The goddess liberty!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I believe what scripture teaches,
wow, never heard that one before eh. So then, No son of man may die for another's sins you believe that right

which includes heaven and eventually a new earth.
youre avoiding the point now i guess, leaving me to attempt to drag it out of you; do you believe that you might go up to a place called "heaven" after you have literally died, or not

Christianity is about coming into and eternally continuing a relationship with Jesus.
ok thanks prof, wherever would i be w/o you? :D

Good eating. I like chili.
so iow you are not even interested in trying very hard, ok
get back to me when youve figured out what red stew is then, if you like

Alrighty then! Using English and seeking truth is not Satan's dialect...
so you say, yes
and fwiw i did not say that seeking truth was bad ok; but pretending some fact that you utter is might be
but of course you are obligated to misinterpret that i guess

ps, how the heck would you know anyway, btw? You dont even know what satan's dialectic is, by your own admission

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
youre avoiding the point now i guess, leaving me to attempt to drag it out of you; do you believe that you might go up to a place called "heaven" after you have literally died, or not
Of course. I didn't avoid anything BTW.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so iow you are not even interested in trying very hard, ok
get back to me when youve figured out what red stew is then, if you like
In the life of Esau, it was simply red stew. Do you want the recipe or something?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Of course. I didn't avoid anything BTW.
No one has ever gone up to heaven though Renniks, it's right there in the Bible
The kingdom of heaven is within you eh
Yes, in context.
did Jesus die for your sins or not, iyo
In the life of Esau, it was simply red stew. Do you want the recipe or something?
it's like this, it's like that, it's like this and like that, sure Renniks, gimme the recipe
Where did I say that?
when you incorrectly stated what it was not, for one
stating facts in English might be a great example of Satan's Dialectic

so look, im not angling for another enemy here ok, i dont mean to be condemning, but no, in the life of Esau it was not "simply red stew," surely
i mean why would Yah have hated him for that?

Last edited:

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one has ever gone up to heaven though Renniks, it's right there in the Bible
Context. Jesus was saying he was the only Rabbi who came from heaven.
"No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.”

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's like this, it's like that, it's like this and like that, sure Renniks, gimme the recipe
Once when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau came in from the open country, famished. 30 He said to Jacob, “Quick, let me have some of that red stew! I’m famished!” (That is why he was also called Edom.)

31 Jacob replied, “First sell me your birthright.”

32 “Look, I am about to die,” Esau said. “What good is the birthright to me?”

33 But Jacob said, “Swear to me first.” So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob.

34 Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left.

So Esau despised his birthright.

Where's it say it was anything but stew?
Obviously, God wasn't happy that Esau despised his birthright, but God didn't hate Esau. He preferred Jacob for a certain job, but Esau eventually did become a mature man who God blessed.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Of course. That's really not debatable.
well, so you say, but Scripture says No son of man may die for another's sins, so i mean which is it?
we cant Quote "Jesus died for our sins," btw
Context. Jesus was saying he was the only Rabbi who came from heaven.
"No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.”
whatever you say bro, go with that if you like
Once when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau came in from the open country, famished. 30 He said to Jacob, “Quick, let me have some of that red stew! I’m famished!” (That is why he was also called Edom.)

31 Jacob replied, “First sell me your birthright.”

32 “Look, I am about to die,” Esau said. “What good is the birthright to me?”

33 But Jacob said, “Swear to me first.” So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob.

34 Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left.

So Esau despised his birthright.

Where's it say it was anything but stew?
Obviously, God wasn't happy that Esau despised his birthright, but God didn't hate Esau. He preferred Jacob for a certain job, but Esau eventually did become a mature man who God blessed.
ha ok then, go with "lentil," fine with me

so, Isaac's firstborn needed some red stew so bad that he was willing to give up his "birthright" for it, and he got the stew and nevertheless apparently got the birthright too, and all of this has nothing to do with our walk with Christ
almost surely probably
ok
Why? Only if they were deliberately deceitful. Satan's language is lies.
well, or so you say anyway, yes
doesnt necessarily make it true though

so, not if they were hypocrites and didnt know it?
can you Quote satan telling an outright lie?
swish!
lol

Scripture specifically says Esau He had hated right
and where is Edom now btw?

Last edited:

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, so you say, but Scripture says No son of man may die for another's sins, so i mean which is it?
Is this what you are talking about?:
"Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin."

Pretty obvious. First, it's OT law, not an explanation of the incarnation and God dying for our sins. A mere man dying for another mere man would not suffice. But that's not what happened, so...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Is this what you are talking about?:
"Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin."

Pretty obvious. First, it's OT law, not an explanation of the incarnation and God dying for our sins. A mere man dying for another mere man would not suffice. But that's not what happened, so...
ha
it's like this, it's like that
it's like this and like that and like thisss...

i mean why do you imagine Jesus referred to Himself specifically as "son of man," Renniks

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha
it's like this, it's like that
it's like this and like that and like thisss...

i mean why do you imagine Jesus referred to Himself specifically as "son of man," Renniks
You are trying to connect stuff that isn't connected. Shrug.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You are trying to connect stuff that isn't connected. Shrug.
spoken with much conviction, yes? I are
truly your eyes have been opened, right; you know the truth

ok Renniks, i know i am no fun for ppl in the Cult of Sol to talk to, and you have been a decent sport
best of luck in your quest for immortality, ok

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
spoken with much conviction, yes? I are
truly your eyes have been opened, right; you know the truth

ok Renniks, i know i am no fun for ppl in the Cult of Sol to talk to, and you have been a decent sport
best of luck in your quest for immortality, ok
What the hey is the cult of sol?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, but you have not addressed any of my posts yet wadr, you are just playing "nevermindthatwhataboutthis" with me? Like the rest of the professors in here? We are not having a conversation, iow? What are your thoughts on 1 Samuel 8, for instance?

the Bibles teaches many other truths as well ok, that were not provided by your pebble, nor your wolves
so you might at least address those

they wanted a king? What about it?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if the civil king tells me to do something that the King of Kings tells me not to do?
And Jesus said He came to free the captives.
Luke 4:18

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the Gospel to the poor. He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised...

You don't suppose this could apply to people living under bondage to a dictatorship?

why always negative? Why does a king mean tyranny to you? Is Christ the king a tyrant? Many kings were just and even saints, Henry 8 was a tyrant but also a Protestant!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and as long as you are so committed to the law i would stick with them, definitely
i dont condemn you ok

Law is (apparently) "holy," and also "inadequate," which is hard to reconcile i guess

mate you refering to civil authority?