The Gospel of Grace:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well mr epi? i dont know what you are speaking of? But those of us who have true faith have learned the POWER of faith!

Sin is not an issue for those who understand Gods Power over it! and the reason so many have, so little power, is because they have so little faith!

so then the problem in the church, is not that people sin? but the lack of faith!

if you want to help the church? preach the fear of God against those who lack faith!
Heb 4:1

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

the reason so many fail at the divine nature is because they have no faith in the promise!

The kingdom of God! is received by FAITH! not achieved by mans efforts!

So then you are not against walking in holiness as Jesus did...or even encountering Christ face to face?

brother dave

Jul 14, 2012
So then you are not against walking in holiness as Jesus did...or even encountering Christ face to face?

i walk in true holiness! BY FAITH! and i am nearer to the Lord BY FAITH than any who claim a" special visitation"!

Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

If you attempt a form of holiness , apart from what you have received from Him? you epi, are living a lie! if you say you are keeping by faith the honor of His blood and ITS HOLINESS? And living a life to honor His Work? then i accept that! but you have nothing that was not first giving to you by FAITH? THEN you can KEEP nothing that was "giving to you by FAITH"," apart from faith" in HIS BLOOD!

Act 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
Act 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
Act 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
Act 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
Act 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong,

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
Eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1Co 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
1Co 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i walk in true holiness! BY FAITH! and i am nearer to the Lord BY FAITH than any who claim a" special visitation"!

Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

If you attempt a form of holiness , apart from what you have received from Him? you epi, are living a lie! if you say you are keeping by faith the honor of His blood and ITS HOLINESS? And living a life to honor His Work? then i accept that! but you have nothing that was not first giving to you by FAITH? THEN you can KEEP nothing that was "giving to you by FAITH"," apart from faith" in HIS BLOOD!

Act 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
Act 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
Act 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
Act 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
Act 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong,

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
Eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1Co 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
1Co 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Do you see this as a contest?

brother dave

Jul 14, 2012
Do you see this as a contest?

Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.
Joh 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
Joh 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
Joh 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
Joh 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

make sure you understand! my faith is not in your nor any mans opinion! but i have the power of God in my life! why would i care of what man thinks? thats dumb!

and to be honest !i have not felt challenged in any way! my hope was ,that some of you might see the error of your doctrines?
and come to know God, by faith ,apart from trusting in your own works of holiness!

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
We know who is of the Lord here :)

Nice witnessing of the Spirit and Word Episkopos. Delivered in patience and longsuffering and especially showing the fruit of Righteousness.

Folks reading, if nothing else, judge by the Spirit of the messenger. If the topic seems muddled, it can be when the verses are used as battering rams and as a "one-upping contest" as is the manner of some of the lost here. But the Spirit that manifests surrounding the topic will display if it is the Spirit of Christ or the carnal spirit of man. Check out the fruit :) Judge righteous judgement. It will be obvious who is of the Lord and who is not, when they speak.

Peace

(Jas 3:11) Doth the fountain send forth from the same opening sweet water and bitter?

(Luk 6:44) For each tree is known by its own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

(Mat 12:33) Either make the tree good, and its fruit good; or make the tree corrupt, and its fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by its
fruit.
(Mat 12:34) Ye offspring of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
(Mat 12:35) The good man out of his good treasure bringeth forth good things: and the evil man out of his evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
(Mat 12:36) And I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(Mat 12:37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

(1Pe 2:12) having your behaviour seemly among the Gentiles; that, wherein they speak against you as evil–doers, they may by your good works, which they behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

(1Pe 3:10) For, He that would love life, And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips that they speak no guile:

brother dave

Jul 14, 2012
We know who is of the Lord here :)

Nice witnessing of the Spirit and Word Episkopos. Delivered in patience and longsuffering and especially showing the fruit of Righteousness.

Folks reading, if nothing else, judge by the Spirit of the messenger. If the topic seems muddled, it can be when the verses are used as battering rams and as a "one-upping contest" as is the manner of some of the lost here. But the Spirit that manifests surrounding the topic will display if it is the Spirit of Christ or the carnal spirit of man. Check out the fruit :) Judge righteous judgement. It will be obvious who is of the Lord and who is not, when they speak.

Peace

(Jas 3:11) Doth the fountain send forth from the same opening sweet water and bitter?

