The Gospel of Reconciliation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reconciliation equals Justification, declared Righteous !
Many out of spiritual ignorance do deny that reconciliation and Justification are equivalent, because they are unlearned to the things of God. Now to be reconciled to God while being enemies [before faith] as stated in Rom 5:10, that it also means they are Justified/Declared Righteous while enemies by the same Death of Christ is seen in scripture comparison, for the being reconciled in Rom 5:10 is the same in 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation

But here in 2 Cor 5:19 we are enlightened as to what being reconciled entails, the Non Imputation of sins ! So those reconciled while enemies in Rom 5:10 also are blessed with the non imputation of sins. Now the non imputation of sins equates to Justification and or being declared Righteous, this we know by more scripture comparison, for when David wrote Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

The same non imputation as in 2 Cor 5:19 which is joined to reconciliation, hence when Paul quotes David later from Ps 32:1-2, which clearly speaks of Non Imputation, here in Rom 4:6-8

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Paul attaches Gods Imputation of Righteousness without works, by stating and quoting Davids non imputation of sin blessedness Rom 4:7-8 Cp Ps 32:1-2

So its scriptural to declare, those reconciled to God while enemies in Rom 5:10, have no sin imputed to them as Per 2 Cor 5:19, which declares them Righteous without works in Rom 4:6-8 ! To deny this is to deny scripture Truth. To deny that those reconciled to God by Christ's death while enemies as Per Rom 5:10 that they are Righteous and Justified before God while enemies, is to deny clear teaching of scripture and puts one in Unbelief ! 11

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you have no argument against what I stated. If you cannot defend it or refute my comments with scripture then it means nothing.
You post gibberish comments using isolated texts, but no substantiation.
False, the things Im posting argue against what you are saying. Duh

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False, the things Im posting argue against what you are saying. Duh
Hardly. You make assertions on texts that you take out of context. Give your view on Rom 5:6. The context you have never addressed. You simply dismiss the context. At best you can argue that Calvin believed the same. I have my doubts that Calvin even used the same explanation you do for the texts you cite. Not that it would make your statement correct scripturally, you might be better off in citing and quoting Calvin instead of your opinion.
What I have explained has been the teaching and understanding of the Church from the Apostles to the present. Such as Ireneus, Tatian, St Justin, St Theophilus, St Basil. An excellent book by St. Athanasius, On the "Incarnation" explains very clearly the theology of the Incarnation. Something you totally lack. You have failed to explain the Incarnation in light of your view. Same for the theory of a limited atonement.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hardly. You make assertions on texts that you take out of context. Give your view on Rom 5:6. The context you have never addressed. You simply dismiss the context. At best you can argue that Calvin believed the same. I have my doubts that Calvin even used the same explanation you do for the texts you cite. Not that it would make your statement correct scripturally, you might be better off in citing and quoting Calvin instead of your opinion.
What I have explained has been the teaching and understanding of the Church from the Apostles to the present. Such as Ireneus, Tatian, St Justin, St Theophilus, St Basil. An excellent book by St. Athanasius, On the "Incarnation" explains very clearly the theology of the Incarnation. Something you totally lack. You have failed to explain the Incarnation in light of your view. Same for the theory of a limited atonement.
Yes they do

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them;

That is God as Christ on the Cross, dealing with the sin of the world.

He did.

But.....

and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation

God has given the believer the responsibility (committed unto us).... of sharing the Gospel.... (the word of reconciliation).

How?

"preach the Gospel"
"share the Gospel"
"teach the Gospel"
"tell them the Gospel"

Why?

Because "FAITH.. comes by HEARING the Gospel".

And when the person gives God that FAITH in Christ, because they HEARD the Gospel "of reconciliation" that Christ died for their sin, and rose again, then God takes their faith and gives them the NEW BIRTH and they are forgiven and BORN AGAIN.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does this comment address Rom 5:6?
How does it address Rom 5:18?
How does it address I Cor 15:21-22?
How does it explain your understanding of the incarnation?
How is your view of salvation related to the fall of man?
The same way you feel those comments addressed what I said.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is God as Christ on the Cross, dealing with the sin of the world.

