by Adam, Lk 1:28 and because she consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 and being mother of God Lk 1:43

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except we are not Jewish and not under the Jewish law or Jewish system. I would not never want to be a part of something like that.

Understand, History. The church observed the Jewish festivals after the Spirit, not after the letter of the law and the strictness of the Jewish system. I wouldn't want to return to that either. Paul referred to them as merely the "shadows" of coming things. But they were nonetheless prophetic foreshadowings of the great events in the history of the New Testament church, and some of those fulfillments are still ahead of us, so I see no harm in those who wish to observe them after their own spiritual manner for the sake of meditating upon Biblical truths. I think it beats meditating on being surrounded by nine miles of chocolate rabbits and marshmallow peeps any day of the week, LoL (though I truly wish I could still eat chocolate, but caffeine does ugly things to my disposition now. Cruel stroke of fate).

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think?
Does God disagree with what is in the pledge of allegiance? Did Christ not come to free the captors? The concept of liberty and justice for everyone was based on biblical principles.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does not offend, Jesus is our salvation! Mary is His mother, that makes Her the mother of our salvation? Right
And because Esther a type of Mary is Queen and all fair and found favor with the king, Mary Queen all fair funds favor with God, refering to the grace of salvation lost by Adam, Lk 1:28 and because she consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 and being mother of God Lk 1:43

No, it doesn't. You keep repeating the same thing over and over without refuting my specific points.

The thing that made Jesus the source of our salvation is His death on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins and His resurrection. What He did is the only thing our salvation rests on--nothing else! If He had lived His whole life without dying for us and being raised from the dead, our sins would not be forgiven, period.

Mary did not die for our sins, and she did not "consent to our salvation." In fact, she is not mentioned in the Bible after Pentecost. As Paul and the other apostles explain salvation to the lost and how to live as Christians to the new believers in their epistles, Mary is not mentioned even once. She fulfilled God's very special plan for her by giving birth to our Savior, but she had nothing further to do with the salvation of mankind. Certainly, if she was considered the "mother of our salvation," as you have said, this would have been mentioned in the Holy Bible, but she is never called this.

Also, your thinking that because Jesus is the King, there must be a queen is faulty logic. Not every king has a queen and vice versa. Likewise, the mother of every king is not necessarily a queen. Thinking of Mary as the queen is a romantic notion, but it is NOT the truth.

Edit: One more thing, I don't think anyone on this forum has a problem with Mary being the mother of Jesus, so I don't have a clue why you've asked about this.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Submit to Jesus Christ the king,

many wisdom and insight is appreciated I have learned

what is your problem with Mary being the mother Of Jesus?
Nothing wrong with it....why do you assume I thought something was wrong with it?
It makes it seem as though you view everyone's opinions as being negative towards Mary. She was predestined by God to be the mother of our Lord and Savior. But she is not equal or above Him in rank or status. Even Jesus rebuked her when she approached Him and said they were out of wine....Jesus said "woman, what have I to do with thee...mine hour hath not come yet" ...nevertheless He turned the water into wine.
Sarah in the Old Testament became the mother of nations...giving birth to Isaac whose descendants became Israel.
An Angel appeared to her and told her she would soon become pregnant and have a son and she laughed because she was too old to bear children....it was a miracle to have conceived at her age.
We don't hold Sarah up in such high esteem....and Mary either...however much honor and respect is given to both for they were chosen to fulfill God's plan....
That's how I believe anyway.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good though :) I am sorry if I was a jerk to you all. BTW have you ever put peeps in a microwave poor peeps, but they taste good :)

No. Why? Do they blow up into balloons or something? "The Peep That Ate Chicago!"

I know. Maybe they turn evil, like after being hit with radiation or something.

scaaarry-peep.jpg

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Why? Do they blow up into balloons or something? "The Peep That Ate Chicago!"