(Luk 6:44) For each tree is known by its own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

(Mat 12:33) Either make the tree good, and its fruit good; or make the tree corrupt, and its fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by its
fruit.
(Mat 12:34) Ye offspring of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
(Mat 12:35) The good man out of his good treasure bringeth forth good things: and the evil man out of his evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
(Mat 12:36) And I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(Mat 12:37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

(1Pe 2:12) having your behaviour seemly among the Gentiles; that, wherein they speak against you as evil–doers, they may by your good works, which they behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

(1Pe 3:10) For, He that would love life, And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips that they speak no guile:

you again? without shame show your hypocricy!
show the error of my doctrine?

you and your friends seek to work the greatest of EVILs! to seperate others from Our beloved Christ! you bring forth death and cut off those who want true salvation in FAITH! You are like those of the Lords day, who reject the salvation of faith and seek to hinder others from knowing His Love!

and then you get your little feelings hurt? :(

Isa 32:6 For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail.
Isa 32:7 The instruments also of the churl are evil: he deviseth wicked devices to destroy the poor with lying words, even when the needy speaketh right.

The true gospel is the ministry of righteousness! peace with God! unbroken fellowship by faith in His Love! :D

Isa 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Isa 32:18 And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written, and engraven on stones, came with glory, so that the children of Israel could not look stedfastly upon the face of Moses for the glory of his face; which glory was passing away:
2Co 3:8 how shall not rather the ministration of the spirit be with glory?
2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation hath glory, much rather doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
2Co 3:10 For verily that which hath been made glorious hath not been made glorious in this respect, by reason of the glory that surpasseth.
2Co 3:11 For if that which passeth away was with glory, much more that which remaineth is in glory.
2Co 3:12 Having therefore such a hope, we use great boldness of speech,

I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!

If an angel from heaven came and preached to me any other gospel? I WOULD REBUKE HIM IN JESUS NAME!

If an angel from heaven tried to keep me from the throne of His Grace ?I WOULD COMMAND HIM TO MOVE IN JESUS NAME!
if an angel from heaven tried to seperate me from His Love for me? I WOULD REBUKE HIM! BY THE AUTHORITY OF THE WORD OF GOD!

This is true faith! believing the LIVING WORD OF GOD! :rolleyes:

2Jn 1:9

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

2Jn 1:11

For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. :eek:

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi haz,

Also, you said to me 'So am I to gather that you are so traumatised by your experience of Seventh Day Adventism, that you find it impossible to look at scripture through unbiased eyes?

This statement of your shows that you see any suspected refusal to listen to Adventist doctrine as bias. Hence I'd like to ask if you are an Adventist or ever were one. Can you please let me know?

What I meant by the first statement, you have not understood, it appears.

What I mean is, the Bible is not an Adventist statement. It is free from all denominational bias. But you seem to read it with Adventist doctrine in mind. I say this because of your hitherto pre-occupation with the 10 commandments. What I mean by 'unbiased eyes' is that we all need to read scripture with the help of the Holy Spirit - and not either for or against a denominational bias. Only the Lord can release us to really understand what it means.

Why does it matter if I was ever an Adventist? Every post I make is on the basis of what the word of God says. Most denominations have many aspects of biblical truth included in how they define their beliefs. Ideally, we will have every aspect of biblical truth in our own practice and understanding - eventually.

I realise I owe you the rest of the answers about the laws in the New Testament, but felt there is no point going there while there seems to be more superficial stuff to sort out.

brother dave

Jul 14, 2012
Hi haz,

What I meant by the first statement, you have not understood, it appears.

What I mean is, the Bible is not an Adventist statement. It is free from all denominational bias. But you seem to read it with Adventist doctrine in mind. I say this because of your hitherto pre-occupation with the 10 commandments. What I mean by 'unbiased eyes' is that we all need to read scripture with the help of the Holy Spirit - and not either for or against a denominational bias. Only the Lord can release us to really understand what it means.

Why does it matter if I was ever an Adventist? Every post I make is on the basis of what the word of God says. Most denominations have many aspects of biblical truth included in how they define their beliefs. Ideally, we will have every aspect of biblical truth in our own practice and understanding - eventually.

I realise I owe you the rest of the answers about the laws in the New Testament, but felt there is no point going there while there seems to be more superficial stuff to sort out.

