The Gospel of Reconciliation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blaming God for what Adam did?
Adam didn't do anything to you, me or anyone else. If the effect of Adam/s sin changed you, then it was God who caused that to happen.
Blaming God for what you choose to do?
I am not blaming God for anything. that is you,

God blames me for my sin not Adam's. To blame me for Adam's sin would have been totally unjust. God is not unjust no matter what you think about Him.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Adam didn't do anything to you, me or anyone else.

Adam sinned and that separated Him from God.
And you are a descendant of 1st Adam, and his sin, = is universal application as "the adamic nature", and if you are not born again, then you are still in it.

If the effect of Adam/s sin changed you, then it was God who caused that to happen.

Not "changed me"......but "born in sin"... born in the "Adamic Nature".

or "You are of YOUR Father THE DEVIL">.. as that is the spiritual condition that came to Adam, and became his "adamic nature".

This is everyone's nature, the "sin nature" until we are born again, and receive the "divine nature.".

God blames me for my sin not Adam's.

The reason you want to sin, is because you were born "in Adam" and that is the sin nature that is passed unto Humanity based on Adam's rebellion.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Received into His favor 2

When sinners are reconciled to God while they are enemies by Christ death Rom 5:10, they have been received into Gods divine favor. Now this can only be possible if their sins have already been put away and they're remembered no more Heb 8:12

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

This is also them whom God will not charge or impute sin 2 Cor 5:19 and Rom 4:8

So them that have been reconciled to God while they are enemies and unbelievers have no sin charged against them , or they could not have been reconciled into Gods divine favor.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Received into His favor 2

When sinners are reconciled to God while they are enemies by Christ death Rom 5:10, they have been received into Gods divine favor. Now this can only be possible if their sins have already been put away and they're remembered no more Heb 8:12

Yes..

You BELIEVE by Faith, (once you KNOW what to Believe)..... then God FORGIVES and then gives the BELIEVER, = The NEW BIRTH..

Happens every time, for over 2000 yrs now.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are a descendant of 1st Adam, and his sin, = is universal application as "the adamic nature", and if you are not born again, then you are still in it.

That is traducianism and it is a lie. Original Sin or its worse brother, Total Depravity, is one of the very worst doctrines ever eisegeted into the word of God.
Nature is not sin. Yes we have the nature of Adam, the nature that come directly from God. That is the tendency to sin, but the tendency itself is not sin.
or "You are of YOUR Father THE DEVIL">.. as that is the spiritual condition that came to Adam, and became his "adamic nature".
That is what they became, not how they began. God gave us our spirits, not Adam. Jesus declared That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit (John 3:6).
This is everyone's nature, the "sin nature" until we are born again, and receive the "divine nature.".
We had a divine nature to begin with. It became tainted, depraved, but not totally depraved, when we sinned. We were pure when we were born, became tainted or depraved when we sinned. that is why we must be born AGAIN, It is a spiritual REbirth.
The reason you want to sin, is because you were born "in Adam" and that is the sin nature that is passed unto Humanity based on Adam's rebellion.
Even admitting to wanting to sin, which is not strictly true, we do not become sinners until we do sin. And if Adam did not have a "sin nature" to begin with, then why did he sin? The simple truth is that we begin life just as pure as Adam began his life. He "fell" when he sinned.. We "fall" when we sin, not when we are born.

I repeat, the doctrines of Original Sin and Total Depravity is an affront, an indignity, an offense to the very character of God.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can make that claim all day but it will not change what scripture means now and what it meant for Christians in the early centuries.
Do you think Paul got his Greek incorrect. The Church spoke exclusive Greek for 5 centuries. I think they knew the language.
You still are confusing the reason Christ came, to have a Church, with what Christ needed to do in order to have a Church. Death needed to be defeated before any relationship with Christ would be meaningful and extend to an eternity.
Paul didn't speak English

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Behold ....reading this scripture, death passeth to all men, as in Spiritual death?

Adam and Eve, when they sinned, went out of the presence of God, they no longer had that wonderful Spiritual fellowship with God, therefore it was spiritual death, which we too inherited from the first Adam?

That is why Jesus had to die and be resurrected, so that we can be reconciled back to God via His Spirit, when we become Born Again, our spirit was alienated from God, because the sin of one man and woman?

Is that right?..xx

Romans 5:12-21

King James Version

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It presents us , those he died for, holy, and unblameable and unreprovable in his sight.

That is the True result of being reconciled to God by Christ death while being enemies Rom 5:10, Col 1:21-22
21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

This result comes through His Death, not by Faith, for vs 22a makes that clear. 14

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold ....reading this scripture, death passeth to all men, as in Spiritual death?

Adam and Eve, when they sinned, went out of the presence of God, they no longer had that wonderful Spiritual fellowship with God, therefore it was spiritual death, which we too inherited from the first Adam?

That is why Jesus had to die and be resurrected, so that we can be reconciled back to God via His Spirit, when we become Born Again, our spirit was alienated from God, because the sin of one man and woman?

Is that right?..xx

Romans 5:12-21​

King James Version​

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
And the non-Chirstian speaks again.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It presents us , those he died for, holy, and unblameable and unreprovable in his sight.