He did.

But.....

God has given the believer the responsibility (committed unto us).... of sharing the Gospel.... (the word of reconciliation).

How?

"preach the Gospel"
"share the Gospel"
"teach the Gospel"
"tell them the Gospel"

Why?

Because "FAITH.. comes by HEARING the Gospel".

And when the person gives God that FAITH in Christ, because they HEARD the Gospel "of reconciliation" that Christ died for their sin, and rose again, then God takes their faith and gives them the NEW BIRTH and they are forgiven and BORN AGAIN.
You still dont get it

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same way you feel those comments addressed what I said.
That' the problem. You didn't address them before and now again you cannot address them My only assumption has to be that you do not understand the Incarnation or don't believe Christ was Incarnated. As well as you don't understand the fall of man.
All your comments to this point do not address the texts I cited.
If you believe your comments about Rom 5:10 then scripturally you are denying the fall of man and the correction of that fall. They are related though your theology does not even acknowledge them.
Let's see if you can carry on a discussion.
As you stated earlier for Rom5:10 that sinners refer to believers, and that they needed to be reconciled to God and you cite II Cor 5:18-19,
I might add you encapsulate your view with the theory of predestination of believers. Given that, my first question would be why do believers need to be reconciled? They are already in Christ.
Second question assuming your theological perspective, If Christ reconciled only believers as you state in the two texts you cite, Rom 5:10, II Cor 5:18-19, why would it be necessary for believers to be given the ministry of reconciliation? Who is left if all believers were already reconciled?
Furthermore, vs 20 Paul says that believers should reconcile themselves to God. Why? Does it take two reconciliations?
Another question arises with all other human beings. If Christ ONLY died for believers, then what happens to all other human beings?
Here is another problem with your view which you need to explain. If Christ ONLY died for believers, what human nature did Christ assume? Then what human nature do all other humans have? Can you tell them apart?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Tulip is the Gospel and you scoff it, not good friend

@brightfame52 ...

Paul said you are this, according to your own words... Galatians 1:8

John Calvinism is a deceiver.

This heretic denies the Cross of Christ. and rejects John 3:16 .... 2 Corinthians 5:19..... John 3:17

He owns your mind and that is why you have nothing else to say but "TULIP".

And remember.

God is not a Calvinist
Jesus is not a Calvinist
The Apostle Paul is not a Calvinist
The Bible does not teach Calvinism
Calvinism is not Christianity

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That' the problem. You didn't address them before and now again you cannot address them My only assumption has to be that you do not understand the Incarnation or don't believe Christ was Incarnated. As well as you don't understand the fall of man.
All your comments to this point do not address the texts I cited.
If you believe your comments about Rom 5:10 then scripturally you are denying the fall of man and the correction of that fall. They are related though your theology does not even acknowledge them.
Let's see if you can carry on a discussion.
As you stated earlier for Rom5:10 that sinners refer to believers, and that they needed to be reconciled to God and you cite II Cor 5:18-19,
I might add you encapsulate your view with the theory of predestination of believers. Given that, my first question would be why do believers need to be reconciled? They are already in Christ.
Second question assuming your theological perspective, If Christ reconciled only believers as you state in the two texts you cite, Rom 5:10, II Cor 5:18-19, why would it be necessary for believers to be given the ministry of reconciliation? Who is left if all believers were already reconciled?
Furthermore, vs 20 Paul says that believers should reconcile themselves to God. Why? Does it take two reconciliations?
Another question arises with all other human beings. If Christ ONLY died for believers, then what happens to all other human beings?
Here is another problem with your view which you need to explain. If Christ ONLY died for believers, what human nature did Christ assume? Then what human nature do all other humans have? Can you tell them apart?
Its been addressed

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@brightfame52 ...