2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. :angry:

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
I read in your post #560 &#581 you speak of "sin as a lifestyle' and "continue in sin". I'm curious where you get this idea of from?

I got it from your post # 2 in How to understand your sins.....now that you are born again. http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/16159-how-to-understand-your-sinsnow-that-you-are-born-again/ in which you used various Bible verses to create a strawman, namely, a system by which a Christian can never be accused of having committed sin. What you wrote is not New Testament teaching. I have no idea where you heard it, but you were misled bigtime. That is why I reject this statement in today's post which I've put in bolds, because it's not in the New Testament either.

Either someone sins and the penalty is death OR they do not sin. It's one OR the other. There is no halfway stage of merely sinning sometimes.

Oh but there is - but it's not ideal. A believer is restored to fellowship with God is exactly the same as the way he came to the Lord the first time, only the first time he approached Christ for salvation, he was full of sin. Now, hopefully, he is approaching with a repentant heart over specific sins of which he has been convicted by the Holy Spirit.

You said sin separates us from God. This I agree with, (although we define sin differently). So why don't you say that the moment you come to Christ there is no more sin at all? Instantaneously. No future sins.

Your definition of sin lacks a significant number of New Testament verses. Yes, all sin can be reduced to 'unbelief' - but that would have to include all the unbelief which a Christian exercises towards God when he chooses not to obey (rebel), or, he chooses to do a nameable sin - such as witchcraft, idolatry, murder (and so on. Paul names many sins occurring in churches.) Neither Paul, (nor I) am suggesting that Christians who sin, are now not 'saved'. But those Christians who imagine their (continuing in) sin is now 'covered by the blood of Jesus' (an Old Covenant concept - not a New Covenant concept) because of the faith they exercised during a moment in the past, and that, despite their obedience to sin they are, in the future, still going to be imputed with Christ's righteousness on the last day, are mistaken. That doctrine is insupportable from the whole counsel of the word of God.

John's claim that believers 'do not sin' is with reference to the source of their spiritual 'life'. If a believer is walking in the true resurrection life of Christ, then as a lifestyle, he has stopped committing sins habitually, although there are many reasons he may find himself repenting either of thought, word or action. But steadily, he is bringing every thought captive to Jesus Christ (2 Cor 10) - his heart attitude towards God is right, and he is resisting sin.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
you again? without shame show your hypocricy!
show the error of my doctrine?

you and your friends seek to work the greatest of EVILs! to seperate others from Our beloved Christ! you bring forth death and cut off those who want true salvation in FAITH! You are like those of the Lords day, who reject the salvation of faith and seek to hinder others from knowing His Love!

and then you get your little feelings hurt? :(

I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!

Lol, my feelings aren't hurt you false accuser :) But try again if you like satan, you imposter. You are obvious in your intent.

From what I've seen, you know not one thing of "Faith". Nor of righteousness. Your sin against the brethren is rampant, without remorse. Your speech is ungodly from your ungodly thoughts. You are a cloud without water. A wandering star.
But because the Lord is so longsuffering, you have simply been warned again, you who hates the Body of Christ;
A word to the wise;

(Jud 1:14) And to these also Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his holy ones,
(Jud 1:15) to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their works of ungodliness which they have ungodly wrought, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
(Jud 1:16) These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their lusts (and their mouth speaketh great swelling words), shewing respect of persons for the sake of advantage.
(Jud 1:17) But ye, beloved, remember ye the words which have been spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(Jud 1:18) how that they said to you, In the last time there shall be mockers, walking after their own ungodly lusts.
(Jud 1:19) These are they who make separations, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Repent dave. Your time is short.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
Joh 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
Joh 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

make sure you understand! my faith is not in your nor any mans opinion! but i have the power of God in my life! why would i care of what man thinks? thats dumb!

and to be honest !i have not felt challenged in any way! my hope was ,that some of you might see the error of your doctrines?
and come to know God, by faith ,apart from trusting in your own works of holiness!
The issue is about our attitude towards our standing with God. It is possible to have the truth...but hold on to it in unrighteousness.

Rom_1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi haz,

It's interesting you don't see your body as dead.
Also, you said 'It is not uncommon for Christians to disbelieve that Christ is in them'.