That is the True result of being reconciled to God by Christ death while being enemies Rom 5:10, Col 1:21-22
21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

This result comes through His Death, not by Faith, for vs 22a makes that clear. 14
Another huge misrepresentation of a text and comments out of context.
Why pick Col 1:21-22 when the antecendent of Pauls remarks is based on vs 20, The result comes through victory over death, so that Paul can speak of a persons faith, to be made Holy and blameless within Christ Church. Your views on predestination and limited atonement prevents you from seeing the Work of Christ correctly.
Paul says very clearly that someone who does not believe all the dead were raised by Christ, does not believe in Christ being risen either. If Christ is not risen your faith is in vain. You need to dwell on that context. Once you understand it you will begin to see who Christ died for and why. I Cor 15:12-19.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just a theological clarification. Man does not have a sin nature. We have a mortal nature.
A nature that causes us to sin easily. If we had a sin nature, Christ would not have been able to assume our human nature. He would be just as sinful as we are. It would also mean that we are actually sin, rather than committing a sin.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is much more to being reconciled back to God than just believing, for a start we are drawn to Jesus by God, we are then drawn to repentance/ Godly sorrow, I was also brought to believe in Jesus by God, no way was I even thinking about Jesus, not until the time just before regeneration, as soon as Jesus and belief in him came into my mind....I was then birthed in the Spirit “ Born Again “the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are his children, therefore the Spirit testifies/ speaks to our spirit, that for me is the Spiritual rebirth, which is “ Alive” the Holy Spirit is Alive And testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children....

I knew straight away by the testifying of the Holy Spirit, to my spirit that I was “ Born Again “. just as Gods word says, nothing added nothing taken away...Spirit gives birth to spirit, which makes perfect sense.

Everybody’s testimony and how they became Born Again is different....

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.

A Born Again doesn’t have a sinful nature as the have been “ Born Again “ of imperishable seed.....we are “ Born Again “;as the word of God says.....nothing more added as some try to do....by their own understanding.

We have become “ Born Again “ by the Living word of God, again many don’t seem to understand that Gods word is Alive and Active in Spirit.

As his word says,,,,.you must be “ Born Again “ to see the Kingdom of God....nothing more added.
The carnal mind wouldn’t/ couldn’t understand any of this...

Becoming “ Born Of The Spirit “ is a supernatural act a Living supernatural act ,that only God can do by his Living word, which is Biblical.

Our spirit is Born Again..and that is something one will NEVER forget, why...because we became Born Again by the Living word of God....which is “ Mind” blowing!!

Not by mans living word...

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Just a theological clarification. Man does not have a sin nature. We have a mortal nature.

The reason you sin, is because of your "adamic nature".

Romans 5...

"""""Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men,= for that all have sinned:""""

Notice " For that ALL HAVE SINNED"..

And that is because Adam's Fall, is the fall of us all INTO the sin nature.

A.) This is the "old man of Sin" that is "crucified with Christ" when a person is "born again"., as a "new Creation".

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I guess another way of looking at it.

We inherited the first Adam nature.

Then a Born Again, inherits the second Adam nature ,the second Adam is Jesus.

Just my thoughts.

2 Peter 1:4
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

New Living Translation
And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

English Standard Version
by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

Berean Standard Bible
Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Then a Born Again, inherits the second Adam nature ,the second Adam is Jesus.

1.) 2 Peter 1:4... "by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the Divine nature" .... = Born again as = The New Creation In Christ.

2.) 2 Corinthians 5:21.... The Divine nature.. = ."Having Become the righteousness of God, in Christ"... "born again"..

• Love

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another huge misrepresentation of a text and comments out of context.
Why pick Col 1:21-22 when the antecendent of Pauls remarks is based on vs 20, The result comes through victory over death, so that Paul can speak of a persons faith, to be made Holy and blameless within Christ Church. Your views on predestination and limited atonement prevents you from seeing the Work of Christ correctly.
Paul says very clearly that someone who does not believe all the dead were raised by Christ, does not believe in Christ being risen either. If Christ is not risen your faith is in vain. You need to dwell on that context. Once you understand it you will begin to see who Christ died for and why. I Cor 15:12-19.
If you dont believe what Im saying there, you totally no nothing of the reconciliation Christs Death provides.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason you sin, is because of your "adamic nature".

Romans 5...

"""""Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men,= for that all have sinned:""""
That is precisely what I stated. However it is never called either a sin nature, nor Adamic nature. We have a mortal nature.
Notice " For that ALL HAVE SINNED"..
the antecedent is missing in this phrase. It is death. We know that death spread to all men because all men sin. We sin because of our mortal nature. This is verified in I Cor 15:56, where it states that the sting of death is sin. We do not sin in the manner of Adam which is what Rom 5:14 is saying.
And that is because Adam's Fall, is the fall of us all INTO the sin nature.
Not a sin nature but a mortal nature. The consequence of Adam's sin was death. That death is what is passed on to all men through our human nature. We are dead, mortal beings. What we call life or living is but a battle to remain alive because we are in a state of death. We need to kill everything we eat to stay alive.
A.) This is the "old man of Sin" that is "crucified with Christ" when a person is "born again"., as a "new Creation".
Our human nature does not change in our lifetime. We are mortal when we are born, we will still be mortal when we die. The man of sin is our propensity to sin living unto ourselves. When we are born again, we should live unto Christ.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you dont believe what Im saying there, you totally no nothing of the reconciliation Christs Death provides.
Just the opposite. What I have stated has been the historical understanding of the Incarnation of Christ from the Apostolic times. It has never changed. You are a long way from what scripture states. In this case you ignored again the full context of the verse you cited, hoping it says what you want it to say. Did you read I Cor 15:12-19? What do you think it means? He is speaking directly to you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That is precisely what I stated. However it is never called either a sin nature, nor Adamic nature. We have a mortal nature.

Your body is "mortal".

Your "soul" is your mind, will, and emotions.

Your SPIRIT is what becomes born again, as the "new Creation in Christ'.

We sin because of our mortal nature.

You sin because of your "Adamic" nature.

Not a sin nature but a mortal nature.

Adamic nature

Our human nature does not change in our lifetime.

It does if you are born again.

So, in that case you receive the "divine nature", that is the born again Spirit.

• Love