I know. Maybe they turn evil, like after being hit with radiation or something.

scaaarry-peep.jpg

Lol! Guess I know who is going to try the microwave peep this year :rolleyes: :D
The way I like them is, poke a few holes in the package and throw them in a drawer for a day or two...yu-meee..I like them stale. You can dip them in chocolate and freeze them too!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it doesn't. You keep repeating the same thing over and over without refuting my specific points.

The thing that made Jesus the source of our salvation is His death on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins and His resurrection. What He did is the only thing our salvation rests on--nothing else! If He had lived His whole life without dying for us and being raised from the dead, our sins would not be forgiven, period.

Mary did not die for our sins, and she did not "consent to our salvation." In fact, she is not mentioned in the Bible after Pentecost. As Paul and the other apostles explain salvation to the lost and how to live as Christians to the new believers in their epistles, Mary is not mentioned even once. She fulfilled God's very special plan for her by giving birth to our Savior, but she had nothing further to do with the salvation of mankind. Certainly, if she was considered the "mother of our salvation," as you have said, this would have been mentioned in the Holy Bible, but she is never called this.

Also, your thinking that because Jesus is the King, there must be a queen is faulty logic. Not every king has a queen and vice versa. Likewise, the mother of every king is not necessarily a queen. Thinking of Mary as the queen is a romantic notion, but it is NOT the truth.

Edit: One more thing, I don't think anyone on this forum has a problem with Mary being the mother of Jesus, so I don't have a clue why you've asked about this.

no that’s not correct: Jesus death is the sacrifice of salvation, be He IS our salvation, not what He taught, Matt 16 He DID not say what do people say about what I teach, but WHO do people say that I Am? Jesus is our salvation in His person, I am the resurrection and the life! Jn 11:25 I have seen my salvation Lk 2:30

I never said She was the savior but as you say She found favor with Hod and brought forth or gave birth to our salvation!
Mother of Jesus
Mother of our savior
Mother of our salvation
Are all the same!
why is the mother of Jesus ok?
Mother of Jesus is mother of our savior and mother of our salvation! Matt 1:21

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
( a son singular perpetual Virgin)
Still refers to salvation still mother of our salvation!

rev 12 She is the queen of heaven!
In the line of David the mother of the king is automatically the queen!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with it....why do you assume I thought something was wrong with it?
It makes it seem as though you view everyone's opinions as being negative towards Mary. She was predestined by God to be the mother of our Lord and Savior. But she is not equal or above Him in rank or status. Even Jesus rebuked her when she approached Him and said they were out of wine....Jesus said "woman, what have I to do with thee...mine hour hath not come yet" ...nevertheless He turned the water into wine.
Sarah in the Old Testament became the mother of nations...giving birth to Isaac whose descendants became Israel.
An Angel appeared to her and told her she would soon become pregnant and have a son and she laughed because she was too old to bear children....it was a miracle to have conceived at her age.
We don't hold Sarah up in such high esteem....and Mary either...however much honor and respect is given to both for they were chosen to fulfill God's plan....
That's how I believe anyway.

I never said She was equal to Jesus or God or the savior,

Jesus does not rebuke His mother, He fulfills the law and keeps the commandments honor thy father and mother, Matt 12:50 He is glorifying Her for doing the will of God, and Jn 2 He is reminding us of Gen 3:15 and Is 7:14 Matt 24:30 rev 12:1 She is the woman and the sign of the Son of man!

the angel sent from God said Lk 1:28 Mary is blessed! And Lk 1:49 he that is mighty has done great things (plural) to me. One is the miraculous conception of Jesus in Her by the HS, what is the reason for Her being blessed? And what is the other Great thing done to Her?

Mother of Jesus
Mother of our savior
Mother of our salvation
Are all the same!
why is the mother of Jesus ok?
Mother of Jesus is mother of our savior and mother of our salvation! Matt 1:21

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
( a son singular perpetual Virgin)
Still refers to salvation still mother of our salvation!