BUT, consider Rom 8:10 against your claims above.
Rom 8:10
And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin

This is what Paul is talking about -

Ephesians 2:1, 2
And you who were dead in trespasses and sins; wherein in time past ye walked
according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air,
the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience...'

Genesis 2:16,17
And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou may freely eat:
but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it:
for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die ... 6... she took of the fruit thereof,

and did eat, and gave also to her husband with her; and he did eat... 23 Therefore
the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin;

and so death passed upon all men...'

This is what Paul is referring to when he says 'the body is dead because of sin'.

He means it's as good as dead - it's only a matter of time before death will overtake it.

With this in mind, therefore, God's judgment upon Adam's sin is complete in every generation. Adam himself died, and all his offspring will die eventually.

By that means, each person would be their own 'sacrifice for sin'. By that I mean, their death would have paid for their (own) sin.

Can you see that?

I'm going to wait till you've acknowledged thus far, and then I'll complete my reply to your post # 595..

brother dave

Jul 14, 2012
The issue is about our attitude towards our standing with God. It is possible to have the truth...but hold on to it in unrighteousness.

Rom_1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Who made that the issue? You? and you have no standing with God apart from faith, and what have you been given in faith?
by Gods goodness! not what you have earned!
Rom 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
Rom 2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
Rom 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
Rom 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
Rom 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
Rom 2:22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
Rom 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
Rom 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

the whole point Paul is making in the first two chapters of Romans is to those who have the law! man get a clue! :eek:

but they connot keep it! yet they try to force it on others! sound familiar?
:p

Rom 2:1

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
Rom 2:2

But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
Rom 2:3

And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Rom 2:4

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

I have give
Lol, my feelings aren't hurt you false accuser :) But try again if you like satan, you imposter. You are obvious in your intent.

From what I've seen, you know not one thing of "Faith". Nor of righteousness. Your sin against the brethren is rampant, without remorse. Your speech is ungodly from your ungodly thoughts. You are a cloud without water. A wandering star.
But because the Lord is so longsuffering, you have simply been warned again, you who hates the Body of Christ;
A word to the wise;

(Jud 1:14) And to these also Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his holy ones,
(Jud 1:15) to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their works of ungodliness which they have ungodly wrought, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
(Jud 1:16) These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their lusts (and their mouth speaketh great swelling words), shewing respect of persons for the sake of advantage.
(Jud 1:17) But ye, beloved, remember ye the words which have been spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(Jud 1:18) how that they said to you, In the last time there shall be mockers, walking after their own ungodly lusts.
(Jud 1:19) These are they who make separations, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Repent dave. Your time is short.

Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

You forgot a few scriptures ?

were is the error in my doctrine? :p

im not nice enough for you? i dont believe epis big lie about" seeing the lord"? :lol:

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
2Ti 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness
, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

i am ready whitestone! are you?

every few days you come on this post crying and complaining about getting your feelings hurt?

or what you think? we are not interested in your feelings or your thoughts! that is the flesh speaking! the Word of God is the issue here! not your thoughts or feelings :(

I got it from your post # 2 in How to understand your sins.....now that you are born again. http://www.christian...are-born-again/ in which you used various Bible verses to create a strawman, namely, a system by which a Christian can never be accused of having committed sin. What you wrote is not New Testament teaching. I have no idea where you heard it, but you were misled bigtime. That is why I reject this statement in today's post which I've put in bolds, because it's not in the New Testament either.

Oh but there is - but it's not ideal. A believer is restored to fellowship with God is exactly the same as the way he came to the Lord the first time, only the first time he approached Christ for salvation, he was full of sin. Now, hopefully, he is approaching with a repentant heart over specific sins of which he has been convicted by the Holy Spirit.

Your definition of sin lacks a significant number of New Testament verses. Yes, all sin can be reduced to 'unbelief' - but that would have to include all the unbelief which a Christian exercises towards God when he chooses not to obey (rebel), or, he chooses to do a nameable sin - such as witchcraft, idolatry, murder (and so on. Paul names many sins occurring in churches.) Neither Paul, (nor I) am suggesting that Christians who sin, are now not 'saved'. But those Christians who imagine their (continuing in) sin is now 'covered by the blood of Jesus' (an Old Covenant concept - not a New Covenant concept) because of the faith they exercised during a moment in the past, and that, despite their obedience to sin they are, in the future, still going to be imputed with Christ's righteousness on the last day, are mistaken. That doctrine is insupportable from the whole counsel of the word of God.

