The Gospel of John Bible Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is talking about the beginning of the Gospel. Not eternity past.
so you still have no answer, oh well, Hebrews 5:11 "Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Good day,

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with the Spirit and Jesus was the Spirit.
this is correct, the Word is God, who is Jesus. as pointed out "WITH" do not means someone else standing next to someone else. it can be the same person neumerically "SHARED". as stated, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he".
@David Taylor is the LORD a separate person "WITH" someone who is the Last another separate person? if you think that you better listen to this, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last". BINGO. he God, Jesus is the "First" and he's "also" the Last, it that two persons?, NO, it's the same one person. not two or three person. no, but the same person "Shared" in flesh as God, my God, my God, how long?. Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Revelation 1:18 "I am he (BINGO), that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death".

God in flesh died, as his onw "share". but what died? the flesh he was in so that it could releash the full power of God now in glorified flesh. hence his forsooking on the cross. my God, man taught people just run good people in the blind ditch. it give me the shivers to see people just miss the word of God that is so plain before their eyes. .. oh well.

GOOD ASSESSMENT WIND.

PICJAG.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you still have no answer, oh well, Hebrews 5:11 "Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Good day,

PICJAG.
No answer to what? Your false premise?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is correct, the Word is God, who is Jesus. as pointed out "WITH" do not means someone else standing next to someone else. it can be the same person neumerically "SHARED". as stated, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he".
@David Taylor is the LORD a separate person "WITH" someone who is the Last another separate person? if you think that you better listen to this, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last". BINGO. he God, Jesus is the "First" and he's "also" the Last, it that two persons?, NO, it's the same one person. not two or three person. no, but the same person "Shared" in flesh as God, my God, my God, how long?. Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Revelation 1:18 "I am he (BINGO), that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death".

God in flesh died, as his onw "share". but what died? the flesh he was in so that it could releash the full power of God now in glorified flesh. hence his forsooking on the cross. my God, man taught people just run good people in the blind ditch. it give me the shivers to see people just miss the word of God that is so plain before their eyes. .. oh well.

GOOD ASSESSMENT WIND.

PICJAG.
Trinity is three, yet one.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was not praying to Himself in John 17. He was not calling out “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” while hanging on a cross. There are Three distinct Persons in the triune Godhead.
You don't understand the things you are saying. Jesus was not a hypocrite, he lived the Commandments he preached to his followers and one of those was faith: Jesus believed he was in the Spirit of God in heaven while he believed the Spirit of God was in him. And so his followers believe the same thing, that the Spirit of Jesus is in them and by that Spirit they are in the Spirit of Jesus in heaven.

You are in a bad way my friend, very bad.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was not praying to Himself in John 17. He was not calling out “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” while hanging on a cross. There are Three distinct Persons in the triune Godhead.
And yes he was praying to himself my faith that he being Jesus was God in heaven. Furthermore, the Godhead is referring to the image of God which is the image of Jesus.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone is interested, I have been leading a Bible Study verse by verse through John's Gospel. We meet every Sunday night at our church but you can listen online as well. Here are the first three messages.

The Word Became Flesh: John 1:1-18 - Reformed Truths

The Lamb of God: John 1:19-34 - Reformed Truths

The Savior Is Calling (John 1:34-51) - Reformed Truths

‎David Taylor Sermon and Teaching Archive on Apple Podcasts
Hi David,

One of the things I enjoy about your presentation is you just 'talk', no dramatics, histrionics, all that!

Much love!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't understand the things you are saying. Jesus was not a hypocrite, he lived the Commandments he preached to his followers and one of those was faith: Jesus believed he was in the Spirit of God in heaven while he believed the Spirit of God was in him. And so his followers believe the same thing, that the Spirit of Jesus is in them and by that Spirit they are in the Spirit of Jesus in heaven.

You are in a bad way my friend, very bad.
You’re denying the existence of two of the three Persons in the Godhead and I’m the one in a bad way? o_O