Paul said you are this, according to your own words... Galatians 1:8

John Calvinism is a deceiver.

This heretic denies the Cross of Christ. and rejects John 3:16 .... 2 Corinthians 5:19..... John 3:17

He owns your mind and that is why you have nothing else to say but "TULIP".

And remember.

God is not a Calvinist
Jesus is not a Calvinist
The Apostle Paul is not a Calvinist
The Bible does not teach Calvinism
Calvinism is not Christianity
Tulip is the Gospel and you scoff it, not good friend

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By Christ's Death we are accepted of God !

This is that Blessed Truth of Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

This teaches us a very blessed and gracious Truth, which the proud religionists cannot receive, and that is, even when those Christ died for are being enemies, unbelievers, ungodly, God has accepted them into His Favor, sees them as Just, and Righteous, and reckons them as if they never had sinned.

The word reconciled in Rom 5:10 is the greek word katallassō and means:

I.to change, exchange, as coins for others of equivalent value

A.to reconcile (those who are at variance)

B.return to favour with, be reconciled to one

C.to receive one into favour

And these have been Justified, which are reconciled while enemies because God will not impute sin unto them 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

So those reconciled here in 2 Cor 5:19 are the same ones of Rom 5:10 and so the reconciled enemies in Rom 5:10 dont have sin charged to them, even when they are unbelieving enemies, nor is faith and repentance required, no they are totally accepted of God without them,

So to teach, even suggest that any for whom Christ died[He did not die for everyone] must first come to Him in repentance in order to be accepted of God, saved or Justified before God, made right with Him, they are false witnesses, and scripture here Rom 5:10 condemns them as such ! 11

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its been addressed
If you mean that you wrote a comment like the one above, so it has been. However, that means nothing when in reality you have not. Your comment is neither a discussion, nor an answer to my questions.
To write the comments you do, not addressed to anyone and then unable to defend them make them useless. A person who does not know Christ would have no understanding of anything based on your comments. If he had a question you would be unable to explain yourself.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By Christ's Death we are accepted of God !

This is that Blessed Truth of Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

This teaches us a very blessed and gracious Truth, which the proud religionists cannot receive, and that is, even when those Christ died for are being enemies, unbelievers, ungodly, God has accepted them into His Favor, sees them as Just, and Righteous, and reckons them as if they never had sinned.

The word reconciled in Rom 5:10 is the greek word katallassō and means:

I.to change, exchange, as coins for others of equivalent value

A.to reconcile (those who are at variance)

B.return to favour with, be reconciled to one

C.to receive one into favour

And these have been Justified, which are reconciled while enemies because God will not impute sin unto them 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

So those reconciled here in 2 Cor 5:19 are the same ones of Rom 5:10 and so the reconciled enemies in Rom 5:10 dont have sin charged to them, even when they are unbelieving enemies, nor is faith and repentance required, no they are totally accepted of God without them,

So to teach, even suggest that any for whom Christ died[He did not die for everyone] must first come to Him in repentance in order to be accepted of God, saved or Justified before God, made right with Him, they are false witnesses, and scripture here Rom 5:10 condemns them as such ! 11
You cite the several meanings of reconcile. Great. But do you know what was reconciled. Ill give you an analogy: when we check our checkbook with the bank statement, we are reconciling the two things. Make them right with each other, End any variance if there was one.
My question to you, what was reconciled in Rom 5:10 and II Cor 5:18-19. In other words what was out of balance?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you mean that you wrote a comment like the one above, so it has been. However, that means nothing when in reality you have not. Your comment is neither a discussion, nor an answer to my questions.
To write the comments you do, not addressed to anyone and then unable to defend them make them useless. A person who does not know Christ would have no understanding of anything based on your comments. If he had a question you would be unable to explain yourself.
Its been addressed

Status
Not open for further replies.