John's claim that believers 'do not sin' is with reference to the source of their spiritual 'life'. If a believer is walking in the true resurrection life of Christ, then as a lifestyle, he has stopped committing sins habitually, although there are many reasons he may find himself repenting either of thought, word or action. But steadily, he is bringing every thought captive to Jesus Christ (2 Cor 10) - his heart attitude towards God is right, and he is resisting sin.

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. :blink:
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who made that the issue? You? and you have no standing with God apart from faith, and what have you been given in faith?
by Gods goodness! not what you have earned!
Rom 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
Rom 2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
Rom 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
Rom 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
Rom 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
Rom 2:22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
Rom 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
Rom 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

the whole point Paul is making in the first two chapters of Romans is to those who have the law! man get a clue! :eek:

but they connot keep it! yet they try to force it on others! sound familiar?
:p

Rom 2:1

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
Rom 2:2

But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
Rom 2:3

And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Rom 2:4

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

I have give

Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

You forgot a few scriptures ?

were is the error in my doctrine? :p

im not nice enough for you? i dont believe epis big lie about" seeing the lord"? :lol:

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
2Ti 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness
, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

i am ready whitestone! are you?

every few days you come on this post crying and complaining about getting your feelings hurt?

or what you think? we are not interested in your feelings or your thoughts! that is the flesh speaking! the Word of God is the issue here! not your thoughts or feelings :(

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. :blink:
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

brother dave

Jul 14, 2012
1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
2Jn 1:10 If any one cometh unto you, and bringeth not this teaching, receive him not into your house, and give him no greeting:
2Jn 1:11 for he that giveth him greeting partaketh in his evil works.

You guys are too emotional! :(
and i am not supposed to be nice to those who teach against the Gospel!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2Jn 1:10 If any one cometh unto you, and bringeth not this teaching, receive him not into your house, and give him no greeting:
2Jn 1:11 for he that giveth him greeting partaketh in his evil works.

You guys are too emotional! :(
and i am not supposed to be nice to those who teach against the Gospel!

You are using the bible according to the reasoning of the carnal mind and doing so against the brethren. Why not just use your own words to throw insults? Why the need to sound bigger than you are?

brother dave

Jul 14, 2012
You are using the bible according to the reasoning of the carnal mind and doing so against the brethren. Why not just use your own words to throw insults? Why the need to sound bigger than you are?

you never have confessed the salvation that is in faith alone! you and your friends seek to cast doubt on the scriptures! and you make up some fairy tale about seeing god? :lol: NO i have attempted to find sincere faith in you! and i see nothing but hypocricy! so i do not count you as a brother in Christ! but an enemy of the cross! now i promise you that your feelings and pride will be hurt ! And you guys remind me of a bunch of emotional woman. always feeling this or that? i dont care about your feelings! sorry! :(

2Jn 1:9

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. :angry:
Partaketh in his evil works (koinōnei tois ergois autou tois ponērois). Associative instrumental case with koinōnei , a common verb from koinōnos (partner). It is to be borne in mind that the churches often met in private homes , and if these travelling deceivers were allowed to spread their doctrines in these homes and then sent on with endorsement as Apollos was from Ephesus to Corinth (Act_18:27), there was no way of escaping responsibility for the harm wrought by these propagandists of evil. It is not a case of mere hospitality.

haz

Feb 17, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I got it from your post # 2 in How to understand your sins.....now that you are born again. http://www.christian...are-born-again/ in which you used various Bible verses to create a strawman, namely, a system by which a Christian can never be accused of having committed sin. What you wrote is not New Testament teaching. I have no idea where you heard it, but you were misled bigtime. That is why I reject this statement in today's post which I've put in bolds, because it's not in the New Testament either.

Hi dragonfly,

I disagree with your view on sin. Instead, scriptures shows that Jesus set us free from sin (John 8:36, Rom 6:7, 1Pet 4:1, 1John 3:9).
But your view that Christians are only partly free ( not habitually living a lifestyle of sin) is not supported in scripture.

Regarding Rom 8:10 'the body is dead because of sin'?
You quoted Eph 2:1,2
'And you who were dead in trespasses and sins; wherein in time past ye walked
according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air,
the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience...'

We agree how this speaks of unbelievers who are dead, walking according to the course of this world. This person is walking according to the flesh. The flesh rules.

But Rom 8:10
if Christ be in you the body is dead because of sin
This speaks of the body of sin being destroyed at crucifixion (Rom 6:6). This Rom 8:10 differs from the scriptures you quoted in that Christ is in us, whereas Eph 2:1,2, etc you quoted is speaking of those without Christ crucified.

The reason why I asked about you having any involvement with Adventism is because you seem to share much the same doctrine to them. Your argument for 'imparted righteousness' an example. You seem to imply by your response that you have followed Adventist doctrine which explains your (unacknowledged) bias. This helps me to understand where your coming from, hence why I asked the question.

Like the majority of bloggers here, we both agree that only God reveals the truth. And we each deny each others understanding of scripture.
We both follow very different gospels.
The thief on the cross who called Jesus Lord was saved that same day. And that without any physical outworking ( perfect or close to perfect lifestyle) of that salvation, which your gospel demands. These are 2 very different gospels and readers of this forum will follow either one or the other. One of these gospels leads to life everlasting, the other death.

Reactions: brother dave

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi haz,

I hope you are going to address the other posts I made in reply to your previous reply to me. Therefore, I will be brief here.

But your view that Christians are only partly free ( not habitually living a lifestyle of sin) is not supported in scripture.

You know that I didn't say 'Christians are only partly free'. What I showed is that Christians can sin, even through they are free from sin in principle. At each opportunity/temptation to sin, they must choose to not sin. Rom 3:8, Rom 6:1, Matt 7:20. The Christian who fails to resist a sin, who repents, has an Advocate in heaven, Jesus Christ the righteous. This is pure scriptural doctrine. 1 John.

Your doctrine, though it be fabricated by BIble verses - that God can never impute sin to a Christian - Jesus says is spiritually unsafe.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils?
and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

How do you read these verses in the light of your doctrine?

brother dave

Jul 14, 2012
Hi haz,

I hope you are going to address the other posts I made in reply to your previous reply to me. Therefore, I will be brief here.

You know that I didn't say 'Christians are only partly free'. What I showed is that Christians can sin, even through they are free from sin in principle. At each opportunity/temptation to sin, they must choose to not sin. Rom 3:8, Rom 6:1, Matt 7:20. The Christian who fails to resist a sin, who repents, has an Advocate in heaven, Jesus Christ the righteous. This is pure scriptural doctrine. 1 John.

Your doctrine, though it be fabricated by BIble verses - that God can never impute sin to a Christian - Jesus says is spiritually unsafe.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;

but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils?

and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

How do you read these verses in the light of your doctrine?

be glad to answer that!
Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Gal 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Gal 5:4 Ye are severed from Christ, ye who would be justified by the law; ye are fallen away from grace.

Rom 10:3 For being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.

if any of you have been truly born-again by faith? the only biblical way to be cut off, is by self-justification! either by the letter of the law or even the letter of the New Testament! by grace through faith ye stand!

get a clue! stop pretending to see god and angels and visions? :blink:

Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for except ye believe that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

be glad to answer that!
Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Gal 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Gal 5:4 Ye are severed from Christ, ye who would be justified by the law; ye are fallen away from grace.

Rom 10:3 For being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.

if any of you have been truly born-again by faith? the only biblical way to be cut off, is by self-justification! either by the letter of the law or even the letter of the New Testament! by grace through faith ye stand!

get a clue! stop pretending to see god and angels and visions? :blink:

Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for except ye believe that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

Does it seem odd, that those who claim "to be saved by His Grace and mercy" Would turn and attempt to hinder others? :eek:

For no man has received anything from God apart from FAITH! Yet we have those here with evil hearts, that seek to pervert the true gospel! Claiming they have received? yet unwilling to grant others that which they claim they have been given freely?

Always ready to comdemn others to hell and limit heaven unto there "frozen chosen".

The best way one can tell if one is walking in the "law written on the heart" Is a simple test? Do you allow for others the salvation granted to you? Or do you seek to hinder and lay stumbling blocks in the path of others? If so? your heart is full of iniquity and you are lawless! You have broken the Royal Law!

Mar 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Mar 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. :angry: